Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mine? Hm...
    - Being able to toggle to modern graphics, models and animations. I miss Classic systems, design, etc... But hell I surely don't miss the 3 polygon spells.
    - Having the barbershop. I actually forgot to realize that barbershop wasn't a thing in Vanilla, and you were locked with the hair choice you made at the start.
    - The full modern interface.
    None of these actually interfere with the game systems themselves.

There is another thing that in "theory" wouldn't interfere either, but I know many players that draw a line because of visual cues of power: transmog system. That would be the only selling point that would make me fully change Retail (at its current state) for Classic 100%.

That they'll complete the scrapped Azshara battleground from Vanilla.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get people's desire for xmog, but the fact is, seeing the armor of your opponent (PVP-wise) can adjust your strategies.
    Like, just HP pool alone can work, but if you know the warrior has a specific tier set and/or wep, you may approach it differently.
    Seeing a guy in leveling greens vs full warlord will def have HP indicators, but visually you can say 'nah, fuck that guy, I'm outta here' instead of getting roflstomped.

Plus, it would take away from the clown suits we all will wear for the majority of our play time.
    That's comedic gold you can't replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I get people's desire for xmog, but the fact is, seeing the armor of your opponent (PVP-wise) can adjust your strategies.
    Like, just HP pool alone can work, but if you know the warrior has a specific tier set and/or wep, you may approach it differently.
    Seeing a guy in leveling greens vs full warlord will def have HP indicators, but visually you can say 'nah, fuck that guy, I'm outta here' instead of getting roflstomped.

Plus, it would take away from the clown suits we all will wear for the majority of our play time.
    That's comedic gold you can't replace.
    Since they already have toggleable Ultra/Classic environment setting, this problem would be solved by a toggleable transmog option just fine.

The clownsuits weren't as bad in vanilla as they came to be in BC, right? I remember that BC had a lot of neon recolors of Vanilla gear...

boar penises should stack to 20 or 1000 instead of 5
    debuff limit is silly (although i havent done much research into how broken it might be with a higher debuff limit)
    There's also nothing stopping Blizzard from resurrecting both Arthas and Archimonde and turning them into super saiyans so that they can fuse and fight Sargeras

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Theramore had them didn't it? Or was that pirate server adjustment...
    Hm. You have me second guessing myself now. I do remember there were training dummies in Theramore, and there was something different about them, but I can't remember what specifically.

Wasn't there a quest that involved hitting those dummies, but then you couldn't interact with them once the quest was complete? Seems like maybe there was a quest where some guard recruits were attacking the dummies, but one of the sergeants or someone sent you in to "show them how it's done" by hitting the dummies a few times. Although my memory is hazy on the details because it's been a long time (I never did private servers, so for me, the day before BC's launch was actually the last time I played Classic WoW).
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-05-13 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I forgot to make an irrational wish.

Crusader strike. It was in the game before beta when the Paladin class had the strike system but was removed and replaced with the Seal system. Of course it was added back to the game in the BC pre-patch. Having it available to paladins at lvl 1 would make leveling more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    Since they already have toggleable Ultra/Classic environment setting, this problem would be solved by a toggleable transmog option just fine.

The clownsuits weren't as bad in vanilla as they came to be in BC, right? I remember that BC had a lot of neon recolors of Vanilla gear...
    The colours were less garish, but that's about it. Unless you wore your AQ set, then it was largely the same kind of bad.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

True, BC did have some amazingly... unique... color schemes.

I think the irony about the absence of Transmog in Vanilla is that you just cannot get decent looking gear that easily, not counting pseudo green sets or low level sets like the Scarlet Crusade Armor from SM.

In Vanilla, you just cannot go back to previous expansion and farm gear that looks "OP".
    Want to mog Pally T2? Go ahead, Farm BWL,Ony and Rag.

The point is, in Vanilla, if you could transmog amazing Tier / PvP Sets, that means you actually wear gear equivalent to that.
    Someone who wears green cannot Transmog any Tier set, ignoring alts & the Accountwide Wardrobe feature.

Going by that, i wouldn't even mind Transmog in Vanilla, it would give Tier sets a points besides Set bonus (as some set bonuses are questionable in terms of value/ individual pieces being shit) and if someone wants to transmog some green pseudo set, let them, that doesn't "break the immersion" at all in my opinion.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think the irony about the absence of Transmog in Vanilla is that you just cannot get decent looking gear that easily, not counting pseudo green sets or low level sets like the Scarlet Crusade Armor from SM.

In Vanilla, you just cannot go back to previous expansion and farm gear that looks "OP".
    Want to mog Pally T2? Go ahead, Farm BWL,Ony and Rag.

The point is, in Vanilla, if you could transmog amazing Tier / PvP Sets, that means you actually wear gear equivalent to that.
    Someone who wears green cannot Transmog any Tier set, ignoring alts & the Accountwide Wardrobe feature.

Going by that, i wouldn't even mind Transmog in Vanilla, it would give Tier sets a points besides Set bonus (as some set bonuses are questionable in terms of value/ individual pieces being shit) and if someone wants to transmog some green pseudo set, let them, that doesn't "break the immersion" at all in my opinion.
    I don't really think it's a game-breaker either, but seeing the native gear does give you an idea of what you're dealing with from a PVP perspective.
    Would it really hurt though? Probably not, honestly.
    Most people would adapt and just assume based on HP pool and go from there.
    Then, if it happened to be a warrior in full T2 and you are in your patchwork low end pvp set, you deal with it (and eventually, die) and learn from your mistake of fighting them lol.

Plus, like someone else said, if it's a setting that could be toggled client-side, you could choose to not see the xmog, so while other people are sluttin' it up, you see their clown suits for what they really are.
    It would also stave off future ban waves should people try modding the client again because it would be built-in and allowed if part of the native settings. /shrug

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    enchanting vellums
    Operation Red Wing

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    True, BC did have some amazingly... unique... color schemes.

Buffs to be inf duration, would be nice not to have to rebuff might and wisdom every 5 or 30min

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    enchanting vellums
    omg. I completely erased from my memory the annoyance that was enchanting without the vellums.

Don't want any changes, but if I had to pick one thing then it would be to get content beyond Naxx using the scrapped old ideas like Emerald Dream, Azshara Crater, etc.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    If I had the time, I would meme the shit out of this with magneto "perfection".
    This is the "real" WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    More voice acting and overral sound. Even in retail we need more :3

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg. I completely erased from my memory the annoyance that was enchanting without the vellums.
    ya, I always hated spamming for chants. And the tiny tips after grinding up enchanting.
    There will be many things that we forgot about that will come back to haunt us. But still coming back.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    For people to get rid of 15 years worth of greed and arrogance
    Yeah my big wish is similar. I want to play with people from 2004-2007 again. Not just friends or anything. I mean I got my friends and guildies from then coming back anyways. I just mean I want the community from back then back. I miss how people were online back then. Before social media fucked everything up. It’s fasicnating I’ve been online since the 90s as a kid and I’ve seen how people and community change over time online. And honestly there’s been many ups and downs. But social media radicalized so many people in the worst ways. It just brought out the absolute worst in people.

As I said in another thread one thing I dread is the fact that everyone talks politics now so general chat is going to be the absolute worst come launch.