Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are going to play party pooper again, aren't they? Not letting us have a THREE game 7 Sunday. Always the same with those guys.

How hated can a team be when tons of people will root for a dynasty...

Fuck CP and harden

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are just going to win it all again. They have brilliance when you need brilliance, they have grit when you need grit. Unbelievable how they managed this today, without KD, with no signs of Steph in the first half and just Klay playing out of his mind. Amazing performance.

Will be interesting to see the Finals match up, but I just don't see any one stopping the Warriors, even if KD misses time in the next round.

Not sure why POR-DEN and PHI-TOR game 7s are even happening. The NBA should just expedite the GSW vs. MIL Finals. No need for these Game 7s, no need for the ECF or WCF.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, I used to like Chris Paul. He was like, head of the NBA Players Association, you see him doing nice charitable things for his community like buying a school iPads, he's in the State Farm commercials.

But he's really a dick. He seems really mean and nasty lately.

On the eve of Friday's Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, (Steph) Curry wanted to get some shots up at the Toyota Center. The Warriors do-it-all manager Eric Housen booked the court, from 7 to 8 p.m., so Curry could work on his shot.

Somehow, Rockets guard Chris Paul got wind. He decided to go to the Toyota Center to get shots up, nixing Curry's reservations. The Warriors' point guard offered to stick to half a court but Paul wasn't having it. Curry was kicked off the Toyota Center court.

Source
    I really don't like Chris Paul anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Not sure why POR-DEN and PHI-TOR game 7s are even happening. The NBA should just expedite the GSW vs. MIL Finals. No need for these Game 7s, no need for the ECF or WCF.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, I used to like Chris Paul. He was like, head of the NBA Players Association, you see him doing nice charitable things for his community like buying a school iPads, he's in the State Farm commercials.

But he's really a dick. He seems really mean and nasty lately.

I really don't like Chris Paul anymore.
    Eh, Chris Paul being an ultra competitive dick is nothing new. He was this same exact way with the Clippers, except then he rarely made it to the playoffs.

In other news, the Lakers are signing Frank Vogel to be the new HC of the team. Jason Kidd will be one of his assistants. I don't know the guy, but Twitter seems to be not so quietly amused by this development. We'll see how it goes for them.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even sure why game 7 is happening either, but after some brutal missed calls by the officials in game 6 (and a couple of other games this series as well), I'm not liking how things are shaping up for the Raptors. The bench needs to get it's collective shit together and start being useless. VanVleet has been trash this series but was ridiculous last year. Doesn't help that OG is out for at least another week so we are running short of one of our better players.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a shame if both these anticipated Game 7's end in blow outs. Come on Blazers, at least make it close.

- - - Updated - - -

Good on the Blazers. Coming from 17 down to win a game 7 is really really impressive. I wish them luck in the Western Finals, even if I highly suspect that it won't be a long series against the GSW.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO these refs, what a god damn dumpster fire. Fuck off NBA with your biased officiating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kawhi man. Unbelievable, even if he needed like 15 bounces on the rim to get it to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Kawhi man. Unbelievable, even if he needed like 15 bounces on the rim to get it to drop.
    Ya--he just played out of his mind all series. Jordan-esque. Basically, Kawhi beat the Sixers 4-3. And I think that's the first time I've seen him show any emotion. He's like the damn terminator out there.

I hope the CFs are as interesting as these series were, but it's not looking good right now.
    Last edited by Espo; 2019-05-13 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely the greatest buzzer beater i've ever seen

both of those games were fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    Why I gotta work on a Sunday? Both teams I wanted to win did, both in amazing fashion.

Also I believe that puts us with Curry v. Curry in the West, and Gasol v. Gasol in the East.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2019-05-13 at 04:42 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Why I gotta work on a Sunday? Both teams I wanted to win did, both in amazing fashion.

Also I believe that puts us with Curry v. Curry in the West, and Gasol v. Gasol in the East.
    Pau is out for the rest of the playoffs.

I was watching Game of Thrones last night so I missed the 4th quarter of TOR-PHI. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure whether to still be bitter over how Kawhi left or to admire his greatness and hope he can go all the way. I suspect GS wouldnt let that happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'm not sure whether to still be bitter over how Kawhi left or to admire his greatness and hope he can go all the way. I suspect GS wouldnt let that happen though.
    I don't think GS will get the chance. Pretty sure Giannis won't let that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Michigan University Basketball coach John Beilein signed a 5 year deal with the Cavs to be their HC. Love the guy, but that's going to ruin the Michigan basketball program AND not do jackshit for the Cavs, cause they have incredibly poor ownership and management.

I wish him the best but that's a damn shame.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully OG Anunobi will be back for the ECF, he was slated to be out a month and it's been almost that. I hope they give a status update on him before the series starts on Wednesday, it would certainly help our bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    He didn't "leave", he got traded. And he got traded to an organization that was understanding of his past injuries and didn't force him to play if he wasn't ready to go. Looks like in hindsight, the Raptors management and medical staff made the right move by having him play half the season because he's been ready for the playoffs while other guys look tired. You sound like Skip Bayless, though not nearly as salty as that old bastard is. If there's one dumpster fire that's worth laughing at on Twitter, it's Skip. I think the Spurs ownership and fans alike could learn a thing or two about respecting star players and their injuries, rather than calling them quitters and bashing them on social media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Hopefully OG Anunobi will be back for the ECF, he was slated to be out a month and it's been almost that. I hope they give a status update on him before the series starts on Wednesday, it would certainly help our bench.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't "leave", he got traded. And he got traded to an organization that was understanding of his past injuries and didn't force him to play if he wasn't ready to go. Looks like in hindsight, the Raptors management and medical staff made the right move by having him play half the season because he's been ready for the playoffs while other guys look tired. You sound like Skip Bayless, though not nearly as salty as that old bastard is. If there's one dumpster fire that's worth laughing at on Twitter, it's Skip. I think the Spurs ownership and fans alike could learn a thing or two about respecting star players and their injuries, rather than calling them quitters and bashing them on social media.
    He got traded because he didn't want to play because of how he felt about his injuries, which Pop and the Spurs did their damnedest to accommodate. But i don't feel like rehashing this when its clear you equivocate anyone that might be even a little ambivalent as "you sound like Skip".

I'm happy with Demar, and with Pop's extension He'll be able to do as he always does. I trust he can continue to find great people to play and potentially turn into all stars up until he decides he wants to retire. White also seems to proivide flashes of awesomeness. I'll miss LMA because he's a longhorn, but i think it'll be the right thing to do if he goes to Portland when everything is said and done liek whats being thrown around in Spursland.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2019-05-14 at 01:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonight is Draft Lottery for the NBA, which means the little pingpong balls are getting drawn today and will be revealed tonight. It's on ESPN at 8:30 (just before Blazers-GSW is on).

Interesting article on ESPN with some broad strokes about what's happening for the teams in the lottery: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...-lottery-years

Celtics specific article BUT it has some of the most awesome graphics about the lottery that you will see, usuable for any team: https://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sid...aft-lottery-qa

Like this:

- - - Updated - - -

40 min of interviews and nonsense, and still not a single announced lottery pick. Come ONNNNNNNNN.

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY SHIT, THIS LOTTERY PAID OFF, OMG