Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Or they knew where he was, and Saurfang didn't?
    Still makes no sense. Wouldn't the FIRST thing to do be "there's assassins here" rather than chit chat?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I suggest you watch the Cinematic again, the Rogues have little interest in Thrall until he attempts to help Saurfang. The one had a direct jump onto Thrall, but didn't go for him, Thrall didn't even dodge, he kinda just threw some ash towards her and the direction she was aiming wasn't for Thrall even prior to the ash.
    And as someone mentioned in the Lore topic, the Rogue assaulting Saurfang has poisoned-imbued daggers, while the second one didn't. Thrall was probably not the target here.

Ironically I'm trying to see some parallels with Endgame here, let's just hope their ""twist"" is not already spoiled by another franchise. :P

All powerfull mafia lord sending 2 grunts to kill an old war hero that wants nothing with war anymore but will the get enraged by killing attempt ?

I'm pretty sure that's a TV trope. A lame TV trope from the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I didn't immediately recognize the brand under the eye. Was it a V?
    I'm guessing the most loyal of the Forsaken carve their skin so that it looks like Sylvanas' markings. Which some times look like "Vs", other times like tears. World of Consistencycraft...

Or maybe it was just a way to show that they're undead without showing a jawless mouth and stuff like that. As if the body shape and glowing eyes weren't enough.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    How the hell did Saurfang follow the rogues? Or even know they were there? Did Sylvanas send the two most incompetent rogues in her army to kill the two greatest Horde heroes in history? Ah screw this shit. I just completed Heavensward and compared to Square, Blizzard's writing has all the logic and nuance of a story written by a kindergartner in crayon.
    Not kill both of them but just to make a scene. This would have much greater impact on Saurfang's speech to rouse Thrall from his absenteeism.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Still makes no sense. Wouldn't the FIRST thing to do be "there's assassins here" rather than chit chat?
    Maybe, unless he's confident enough that they can easily take the Assassins, even if they have the edge. Notice that Varok asked where Thralls family was, and seeing how they are not in immediate danger, he decided to lure the assassins out. If he had immediatly told Thrall about them, they would have known that their cover was blown, would have left, and returned later, with greater numbers, or maybe had decided to go for easier targets first. When you know about a trap, deliberatly springing it can give you an edge.

It's amusing to see Sylvanas fanboys downplay her decision to send assassins to kill two of the Horde's greatest champions. Those were not scouts, they were assassins. Sylvanas is getting desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Or the alliance sending intentionally weak ones since they're in bed with Saurfang.
    Who in the alliance would have access to forsaken assassins?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    The V on the forsaken stands for "Varok". Because they where not send by Sylvanas.... those were Saurfang loyalists who sacrifices themselves on his orders to draw Thrall in the fight.
    Everything is a conspiracy and in reality sauroks in a hidden world under deepholm control everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    And all that accomplished was making him rise against her.
    That's what happens when a coward sends no named lackey #90210 to kill a boss mob.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Two things:

1. Hordebois denying what was said in the cinematic, that the assassins were going for Thrall. Such an argument invalidates any story - if you don't like it you deny it, despite what the author wrote. Nothing to discuss with such an argument.

2.Hordebois saying she can't have possibly done this because it makes no sense. To that I can say - read more, watch more. This is textbook tyrant move. You eliminate any opposition and any potential threats. Read on Stalin, Hitler, Pinochet, Castro, Mao, Rocketboy.
    "All who gain power are afraid to lose it.

The actual problem is the Rogues low IO.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2019-05-16 at 09:05 AM.

two quick things:
    1. sending assassins after thrall doesn't really sound much like something sylvanas would do.
    2. sending assassins after thrall DOES really sound much like something nathanos would do.

especially given that, for horde players, most of the questlines involving interacting with saurfang is dealing with nathanos, and only talking to sylvanas to capstone the questlines.
    since nathanos is now basically the hand of the chief, and sylv is in theory fucking about right now with knifu and whatever crap is going to lead to the next patch, it seems far more plausible to me that he would have done this, especially considering that up until Legion he was either being all hermity off in the plaguelands or sequestered in the undercity training new dark rangers and may not have any real idea of thrall beyond his reputation as a former warchief.
    (though of course even that theory has issues since as spymaster he should damn well know about thrall's personality, but it makes more sense than sylvanas doing it)
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2019-05-16 at 09:19 AM.

As a Horde player my thoughts are basically "Blizzard thought they could get us to hate Sylvanas, instead we started to hate them and their writing, they still believe they can make it work not changing their tune."

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    How the hell did Saurfang follow the rogues? Or even know they were there? Did Sylvanas send the two most incompetent rogues in her army to kill the two greatest Horde heroes in history? Ah screw this shit. I just completed Heavensward and compared to Square, Blizzard's writing has all the logic and nuance of a story written by a kindergartner in crayon.
    them being inconpetent is right
    they are completly invisible and yet make more noise than a metal concert as if on purpose
    if they silently sneaked behind thrall and saurfang stab them in the neck instead of rushing like warrior making mad noise , their mission would probably have suceeded

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    There is no reason Sylvanas would go after Thrall. Sylvanas was after Saurfang since he is trying to start a rebellion against her with the aid of the Alliance. The spies followed him to the portal and once they saw where he was going they probably went ahead of him to wait at his destination (Thrall).

The thing that doesn't make sense is that I thought Outland was falling apart and dying?? It's been like a decade and a half at least since we have been there. I guess since Draenor has been cut off the portal to Outlands is back again? Or did someone reconnect the dark portal? Why don't the orcs just move to Outland if it's still nice like that? Looks way better than the shit hole Orgrimmar is.
    well in the short movie Saurfang said he followed the assassins there not vice versa, so aparently the assassins were after something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    I disagree with "honor over everything even his own life". He didn't challenge Sylvanas at Mak'gora (which would have been a great choice, because Sylvanas probably would have turned banshee or something like that and make the whole Horde against her at once), he's just running away and sleeping with the Alliance but he's always scared about his life.

Sylvanas is evil, I guess, but Saurfang is everything but honor.
    You take a large assumption in that her killing Saurfang would inspire a rebellion larger than there is currently, do tell me who would be gather people and mobilizing them who would all those people gather under if Saurfang were to end up death at that time? As you need key figures to do so and Saurfang is the only one around with the influence and knowhow to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    two quick things:
    1. sending assassins after thrall doesn't really sound much like something sylvanas would do.
    2. sending assassins after thrall DOES really sound much like something nathanos would do.

especially given that, for horde players, most of the questlines involving interacting with saurfang is dealing with nathanos, and only talking to sylvanas to capstone the questlines.
    since nathanos is now basically the hand of the chief, and sylv is in theory fucking about right now with knifu and whatever crap is going to lead to the next patch, it seems far more plausible to me that he would have done this, especially considering that up until Legion he was either being all hermity off in the plaguelands or sequestered in the undercity training new dark rangers and may not have any real idea of thrall beyond his reputation as a former warchief.
    (though of course even that theory has issues since as spymaster he should damn well know about thrall's personality, but it makes more sense than sylvanas doing it)
    You mean Knifu as in Xalath we released her, well Nzoth did after bringing us to him.

Nathanos is merely a devoted cultist, it's all sylvanas how come you think she wouldn't do that? Nothing currently indicates she has any sense of respect towards others, everyone is merely a puppet in her grand scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm guessing the most loyal of the Forsaken carve their skin so that it looks like Sylvanas' markings. Which some times look like "Vs", other times like tears. World of Consistencycraft...

Or maybe it was just a way to show that they're undead without showing a jawless mouth and stuff like that. As if the body shape and glowing eyes weren't enough.
    You have to take into account other cultures were the game is being played, and that is China. Zombies and undead are a big no-no there don't know the exact reason but it's why the undead race doesn't look anything like the western version they look simply human iirc.

Sylvanas isn't an idiot. Saurfang was near the Blasted Lands, and Thrall has returned to stop a bad Warchief before. Taking him out before he does so makes sense.

Thrall represents the Honorable Horde. His return would gain the rebellion the support of the people it currently lacks. If these orcs were any good at PR, which they do not seem to be.

If not for Saurfang, the rogues would have probably succeeded. You can spot plumes of poison coming off the Forsaken blades when they strike Saurfang's armor.

All that said, I still kind of feel that Sylvanas is playing a bigger game, and that this rebellion is her idea, or at least doesn't go against her plans. In which case she willingly sacrificed these Forsaken, using them to motivate Thrall. Or may at least be alright with whatever outcome resulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You have to take into account other cultures were the game is being played, and that is China. Zombies and undead are a big no-no there don't know the exact reason but it's why the undead race doesn't look anything like the western version they look simply human iirc.
    It's not undead, it's bones and skelletons. It is considered disrespectful to your ancestors. Zombies are fine, iirc. The chinese UD models simply don't show the joints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It's not undead, it's bones and skelletons. It is considered disrespectful to your ancestors. Zombies are fine, iirc. The chinese UD models simply don't show the joints.
    Ah okay good to know, cultural nonsense if you ask me but alright guess it's probably Blizzard trying to keep the video available to all ages.