Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope to see some more character customization and no more allied races. We don't need 40 of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Removing timegating and other gametime-milking RNG? Yeah, not gonna happen.
    Hope is what we need, old friend.

Hope that dreams will one day, somehow, come true.

HOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Because it's fucking retarded that a guy with a lot of money can just buy WoW tokens, camp the BMAH and get full tier 3. And buy mythic raid carries. What the fuck is the point in doing the content if a guy with money can just buy himself to my level of success?
    And why do you care that random guy A gets mythic by paying? be it with gold earned in-game or gold by tokens. If he feels good about it good for him (I find it pathetic but whatever) it does not affect you in any way.

He buys himself to your level of success but he is certainly not as skilled as you and never will be a real mythic raider. It's not like he is going to be in your guild and fuck everything up, in that case it's easy "Get out".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The thing with Golden is... she's written some very good novels for Warcraft. I cannot understand how she was able to mess up lore so much in BfA. It's beyond awful at this point.
    You know it's not she that decides what happens right? she is there to bring the ideas to life, meaning "this and this and this will happen, fill the blanks"

@JustRob sometimes the money just sits there, there's not much to buy and they use it for convenience, it's pay to win. Annoys me a little too, but in the end, it's their gold, it's their account and their characters and they do what they want with it. If they have a easy access to stuff and not much time, on a alt for example, they actually pay for it.
    I once thought in buying some services for my alt cause i had no patience to do it all with them even tho i enjoy playing but sometimes it's just too much to catch up with and if you have a nice guild they might help, but they might not help either, mostly they care is your main in the guild. Unless an alt can be good for other raids and then they are absolutely ok in helping you to equip that alt.

Because it's fucking retarded that a guy with a lot of money can just buy WoW tokens, camp the BMAH and get full tier 3. And buy mythic raid carries. What the fuck is the point in doing the content if a guy with money can just buy himself to my level of success?
    Agreed. It's bordering on Pay to Win in terms of PvE. Hell PvP as well I guess since you could use the gold to buy carries.

The token has done more damage than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pua View Post
    Okay, so:

The new expansion is 99% to be announced at BlizzCon this year, so having spent a good chunk of time with Battle for Azeroth I think it’s time to make a few suggestions that I’d like to see. Some are going to be agreed, some are going to be disagreed, so please accept that this is a personal list and not a demand to developers that have a whole community to think of.

1. Squish the character level maximum.

Going to 130 simply increases the sheer redundancy of levels, while dropping it to 60 again means pretty much every level becomes meaningful with skills, talents and abilities. You should feel like you’ve achieved something when you ding, not when you ding 20 times. So, if that’s done…

2. Redesign classes with individuality.

Once you’ve got each level doing something, properly redesign classes to be unique to one another. The necessity for “BALANCE EVERYTHING” is no longer needed, given that it’s easier to level alternatives and most players run multiple classes as it is. Classes should be unique and different to one another, so make that happen. Meanwhile…

3. Get rid of the random gear procs.

Enough’s enough, guys. Come on. You shouldn’t be picking up an item, from any piece of content, and hoping to get lucky. Warforged gear was fun for a while, but now it’s a system that makes content redundant because of good luck, or makes players fed up because they get bad luck. My main remains behind two alts in item level because every update is either proccing badly, or trying to replace the sole two good items I already have. But with that…

4. Sort out World Quests.

It worked really well in Legion because it was a start, but it hasn’t developed… At all. For some reason the PvP and Honour options have been wholly removed, the quests are laughably similar across the board with little difference, and the reputation grinds need to be reduced from the extent that they’re currently at. If you sort this…

5. Don’t repeat the Alliance/Horde levelling zones.

I get why you tried it but, honestly, I really don’t like only having three zones to level in. I understand why you tried this out, and made all six zones technically available by trying to tell the level cap story across the board, but the reputation requirement stopped this from being controlled by players and that’s not much fun. If players again get the right number of zones…

6. Change flying to a player unlock.

Set up flying, and let the players unlock it rather than you randomly deciding when it happens. Honestly, you’ve built what the achievements are (explores, quests, reputations all done… Then wait) so let players fly once they’ve completed the achievement. You can do this with each zone you then release, given that you’ve made that work before, or you could build patch zones that encourage flight by using it. Once you manage this…

7. Get rid of the mission tabling.

It’s garbage. You’ve made it completely disinteresting because it’s so unimportant, and the “unlocked” benefits are equally naff. It wasn’t any fun during Draenor or Legion, and it’s remarkably been made even worse now. It’s not hooking anyone, it never hooked anyone, it’s never going to hook anyone. It’s time to retire it. If this is completed…

8. Sort out the needless difficulties.

Honestly, your PvE does not need the number of daft difficulties you’ve added. Dungeons should unlock the levelling ones as you go, all become Heroic at level cap, and Heroic+ for the time tests. Similarly, raids solely need to be “Normal” (first half Normal difficulty, second half Heroic) and Heroic 20-man. Not only does this remove needless difficulties across the board, it has a significant impact on item level inflation. So, if you fix group stuff…

9. Develop solo-player content.

I did the post that answered the question; everyone pretty much wants solo-content to be developed, so go ahead and do it. You could potentially replace LFR altogether if this type of concept was properly designed, and you could build a world where individuals have challenges that they won’t use random groups to complete quests from. You know it makes sense.

And… That’s it. It’s all I can think of for the time being. Sort out levelling, fix classes, sort out gear randomisation, fix World Quests, give players more zones, let us earn flying, get rid of meaningless tables, remove unnecessary difficulties and develop solo-content that can work alongside group stuff.

I’m pretty sure that would solve a lot of the current problems, but I’ve no doubt there’ll be significant disagreement.

Can't wait to read it.

Oh, and:

10. Collapse the Achievement numbers.

New players are NEVER going to catch up all of them. It's high time we turned old expansions into non-point achievements that are summarised, so that players can compete in the current system and actually aim to get themselves well numbered in the achievement system. Starting World of Warcraft, and being presented with thousands of achievements that the game is designed to skip, is just overtly needless. Time to sort that out.
    I agree with just about everything you said. If someone could get the blues attention somehow lol. Realistically though I cant help to be negative and feel this will never happen. Which is why this next expac will be the first I refuse to buy. I ended my sub after a very very long time as of January of this year. Im going to watch blizzcon, if they made these changes and announced it, then "maybe" I will consider buying.

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    And why do you care that random guy A gets mythic by paying? be it with gold earned in-game or gold by tokens. If he feels good about it good for him (I find it pathetic but whatever) it does not affect you in any way.

He buys himself to your level of success but he is certainly not as skilled as you and never will be a real mythic raider. It's not like he is going to be in your guild and fuck everything up, in that case it's easy "Get out".

- - - Updated - - -

You know it's not she that decides what happens right? she is there to bring the ideas to life, meaning "this and this and this will happen, fill the blanks"
    I care because I want to feel special for having worked hard to obtain shit that not everyone has and isn't easy to get. If someone can just whip out his mom's creditcard and get on my level easily that takes away all of my motivation to do any of the content or work hard for cool shit.

Imagine if the WoW token was in WoW Classic and you could just pay some guild to carry you to Scarab Lord, or get you Atiesh or Corrupted Ashbringer. Fuck that.

I care because I want to feel special for having worked hard to obtain shit that not everyone has and isn't easy to get. If someone can just whip out his mom's creditcard and get on my level easily that takes away all of my motivation to do any of the content or work hard for cool shit.

Imagine if the WoW token was in WoW Classic and you could just pay some guild to carry you to Scarab Lord, or get you Atiesh or Corrupted Ashbringer. Fuck that.
    Man don't even joke about the token in Classic. It would ruin so much damn prestige that the game had back then.

If the token had existed when I started playing I probably wouldn't have kept going.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be from 120 to 125 at 9.x then 126-130 by 10.x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    It will be from 120 to 125 at 9.x then 126-130 by 10.x
    Mmm, I seriously doubt that.

When they used the five level system in Cataclysm, they essentially concluded that it wasn't the right approach. Assuming they flat-out stick to the continued, and systematically contradictory, system then it'll be a 9.0 jump to 130.

I hope for it not to suck. One can wish, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously lack any psychological knowledge. Inflation of rare goods makes these goods worth less. Even though the means to acquire it differ, people who used to raid to get uber gear to flex loose the incentive to do so. MMOs important part is flexing. In real life people flex too to show their status. If someone can cheat to that status it no longer matters. And many people loose interest.
    S.H.

The thing with Golden is... she's written some very good novels for Warcraft. I cannot understand how she was able to mess up lore so much in BfA. It's beyond awful at this point.
    Never read her books but she may have been under direction from Blizzard on the general storylines. She is an author and possibly a very good one but she may not own the characters so she does not have complete freedom on how the storyline progress.

Most likely Blizzard reviewed her works and made changes as they see fit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm, I seriously doubt that.

When they used the five level system in Cataclysm, they essentially concluded that it wasn't the right approach. Assuming they flat-out stick to the continued, and systematically contradictory, system then it'll be a 9.0 jump to 130.
    Here is the Game design for leveling from Vanilla to BfA:
    1-60 Vanilla; 60 levels
    = Leveling experience bracket =
    61-70 TBC; 10 levels
    71-80 WotLK 10 levels
    81-85 Cata 5
    86-90 Mist 5
    90-100 Wod 10
    101-110 Legion 10
    111-120 BfA 10
    121-125 9.x 5
    126-130 10.x5
    131-140 11x 10

Take note in the current leveling experience that BC,WotLK share the same bracket,and so does Cata with MoP then reverts back to leveling singly in WoD then Legion, finally BfA.
    The next bracket that they would share would be WoD and Legion in the 90 to 110 and probably add BfA for upto straight 120.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-10 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    I got two words for you.

CLASS DESIGN

I don't care if the content is trash like WOD, just give me a fun class.
    wod was the start of gutting classes, if they gut them from MoP to BFA status doubt a single human would still play, they had to take it in (sh8t) moderate steps
    it is far easier to balance the game when each class has 2 core abilities 2 cds 1 major cd and they all use exact same f8cking mechanism, so u can fire 10% of ur staff to make ur - already the MOST overpayed ceo - get even more raise
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    it is far easier to balance the game when each class has 2 core abilities 2 cds 1 major cd and they all use exact same f8cking mechanism
    That's what I thought at first.

But I gotta say, the class balance is just as horrible as the previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    she wasn't tied, also the rise of SJW agenda and try to put some lgbqt+ whatever in every sh8t is teh way to make marketing now
    bfa is dead from start because it ruins many things, it ruins MoP entire story (wtf we were doing? horde are evil, again, and alliance are stupid, again), the change of sylvanas character AGAIN (u can literally see in-game right now her speech in silverpine forest, wtf?), not to mention as ppl pointed out, why the f8ck horde are ok with her? unlike Garrosh who was beloved before he became warchief and got even more beloved in Cata, sylvanas is hated by every non-forsaken since wc3 era, even belves hate her since she forced them in wrath, how she can get support? or troops? or anything? didn't she trick/seduce/recruit Saurfang because horde hate her in novel? what about how she burned the tree? didn't have a good comeback so burn it (even a 5 year old kid would be more reasonable)
    And the "MORALLY GREY" angel, blizz said we 'wait' so we see morally grey, of course, i mean she didn't steal a candy from a baby, she only burned the baby himself alive alongside his innocent civilian mother and the entire nelf society, of course that is 'morally grey'
    Golden had great stories, but they started to drop in quality, at least she didn't reach that horrible lvl of whoever wrote illidan, that guy should get 'morally greyed' in Teldrassil

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    That's what I thought at first.

But I gotta say, the class balance is just as horrible as the previous expansions.
    probably because they fired 10% of entire working power in the company
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I hope for it not to suck. One can wish, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously lack any psychological knowledge. Inflation of rare goods makes these goods worth less. Even though the means to acquire it differ, people who used to raid to get uber gear to flex loose the incentive to do so. MMOs important part is flexing. In real life people flex too to show their status. If someone can cheat to that status it no longer matters. And many people loose interest.
    But You ussually do this to have fun, or for work, but I guess everyone plays the game for a reason, so what he says is valid if that denies the reason why he plays.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we all play the game for a reason and this is yours, so I understand your concerns then.

#1 Bring back previous loot distribution methods and Tier Sets. They were more fun than this azerite power crap.

#2 Remove Warforging and Titanforging.

#3 Re-work Catchup Mechanics - they should not make raiding obsolete, but instead bring you up to gear level of the starting ilvl of the previous content at most.

#4 Evolve World Quests or remove them.

#5 Gut NPC mission boards. You made them worse with each expansion. Now just remove them entirely.

#6 As the OP said, remove the level locking of dungeons and return them to unlocking via questing. 3 Dungeons per faction while leveling is bad. Both sides in BFA should have access to all dungeons while leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    ...or it will? be there in some way, which isn't really good, but somehow disturbing...
    I guess we all play the game for a reason and this is yours, so I understand your concerns then.
    You, sir, better don't forget this>(+/+/+/+) discussion

(by the way, here one of splendid and at same time succinct descriptions of progress problem in game design perspective as complex (it requires quite pronounced "stages" of progress and an inextricably linked with it volume of history = content = plot ≡ progress bar that being reached/"consumed"/available to the player, just like that, no "options", M+...LFR...scaling...t/w.forging, just no!), also with this here being absolutely wrong one, from recent threads on EU forum (fun fact: friend used term "fake elitists" to highlight exactly those, who're discussed in this topic, already 3 years ago talking about toxicity reasons, you can search by term "(fake) elitists" there)... so, yes, it matters; it's just that some people understand/realize this (of course, it’s not worthwhile to bring its importance to point of absurdity, but to deny it is surely a challenge to rational logic), and some don't)
    was the designer comments that said it was something that essentially failed
    Moreover, these same people, for strange reasons, not so long ago made a lot of murmur by mentioning lvl squish It's time to accept as fact that they aren't "people of their word"... or simply that they themselves don't know what they're doing
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-05-13 at 05:40 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Take note in the current leveling experience that BC,WotLK share the same bracket,and so does Cata with MoP then reverts back to leveling singly in WoD then Legion, finally BfA.
    The next bracket that they would share would be WoD and Legion in the 90 to 110 and probably add BfA for upto straight 120.
    Your prediction, as erstwhile hinted, is extremely unlikely for two reasons. The first was already mentioned, in that five level systems was already abandoned, but arguably more important was the designer comments that said it was something that essentially failed.

Sure, there are enough changed personnel to suggest a different view; I just doubt it strongly, given these numbers.