Poll: Who's Enjoying BfA?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    I'm not really a BFA hater, but I'm curious as to why you personally think it's the second best expansion. What about it do you like?
    Pretty much everything other than the war campaign, tbh.

I play it. I enjoy M+ quite a lot - I only PUG so even 13-16 is a challenge, so that can be and is quite fun. Other than that, eh.
    Don't care about raiding, there's also the schedule question.

I enjoyed Legion a lot more. I deliberately stalled Suramar and other quest lines to really sink my teeth in to them and man, it was worth it. Levelling professions was actually engaging and sometimes even challenging, they had a depth. I also enjoyed levelling all 12 classes, both for Artifact T-Mogs and Mage Tower skins and Order Hall quest lines, those were very, very interesting.
    I am constantly baffled how this followed Legion, a brilliant expansion.

If keystones weren't random i would probably play twice as much.

I enjoy my Mistweaver gameplay, raiding and my DH alt when guild needs dps, everything else is passé and nothing I bother with anymore (cba to push 15+ keys, neck is 50, WQs are useless, Islands useless now, Battle of DA/Storm useless and so on)... But I am content with that, takes about as much time per week as I want to sacrifice on a 15yo game so it's pretty damn perfect!

Also, Diablo 3 Season 17 in a few hours! Woho!

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if anyone actually reads posts on here, but I'm enjoying BFA. I realize that I'm coming into it after a year of fixes and much more content than there was at launch, but I will say that there are many understated victories in this expansion.

I really like the state of PvP and the removal of stat templates. Also World PvP is absolutely brimming with activity in a way that I haven't seen since WotLK, and it's a real shame that pathfinder is on the way, threatening to ruin it. Every single time I play BFA and am journeying through the Alliance zones, I am due for some incredibly cool fights and sequences that are entirely unique to my player experience. The way that War Mode shards and ruins premades is inelegant (to say the least), but I appreciate that War Mode incentivizes PvP between actual players in the world, mostly by removing any guilt aspect that you are ruining someone's day or griefing them.

I am mixed on the story. People have already pointed out the lore inconsistencies and unclear character motivation, but what's interesting to me is that the pieces actually work for me—it's just how we get there that doesn't. The Horde war campaign I found to be a fairly uncomfortable experience that was much more dull than what we got in the individual zones. But I think with literally just a few throwaway lines, most if not all BFA's story and characters would work for most of the playerbase. That said, I don't, and I don't know why anyone would, expect a truly great story from Blizzard.

I come at this game with an understanding that BFA is a video game meant to hold my attention for about a month. I don't believe it's possible nor do I think that it's necessarily healthy for a modern game to hold my absolute attention for longer than that unless it is really special. And themepark MMOs in general infamously start to show cracks in their structure very quickly.

So that said and taking BFA strictly for what it is, I really quite like it. I really like the zone stories, the music is god-tier, for all the failings in the story I will at least say that I am very curious to know what direction they take for certain characters, the world feels very alive, and the potential for roleplay and unique player experiences is very strong.

So that's my casual opinion on this stuff. I'm surprised more than anyone considering the fan backlash has been overwhelming, but I played throughout all of WoD and I am blown away that anyone can think that BFA is worse than WoD... I seriously think that some people are forgetting just how much of an unmitigated disaster WoD was on literally every front.

- - - Updated - - -

I neglected to talk about class design but I don't think it's by any means unplayable. Maybe things didn't affect WW Monk as much as other classes? I feel that my rotation itself is largely unchanged, and I'm still able to blow someone up in PvP and pull 30+ mobs and blow them up in a stun. For all intents and purposes, I'm doing the same thing on the character that I've been doing for years.

Azerite gear, again, is probably colored by maybe the point at which I'm getting into the game or my class. Not once have I not had access to every trait on a piece of gear, and most of my class traits are pretty interesting. My one complaint about the Azerite system is that it seems overly complicated for just how superfluous it really is. They could have heavily streamlined this system just take place solely in the neck piece and virtually nothing would be different about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's strange but somehow I enjoy it.
    Prbly only because it is very casual friendly and I can grab all that nice warfront elite sets and level my alt army which is always nicely dressed.
    Because the lfr sets look so shitty I don't even do lfr anymore unlike in legion where I did all the lfr all the time to get the transmog for my chars
    The zones are also nice in BFA
    However what I really hate is the faction conflict
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played as a NE shadow priest with WM ON for 3 weeks on Alliance side. The experience was horrendous and disgusting that cured my addiction to WoW. Unsub'ed in September and to this date still clean!

Following the story in the forums though. But the more i read about this cluster f of story, the more I am happy about my unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I'm having fun but the day my boyf quits is the day I quit.

The game is dogshit without friends.
    So the game is dogshit period ? it's just the social platform that makes it bearable now.

Enjoying it very much, more than Legion

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

I'm quite enjoying - I raid a couple of times per week which is great but I also like to work on old content things which keeps me going. If I was solely doing current content I think I'd be pretty bored.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly not been a constant member of my gaming routine, but when I do play I enjoy it.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying it? Well, yes. I am still playing. I do enjoy mythic+ that I run with friends, and I got back to raiding recently, so, there is something in it for me.
    That being said, there are parts, especially the results of some story/writing decisions, that I am very much not enjoying.
    I still have more fun in WoW:BfA, than I do in most other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying it but sadly, the roleplay stage is going stale because it is all military RP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I play it. I enjoy M+ quite a lot - I only PUG so even 13-16 is a challenge, so that can be and is quite fun. Other than that, eh.
    Don't care about raiding, there's also the schedule question.

I enjoyed Legion a lot more. I deliberately stalled Suramar and other quest lines to really sink my teeth in to them and man, it was worth it. Levelling professions was actually engaging and sometimes even challenging, they had a depth. I also enjoyed levelling all 12 classes, both for Artifact T-Mogs and Mage Tower skins and Order Hall quest lines, those were very, very interesting.
    I am constantly baffled how this followed Legion, a brilliant expansion.
    I agree with everything you said minus professions. Those haven't had any sort of meaningful depth for a few expansions now. They might as well remove them at this point.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying BfA a bit less than Legion but ridiculously more than MoP, Cata or WoD. Early Cata was peak unfun for me in WoW. You had dungeons which were not fun, nor a great source of gear, yet still needed and ludicrously overcomplicated for most players in terms of need to know mechanics. The early raids were dull and poorly presented, and weren't overcomplicated but were overturned. Worst of all was horrible Daily grind, which managed to be the most irritating and time wasting one of any expansion. I ended up logging on twice a week to raid unfun raids (with the same people who I had a great time with in Wrath) before quitting and skipping both the rest of that expansion and much of MoP. Longest I ever unsubbed.

WoD used overpowering dullness to ensure I was only subbed for six or seven months total during the expansion.

BfA could be more exciting and engaging but it hasn't driven me away.

I left during Uldir and came back a few weeks ago. As a previous heroic raider now turned casual & pugger, i feel like there's a good amount of stuff to do. Really looking forward to Nazjatar, mechagon, and the other 8.2 updates.

If i hadn't taken a break though i'd probably be bored right now.

It's fine. I wish there was a more engaging "end game" system than the Azerite system, but other than that BfA is better than WoD and MoP, on par with Cataclysm. BoD has become one of my favorite raids, and atm I am really enjoying it, and patch 8.2 looks good content-wise going forward. Maybe even improving the Azerite-system, we'll see :P

Enjoying mythic+, raiding and some solo stuff, like always. One mediocre expansion won't change that.

And playing as Havoc Demon Hunter is just awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoy it especially raid(No,not you Uldir),mythic+ and lore but I don't really like how they try to do the class balance in BFA. It feel like they think they fix it but they also broke that class/spec and also nerfed the too op specs to the ground and I feel the patch is a bit slow.

I am doing old raids and achievements in the old lands, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sub is ending soon, won't renew till 8.2.

My enjoyment of BFA has been on and off so I just picked fence.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru