Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaaaa, ribs... Oh no they're obliques.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense. f

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    From the article:

Yeah all of these points are reaches. Blizzard's storytelling style is pretty face-value; what you see is what you get. There's no reason that they would start being this subtle out of nowhere. If they wanted us to think Thrall's fam was dead, there would be gravestones.
    I get what you're saying. Blizzard has very sloppy storytelling..
    But if, just IF we can take this trailer more seriously, those points are excellent. And would seem like his family is indeed dead.

Even if Thrall was being a sad sack, Aggra wouldn't have let herself and her children starve to death in Outland. They got to Nagrand from Azeroth, they could have went back.

This is beyond reaching, it's just plain stupidity.

The guy who made the theory clearly has empty eye sockets and I'm surprised he managed to write his ridiculous theory down.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Even if Thrall was being a sad sack, Aggra wouldn't have let herself and her children starve to death in Outland. They got to Nagrand from Azeroth, they could have went back.
    You're assuming the death was from starvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    You're assuming the death was from starvation.
    That's literally what the OP is about though.

The reason is most likely famine. Thrall himself is exhausted, we could count all the ribs in his ribcage, and the fields are clearly dying – hence Draenor’s wildlife as well.

Starving? Thrall is swole. All Orcs are of course, but he really doesn't come across as hungry nor grieving at all. And I'd think Saurfang would mention if his friend looked haggard or something else was gravely wrong.

The most interesting point to me was the house. I remember thinking that having a random ruined house in the cinematic was very odd, it did not look like someplace Thrall's family would live.

Also, I'd pick disease over starvation as a plausible cause of death.

On the second watching, I developed the theory that even Thrall knew about the rogues, and was talking in code to Saurfang: my family's not far = but not here, they're safe.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Its ironic that Thrall picks Outland (Nagrand) to raise his childeren when he disliked Garrosh so mutch the proud Orc that got formed in that zone home of the Warsong and later the Mag''har....

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    It's still a theory. I mean Saurfang wasn't really acting like he was following two assassins. And once Saurfang knew that Thralls family wasn't nearby they struck. However, people need to realize that, like jj abrams, writing is never too intelligent and it's always the most simple explanation.

And btw. it's still Draenor.
    It's Outlands.

There's no way back to Draenor after it got Light Crusaded.

Unless you think somehow thrall got the last fragment of the hourglass to go back there without the Dragonflight noticing and also then somehow Saurfang got there through the dark portal which leads to Outlands again

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I'm no wheat doctor, but they all have heads and seemed nice and dry which i believe is optimal wheat harvesting time? It was also upright and not lumped over and dead looking.
    It's either brilliant, or bad depending on the depth of the storytelling. It actually fits the narrative of the theory.

Everything in the scene looks good on the surface: the land, the wheat, the house, Thrall (despite what the article says). But everything is also....off.

The wheat crumbles to dust at a touch

The farm itself is in disrepair. The roof of the house is patchwork, and still has holes.

Thrall is a shell of the man he was. All his responses are slow.

As the article mentioned as well:
    After the assassins attack, he shows no urge to check if his family was ok. Were they alive, his first urge would have been to find them and make sure they were not found by the undead first. He never speaks a word.
    There are definitely ways to infer some subtlety from the video. Just matters whether it was intentional or not.

I'm pretty sure Metzen's family is alive so Thrall's family is alive since Metzen = Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Here's an interesting theory from Gnomecore about the fate of Thrall's family from the Safe Haven cinematic:

His points are interesting, especially the one about the house shown in the cinematic. I did think it was very odd when it was shown on screen. It's certainly not the dwelling of a happy family, even an orcish one.

On the other hand, would Blizzard really kill off Thrall's family off-screen?
    He pretty much motioned that they were nearby when he says family and says they aren't far. I could make a theory that says Jaina's mom was killed while BfD happened, but doesn't make it true.

Thrall's family wasn't in the cinematic because it wasn't worth the time and budget to include them.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Its ironic that Thrall picks Outland (Nagrand) to raise his childeren when he disliked Garrosh so mutch the proud Orc that got formed in that zone home of the Warsong and later the Mag''har....
    Outland is the home of the orcs, and it's a whole planet away from the troubles he's trying to avoid. Why should the fact that Garrosh was born and raised there deter him?

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    The most interesting point to me was the house. I remember thinking that having a random ruined house in the cinematic was very odd, it did not look like someplace Thrall's family would live.
    It looks like a pretty standard pre-Garrosh orcish building to me. Not sure what makes you think it's ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's Outlands.

There's no way back to Draenor after it got Light Crusaded.

Unless you think somehow thrall got the last fragment of the hourglass to go back there without the Dragonflight noticing and also then somehow Saurfang got there through the dark portal which leads to Outlands again
    It's Outland if you want to be technical and critique something that really didn't matter since Outland USED to be called Draenor.

Also, the horde just went there. It's just incredibly hard to go. Basically it was from essentially not going there the connections that mages established dissipated and the portal was disconnected essentially the moment we got there. They had to use the Vision of Time or at least a fragment to get back just how Garrosh, Wrathion, and Kairoz got there originally. Technically if they wanted to do so they probably could have set up portals again because there was no rhyme or reason to them before, but they were canon.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    It's Outland if you want to be technical and critique something that really didn't matter since Outland USED to be called Draenor.

Also, the horde just went there. It's just incredibly hard to go. Basically it was from essentially not going there the connections that mages established dissipated and the portal was disconnected essentially the moment we got there. They had to use the Vision of Time or at least a fragment to get back just how Garrosh, Wrathion, and Kairoz got there originally. Technically if they wanted to do so they probably could have set up portals again because there was no rhyme or reason to them before, but they were canon.
    Semantics are pointless when we have an Outlands and a Draenor we're dealing with now so different titles are relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    That's literally what the OP is about though.
    The OP speculates that it could have been famine, because the world is dying. The land around Thrall could also be dying because he is dying (inside).

There is clearly something not right. Both in the visuals and in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Semantics are pointless when we have an Outlands and a Draenor we're dealing with now so different titles are relevant.
    Doesn't matter. You attacked him on something that more than likely he meant and then you still said it wrong yourself. Next time you try to take the "HA YOU'RE STUPID" road you should make sure you didn't make a dumb mistake yourself. Semantics includes both word choice AND correct usage/spelling. If you want to pick apart his argument, which had nothing to do with Outland vs Draenor as they're both suffering the same fat, then do that. You instead tried to discredit via fallacies.