Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    1) we doubt that because you easily could have just linked your old post to begin with, so you made this just to wag your epeen around

2) there is reaching to connect obscure dots, and then there is reaching the long way from LA to NYC. this would qualify as the second.
    Was waiting for your response. Regardless, I have to repost the content in here so I don't see any issue like you're making a big deal about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That you can see patterns does not mean that there actually are intentional patterns. It looks like a jumbled mess because it is a jumbled mess.
    Oh new Hearstone solo content is entitled Dalaran Heist, and one of the goblin looks like Iron Man.

- - - Updated - - -

Dalaran Heist check
    WoW Collector' Edition and contents check
    Everything is running smoothly and on schedule.
    Now let's get back to ominous discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

After all Hour of Twilight = Entropy.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-15 at 04:56 PM.

There's a rumor/leak going around that next expansion has us traveling back in time to Ancient Kalimdor.

What are the odds that they're going to make the WoW story a timeloop, with the Dragon Soul actually being the Heart of Azeroth that we left in the past?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    There's a rumor/leak going around that next expansion has us traveling back in time to Ancient Kalimdor.

What are the odds that they're going to make the WoW story a timeloop, with the Dragon Soul actually being the Heart of Azeroth that we left in the past?
    I made this post way before BfA.

I will post in the general section later and my clue is. The other portal in Azeroth.

When I was making posts, crazy and incoherent posts to others, I was gathering evidences and breadcrumbs while I was doing research for my thesis about my WoW lore proposition. I was able to make sense of everything. I WAS ready for others to redicule me but I understood that they do so because they haven't seen what I've seen. It is only a matter of time.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-15 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post

Zero. They don't even look similar, and the Dragon Soul was created by the (original) Aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Oh new Hearstone solo content is entitled Dalaran Heist, and one of the goblin looks like Iron Man.
    Your point being? Blizzard does references all the time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bread crumbs, cookies.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another covert article you might entirely missed out:

The End Time Quest lines:
    Nozdormu, the bronze Aspect, has asked for help from the champions of the Alliance. You are on his short list. I can share few other details.

It is uncharacteristic of my master to request the assistance of mortals, but I suppose that all things change with time... even the Aspect of Time himself.

He awaits you at the End Time, in the distant future.
    I can help you to travel there, if you so choose.

Murozond quest lines:
    If we are to destroy Deathwing, we will need the power of the Dragon Soul. To obtain the Dragon Soul, I would have to take you back to the Sundering, ten thousand years in the past... but that time passage is blocked to me.

The creature that blocks us from accessing this time passage is named Murozond. He must be slain, here, in this twisted future, before we can continue our plot to unmake Deathwing.

This is why you were brought here, <name>.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=30101/...he-dragon-soul

Quest giver: Nozdormu
    Quest Location: Well of Eternity Instance
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-16 at 08:13 AM.

Here is another fun thing I've somewhat made sense of in the past:
    That's already been retconned anyway. Amanthul didn't empower Nozdormu plus I'm not sure where you're getting the "nzoth corrupts him into murzond" because I don't recall EVER seeing that stated. His "corruption" was always his own.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That's already been retconned anyway. Amanthul didn't empower Nozdormu plus I'm not sure where you're getting the "nzoth corrupts him into murzond" because I don't recall EVER seeing that stated. His "corruption" was always his own.
    Source where Amanthul never empowered Nozdormu? Or do you mind discrediting the empowering of the Dragon Aspect with a definitive source?

If Neltharion was pretty much vulnerable to N'Zoth corruption then who on Azeroth would cause Nozdormu's immentent madness?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think this fits into the theory I posted a while back with the new Dragon Aspects.

So establishing a few things:

What is the Hour of Twilight?
    The Hour of Twilight is the fulfillment of a chain of events instigated by the Old Gods many aeons ago. It is prophesied as the moment when the Old Gods will finally be freed from their ancient prisons, and will return to end all life on Azeroth.

The Dragon Aspects were created to stop such an event from occurring, where they would give their powers to prevent it. Using this to their advantage, the Old Gods corrupted Deathwing as a way to make their plan "foolproof", using one of the very aspects destined to stop the Hour of Twilight, to instead usher it.

Now some notes:
    - Empowered by the Titans, the Dragon Aspects were the only known counter to the Old Gods' Hour of Twilight
    - Dragon Aspect power is currently depleted.
    - In the End Times dungeon we see images of Sylvanas, Tyrande, Baine and Jaina. Very front and center lore figures right now. They were all at a different Dragonshrines.
    - We got a random Chromie scenario in Legion that didn't seem to fit with anything else. Further highlighted different Dragonshrines.
    - Dragon Isles are being teased right now with Island Expeditions quests.
    - Wrathion is out there somewhere. Heir to the Blackdragonflight... or at least we thought until we randomly met Ebonhorn in Highmountain.

How does it all tie together?
    - N'zoth's plan might have been to use Deathwing as a decoy to get all of the Dragon Aspects to lose their power.
    - He may have also behind the scenes helped the Legion to attack, knowing it would lead to the Pantheon being sealed away with Sargeras.
    - This means they cannot reempower the aspects.
    - Also many are now dead. Ysera died. Deathwing is dead. Others are MIA.
    - However, I think there will be a way to empower new Aspects, and these secrets will be discovered by Khadgar or on the Dragon Isles when we go there in 8.3 or 9.0.
    - With the Tarecgosa questline in Cata, we know it's possible for a non-dragon to become a dragon through a magic ritual.
    - I suspect the most powerful faction leaders will be elected as aspect candidates through negotiation with the factions and a series of trials.
    - Breaking down the Chronicles cosmic map, you can see areas of 'balance'.
    - The Four Elements / Reality - Black Dragonflight. The Earthwarden. This is the middle core center where all other powers manifest.
    - Light / Shadow - Emerald Dragonflight. Naaru and Void, Elune. The Dream and the Shadowlands.
    - Life / Death - Red Dragonflight. The power of life, and the power of death, as seen by the dragonfire used at the Wrathgate.
    - Order / Chaos - Blue Dragonflight. Magics. The ordering of each magic type, or the combination of all in the form of chaos (fel) magic.
    - Time - The Bronze and Infinite Dragonflight represent the circle around the entire map, encompassing all others.
    - Tyrande with her closeness to Elune, Ysera and Nature, and now as a Night Warrior, now reflects the Light and Shadow balance of the Emerald Dragonflight. She will be empowered to be the next Emerald Dragonflight Queen.
    - Sylvanas. Certainly a master of death, but in her Warbringer's episode, they were clear to highlight she was once a living hero, defender of her people. Potentially for a lot longer given elves live many years. I can see a scenario where her punishment from the alliance is actually to be FORCIBLY rezzed by the light to be living again. Would be interesting.
    - Baine. A clear candidate for the Earthwarden position. I think Thrall could be as well, but Baine was at the End Time and makes sense. His conflict will be to challenge Wrathion for the right to lead the flight.
    - Jaina. I think her main story arc is over after this expansion. They kept her alive though. And I think it's for this reason. I can see Kalecgos vouching for her, and they can go off into the sunset and bang as blue dragons.
    - Chromie - The obvious choice for the Bronze dragonflight. The trial to ascend her to the new Bronze Dragonflight aspect I think will involve the corrupted Nozdormu / Murazond reluctant to give up the title. We help her.

TLDR
    - N'Zoth will initiate the Hour of Twilight.
    - We will be like fuck... we don't have Dragon Aspects anymore.
    - Azeroth enters state of shadow, introducing expansion World of Warcraft: Rise of Shadows or WoW: Shadowfall. Black Empire rises from the depths.
    - Our goal is to return to the Dragon Isles and rediscover the old Titan magics that grant power to aspects.
    - We empower Tyrande, Jaina, Baine, Sylvanas and Chromie.
    - We kill N'Zoth and end Hour of Twilight / Black Empire in 9.3
    Titans didn't empower the aspects.

Aspects weren't created for the OGs, they were created due to their valor as added protection for Azeroth in general.

Not sure where people are getting all of this Nzoth/DW drama when DW was created by all of them and Nzoth simply sent him aid when he realized he was back in business.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can dig it, bewares of dragons!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Titans didn't empower the aspects.

Aspects weren't created for the OGs, they were created due to their valor as added protection for Azeroth in general.

Not sure where people are getting all of this Nzoth/DW drama when DW was created by all of them and Nzoth simply sent him aid when he realized he was back in business.
    You quoted someone's post and yet it clearly written : Empowered by the TITANS. Please do a reading assignment on the ordering of Azeroth, use chronicles vol.1 if it's your go to preference.

If you say they were gifted and honored as added protection from general threat, then what is that top priority threat if not a war against the old gods? Gnats? Flies? Locusts? Dragon flesh eating beings?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-06-12 at 05:11 PM.

Source where Amanthul never empowered Nozdormu? Or do you mind discrediting the empowering of the Dragon Aspect with a definitive source?

If Neltharion was pretty much vulnerable to N'Zoth corruption then who on Azeroth would cause Nozdormu's immentent madness?
    Chronicle. After Galakrond, the keepers empowered the aspects. This is what caused Odyn to ditch them because he thought HIS way(forcibly turning their own kind into Valkyr) was the better method. The other keepers empowered the aspects without him. The book states "they beseeched" or called upon, but that doesn't mean that it was the titans, but rather their own doing for a plethora of reasons. I mean even when you see her in Ulduar, Freya still calls upon Eonar to her aid and gets power yet....she wasn't around to empower her. There has never been any instance of the titans having that far reaching power to begin with. They were long gone from the planet when this happened and more than likely the Sargeras event happened simultaneously as much of the events in the book that occur within the same page areas occur around the same time.

The old lore was that the titans themselves did it before they left. That definitely wasn't a thing.

The dragon aspects being made for the HoT was completely unwritten by Chronicle as it wasn't the reason.

- - - Updated - - -

You quoted someone's post and yet it clearly written : Empowered by the TITANS. Please do a reading assignment on the ordering of Azeroth, use chronicles vol.1 if it's your go to preference.

If you say they were gifted and honored as added protection from general threat, then what is that top priority threat of not a war against the old gods? Gnats? Flies? Locusts? Dragon flesh eating beings?
    Galakrond was considered the reason they were worthy, but they were made for things like the Legion etc. ANY THREAT. Not a specific one as the OGs were contained as far they knew and there was nothing they could do about them to their knowledge.

Get out of here with your headcanon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chronicle. After Galakrond, the keepers empowered the aspects. This is what caused Odyn to ditch them because he thought HIS way(forcibly turning their own kind into Valkyr) was the better method. The other keepers empowered the aspects without him. The book states "they beseeched" or called upon, but that doesn't mean that it was the titans, but rather their own doing for a plethora of reasons. I mean even when you see her in Ulduar, Freya still calls upon Eonar to her aid and gets power yet....she wasn't around to empower her. There has never been any instance of the titans having that far reaching power to begin with. They were long gone from the planet when this happened and more than likely the Sargeras event happened simultaneously as much of the events in the book that occur within the same page areas occur around the same time.

The old lore was that the titans themselves did it before they left. That definitely wasn't a thing.

The dragon aspects being made for the HoT was completely unwritten by Chronicle as it wasn't the reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Galakrond was considered the reason they were worthy, but they were made for things like the Legion etc. ANY THREAT. Not a specific one as the OGs were contained as far they knew and there was nothing they could do about them to their knowledge.

Get out of here with your headcanon.
    There was no Legion back in their era. There were the Black Empire and the old gods. Your chronology must be all messed up with all these time skips and jumps.

The Pantheon or Titans are pretty much hands on abit meddling with the affairs in Azeroth. Y'Shaarj being ripped by Amanthul and becoming the WoE came after the events of Talonixa and the would be Dragon Aspects vs. Galakrond therefore Titans are pretty much alive back then.

I suggest get out of being chronicles over dependent out of your system and update yourself. Aren't you tired of the contents their being retconned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler text alert!

Vexiona: Your pathetic dragonflights will fall. If you will not serve the master, then I will find one who will!

It seems the dragon who Vexiona was talking about is no other than Nozdormu...

How do you get that? My first assumption for "Master" would be N'Zoth.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

So how did Ashvane got her hands on a necklace with a piece of Azerite in it?!?!?
    I mean jesus, you could at least read quests.

"After finally discovering a suitable base, we have successfully produced a stable compound.
    In this state, it can be stored, transported, or introduced into the mixing process to make a terribly potent black powder!
    I am so confident in its stability that initial samples were sent to Boralus suspended inside a necklace.

why Goblins are the main intel on Azerite and thus HoA?
    They aren't. They literally had to kidnap a gnome geologist to lead their research on it.

The golden, perfect disk was infused with the power of his Old God masters, and with both the essence of dragons and demons. AND NOW BASICALLY INFUSED WITH TITAN LIFEBLOOD/ESSENCE. The powers combined of several powerful races in WoW universe probably powerful enough to even the odds when facing Void Lords.
    If a splash of TiTaN lIfEbLoOd EsSeNcE was all it took to even the odds when fighting the Void Lords, Sargeras would have just cut himself and bled on them instead of trying to destroy and reset the entire universe to stop them from getting in. Also, the Heart of Azeroth isn't even a gold disk, it's a blue and gold hemisphere, and if the Demon Soul were made of Azerite, it would've been RED prior to BfA not gold, because that's the color Azerite turned when exposed to air prior to The Wound causing mass Azerite eruption.

I think the only scenario where I'd love to have a time traveling expansion is really Black Empire or War of the Ancients. Something that would actually make sense and not some AU bs.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They literally had to kidnap a gnome geologist to lead their research on it.
    Did you read Before the Storm? Grizzek and Sapphronetta worked together to explore the possibilities of Azerite. It's kinda the moral of their arc that working together yielded far better results than if they worked alone.
    And that's in addition to the general Goblin excavation happening in Silithus. Galliwyx also had a latent piece of Azerite at the top of his cane, it congealed soon after its discovery many years ago, but returned to the golden-blue hue of the Azerite we now know when Sargeras stabbed Azeroth.

Not agreeing with the thread's premise, just pointing out stuff.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    How do you get that? My first assumption for "Master" would be N'Zoth.
    She was looking for other dragonflights to join her cause and serve N'Zoth. From thr looks of it she currently was dealing with the Red dragon flight and perhaps she will try to reach out to other dragonflight colors. So maybe there might be a scene related to Nozdormu's vision of the future and perhaps she tells him that there is a cure or escape from the madness and N'Zoth could probably know the answers.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you read Before the Storm? Grizzek and Sapphronetta worked together to explore the possibilities of Azerite. It's kinda the moral of their arc that working together yielded far better results than if they worked alone.
    And that's in addition to the general Goblin excavation happening in Silithus. Galliwyx also had a latent piece of Azerite at the top of his cane, it congealed soon after its discovery many years ago, but returned to the golden-blue hue of the Azerite we now know when Sargeras stabbed Azeroth.

Not agreeing with the thread's premise, just pointing out stuff.
    That's one cool finding from the novel and thanks for pointing that out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think the only scenario where I'd love to have a time traveling expansion is really Black Empire or War of the Ancients. Something that would actually make sense and not some AU bs.
    Actually I'm too excited for this even as a bystander. I'd like to see how Blizzard invision's Ancient Kalimdor with lots of Old God and Black Empire influence coexisting with the Kaldorei, the Earthen and the Empire of Zul. With BfA's story direction it seems they're heading full steam ahead in that direction with the hypeboat.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-06-08 at 02:54 PM.

And that's in addition to the general Goblin excavation happening in Silithus.
    They work together becuase Grizzek's specialty is engineering (i.e. making stuff with the Azerite). Sappronetta is, and I quote "a well-recognized geologist specializing in mineralogy. The archaeologists on the team would be looking for Old Gods, ancient doomsday technology—the usual sorts of things. Saffy had been brought into the mix specifically to study Azerite." Which is exactly the same reason why Grizzek asks for her. Because the Goblins AREN'T the main intel on it, they don't know anything more than anyone else, so to make stuff out of it they pull in someone who specializes in the field and can find out more. The Silithus operation is a mining operation, not an R&D location.

Galliwyx also had a latent piece of Azerite at the top of his cane, it congealed soon after its discovery many years ago, but returned to the golden-blue hue of the Azerite we now know when Sargeras stabbed Azeroth.
    Yes, that is my point. Prior to The Wound, Azerite making contact with the air hardens and turns red and inert. If the Dragon Soul was """"the heart of azeroth"""" it would be Azerite making contact with the air prior to The Wound. i.e. The Dragon Soul should have been blood red and powerless before BfA and then blue-gold after BfA. Not solid gold the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They work together becuase Grizzek's specialty is engineering (i.e. making stuff with the Azerite). Sappronetta is, and I quote "a well-recognized geologist specializing in mineralogy. The archaeologists on the team would be looking for Old Gods, ancient doomsday technology—the usual sorts of things. Saffy had been brought into the mix specifically to study Azerite." Which is exactly the same reason why Grizzek asks for her.
    I don't think we're really disagreeing here of course different people have different specializations. I was merely defending the Goblins' involvement.

Yes, that is my point. [...]
    Again, not agreeing with OP but alas, they already took my disagreement with their argumentation as further proof. I'm feeling deja vu...