Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Full Tower Recommendation

Currently I am using S340 Elite Nzxt, however it's too small I actually had to push in the front glass to be able to close it with the Gpu connected. The problem really is the Gpu in there is too big. I have been looking at LIAN LI PC-O11 air but not sure.

Budget under 300

Current components
    I9 9900k
    RTX 2080 ti evga FTW3 ultra
    1tb m.2 nvme
    H100i pro
    Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
    2x8 3000mhz ram

I know this is classified as a mid tower but its a lot bigger than a s340 elite (thats the case i have)
    https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hXf...-cc-9011116-ww

Its dark tinted glass which looks really good with lights shining through, plus having a hinged door is really handy.

Currently I am using S340 Elite Nzxt
    My uncle had a tower like this.
    Awesome thing.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    I considered this one, but I won't be water cooling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    It still has superb air flow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmYcKg0x4bw
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Yeah, the airflow in this is even better than the Air version (the filters are way too restrictive); plus, you're technically watercooling with the Corsair AIO

If i ever buy this case, i'm just gonna use double AIO (one for CPU, one for GPU) because it's so easy to set up and to mask the GPU ugliness you just need to 3d print a bracket.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, the airflow in this is even better than the Air version (the filters are way too restrictive); plus, you're technically watercooling with the Corsair AIO

If i ever buy this case, i'm just gonna use double AIO (one for CPU, one for GPU) because it's so easy to set up and to mask the GPU ugliness you just need to 3d print a bracket.
    I appreciate the responce, any good reference point where I can get started on that? I didnt even know you could use a hi150 on a GPu

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the responce, any good reference point where I can get started on that? I didnt even know you could use a hi150 on a GPu
    You'd need some mounting hardware, like the Kraken G12, or some custom stuff.

Depending on the GPU, you can buy the NZXT G12 that is basically a simple bracket fitting a number of AIOs present in the market, including Corsair ones. It's not really "beautiful" to see, especially in a vertical setup, but it's fine in standard horizontal GPU orientation. Very easy to mount (given you have no issues in disassembling a GPU); though you may want to also buy a set of small heatsinks for memory/VRM as they're not provided for the bracket and though not mandatory they're a good choice given also they have a very low price.

As for performance, it's great. You're putting a dedicated AIO on the GPU so it's a no-brainer - though you can reach a similar performance with aftermarket air coolers like the Accelero 3 or the Raijintek Morpheus 2 (i own this and it's awesome) and you can apply the same reasoning in choosing a beefy CPU air cooler compared to an AIO.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    It still has superb air flow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmYcKg0x4bw
    Love this case, hate the cable management in the back. You can organize it, and there isn't a glass panel on that side so you dont have to worry much about how the cables look, but the way it actually works is frustrating. Its difficult to keep your cables clean in the back.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Love this case, hate the cable management in the back. You can organize it, and there isn't a glass panel on that side so you dont have to worry much about how the cables look, but the way it actually works is frustrating. Its difficult to keep your cables clean in the back.
    I have the "predecessor" non-dynamic.. Yeah, it's a bit annoying. Especially if you use cable extenders for looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a corsair 540 or whatever it is called and it works great with a 2080 ti with front fans. its not a full tower but a nice case if you replace all the stock fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I have the "predecessor" non-dynamic.. Yeah, it's a bit annoying. Especially if you use cable extenders for looks.
    Im using custom cables that are a little bit longer and its awful. Theres just no good place to tie them down and I have to basically force the back beam into place and screw it on. I'd buy something different but I love everything else about the case.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

10+ Year Old Account
    Im using custom cables that are a little bit longer and its awful. Theres just no good place to tie them down and I have to basically force the back beam into place and screw it on. I'd buy something different but I love everything else about the case.
    Oh yeah, aside from cable management it's a gorgeous case. I'm probably only going to replace mine if I go with a 1 tower 2 pc build at some point

15+ Year Old Account
    Just have enough zip ties But yeah the cable management is NOT good in this case, but the looks of the finish build in the case makes up for the cable management in the back

Hey guys so I ended up going with PC 011 Air, I took off the vertical mount because it did not fit my GPU without heavily modding it and I just did not like how it sagged.

Sorry about the shitty glare, I can post other pictures once it gets darker if anyone cares. Still a lot of things I want to change but I need to save up some before I keep spending. (click on pic for more angles)
    Last edited by cerebro; 2019-06-16 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys so I ended up going with PC 011 Air, I took off the vertical mount because it did not fit my GPU without heavily modding it and I just did not like how it sagged.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/DAigYV0.jpg[IMG]

Sorry about the shitty glare, I can post other pictures once it gets darker if anyone cares. Still a lot of things I want to change but I need to save up some before I keep spending. (click on pic for more angles)
    Black and red.. The most generic of "gamer" colour combinations.
    Looks nice though

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Black and red.. The most generic of "gamer" colour combinations.
    Looks nice though
    Classic compliment with a back hand insult.
    Last edited by cerebro; 2019-06-16 at 07:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Looks good, but why did you go for the air version, when the non air version has better air flow?