Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well, it's one of the few ways how they could sell this as "not garrosh 2.0", because the other option is to either kill her or let her limp away. The first seems unlikely because of the fanbois (and frankly is just garrosh 2.0 without the stupid trial), the second requires some fantastic nonsense when it comes to seperating her from the forsaken. She also has literally nowhere to go and regroup.
    she has most of the horde people still backing her.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    There is no Alliance story worth telling through cinematics this expansion.

What the hell do you want? Anduin looking at papers, Genn talking to his wife, Tyrande killing Orcs (again?)

Don't force story drama for both sides.
    Yes. 100%. I don't even like Tyrande and I would love to have gotten a cinematic with her and Maiev firmly retaking Darkshore.

10+ Year Old Account

Saurfang says he " followed them " in reference to the Forsaken assassin 's ... even if Sylvanas believed that THrall could potentially return against her , how would a pre - emptive strike against him help her cause ?

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    (VIDEO LINK)

Saurfang says he " followed them " in reference to the Forsaken assassin 's ... even if Sylvanas believed that THrall could potentially return against her , how would a pre - emptive strike against him help her cause ?
    She kills him... takes the body away...? Or even rises him as forsaken and keeps him in some sort of dungeon or whatever? It's not like they could hire forensics there to find out what happened to Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post

He was lying to get Thrall into battle. The assassin's attacked him first and didn't lay a hand on Thrall until he attacked them. THe assassin's followed him.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    He was lying to get Thrall into battle. The assassin's attacked him first and didn't lay a hand on Thrall until he attacked them. THe assassin's followed him.
    I actually wonder if this is where they're going with this. He manipulated Thrall and Sylvanas will call that out.

I can see both versions being plausible (Sylvanas trying to kill Thrall before he can rebel, Saurfang lying to get him on his side).

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    She kills him... takes the body away...? Or even rises him as forsaken and keeps him in some sort of dungeon or whatever? It's not like they could hire forensics there to find out what happened to Thrall.
    Uh, they can always ask the spirits roaming around there. Or the elements. His wife is a shaman, do you really think she'd not find out what happened? And if she gets killed too that opens a whole other can of worms with all the shaman still residing there and also starting to ask questions.

They may not have forensics, but they have magic and Thrall and Aggra are sure important enough figures to warrant some of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Something smells fishy about that Video... There is no logical reason to preform an assassination attempt on Thrall. All that would do is rally more of the horde against her by killing their beloved former leader. The horde is pretty fractured now but most of them can say Thrall was a good leader, and liked him. Killing him would only alienate everyone except Sylvanas' most loyal. He was retired, and after becoming unworthy of doomhammer, and the elements no longer heading his call it was highly unlikely he would've tried to come back for the throne. So he was not a threat. So I'm not sure what's going on but that's not something Sylvanas would've done. She's a lot of things but she's not stupid, nor suicidal. Turning the whole horde against her would be suicidal. Over-all good video. I hope there is something going on and it's not just bad writing. CGI was amazing, and voice acting good. Nice to hear from Metzen again. Also cool to note that canon wise we still have access to outland.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

I'm sure the goal was not to plant a horde or UC flag in his ass after killing him, the assassins were also completely covered, so it wasn't clear who they actually were. Even the elements have been shown to not know everything just at a glance.

While it could be a ruse from Saurfang, Thrall certainly was attacked as well and attacking a guy in armor first doesn't sound like the worst of ideas when going into a fight. Deducing that it was indeed a ruse from that is flimsy at best, not to mention they clearly hinted that they came from the direction of Saurfang and he clearly intercepted them. The one that attacked Thrall had to go around and I doubt they can give one another alot of signals while stealthed. We will know once we get a few more quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the goal was not to plant a horde or UC flag in his ass after killing him, the assassins were also completely covered, so it wasn't clear who they actually were. Even the elements have been shown to not know everything just at a glance.

While it could be a ruse from Saurfang, Thrall certainly was attacked as well and attacking a guy in armor first doesn't sound like the worst of ideas when going into a fight. Deducing that it was indeed a ruse from that is flimsy at best, not to mention they clearly hinted that they came from the direction of Saurfang and he clearly intercepted them. The one that attacked Thrall had to go around and I doubt they can give one another alot of signals while stealthed. We will know once we get a few more quests.
    Uh no... in an actual fight you focus on the least protected/most vulnerable target. Especially if you're an assassin. Killing thrall has absolutely no benefit with WAY too high of risk of it backfiring. It could've been a convenient lie spur of the moment from Saurfang. Or maybe these were rogue agents that think they're helping the banshee queen by eliminating her "competition". But I cannot imagine her actually ordering that. I think the old gods is just to split the factions so they fight among themselves so they can't fight them. I am like 90% certain that the supposed after-life Sylvanas saw was just a lie by the old gods. Those undead could've been twilight cultists. The twilight cult accepts all races into it's membership. And sending a couple of undead rogues to try and take out Thrall would exacerbate the horde's internal fracturing. IF Sylvanas wanted Thrall dead she wouldn't make a scene with assassins. She would've had some rogues poison his food or drink so it looked like natural causes. Versus stab wounds from undead made weapons. The whole thing is way too obvious and feels like a set up. But I don't think Saurfang was the one who arranged the set up.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I actually wonder if this is where they're going with this. He manipulated Thrall and Sylvanas will call that out.

I can see both versions being plausible (Sylvanas trying to kill Thrall before he can rebel, Saurfang lying to get him on his side).
    Maybe it is ultamite plan to take the horde for himself. He hates Slyvannas, I bet he despises Thrall for turninghis back, What better way to take leadership is to bring Thrall back, have him die attempting a coup of the Horde at Sylvannas' hands, then returning the favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    Uh no... in an actual fight you focus on the least protected/most vulnerable target. Especially if you're an assassin. Killing thrall has absolutely no benefit with WAY too high of risk of it backfiring. It could've been a convenient lie spur of the moment from Saurfang. Or maybe these were rogue agents that think they're helping the banshee queen by eliminating her "competition". But I cannot imagine her actually ordering that. I think the old gods is just to split the factions so they fight among themselves so they can't fight them. I am like 90% certain that the supposed after-life Sylvanas saw was just a lie by the old gods. Those undead could've been twilight cultists. The twilight cult accepts all races into it's membership. And sending a couple of undead rogues to try and take out Thrall would exacerbate the horde's internal fracturing. IF Sylvanas wanted Thrall dead she wouldn't make a scene with assassins. She would've had some rogues poison his food or drink so it looked like natural causes. Versus stab wounds from undead made weapons. The whole thing is way too obvious and feels like a set up. But I don't think Saurfang was the one who arranged the set up.
    Surfang could have been attacked first to keep Thrall's attention on that skirmish while the other got Thrall from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Maybe it is ultamite plan to take the horde for himself. He hates Slyvannas, I bet he despises Thrall for turninghis back, What better way to take leadership is to bring Thrall back, have him die attempting a coup of the Horde at Sylvannas' hands, then returning the favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Surfang could have been attacked first to keep Thrall's attention on that skirmish while the other got Thrall from behind.
    Or they were simply sent to watch Thrall to see if Saurfang showed up with the intent of killing Saurfang.
    Escaped prisoner, who wouldn’t send agents to watch known affiliates to see if the person on the lam is looking for allies or even just a safe haven?
    Him following them could easily have been just getting wind that they were supposed to go to where Thrall was and have no idea why, but just jump to conclusions that they were sent to do something to Thrall.
    Also a little odd that he spent time talking to Thrall with calm banter about returning to fight the Horde instead of something like “Thrall! There are assassins nearby sent by Sylvanas!” You know, the most logical opening phrase if you are concerned someone is about to be killed after following the people sent to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Or they were simply sent to watch Thrall to see if Saurfang showed up with the intent of killing Saurfang.
    Escaped prisoner, who wouldn’t send agents to watch known affiliates to see if the person on the lam is looking for allies or even just a safe haven?
    Him following them could easily have been just getting wind that they were supposed to go to where Thrall was and have no idea why, but just jump to conclusions that they were sent to do something to Thrall.
    Also a little odd that he spent time talking to Thrall with calm banter about returning to fight the Horde instead of something like “Thrall! There are assassins nearby sent by Sylvanas!” You know, the most logical opening phrase if you are concerned someone is about to be killed after following the people sent to do it.
    If they were sent to watch Thrall how would Surafang have know considering they were invisible?

Look, I'm just paying devils advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Why would they wait until he get Thrall to attack him then? Or wait until after he left since it didn't seem like Thrall was interested. Those two didn't rogue very good.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    If they were sent to watch Thrall how would Surafang have know considering they were invisible?

Look, I'm just paying devils advocate.
    Eh, that plays into the how would Saurfang have followed them at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I thought the same thing.

You go for the biggest threat first. Especially in a surprise attack. Normally someone like Saurfang should carry at least a weapon, no idea why Blizzard choose to turn this into some grudge match for some reason.

I already pointed out that no matter how you look at it, only sending 2 mangled forsaken is a piss poor idea. Even if we talk about just killing Saurfang, actually sending one or two full squads at least would be a sound idea. Unless you use a high powered sniper rifle there is no way sending 2 melee fighters anywhere, even with lol--stealth, will actually yield decent results in a consistent fashion. All you do is gamble and make your target more wary if you fail, though I guess you could argue that Saurfang knows he is a target anyway.

Killing Thrall does have a rather high pay-off if you do it properly. There is probably more than one person that would want the founder of the Horde back. It's not like there is any question after the nelf genocide that Sylvanas is evil. All the leaders also saw what she did with Baine and how she broke her own "codex" of giving the risen forsaken a choice. Unrestis already spreading throughout the Horde. Quelling potential fires is before they start is a somewhat wise idea. It's at least not completely indefensible when you let morals aside. The assassins certainly went for Thrall as well either way. No matter how you turn it, it's badly executed and in line with all the other non-sensical stragies we've seen ingame since BfA.

As for poison, he is a shaman after all. He might survive that or recognize any poison that is too strong (like the shit sylvanas uses). Blizzard is also hardly known for being subtle in their writing.. the opposite actually. The only surprises Blizzard knows how to pull of is flat out ass-pulls. Expecting some convoluted set up here that makes poor sylvanas look bad seems to be more than foolish. Let's also not forget that this cinematic relyed heavily on style over substance if you remember the part about Saurfang running around unarmed. Draenor is not some happy-go-lucky amusement park, even for a veteran orc warrior. Running around unarmed is just stupid and was used to show how badass our two orcs are that they kill scrawny forsaken assassins with their bare hands.

Again we will see what ingame events will reflect of this cinematic. Until then we can only go by what we see and know about the writers.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-05-16 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You go for the biggest threat first.

Uh... no? You kill the weakest/easiest first. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE AN ASSASSIN. You can deal with the bigger threat easier if you don't have distractions like a more minor threat.

Edit, as for only sending 2. I can't believe it was a real assassination attempt. More like old gods making it look like one.

Uh... no? You kill the weakest/easiest first. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE AN ASSASSIN. You can deal with the bigger threat easier if you don't have distractions like a more minor threat.

Edit, as for only sending 2. I can't believe it was a real assassination attempt. More like old gods making it look like one.
    That's a tactic you use in open combat, not in assassinations. You kill the biggest thread first, preferably in one hit during your moment of surprise. Killing the weakest target first just means you have to fight the strongest opponent in open combat where you are usally at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Why would they wait until he get Thrall to attack him then? Or wait until after he left since it didn't seem like Thrall was interested. Those two didn't rogue very good.
    IT depends on how far behind they were. If they just arrived when they attacked makes all the sense in the world. Once they get there they attack.