Page 1 of 2
LastLast

John Durham appointed to investigate spying

https://apnews.com/75e5c4efd5c74e6e9aa1ba0237a0e651

Attorney General William Barr has appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia investigation and determine if intelligence collection involving the Trump campaign was “lawful and appropriate,” a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press on Monday.

Barr appointed John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, to conduct the inquiry, the person said. The person could not discuss the matter publicly and spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity.

Durham was appointed by Trump for his position as U.S. attorney in Connecticut. Durham was unanimously confirmed by the Senate in 2018. At the time, Connecticut’s two Democratic senators, Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, called Durham a “fierce, fair prosecutor” who knows how to try tough cases.

I am sure this will change over the next few weeks as the democratic party tries to undermine him.

So anyone ready for republicans to waste money and find nothing... Mean while 48 million worth of asset seizer and Trump was forced to closed down his charity as well as pay fines. You guys should ask the democrats how to run an investigation.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Benghazi 2.0
    Putin khuliyo

Let me know if they find something. So far, every report has said it was lawful and appropriate. This reads to me as the president committing more obstruction, "How dare they investigate those crimes I committed!!" Daily reminder, the counter-int investigation into the president's dealings with russia is ongoing (not to mention the multiple criminal investigations that are still ongoing).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I am sure this will change over the next few weeks as the democratic party tries to undermine him.
    Quoted for Irony.

But, for reals, I don't think this will go the way Trump and Friends think it'll go, in that it'll end like the Voter Fraud commission or that half-hearted investigation Nunes started and didn't finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Let me know if they find something. So far, every report has said it was lawful and appropriate. This reads to me as the president committing more obstruction, "How dare they investigate those crimes I committed!!" Daily reminder, the counter-int investigation into the president's dealings with russia is ongoing (not to mention the multiple criminal investigations that are still ongoing).
    Can barr interfere with those investigations?

Ok, waste the rest of the administration on another benghazi. Next president will overturn the tax cuts quickly, repair the US relationships to our allies, and it'll be like Trump's presidency never existed. Fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Can barr interfere with those investigations?
    He's the AG, so sorta. He'd have to do it with the knowledge that he'll have to justify that interference, or it would just add to both his and the president's legal problems. Whistle blower protections are there for a reason. He'd have to interfere in multiple jurisdictions to do so, and the likelihood it'd remain under wraps are near zero.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    repair the US relationships to our allies
    That's not going to be fixed for a long, long time. Trump is the figurehead of all those broken promises and alliances, but the rest of the world won't forget that it took a decently-sized minority of Americans to vote him into office in the first place. For all their faults, Bill Clinton and Obama both did a lot of good in terms of foreign relations, but it's going to take a succession of their like to start to patch things up, if it's even possible.

As far as the OP goes: "I am sure this will change over the next few weeks as the democratic party tries to undermine him" is the most lol-worthy comment I've seen from a Trumptard in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    So anyone ready for republicans to waste money and find nothing... Mean while 48 million worth of asset seizer and Trump was forced to closed down his charity as well as pay fines. You guys should ask the democrats how to run an investigation.
    How much did the Democrats spend investigating Trump for 2 years, and what was Trump charged with? Thanks pot.

How much did the Democrats spend investigating Trump for 2 years, and what was Trump charged with? Thanks pot.
    Less than what they seized. After asset liquidation the investigation will have made money. You're welcome, dolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    That's not going to be fixed for a long, long time. Trump is the figurehead of all those broken promises and alliances, but the rest of the world won't forget that it took a decently-sized minority of Americans to vote him into office in the first place. For all their faults, Bill Clinton and Obama both did a lot of good in terms of foreign relations, but it's going to take a succession of their like to start to patch things up, if it's even possible.

As far as the OP goes: "I am sure this will change over the next few weeks as the democratic party tries to undermine him" is the most lol-worthy comment I've seen from a Trumptard in ages.
    I noticed , as usual, people ignore what George W Bush did. And I see how well your knowledge is based on the fact that you use the word Trumptard, because that's a rational way to have a discussion. But why be rational when you only sing the praises of the democrat party.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    For all their faults
    you only sing the praises of the democrat party
    Try again, Trumptard.

The Mueller investigation was in the black, not the red. You know, because they got all that money from the witches they found.

It cost 35 million but siezed 48 million in assets. You guys should definitely call them for tips. The investigation got convcitions and paid for itself. How did those hillary investigation go though? I mean nobody in jail and money down the drain yikes. What a bad hill to die on but shilling is your thing and I won't get in your way.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-05-14 at 02:54 AM.

Read the mueller report. Trump couldn't be charged with anything because of DoJ policy. The mueller report specifically says that the facts of the case, and the legal standard involved, wouldn't allow them to say trump shouldn't be prosecuted, while at the same time, DoJ policy wouldn't allow them to indict trump. They're also not done investigating him.

Again, your dishonesty doesn't really reflect well upon you.

Tmw you post on a forum that isn't the r/donald, r/conservative, or r/republican and get btfo in the first 5 post. I guess he needs to run back to his circle jerk on pol or reddit XD. Can't ban wrong think here apparently or discenting opinions must suck to deal with reality.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-05-14 at 03:01 AM.

well mueller recouped more money then the investigation cost, but i'm sure you ignore that little fact and you damn well know the circumstances on why he didn't get charged, you know the whole sitting president precedent

10+ Year Old Account
    But I thought they just want to drop the whole thing?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Democrats spent nothing investigating Trump and friends.

The Republicans spent ~$25 million investigating Trump and friends. The money was recouped by asset forfeiture. Its one of the rare instances of GOP not wasting taxpayer money.