144 62.07%
  • Hell Teah

35 15.09%
  • Damm Stupid

53 22.84%
Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Should the "noose" Teachers be sacked

A lot of people have been triggered by this photo of 4 teachers in Southern California.

They are holding a noose & laughing about it.

How do you feel about it & are you offended by the photo ?

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...5dff592056489a

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-NOOSE.html

A shocking photograph of a group of teachers has sparked major controversy and lead to the group’s suspension from work.

The four female teachers — who work at Summerwind Elementary School in Southern California — were photographed smiling as they pointed to a noose.

The photograph was believed to have been taken by the school principal, Linda Brandts, who then emailed the photograph — as well as a second picture of the noose hanging on a wall in the staff offices — to all employees of the school, with no caption or context.

It was soon circulated on social media, sparking fury from the public, with many demanding the group be fired immediately over the morbid act.

One parent told local media that the noose had been hung from a tree on the grounds of the school earlier this month.

They also claimed that someone shot video of the teachers laughing and joking about the noose.

The photo has enraged people across the world, with many condemning the women for appearing to celebrate a tool associated with suicide.

“You women disgust me. You have no business in education. You deserve to be fired with professional reprimand,” one person wrote.

A statement, released by Palmdale School District Superintendent Raul Maldonado, confirmed he was aware of an “incident involving the discovery of a noose and possibly inappropriate responses to that discovery.”

He assured the public that an investigation was being conducted to get to the bottom of the incident.

But this did little to quell anger from the community, with parents and local activists protesting outside of Summerwind Elementary on Friday afternoon.

Some parents even pulled their kids out of school in response to the photographs.

One parent, Tierra Harris, told her daughter why the noose was so offensive to the community.

“Do you know what they use that for? They use that to hang African-American people — that’s what they do — and kill them,” Ms Harris told television station KABC.

“They still do it to this day. I don’t want you going here because I don’t want you to feel like that.”

Another parents Breyan Clemmons pulled her child out of the school and said it “hurts me to the core”.

“It’s disgusting and I’m outraged, and I want to see some action and not just administrative leave,” she told the Antelope Valley Press.

“We think that we’re sending them to a school; they’re safe. Never do we think we’re sending them to a plantation where they got nooses hanging up, and holding on to nooses.”

Last edited by Blobfish; 2019-05-12 at 05:09 AM.

I will ask the same question that I ask for people who get sacked for siegheiling

In a country where having no work security at all is a badge of pride, why are you doing this ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So they randomly found a noose on campus ... and took photos with it?
    Like ... it's a noose. Backstory needed.
    For all we know, that got made in crafts class by a boy scout ... just b/c.

Poor taste if this belonged to a kid intending to harm themselves. Random & confusing regardless.
    Thankfully the race card was immediately played by the local populace. Phew.
    Last edited by J012D4N; 2019-05-12 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    “Do you know what they use that for? They use that to hang African-American people — that’s what they do — and kill them,” Ms Harris told television station KABC.
    there's your real racist.

but yeah, bad form on the teachers part. gotta be smarter than this in the digital age.

biggest problem here, of course, is the media. you know the parent popping off about racism is just some dumb cow that gets worked up over little shit way too easily and the media puts her bullshit front and center to get the reader to also jump to the racist conclusion. we have no idea the context of what was going on. "they still do it to this day" the bitch said. give me a fucking break lady.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-05-12 at 03:02 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

5+ Year Old Account
    I had a long and insane rant about this. But really, it is a fucking joke.
    Americans want anyone to give a fuck that some of its educators were smiling at an instrument of death. As if that means anything, to anyone, for a nation that is so stupidly and upsettingly proud of its continued stance not to give in to the pressures of its children dying within its own borders at the hands of its own people as a direct result of its firearm/mental health regulations.
    And yes, yes, 100 fucking times yes, that is the issue. There is no magic generational difference you will find. There is no modern media to blame. No new minority group to point at (Because you lot have been trying that angle since... ever.)
    It is kids getting their hands on guns and killing other kids.
    I honestly can't take Americans seriously in any real forum of debate anymore because of this.
    A nation that would choose individual academic liberties over the actual and provable deaths of children can go fuck itself, as a people.

i don't think it should be the business of any institution or corporation to police morality.

so no, they shouldn't be sacked for a dumb picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    The noose is the swastika for black Americas, and I don't a fuck about people who object what I said.

A teacher is not expected to be an expert but to have a particularly informed ear on society. They ought to know better and deserved to be fired.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and I hope it ends their careers as educators being this stupid and insensitive.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Ask them why they held that noose. If they say somethingsomething we'd love to lynch us some black dudes, sure, fire them. If they have other explanation for it, let's hear it. Just from that picture, without other context, voting "no".
    Yeah but anyone would go with the first option to avoid getting canned.

Seems they didn't something stupid AF, and are paying the consequences. I have no pity for them for losing their jobs.

they were obviously making fun of Jussie Smollett

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yes and I hope it ends their careers as educators being this stupid and insensitive.
    And I look forward to the day when your kind touting a glauc is punishable by far more - of you know any form of imagery a normal person would deem offensive - like you appropriating a game you sure as ********** haven't played. So cute how hard you had to google MMX.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Seems they didn't something stupid AF, and are paying the consequences. I have no pity for them for losing their jobs.
    But what about it is that stupid? From this single contextless image what stupidity deserving of the loss of their livelihoods have they committed?
    So far only one poster has actually offered an explanation, that the noose is an image on par with the Swastika within African American culture. Ok, fair cop. That covers why that one guy has his opinions.
    Should you personally be held accountable for any possible interpretation of any image taken of you? Why is noone angry at the school or the principle. Why is it the individuals in the image that are the targets?
    I am genuinely trying to get my head around the American concepts of guilt and blame and I am struggling. You are an inconsistent land of innocent until we don't want you to be or guilty until the media says different for your public cases. And everything else is just a crapshoot.
    These women might be gross racist shitbags, but this image is meaningless. Not seen a single person ask why the principle thought this image would be a good idea to take and share. But ooh yeah fuck these might be racists lets ruin their lives.

A noose or hangmans knot is a knot used in camping, fishing, and boating.

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    But what about it is that stupid? From this single contextless image what stupidity deserving of the loss of their livelihoods have they committed?
    So far only one poster has actually offered an explanation, that the noose is an image on par with the Swastika within African American culture. Ok, fair cop. That covers why that one guy has his opinions.
    Should you personally be held accountable for any possible interpretation of any image taken of you? Why is noone angry at the school or the principle. Why is it the individuals in the image that are the targets?
    I am genuinely trying to get my head around the American concepts of guilt and blame and I am struggling. You are an inconsistent land of innocent until we don't want you to be or guilty until the media says different for your public cases. And everything else is just a crapshoot.
    These women might be gross racist shitbags, but this image is meaningless. Not seen a single person ask why the principle thought this image would be a good idea to take and share. But ooh yeah fuck these might be racists lets ruin their lives.
    The Principle did something stupid AF too, and if she get's fired from this I have no pity.

The ironic thing is that the media (social and mainstream) has become a lynch mob - which did more than just hang minorities. Lynch mobs were also a form of vigilante justice. Being hung by a rope until dead is also a legal method of execution, including how Saddam Hussein and his sons were executed.

So anyway, they are holding an instrument of death and laughing at it, which seems very weird in any context. Like, I can't imagine seeing cowboys or KKK dudes seeing a rope tied up into a noose, and just break out laughing.

So something is very off about this to start with. Seems likely it's an inside joke. I would suspect more than likely it's a joke that's in bad taste, with the possibility that it's racist in nature.

That said, we have no idea why they were pointing and laughing, and anyone calling for their heads, or saying they should be fired is doing what every lynch mob in history has done. You've just replaced the rope with your keyboard...so for those calling for their firing or worse - congratulations on becoming that which you supposedly oppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    That's very rare in my experience. I can remember being taught how to tie a hangman's knot, though I could never remember how to do it. But I've never seen it applied in camping, fishing, or boating.

edit: alright, I take that back. So I guess the common knot for tying a hook to fishing string is a hangman's knot...or maybe a variation of it? Anyway, it seems odd to compare that rope to a knot tied in fishing line...even if they use the same/similar method.

edit #2: this is why it stinks to start typing before you've thought something completely through. There's a possibility they were being taught how to tie a hangman's knot because they were planning on doing some fishing, which they hadn't done before because "worms are gross" and all that, but someone says, "I'll show you how to tie the knot with this rope" and they were practicing. The picture was taken because the lady who tied it could never get it right, but finally did and she and her friends were excited.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's a completely plausible story....which again, it why we shouldn't tie up our own ropes to hang them before we know why they did what they did.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2019-05-12 at 03:39 AM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The noose is the swastika for black Americas, and I don't a fuck about people who object what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    you know the parent popping off about racism is just some dumb cow that gets worked up over little shit way too easily and the media puts her bullshit front and center to get the reader to also jump to the racist conclusion. we have no idea the context of what was going on. "they still do it to this day" the bitch said. give me a fucking break lady.
    Vargulf, meet PACOX.
    PACOX, meet Vargulf.
    You two should be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Just watch. It's totally going to be from a boy-scout in crafts class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I believe people are overreacting, but then again those teachers were idiots to put that photo online. No one but them knows the context of that scenario, but it doesn't matter because people will fill in the blanks regardless. This is why you use social media wisely and don't just post every little thing for the world to see. In this current day and age where being offended is the bees knees, everyone wants a slice of the cake and wants to be offended.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

"“Do you know what they use that for? They use that to hang African-American people — that’s what they do — and kill them,” Ms Harris told television station KABC."

This whole Black craze is retarded. I hate to break it to you sweetheart, but the noose was a thing LONG before african americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be distasteful but definitely not worth firing them for.