A MMORPG to roleplay with

So, I'm at a loss here. My biggest thing when I approach a MMORPG, I often look towards the roleplaying community and potential.

Besides WoW and XIV (the ones I actively play/ed) what other titles out there in the market have a good roleplaying community? I remember when Wildstar was relevant, due to its robust housing system, the roleplaying community thrived there, and it was also a great sci-fi esque setting. Sadly the game didn't last long.https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/...mes-Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    SWTOR has a competent RP community (Starforge-NA)... ESO isn't bad either.
    But how friendly those games are to roleplayers? I mean, speaking of interface or game features (like housing) or character customization...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR is good, especially Empire side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    But how friendly those games are to roleplayers? I mean, speaking of interface or game features (like housing) or character customization...
    Swtor is the one MMO where I basically filled out 3 massive Strongholds to the maximum with 100's of items. I really enjoy SWTOR housing. Having actually Starships for Guild housing is awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    SWTOR is good, especially Empire side.

- - - Updated - - -

Swtor is the one MMO where I basically filled out 3 massive Strongholds to the maximum with 100's of items. I really enjoy SWTOR housing. Having actually Starships for Guild housing is awesome as well.
    Nice, I'm going to check it out. But I've heard that the business model there is a bit messed up without basic features to people that go f2p.

Nice, I'm going to check it out. But I've heard that the business model there is a bit messed up without basic features to people that go f2p.
    I'm pretty sure you can just sub for a month and end up with access to all the weird road blocks after you're done.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really know, never bothered to play it F2P. It was always worth the Sub when I felt like playing it. Sub gives you access to ALL content as well, so no need to buy expansions or anything.

Goldshire on argent dawn - EU
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can just sub for a month and end up with access to all the weird road blocks after you're done.
    AFAIR there's still credit cap (something like 300k per character or so) that wouldn't allow you to buy anything useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

There's a loooooooooooooot of RP'ers in FF14, and I've only been playing for 2 months.

The most renowned RP communities in MMORPGs:

• WoW - particularly Moon Guard (Alliance) and Wymrest Accord (Horde)
    • FFXIV - particularly on Balmung, followed by Mateus. Getting on to those servers may require a bit more time and effort, as character creation is locked during prime time, so you might have to get up during off hours to try to get in, or server transfer over. There was a little bit of talk about making Jenova the third RP server, but nothing came of it.
    • LotRO - pretty dedicated RP community. Game has been on the decline but the RP community is still there.
    • Star Trek Online - used to have RP fleets back in the day, not sure about now.

There is also the MMORPG Ever, Jane, which is a RP dedicated MMO that evokes Jane Austen novels. No combat; just sipping tea in Victorian England and riding horses.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR has no speech bubbles, I'd class that as important for roleplay.

I've heard LotRO has good RP, and I don't see why ESO shouldn't. Just all about finding the right people I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    There is also the MMORPG Ever, Jane, which is a RP dedicated MMO that evokes Jane Austen novels. No combat; just sipping tea in Victorian England and riding horses.
    Where is that and how do I make the rest of my life about it.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    ESO has some great RP features like housing, emotes and character customisation. But it’s all guild/group based thanks to the mega server.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Where is that and how do I make the rest of my life about it.
    https://everjane.com/