Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    I'd like to see your data. Decent sources only, no right-wing conspiracy websites.
    That has nothing to do with right-wing conspiracy sources. It's same logic you are applying that right wingers are. Some of us don't want to apply either, but you choose to apply this prejudice because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    7% of luxembourg doesn't identity themselves as EU citizen. So clearly your numbers are quite wrong. In fact there's majority of people that indentify themselves as member of EU. Just read eurobarometre 89. I hope you aren't using any of the russian funded sources for that as their goal is to clearly disband whole EU because it weakens them greatly.
    EU citizen =/= European.

I'd like to see your data. Decent sources only, no right-wing conspiracy websites.
    Neither of us should feel the need to share because both are very well documented. I know your data is there. You should know mine is too.

That has nothing to do with right-wing conspiracy sources. It's same logic you are applying that right wingers are. Some of us don't want to apply either, but you choose to apply this prejudice because reasons.

Here, I'll start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Neither of us should feel the need to share because both are very well documented. I know your data is there. You should know mine is too.
    If "my data is there", then you admit men are, indeed, disproportionally violent. Why shouldn't a woman be wary then? To spare your feelings?

There's a social class that this applies to, and the vast majority of people aren't in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    EU citizen =/= European.
    Even older Eurobarometre had question related to thos where about 46% identified as their own nationality and European. So clearly your numbers are quite off. This is from 2013 and due to catastrophic management of brexit it has got even stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Treating someone the way THEY want to be treated is more appropriate.
    So I guess everyone should develop the ability to read minds then. Thanks for your valuable insight...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    You’re casting aspersions on someone and saying she acts like a whore. Someone you don’t know, haven’t met before, know nothing about ... do you even recognize what you write? That you come off as a misogynist and borderline racist? This is really the example you want to set for any children that you have or may have?

Get a hold of yourself, grow a pair of balls, and man the fuck up. Act like an adult, not some basement dwelling troll.
    He's completely ignoring that a lot of men visit Thai massage parlors in hope to get a happy ending or do ask for it there. Why would they do that? Because Thai women are stereotyped as prostitutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Even older Eurobarometre had question related to thos where about 46% identified as their own nationality and European. So clearly your numbers are quite off. This is from 2013 and due to catastrophic management of brexit it has got even stronger.

No country goes further than 7% as identifying as European, the vast majority put nationality first. Too bad it didn't ask about ethnicity.

Here, I'll start.

- - - Updated - - -

If "my data is there", then you admit men are, indeed, disproportionally violent. Why shouldn't a woman be wary then? To spare your feelings?
    That's my point. If your assertion that that it is ok to fear men, then it is ALSO ok to fear blacks. This is what you are saying.

Let me put it this way, if the statistics showed that certain social groups are more dangerous, would it be alright to fear them? Because I'm certain that there are such statistics in Sweden. Now if you start looking at everyone from ME / north african origin as dangerous you would be rightly branded racist. Your logic is the same here.

Let me put it this way, if the statistics showed that certain social groups are more dangerous, would it be alright to fear them? Because I'm certain that there are such statistics in Sweden. Now if you start looking at everyone from ME / north african origin as dangerous you would be rightly branded racist. Your logic is the same here.
    Yes, that's why we should stop Africans or Arabs from immigrating to European countries. If we're to take immigrants to make up for lower birth rates, we should do so from the Southeast or East asian countries, who have low levels of crime rates compared to Arabs or Africans.

He's completely ignoring that a lot of men visit Thai massage parlors in hope to get a happy ending or do ask for it there. Why would they do that? Because Thai women are stereotyped as prostitutes.

- - - Updated - - -

No country goes further than 7% as identifying as European, the vast majority put nationality first. Too bad it didn't ask about ethnicity.
    You know that the only position that supports yours is the purple one, right? Because the Green, yellow and blue all contain the identity European. Yes it might not be the primary or the sole indentity of people but it's there still nonetheless.

Not all men are violent, but you only need to bump into one violent man to have your life ruined. Fearing men is absolutely rational. It's self-defense. Violent men don't come with "asshole" written in their forehead.
    Not all women lie about being harassed/assaulted/raped, but you only need to bump into one lying bitch to have your life ruined. Fearing women is absolutely rational. It's self-defense. Lying women don't come with "bitch" written on their forehead.

See what I did there?
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

You know that the only position that supports yours is the purple one, right? Because the Green, yellow and blue all contain the identity European. Yes it might not be the primary or the sole indentity of people but it's there still nonetheless.
    It's bullshit to try to push European as an identity because people first and foremost identify with their nationality, which this shows. The survey is lackluster either way. It doesn't include ethnicity. I know for a fact that a lot of people identify more with ethnicity than nationality, especially minorities in countries, like us Russians here in Estonia.

You are forgetting to cross the ethnicity data with the sex data. If you do that, you'll find that Women of any ethnicity are less likely to be violent than white men. Also, I'm still waiting to see the data you claim to have. You two are the ones claiming that white people are less prone to violence than other ethnicities, not me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    No, it's the same exact conclusion.

If you are a woman and can be afraid of men because there is data to support that you should fear for your life, the same exact data supports a fear of black people.

You are discriminatory against men. Whether or not that is right is up to the eye of the beholder.
    How well did you do in science when it came to analytics?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I haven't had any men get violent with me (outside of professional settings of course). I have had a random guy get super mad and yell at me for like casually turning him down. I wouldn't be so much afraid of guys getting physical, because I can destroy almost any guy in a physical confrontation, but I am still occasionally wary of guys. I've been drugged at a club before, and fortunately, I was with a bunch of friends who knew something had happened and got me home. There's also the constant threat of weaboo dudes finding out I'm technically Japanese and just annoying me to death.

I actually did fear for my life relatively recently. I've had stalkers twice in my life, the second was a year ago. The first time was in college and there was this literal little person who hung out across from my brownstone all day staring at my apartment (which was pretty ballsy as I lived across from a police station) and would say hello to me when I'd walk to the el or go out for a jog. One day he asked me (completely with no lead-up) if we could go out on a date and I said no as I had a boyfriend. The next time he saw me he flew into a rage, saying that I was lying about the boyfriend and then tried following me in his car (he had some convertible with adjusted pedals). He actually drove onto the sidewalk and tried running me over. Obviously he could have done so if he really tried but I freaked out and ran into the closest store (he had been following me about a quarter of a mile at that point) and told the security guard what happened. Who rolled his eyes at me like "stupid white girl bitching about nothing". The cop who followed up had the same attitude, but when he called me back after they had talked to the guy he told me that the guy lived something like 50 miles away so his behavior was truly bizarre.

The other incident was a lawyer from Brooklyn who lived in my neighborhood who met me at the coffee shop, who would try to run into me as I would walk my dog/grab coffee. I didn't mind talking to him but it started to get weird when he'd text me that he was walking down my street and would take photos of my local street signs. I gave him my number because I thought he wanted to network initially.

Anyway, yeah there is a reason why women fear for their lives and I'm not exactly young or hot anymore, so I'm sure younger/hotter women worry. I was never the type to worry about such things but yet it still happened to me.

Oh also there were some homeless dudes on the el who threatened to kill me when one of them asked me out and I said I wasn't interested. Thankfully my boyfriend picked me up from the el stop.

I feel like I shared all of these stories before here so not much more to add than what has already been said.

You are forgetting to cross the ethnicity data with the sex data. If you do that, you'll find that Women of any ethnicity are less likely to be violent than white men. Also, I'm still waiting to see the data you claim to have. You two are the ones claiming that white people are less prone to violence than other ethnicities, not me.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764

About 58% of men convicted in Sweden of rape and attempted rape over the past five years were born abroad, according to data from Swedish national TV.

That doesn't even account for the second-gen immigrants, they're counted as Swedish in their data. You can with relative accuracy state that about 70% of rapes in Sweden are committed by people who are not ethnic Swedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Not all women lie about being harassed/assaulted/raped, but you only need to bump into one lying bitch to have your life ruined. Fearing women is absolutely rational. It's self-defense. Lying women don't come with "bitch" written on their forehead.

See what I did there?
    Yes, you did a pointless reversal that's not based on anything. It's word salad. False rape accusations are rare, and the rate of conviction for rape is low. In pretty much every country, rape is considered underreported. So you'll pretty much only be accused of rape if you rape.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45269764

About 58% of men convicted in Sweden of rape and attempted rape over the past five years were born abroad, according to data from Swedish national TV.

That doesn't even account for the second-gen immigrants, they're counted as Swedish in their data. You can with relative accuracy state that about 70% of rapes in Sweden are committed by people who are not ethnic Swedes.
    And how many of these rapists are men?

Don't get me wrong, I think islamic religion and it's theocratic culture is despicable. Much of it because it's treatment of women, LGBT people and other minorities. But you can't run from the fact that these are men raping, not women.
    Last edited by AngryTenko; 2019-05-14 at 12:00 AM.