Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Oxens of light (something like lightforged Tauren)
    Undead dragon gnomes
    Enlightened Eredar
    Tinker gnomes
    The order of Moo (alliance tauren)
    Ugly Vulpera (Vulpera, but intentionally made ugly, alliance)
    We got a regular ole jokester on hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    We got a regular ole jokester on hands.
    But i really would like undead dragon gnomes.

5+ Year Old Account
    After dwelving all the morning on Furlborg stuff, i just consider them a higly candidate if somehow Blizzard updates their model to something like this

Dont ask how i just found it searching trough google, no watermark, no sign just a good high res bear, if anyone could tell me from what game this is or its someone that updated the model of Furlborg as a fan made, tell me. Because this is what i imagine Furborlg allied race for Alliance could be.

As comments below link it this is the work of Liem Nguyen character artist amazing design https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zAKkmw
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2019-05-06 at 08:50 PM.

I would create a Furbolg only guild. Just to see them walking around in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    After dwelving all the morning on Furlborg stuff, i just consider them a higly candidate if somehow Blizzard updates their model to something like this

Dont ask how i just found it searching trough google, no watermark, no sign just a good high res bear, if anyone could tell me from what game this is or its someone that updated the model of Furlborg as a fan made, tell me. Because this is what i imagine Furborlg allied race for Alliance could be.
    OH MY FUCK... this looks incredible, great find, really! I'd roll this straight away.

It looks like one of those a fan made 3D pieces from the art competition, it's in the WoW and Blizzard art style... I mean it looks ripped right from the game

I wonder if the player base would be down with visual "retcons" like this for well Furbolgs and Hozen to bring the model into a more playable state.
    Last edited by Directionalk9; 2019-05-06 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    High Arakkoa we essentially already have playable as the Zandalari Balance form, kind of. It's pretty much the same model so they can so go all in on Ascended Arakkoa if they chose. Ethereal can be pulled off anatomically, it has two legs and two arms and a head, and customization can involve bandages and other aesthetics. I don't see them giving us a hulking forest troll when we already have two trolls. Mok'Nathal or Ogres better become playable down the line somehow. Mogu's possible. San'Layn seems unnecessary.
    - High Arakkoa are supposed to still be stranded in Alternate Draenor. I think if we see them again, they'll be part of Yrel's Army of Light.
    - Ethereal are a probably candidate as they have many factions, and they could add them to Alliance, Horde, or both.
    - Forest trolls could be added on a second pass on allied races, but I doubt it. Thematically they're too close to Darkspear, so I doubt they're to high on the priority list.
    - Ogres, they don't have female model. Also they can't do them too tall or they won't fit through doors (tauren and zandalari seem to be on the limit, specially on older zones). Mok'nathal, we have only seen Rexxar and we know pretty much nothing about them.
    - Mogu are highly improbable, as they seem to still be on "enemy race" on Blizzard list, judging by island expeditions. Although they could make one faction splints.
    - San'layn are probable. Theme (vampires) is popular, they planted the seed of them joining the Horde in the Alliance war campaign, and it looks like a perfect candidate to Forsaken to bring them in.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    - High Arakkoa are supposed to still be stranded in Alternate Draenor. I think if we see them again, they'll be part of Yrel's Army of Light.
    - Ethereal are a probably candidate as they have many factions, and they could add them to Alliance, Horde, or both.
    - Forest trolls could be added on a second pass on allied races, but I doubt it. Thematically they're too close to Darkspear, so I doubt they're to high on the priority list.
    - Ogres, they don't have female model. Also they can't do them too tall or they won't fit through doors (tauren and zandalari seem to be on the limit, specially on older zones). Mok'nathal, we have only seen Rexxar and we know pretty much nothing about them.
    - Mogu are highly improbable, as they seem to still be on "enemy race" on Blizzard list, judging by island expeditions. Although they could make one faction splints.
    - San'layn are probable. Theme (vampires) is popular, they planted the seed of them joining the Horde in the Alliance war campaign, and it looks like a perfect candidate to Forsaken to bring them in.
    I could see Mag'har bringing High Arakkoa through if that's the necessary reason to make them playable for the Horde. Having them be part of Yrel's crusade sounds cool too, though, but then I think they'd be villainous NPC's since I very much doubt Yrel joins alliance as a hero.
    Agreed on Ethereals.
    Ogres and Mok'nathal HAVE to become playable down the line, most likely Mok'nathal due to scaling and it being easier to design a half Orc female than a straight up female Ogre. As for them lacking lore? Void Elves were virtually non-existent in lore up until their introduction. If Rexxar has existed since Warcraft III, we know there must be others like him around. Wouldn't put it past Blizzard to say he finds a small group somewhere that has been hidden and Rexxar brings them into the Horde. We HAVE to have some form of playable Ogre eventually.
    Yeah, probably on Mogu, it really depends on if they want them playable or not.
    San'Layn were wiped out in that very alliance war campaign. The main thing keeping them from being playable is the fact we already have four playable elf races. I could see them being added as Undead customization options, though. The vampire theme was more or less explored with the original iteration of blood elves when they were edgier before Velen turned them into Light Elves.

High Arakkoa we essentially already have playable as the Zandalari Balance form, kind of. It's pretty much the same model so they can so go all in on Ascended Arakkoa if they chose. Ethereal can be pulled off anatomically, it has two legs and two arms and a head, and customization can involve bandages and other aesthetics. I don't see them giving us a hulking forest troll when we already have two trolls. Mok'Nathal or Ogres better become playable down the line somehow. Mogu's possible. San'Layn seems unnecessary.
    Well, when i said unplayable, i didnt mention druid forms. Arakkoa can be used for a druid form of course, just like they did with zandalari.

Ethereal are hard to be costumizable. The moment they created void elves, they merged the ethereal ideas on elves, which makes them highly unlikely to become playable.

Forest trolls arent those giant ones, they are other type of trolls people keep asking for.

And dont say Sanlayn arent necessary... i want to roll one!!
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-05-06 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Ahah, i just never could explore the vampire world in WoW, i want them to give that to me. I want them to bring some sort of San'layn and make them look like more undead-like looking than elfs.

This is an project/fanart from Liem Nguyen. You can find this on his artstation.com page. Here's the link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/zAKkmw

I don't think Blizzard would do a furbolg race like this, but I don't see it as impossible. It could be based on a heavily edited kultiran model, like they did with rexxar.
    Last edited by allomgie; 2019-05-06 at 07:57 PM.

I think this is what they should have done with worgen, but instead they created the models we see today lol

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Well, when i said unplayable, i didnt mention druid forms. Arakkoa can be used for a druid form of course, just like they did with zandalari.

Ethereal are hard to be costumizable. The moment they created void elves, they merged the ethereal ideas on elves, which makes them highly unlikely to become playable.

Forest trolls arent those giant ones, they are other type of trolls people keep asking for.

Oh, you mean like Amani trolls? Like the ones from Eastern Kingdoms from Zul'aman? I'm not opposed to those being added as customization options for Darkspear. Might get more people to play Darkspear. San'layn can also be added as an option for Undead. But their own slot? I'd prefer something thematically different.

Humans: Thin Humans
    Dwarves: Wildhammer Dwarf
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Night Elf: Keeper / Dryad
    Draenei: Broken
    Worgen: Saberon (Night Elves)

Orcs: Mok'nathal
    Trolls: Forest Trolls
    Tauren: Taunka
    Undead: Redeemed Undead
    Blood Elf: San'layn
    Goblin: Vulpera

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Humans: Thin Humans
    Dwarves: Wildhammer Dwarf
    Gnome: Mechagnome
    Night Elf: Keeper / Dryad
    Draenei: Broken
    Worgen: Saberon (Night Elves)

Orcs: Mok'nathal
    Trolls: Forest Trolls
    Tauren: Taunka
    Undead: Redeemed Undead
    Blood Elf: San'layn
    I'm guessing this is for the current skeletons? Since Vulpera are using the Goblins skeleton.
    I still want maybe a new skeleton+original race but it's hard to think of what. Ethereals are so different in so many ways, i would want them.

I've been thinking a lot about redeemed undead since i have made my mind see a new lore for them in the future because of Calia and if it happens or not. So for now i'm not going to think much of those and the actual possible races.

- - - Updated - - -

Also saberon is totally not a bad idea

Assuming each race has an AR, that leaves Worgen and Gnomes for the Alliiance & Goblins and Undead for the Horde:

On that basis, here are my possible AR's for these remaining races:

Worgen: Night Elf Worgen
    Gnomes: Mechagnomes

Undead: San'layn or Light Forged Undead
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

I like how this guy mentions that taunka only have male options letting a tiny laugh out, at 1:17 lol

I could see Mag'har bringing High Arakkoa through if that's the necessary reason to make them playable for the Horde. Having them be part of Yrel's crusade sounds cool too, though, but then I think they'd be villainous NPC's since I very much doubt Yrel joins alliance as a hero.
    Agreed on Ethereals.
    That's what I meant. They way I see it, everyone that is still on Alternate Draenor is lost to the Yrel's Army of Light. The way I see it, Blizzard is setting up Yrel as a future threat to Azeroth.

Ogres and Mok'nathal HAVE to become playable down the line, most likely Mok'nathal due to scaling and it being easier to design a half Orc female than a straight up female Ogre. As for them lacking lore? Void Elves were virtually non-existent in lore up until their introduction. If Rexxar has existed since Warcraft III, we know there must be others like him around. Wouldn't put it past Blizzard to say he finds a small group somewhere that has been hidden and Rexxar brings them into the Horde. We HAVE to have some form of playable Ogre eventually.
    Yeah, they totally could do that, but I don't see it occurring in the near future. Void Elves are an asspull from Blizzard to give High Elves to the Alliance without giving High Elves, if you know what I mean.

no more allied races, give us back proper races that we don't need to jump through stupid hoops to get

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    no more allied races, give us back proper races that we don't need to jump through stupid hoops to get
    I wish Ethereals were add as an actual race and not allied race and could have communication with void elves in their void language.

They say it will be hard to make skeletons on clothes skeletons to have a female, that's not true i saw so much stuff for female and male to work, so that's not even an issue not even clothes.

Well if in a void themed expansion they could bring the Ethereals, and make it a legit class and not allied race i would so love it. We have them for transmogs and i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    I like how this guy mentions that taunka only have male options letting a tiny laugh out, at 1:17 lol

This was the race for me that drove me wild wanting subraces, then Cataclysm introduced Dragonmaw orcs... I’ve yet to be satisfied by Allied Races. I mean I’m satisfied, but I want it to deliver so much more.