Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You can refuse to not accept that as a source. I choose to accept it as true. And I can tell you for certain, if he was naked or not, if I am holding my firearm at someone and they charge at me to get the firearm, I would shoot them too. Police officers have done it in several cases. That is presenting a deadly threat to you. Self defense for certain can be justified if that scenario is true.
    American police aren’t a good example of how to conduct oneself in a threatening situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You can refuse to not accept that as a source. I choose to accept it as true. And I can tell you for certain, if he was naked or not, if I am holding my firearm at someone and they charge at me to get the firearm, I would shoot them too. Police officers have done it in several cases. That is presenting a deadly threat to you. Self defense for certain can be justified if that scenario is true.
    And the part that you nor the other very dense people seem to get. When you're the one who kidnapped the man who charges you after you stripped them naked to execute them or at least threaten them by putting your weapon at them it's not self defense. It's you trying to come up with any excuse to get you off.

You stupidly read man charged at him and ignored all other context. Knowing full well in on this sycophants ignore this level of mind boggling stupidity cannot go unaddressed.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

But I was not there and heard all the testimony and I am not saying he was not guilty of anything. Sounds like he did not follow the military rules as a min. Which could result in a court marshal, fine and a dishonorable discharge. But a murder charge seems over the top, unless they did not believe his story. If he had shot him in the back of the head? Murder.
    He was the kidnapper. It's not self defense if you are the aggressor and the initiator of the violence.

He was guilty, he straight up murdered a guy. He had no justification to kidnap the guy in the first place.

But I was not there and heard all the testimony and I am not saying he was not guilty of anything. Sounds like he did not follow the military rules as a min. Which could result in a court marshal, fine and a dishonorable discharge. But a murder charge seems over the top, unless they did not believe his story. If he had shot him in the back of the head? Murder.
    Your opinion means jack squat, man. The guy was actually convicted of murder, Trump merely gave him a pardon. He was already considered guilty.

That this happened does not shock me; warzones are never pretty, stress runs high, the ideal scenario of holding fire until absolutely necessary is not always realistic. What IS shocking, is refusing to punish this kind of behavior because we don't like who the target is. I don't give a fuck if China or Russia or whatever other pissant dictatorship does it all the time: the US is supposed to be better than this at holding its own accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    No you don't. Even using a left wing source to explain away the myths of pardons https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.0bcd3f0fd364

Calling The Washington Post "a left wing source" why??? Internationally speaking the WaPo is seen as a quality, highly intellectual newsource. So why do YOU, a so called "impartial moderator", think the WaPo is "left"?

Quote Originally Posted by Software View Post
    Calling The Washington Post "a left wing source" why??? Internationally speaking the WaPo is seen as a quality, highly intellectual newsource. So why do YOU, a so called "impartial moderator", think the WaPo is "left"?
    I've never attempted to hide my political leanings - Conservative Constitutionalist.

WaPo itself reports that it is left as Foxnews is right. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6d3d8c377f18

I've never attempted to hide my political leanings - Conservative Constitutionalist.

WaPo itself reports that it is left as Foxnews is right. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6d3d8c377f18
    So, does that mean Fox news is Right wing?

Edit: And that's not even taking into account their extreme shows on Fox, or at the very least, Hannity.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, does that mean Fox news is Right wing?
    uhhmmm, yeah

uhhmmm, yeah
    And the added Hannity in as a separate, because he's that far off the rails. I wonder if the other evening also pander to the extreme right wing.

It would appear that WaPo is as far to the left, asd Fox is to the right... without their ultra-right-wing nonsense.

When I hear "constitutional conservative," All I can think about is people like Orlong and their devout belief in taking away the freedoms of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

He left the base to seize and interrogate someone that his unit already released. He then stripped that person naked and took him to the desert to interrogate him. If the person lunges at that point, that is still murder. Either way, he killed him, left the body in the desert and never reported anything happened.

That isn't "not following military rules" that is vigilante justice leading to an extra-judicial killing. That is murder, which is why he was convicted of murder. Which is something we have been systematically trying to get rid of in Iraq and Afghanistan both. By doing this, he embarrasses the nation, and sets us back on our mission. There is no realistic doubt that he killed him, a pardon is way of endorsing this brutal behavior.

And the added Hannity in as a separate, because he's that far off the rails. I wonder if the other evening also pander to the extreme right wing.

It would appear that WaPo is as far to the left, asd Fox is to the right... without their ultra-right-wing nonsense.
    Because they're referencing his radio show, which has a huge audience and is separate from his Fox show.

And WashPo is a bit further left than Fox, MSNBC is closer to where Fox is on the liberal side.

Though it's worth noting: This is all based on their audience, not their actual news coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because they're referencing his radio show, which has a huge audience and is separate from his Fox show.

And WashPo is a bit further left than Fox, MSNBC is closer to where Fox is on the liberal side.

Though it's worth noting: This is all based on their audience, not their actual news coverage.
    I think that's more indicative that people who watch Fox, stick with only Fox, as opposed to people who watch multiple sources.

The Economist is also listed, and I'd hardly consider them a left-wing source.

Thats no surprice. It can be distilled from the way you moderate this part of the forums.

What you perceive as "left" is "right" on the other side of the planet though.

I think that's more indicative that people who watch Fox, stick with only Fox, as opposed to people who watch multiple sources.
    The chart says nothing to that effect. That's just placing where an outlet/show's audience is on a left/right political chart, that's pretty much it.

The Economist is also listed, and I'd hardly consider them a left-wing source.
    They most definitely are but again, this isn't a chart showing the outlets political leaning. It's a chart showing where their audience stands.

No you don't. Even using a left wing source to explain away the myths of pardons https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.0bcd3f0fd364
    Yeah, actually you do. Someone already linked the law. That was one of the things that Arpaio was asked when he got his pardon from Trump.

The chart says nothing to that effect. That's just placing where an outlet/show's audience is on a left/right political chart, that's pretty much it.

They most definitely are but again, this isn't a chart showing the outlets political leaning. It's a chart showing where their audience stands.
    That's fine, which is how I extrapolated that people who watch Fox are more likely to not watch others, assuming they watch a similar amount of news (or read it). If they are out on that island, it shows that their readers are not swayed by the others.

That's fine, which is how I extrapolated that people who watch Fox are more likely to not watch others, assuming they watch a similar amount of news (or read it). If they are out on that island, it shows that their readers are not swayed by the others.
    Then you could literally say the same about any other one-off data point on that list, or that folks who fall under the clustered points don't go beyond those sites.

That's extrapolating information that's in no way, shape, or form represented in that graph.

You may not be wrong, IIRC there have been studies that show that most Fox viewers are single-source viewers/readers, but that's separate from any information present here.

Then you could literally say the same about any other one-off data point on that list, or that folks who fall under the clustered points don't go beyond those sites.

That's extrapolating information that's in no way, shape, or form represented in that graph.

You may not be wrong, IIRC there have been studies that show that most Fox viewers are single-source viewers/readers, but that's separate from any information present here.
    I'm just trying to figure out how the Economist ended up in the exact same spot. That graph raises quite a few questions.

When I hear "constitutional conservative," All I can think about is people like Orlong and their devout belief in taking away the freedoms of others.
    I'm a Conservative Constitutionalist in the sense that the government has only the powers specifically granted to it by the Constitution and all other powers belong to the States and/or the People.

But this can continue elsewhere so as to not derail this thread

I'm just trying to figure out how the Economist ended up in the exact same spot. That graph raises quite a few questions.
    Because it's not based off of the site/show's actual coverage. It's based off of where their audience falls on the spectrum.