Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This is what construction workers look like here:

We don't live in the 80's anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking about hard labor workers, not you.
    Our government workers usually wear upper body vests like that, especially doing road work.

But like house construction, repair construction, or little things like i was talking about like private companies? not usually. a company shirt, work boots and a pair of jeans are usually it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    But like house construction, repair construction, or little things like i was talking about like private companies? not usually. a company shirt, work boots and a pair of jeans are usually it
    Here everyone wears proper clothing except for maybe those "dad, son and a pick up truck" kind of "companies".
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should wear actual work clothes/uniforms instead of jeans.
    What's wrong with jeans and why do you keep bolding jeans?
    Putin khuliyo

Wow. People have no shame. Either way, I wouldn't buy it or wear it. Not to mention how disrespectful and distasteful it is. It's ugly as hell too. I can't think of any skirt I own that even resembles a building lol. Most of mine are flowers are just straight black or grey.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wear what you like, this is one way to never forget it or you..
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I ran out of coffee cream once at home but did not realize until the coffee was poured already and then yelled out "what is this fucking Auschwitz?" to my wife.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What's wrong with jeans and why do you keep bolding jeans?
    Because jeans aren't proper clothing for many jobs.

I bolded jeans to emphasize the fact we are talking about jeans instead of some other kind of pants/trousers.

PS. the English language doesn't have proper generic word for pants! All of the different words mean certain type of pants! You have a generic neutral word for a shirt, but not pants.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account

I bolded jeans to emphasize the fact we are talking about jeans instead of some other kind of pants/trousers.

PS. the English language doesn't have proper generic word for pants! All of the different words mean certain type of pants! You have a generic neutral word for a shirt, but not pants.
    Our generic word for pants is "pants."

Jeans are fine for any moderately laborious job, which is precisely what they were invented for. The images you've chosen look like they're required to have some high visible work wear. Other jobs might not need such precautions, but still require a sturdy fabric that doesn't tear easily and denim is such a fabric.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Our generic word for pants is "pants."
    Can you really call jeans....pants? Would people look at you funny if you refer to jeans as pants?

Jeans are fine for any moderately laborious job, which is precisely what they were invented for. The images you've chosen look like they're required to have some high visible work wear. Other jobs might not need such precautions, but still require a sturdy fabric that doesn't tear easily and denim is such a fabric.
    Our construction workers wear such indoors as well.

You know, actual professional clothing.

Here everyone wears proper clothing except for maybe those "dad, son and a pick up truck" kind of "companies".
    So basically what you're saying is that, unless it's a large corporation that has work uniforms as part of their budget, they're probably what... unskilled? Do poor work? Don't follow regulations?

Look you can't back up, and you picked a dumb fucking argument, the best thing to do is just stop posting now. And If by "here" you mean the country in your profile, ie Finland, that's great and all but... a really poor comparison to the rest of the much larger world.

In my experience how a person dresses has literally *no bearing* on the work they do. I've seen people that look worse than actual hobos do amazing shit. And I've had sharp looking people in a snappy outfit fuck up the job. Then the people after them fucked up too. Then I have someone I know (who was too busy to take the job in the first place) show up in a rusty, older truck and fix everything above and beyond the call of duty in his random t-shirt and jeans, as a favor. And that's not a one off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsReality View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that, unless it's a large corporation that has work uniforms as part of their budget, they're probably what... unskilled? Do poor work? Don't follow regulations?
    No, I'm not saying any of that.

You can buy proper construction clothing from any hardware store, doesn't need to be company labeled stuff.

Look you can't back up, and you picked a dumb fucking argument, the best thing to do is just stop posting now. And If by "here" you mean the country in your profile, ie Finland, that's great and all but... a really poor comparison to the rest of the much larger world.
    Dumb fucking argument? Crawl back where you came from, please. Also, we are talking about western world here.

In my experience how a person dresses has literally *no bearing* on the work they do. I've seen people that look worse than actual hobos do amazing shit. And I've had sharp looking people in a snappy outfit fuck up the job. Then the people after them fucked up too. Then I have someone I know (who was too busy to take the job in the first place) show up in a rusty, older truck and fix everything above and beyond the call of duty in his random t-shirt and jeans, as a favor. And that's not a one off.
    Sure, you can do amazing work with whatever clothing. However, wearing the right clothes for the job shouldn't be that hard of a concept - it's not expensive either.

Also, there are actual regulations on the workwear at least in Europe. I don't know what's the situation in the Wild West.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you really call jeans....pants? Would people look at you funny if you refer to jeans as pants?
    Yes. Jeans are pants. Slacks are pants. Shorts are pants. Khakhis are pants. Pants are any sort of clothing that covers both legs (but doesn't include dresses or skirts, it has to have two separate holes for each leg.) Pants are the generic term for it. Jeans are pants made of denim.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Jeans are pants. Slacks are pants. Shorts are pants. Khakhis are pants. Pants are any sort of clothing that covers both legs (but doesn't include dresses or skirts, it has to have two separate holes for each leg.) Pants are the generic term for it. Jeans are pants made of denim.
    Hmm, I don't think the British agree with that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I don't think the British agree with that though.
    Well what do the British know about speaking English? They put 'u's in words they don't belong.

Seriously I guess that's one difference between Americans and British. British call their boxers and briefs "pants." Americans call anything with leg-tubes pants.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Yea but this one of those cases where it makes sense. It is distasteful and disrespectful.
    when I once visited hampton court palace in Molesey, london, one of the homes of henry VIII, they had in the gift shop dolls and chocolate bars of several of henrys wives who he had beheaded. thinking back now, some might consider that in poor taste, having your daughter having a Catherine Howard doll, knowing she was a queen who was beheaded by her husband.
    #boycottchina

If there's a demand for it, then someone is going to sell it. I don't know of anyone who would buy stupid shit like that, but it takes all kinds.

That's the best thing about my job, 95% of the time I can wear whatever the fuck I want and can wear jeans to the office. Unless we have a big meeting like a gate review or I have to do a presentation I can dress effectively however I want. I live in jeans.

Seriously I guess that's one difference between Americans and British. British call their boxers and briefs "pants." Americans call anything with leg-tubes pants.
    On that topic do you refer to any items of clothing as "trousers" in particular? Like is there a certain cut or textile implied if you use that word or is it just not in the American vocab as pants substitutes fine in every case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's distasteful and unacceptable, whoever made this deserve severe backlash.

THAT BEING SAID.

This is not the worst offender, unfortunately it's popular or not to make fun of and use images with a horrific history for shit like this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This isn't a real story. This is like getting mad at a paper company because someone drew a swastika on a piece of paper purchased from them.
    I think there's a difference between you drawing a swastika on a paper you bought, and the paper company drawing the swastika for you as part of the deal.