Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why exactly US conservatives are against sexual education ?

This is obviously a loaded question, but US conservatives

A)Don't like abortion

Fortunately, there are way to control unwanted pregnancies but….

B)Don't like contraception (blame this on Onan, on a story that is way more about trying to preserve your share of the heirloom than contraception)

Okay, so both A and B are not good because the Bible says so, but WHY be against sex education ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly religion.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

A)Don't like abortion

B)Don't like contraception (blame this on Onan, on a story that is way more about trying to preserve your share of the heirloom than contraception)

Okay, so both A and B are not good because the Bible says so, but WHY be against sex education ?
    Conservatives don't like any kind of education.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

That's a genuine question. If your religion is against terminating pregnancies (okay) and is against contraception (an extremely dubious proposition, considering the widespread existence of ''natural'' contraception copiously shown on Christian religious art, such as nursing), why be also against cheap and efficient education that lowers the occurrence of those sins ?

I'll be honest, I dont personally know any conservatives that are against birth control. Im sure there are those out there but i have to believe that they are the older generation and are against it for "purity" reason. Never met one in real life and i know a lot of conservatives. I have to imagine they fear that if they talk about it, maybe younger kids will be more inclined to do it? I had a sex ed seminar in 5th, 7th, and 9th grade and then a really in depth biology class in 10th. You might be confused about other "sex ed" classes though. Like I understand why conservatives are against teaching elementary kids about trans people and pedophilia.

People who are politically right are scientifically proven more afraid of the world around them, so they want to avoid change as much as possible. They're just sad cookies.

https://translate.google.nl/translat...e-kleur%2F5675

15+ Year Old Account

A)Don't like abortion

Heya Sara,

To be clear, the bible does not speak against contraception at all. This has been taken out of context by the Catholic church. The sin committed was due to the brother not giving his sister in law who became his wife when his brother died, children as is Jewish tradition at that time. To carry on his brother's line he was supposed to impregnate his new wife. Instead he "spilled his seed on the ground". This has been viewed as a sin by foolish people for the wrong reasons. I have even heard this being used as an example saying it is wrong to masturbate lol. Both are wrong!

As a conservative I am not against sex education and neither is anyone I know. The only controversy is when they want to teach kids in 2nd grade and younger.

Sex education is very important.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Less sex ed means more people have kids in a situation where the kids cant get a good education either which means they get more voters down the line.
    But mostly religion; playing towards idiots who think they have their terrible interests at heart.

Because it breeds more dumb conservatives to vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Heya Sara,

To be clear, the bible does not speak against contraception at all. This has been taken out of context by the Catholic church. The sin committed was due to the brother not giving his sister in law who became his wife when his brother died, children as is Jewish tradition at that time. To carry on his brother's line he was supposed to impregnate his new wife. Instead he "spilled his seed on the ground". This has been viewed as a sin by foolish people for the wrong reasons. I have even heard this being used as an example saying it is wrong to masturbate lol. Both are wrong!

As a conservative I am not against sex education and neither is anyone I know. The only controversy is when they want to teach kids in 2nd grade and younger.

Sex education is very important.
    Yes, this is what I meant with Onanism not being really against contraception (Onanism IS a French euphemism for ''touching yourself'')

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

A)Don't like abortion

The reasoning comes from an irrational place - there is no sound argument against sexual education. It's yet another reason the GOP voters continue to vote against their own interests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Oh, and this too. It's no wonder the GOP cuts education more and more every year.

Saying all conservatives are against sexual education is a broad sweeping generalization. My guess is a few conservatives are against sex ed but not many.

There's always a discussion about what age of students should be taught sex ed.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Saying all conservatives are against sexual education is a broad sweeping generalization.
    Conservatives are boring in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    They then combine that with the reich wing platform of anti-intellectualism. Only way they can keep their voting base intact, brainwashed and stupid, it's the republican bread and butter.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

10+ Year Old Account

A)Don't like abortion

Probably shouldn't reference the Bible, or any other book for that matter, if you dont know what it actually says, but your programmer should know that already. I know it has been asked before, but you never have bothered to answer. Why is it you seem to let US conservatives live rent free in your head?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    They then combine that with the reich wing platform of anti-intellectualism. Only way they can keep their voting base intact, brainwashed and stupid, it's the republican bread and butter.
    Brainwashed? When 90% of the media is left wing...gotcha.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Most schooling leans left as well...

Media wasn't mentioned anywhere kiddo, so nice job of projecting and lack of critical thought. But then again, conservatism has been linked to lower cognitive ability..

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    False. Most schooling is neutral. People who claim it leans left are just mad at reality.
    I love the screeches of "Schools are liberal indoctrination centers" that obviously come from people who have never set foot on a university campus. In all my time getting my masters I never had a single professor inject any sense of political bias (right or left), but then again it was a STEM field. And that was in a red state too.
    Last edited by Worvon; 2019-05-15 at 09:24 PM.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

A)Don't like abortion

American politics have nothing to do with actual principle or policy. Since the 80s the only thing that matters is keeping your base whipped into a frenzy to keep money flowing.

What white nationalists (republican) have against sexual education?

The "education" part.

A)Don't like abortion