Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can't wait till this bs build up is over and we get to the meat of the story.

Still waiting for my Nightborne toons to look ANYTHING at all like the superior models used by the NPCs there. Jesus H tapdancing Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I have a question for you. While this story is retarded yes, why does this make you quit because of how dumb it is but something like The Burning Legion was fine? I mean to me the Legion was far and away the silliest and stupidest storyline in Warcraft lore. The Legion can destroy hundreds of thousands of worlds, travel the galaxies, their leader is literally planet sized, but somehow the primitive people of Azeroth manage to push them back what, 3 times? And then invade the Legions home base with almost no effort and then actually travel to other planets to push the Legion off of those as well. I mean, it’s completely and utterly ridiculous and stupid.
    That’s like asking how Frodo can destroy the one ring. We are more than those lesser worlds and had the help of other titans. Legion story was light years ahead of bfa.

Bfa is not only the worst story in wow history; it is in a rare pantheon of all time bad game stories to me

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That’s like asking how Frodo can destroy the one ring. We are more than those lesser worlds and had the help of other titans. Legion story was light years ahead of bfa.

Bfa is not only the worst story in wow history; it is in a rare pantheon of all time bad game stories to me
    BFA is just all round terrible from a story point.

The Alliance v Horde story doesn't go back to it's roots at all.

Sylvanas is just basically this "empowered women" rubbish that keeps getting pushed into media rather than actually developing an interesting female character. I mean shit they even said in an interview "we will never see her in chains because she isn't like that".

As for Old Gods. Who actually cares after what we've already seen of them in the past?

And this timegating of stories for weeks/months doesn't help either. Why the hell should stories be timegated in an RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    BFA is just all round terrible.

The Alliance v Horde story doesn't go back to it's roots at all.

Sylvanas is just basically this "empowered women" rubbish that keeps getting pushed into media rather than actually developing an interesting female character. I mean shit they even said in an interview "we will never see her in chains because she isn't like that".

As for Old Gods. Who actually cares after what we've already seen of them in the past?
    This expac should’ve been all ally vs horde. Each their own raids, each taking land from one another, and id honestly wish they’d add to the old world than keep adding segregated pieces of land that are forgotten in a year.

This expac should’ve had major heroes and villains dying, a complete shift in power for the horde and alliance, multiple lost capitals and huge chunks of land conquered by one side or the other with player involvement maybe swinging who wins or loses in the end.

They lack the guts to make bfa s worthwhile memorable expac

Edit: they should’ve made bfa the war to end all Warcraft wars and have it entirely be horde vs alliance

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Just had to use more raised night elves....
    They cannot set up Dark Ranger as a potential class for both factions if they don't

Sylvanas and Nathanos grand plan better be the most amazing thing the world has ever seen since every setback is apparently "According to the plan"

Every quest as a Sylvanas loyalist: Help our enemies betray us and kill forsaken. I can't tell you why but it's part of the plan.
    Such brilliant writing.

Watching Game of Thrones - a show I have fallen in love with over the past 6 years (got into it a little late) and WoW - a game I have loved for over 13 years slowly kill their story breaks my heart. This is giving me hella anxiety....

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Thalyssras lines are so hypocritical it's not even funny. Yes both factions helped us but we decided to pick ONE and essentially be at war with the other...
    I thought the same thing the moment I read that line. Terrible writing as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    Watching Game of Thrones - a show I have fallen in love with over the past 6 years (got into it a little late) and WoW - a game I have loved for over 13 years slowly kill their story breaks my heart. This is giving me hella anxiety....
    At least with GoT we are getting an ending period (looking at you deadwood for making me wait 10+ years) and even if its rushed, its because of a tv schedule and limited episodes due to budgetary reasons.

WoW doesn't have those problems... it's problems are entirely self created. They had all the budget in the world for BFA and ended up making a soulless expac that appeals only to most casual wow players.

GoT at least has to end because HBO is ending it and they don't have funding for 10-20 more episodes + spinoffs. BFA isn't ending WoW so no excuse there

At least with GoT we are getting an ending period (looking at you deadwood for making me wait 10+ years) and even if its rushed, its because of a tv schedule and limited episodes due to budgetary reasons.

WoW doesn't have those problems... it's problems are entirely self created. They had all the budget in the world for BFA and ended up making a soulless expac that appeals only to most casual wow players.

GoT at least has to end because HBO is ending it and they don't have funding for 10-20 more episodes + spinoffs. BFA isn't ending WoW so no excuse there
    Fair points and I can see what you are saying. Good input and I agree with you. The finite resources / time for GoT vs BfA is obvious, BfA ultimately had all the resources they wanted to craft a wonderful tale for all of us and they just chose not to. GoT ending - as you said - is by HBO and not the show trying to off itself. Either way, seeing it happen in realtime just does not sit well with me. Two beloved franchises spiraling out of control..... It's just obvious that the writing for both has taken a back seat for fanservice / glamour and money. Just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    Fair points and I can see what you are saying. Good input and I agree with you. The finite resources / time for GoT vs BfA is obvious, BfA ultimately had all the resources they wanted to craft a wonderful tale for all of us and they just chose not to. GoT ending - as you said - is by HBO and not the show trying to off itself. Either way, seeing it happen in realtime just does not sit well with me. Two beloved franchises spiraling out of control..... It's just obvious that the writing for both has taken a back seat for fanservice / glamour and money. Just sucks.
    Aside from Some of the winterfell moments, i don't think the writing is too bad in GoT the last 2 seasons... just really rushed which is understandable because they have to wrap it up.

Not only because HBO is wrapping it up, but the actors/actresses have mostly all become rising stars and its harder to keep them together every year. Do i wish it was better and we had more tragedy? Of course i do, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

When Deadwood ended on a cliff hanger... i still haven't gotten an ending until the movie in a few weeks (10 years later) so having an imperfect, but not terrible ending to GoT is better than nothing.

Other than The Wire; no show is perfect. Even the heralded Breaking bad, imho, fell off the last season for me. GoT is a lot more spectacle than nuance now for sure, but their on the clock so to speak and gotta wrap things up. HBO even gave them an extra year in between to help things out.

BFA had funding, time, and everything they needed to be successful and nearly every idea they threw against the wall bounced back or were straight rejected. I wish WoW was in a better spot, but again it could be worse... at least i got classic soon

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as I despise Sylvanas, I can't stop myself from feeling sorry for the Sylvies loyalists to kill her themselves while Nathanos asks them to keep pretending as it is but a simple test of loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    As much as I despise Sylvanas, I can't stop myself from feeling sorry for the Sylvies loyalists to kill her themselves while Nathanos asks them to keep pretending as it is but a simple test of loyalty
    Somehow, after we kill her, we hear slow clapping from the shadows as undead Garrosh emerges claiming we passed our final test.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I have a question for you. While this story is retarded yes, why does this make you quit because of how dumb it is but something like The Burning Legion was fine? I mean to me the Legion was far and away the silliest and stupidest storyline in Warcraft lore. The Legion can destroy hundreds of thousands of worlds, travel the galaxies, their leader is literally planet sized, but somehow the primitive people of Azeroth manage to push them back what, 3 times? And then invade the Legions home base with almost no effort and then actually travel to other planets to push the Legion off of those as well. I mean, it’s completely and utterly ridiculous and stupid.
    bc player think for some reason Warcraft Vanilla and Bc where good story.

All the story from WOW have been stupid since day one, is a fantasy/sci-fi game at this point.

There is 0 explanaition on the game why after so many year the Drenai dont have spash ships again or better technology that sword and shield. Since is clear they know this technologi, not only that most of the evils we have phase over the year have the power to overrun us, and bc some plot whole they just wait.

Hell the lichking could have over run us during the questing on Wrath bc plot magic hold him.

Ppl said now the story is bad but it been bad from the star, you love it or hate it but isnt GoT level of writing, is just a cheazy fantasy/sci-fy story.

Hell just for the power level some of the race control the war could have been over long time ago, from time magic from Nightborns, or the Space ship from Lightforge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Somehow, after we kill her, we hear slow clapping from the shadows as undead Garrosh emerges claiming we passed our final test.
    But this time. Garrosh has boobs.

Finally, Garrosh and Sylvanas form a single, perfect warmongering being
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    But this time. Garrosh has boobs.

Finally, Garrosh and Sylvanas form a single, perfect warmongering being
    All Hail Sylvarrosh. The true Warchief

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this. We all agreed a long time ago, over hundreds of forum threads in the last 13-14 years, that the story isn't the best part of the game, but come on. This is getting ridiculous. No choices matter and we need to play the game "as intended".

That’s strange, eso and swtor both offer choices with team impact. They’re both mmos
    That's because they're shittier sequels to great single player rpg's that happen to have mmo features strapped on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    They keep fucking up small sized raid tuning ever since they increased flex raiding, incredible.
    It's because they stopped caring about anything under 20 when they made mythic 20 only. Kind of like how they didn't care how many guilds they destroyed in the process