144 62.07%
  • Hell Teah

35 15.09%
  • Damm Stupid

53 22.84%
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So,

1. This was retarded as fuck. Like, whats even the joke? I can understand if they made some funny banter out of it. But the picture is literally just them pointing at a noose with no caption.
    2. People making this about race need to shut the fuck up and sit down. Hanging existed way before black people were slaves in Europe or America.
    3. This shouldn't really even be a big deal. If anything, the teachers who got it sent to them should probably be a bit weirded out but thats it. But guess what, America? You live in a country where you are HAPPY that you have no workers rights. You call that shit freedom with a smile on your face. Now you reap the rewards.

Yes, none of them should be teachers.

African-American students especially are unable to ever stop thinking if their bias guides them and white students have never deserved to potentially be exposed to that bias.

Freedom of Speech never means Freedom of Consequences. Those people are in their right to express their opinions and those they work for have the right to fire them. Freedom of Speech goes both ways, else all you have is a mockery where one side can throw abuse at the other side without the fear of consequences.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So,

1. This was retarded as fuck. Like, whats even the joke? I can understand if they made some funny banter out of it. But the picture is literally just them pointing at a noose with no caption.
    2. People making this about race need to shut the fuck up and sit down. Hanging existed way before black people were slaves in Europe or America.
    3. This shouldn't really even be a big deal. If anything, the teachers who got it sent to them should probably be a bit weirded out but thats it. But guess what, America? You live in a country where you are HAPPY that you have no workers rights. You call that shit freedom with a smile on your face. Now you reap the rewards.
    And this is the problem, there is no context to the photo.. Unfortunately the MSM and their ilk will make up their own conclusions and not actually do the what, where, how and why and actually find out what the whole point of the photo was..

5+ Year Old Account
    Why should they? There is zero context and everyone jumped to conclusions before they were given.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m sorry that you think there’s no connection in American history between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s a stupid photo to take, let alone post. Professional educators in America should know this.
    Yes it was dumb for the person was to take and post it especially in this day and age, the photo could of been harmless but we will never really know.. In that we will never know what they were thinking and the whole premise of why they took the photo..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Why should they? There is zero context and everyone jumped to conclusions before they were given.
    That is the problem with people and society today, in that they will jump to conclusions and not actually wonder what the actual context of the photo was.. Was it intended for nefarious purposes or was it just a bit of silly fun, all of that we will never likely know..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-05-12 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    So I should sport swastika and ignore hitlers use of it then? Are you trying to trap me with your retardation or?...

Comparing a noose and swastika in the first place was retarded as shit because then dumbfucks like you hop on my dick and generalize everything.
    Someone didn't get enough love as a child

Much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    But nobody is saying that. It's equally unnecessary to immediately assume that it's totally fine. That's why it's being investigated, so we can find out what the truth is.

The real problem is that when there's even any question as to whether something is racist or not, Team Nobody is Ever Racist and in this specific case, 'Sub-Team Knots are Cool' jump into action and cry oppression at everyone who's just having a little look to see if there could be a tiny bit of racism there for the sake of knowing what the fuck we're even talking about here. Checking to see if something is true is not the same thing as declaring it to be so.
    Yeah, that's not true. First, there is no "team nobody is ever a racist". I've never heard a single person ever say there's no racists anywhere.

Second, team "maybe we should find out what the context first is before we lynch these ladies" is only crying about what team "everyone I disagree with is a racist, and I see racism in everything" is saying.

The only people saying we shouldn't check to see what's going on are the people saying the teachers should be fired.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I didn't know referencing anything with the slightest connection to race is grounds for being fired.

Treating African Americas as delicate snowflakes and getting enraged on their behalf is only going to perpetuate the negative link of racism that seems always attached to them.

The irony of the lynch mob attacking women for holding a piece of rope is not lost on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Just plain stupid. Out of context I cant say, but really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    So,

Swastikas existed before ww2....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I didn't know referencing anything with the slightest connection to race is grounds for being fired.

Treating African Americas as delicate snowflakes and getting enraged on their behalf is only going to perpetuate the negative link of racism that seems always attached to them.
    So if these teachers were laughing at a swastika what would you say?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yeah, that's not true. First, there is no "team nobody is ever a racist". I've never heard a single person ever say there's no racists anywhere.

Second, team "maybe we should find out what the context first is before we lynch these ladies" is only crying about what team "everyone I disagree with is a racist, and I see racism in everything" is saying.

The only people saying we shouldn't check to see what's going on are the people saying the teachers should be fired.
    They're on leave while an investigation is going on... you have people who think an investigation doesn't even need to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

So if they were holding a swastika?

Anyone who thinks a knot is racist should really just grow a fucking brain. Remember people are trying to make clowns racist now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post

Well this is confusing because not only do I think that the optics are obviously problematic, I also don't know for certain that they were intentionally going for that. Intentions aside, you'd have to be a complete moron to not see this blowback coming from a million miles off.

The weird thing is that if somebody even brings up the possibility of it being racist, specifically in the context of 'we should look into this and reserve judgement', you instantly get a bunch of mad cunts being all like:

'SEE THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH SOCIETY. PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN POSE WITH A NOOSE ANY MORE WITHOUT BEING ACCUSED OF RACISM. HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THAT THEY COULD HAVE BEEN GOING TO A NOOSE PARTY, MAKING A DECORATION FOR A NICE NOOSE CAKE OR CELEBRATING JUST HAVING PASSED A NOOSE MAKING CLASS? ANYWAY NOOSES HAVE BEEN USED ON PEOPLE OF ALL RACES, AND THE FACT THAT LYNCHING WAS A THING CHANGES NOTHING'

My point is that they've been suspended while it all gets sorted out, which is absolutely the right call. Saying that they shouldn't be fired before actually knowing the facts of the situation is just as ridiculous as saying that they should. The only sensible position is to be completely agnostic on the question of their future employment status until the information is available to make that call, and when people make excuses for them and jump to their defense with complete asspull alternative narratives based on no facts whatsoever it belies a pretty clear bias towards blindly denying any and all accusations of racism because SJWs bad, or something.

We just don't have the facts, so I see no reason why anybody would put so much effort into looking for reasons why an accusation isn't true in this situation unless they didn't want it to be true. The same goes the other way too. Anyone who takes a position other than 'I literally don't fucking know' is going to look a total dick if and when it turns out that they're wrong.

I doubt that there's context that makes this better, but I'd like to know why they were doing this anyway.

It seems at least grounds for what I'm seeing so far, temporary suspension and some serious harsh words and negative publicity. I think that's enough to be honest. I doubt they'll do it again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So if they were holding a swastika?
    Be realistic and try again. What an ignorant thing to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Sensationalist media blowing things out of proportion yet again, and people flying off the handle for absolutely no real reason at all.

Stay classy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Be realistic and try again. What an ignorant thing to say
    The only ignorant thing here is failing to see the similarities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Sensationalist media blowing things out of proportion yet again, and people flying off the handle for absolutely no real reason at all.

Stay classy.
    They're on leave while investigation is happening idk why that is a big deal.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The only ignorant thing here is failing to see the similarities.
    You're making it more obvious you have no idea what a hate crime symbol is. Or even what the noose primarily symbolizes, even within the south. Jfc