10+ Year Old Account
    Way I see it is while taking the black was his sentence there is no need for the nights watch anymore (as far as we know) so really taking the black and going even further north beyond the wall still serves the purpose of life sentence of exile.

Why is there even a Watch anymore? The Wildlings are the North's chums now and the NK was dusted.

Speaking of which, everyone south of the Neck just up and agreeing to be puppets of the Starks because Bran is a historian was silly, as was Bronn being anywhere near Highgarden. But overall it was still a lot better than episodes 3, 4 and 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I like how jon took the black and after 5 minutes he already deserted.. guess Sansa has to behead him now like Ned did with that guy in s1e1. *shrug*
    Right, classic Jon Snow following anything through. Sansa can do whatever she wants though, the North is independent.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

On a scale of Dexter to Breaking Bad I rate that finale one whole Lost.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Sansa became the queen in the North. Fine.
    Arya going to explore the "New World". Fine.
    Brann becomes King of the 6 Realms. Fine.
    Jon became what? Leader of the bastards?
    What is his propose really? Defend who from what? Just guide people who don't fit anywhere else?
    Right?

There are no white walkers, and the North/Wildlings more or less are in an alliance now, so what's the NW's purpose? Jon's going north do what exactly?
    Putin khuliyo

This season was an entire waste writing wise and totally ruined the show for me. All the intricate stories and prophecies, the night king, bran being the three eyes raven and the writers just went "FUCK IT WE'RE DONE" All the buildup of arya becoming faceless to never be used. All the buildup for bran to be the three eyed raven to never be used, the buildup with the nightking to just be "lol he just dies and poof all gone". Turns out bran really did just worg out to watch endgame because he knew that would be a better story in 3 hours than the entire season of this nonsense.

"A god damned waste" That's my review of season 8.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    TBH, Jon taking the throne would've been dumb...just as Bran taking the throne, because it's in Jon's nature to not want to play the leader. Forcing him to go back to the Night's Watch is just lazy, though.
    Honestly Bran knows and sees all right. He knew Jon would just roll north and be with the free people and it isn't like the queen of the north is going to go looking for him. I mean to tell you the truth it is what Jon always wanted. He originally volunteers for the watch. Did a bunch of shit he never wanted to do for people and then slipped away to freedom to a place where no one cares about his blood line and family name.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Jon lol.

Disliked by members of his family at the start, and exiled by them at the end. Should have just said fuck it, banged his hot aunt and been done with it.

I was fine with most of it, just wish they arrived at each of those points a little better. I saw plant life in one of the shots north of the wall, which I suppose symbolizes that the land isn't going to be shitty anymore.

Brienne writing about Jamie in the book is something I predicted would happen when it was brought up in earlier seasons, and I'm actually glad they had that scene.

I really enjoyed this season. Even episodes that were lambasted by people were great to me.

This final episode was a major disappointment. I don't know what was going through their heads when they wrote the council meeting scene, but it felt so forced.

I was severely disappointed. I got no sense of closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The Unsullied don't care about who the rightful heir is and they have him in captivity. So, it's either war with the Unsullied, which will probably get Jon killed, or what they did was send him to the Night's Watch.
    The unsullied fucked off somewhere so does it really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Not exactly sure why they need a Night's Watch anymore. They made peace with the Wildlings and there's no more walking dead.
    It is weak but I guess you say the whole "Bran sees everything" and knew he was going to do this so that's why he sent him there.

Again, many wholes in this plot but it does get them out of the Jon/Aegon story pretty easily.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Summary of the Stark children we were introduced to at the beginning of the show, in order of most successful to least:

Bran: 3 Eyed Raven and Lord of the Six Kingdoms
    Sansa: Queen of the Seventh Kingdom
    Jon: Briefly King, dragon rider, slayer of the tyrant Queen Daenerys, general in the war against the army of the dead
    Arya: Slayer of the Night's King, turned down the chance to be lady of Storm's End
    Robb: King in the North who never lost a battle, but was betrayed and slain at his liege's wedding

Rickon: Killed randomly, barely appeared in the show at all
    This is doing a disservice to all of Jon's titles.

Jon Snow, Knower of Nothing, The One without Charisma, Former King in the North, Former Warden of the North, Former Lord Commander of the Night's watch, Former Steward to the Nights Watch, Deserter of the Nights Watch with 3 star clusters, Rightful Heir to the Seven Kingdoms (But it is no big deal really), Aunt Fucker, Queenslayer, Kinslayer, Friendslayer, Dragon Rider (He crashed it though), Petter of Dogs (Sometimes).

off topic: I'm hyped for his dark materials, literally one of the best trilogies I have ever read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The unsullied fucked off somewhere so does it really matter?
    I mean if the Unsullied hear that Jon is just chilling in King's Landing, they'd probably just come back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    This is doing a disservice to all of Jon's titles.

Jon Snow, Knower of Nothing, The One without Charisma, Former King in the North, Former Warden of the North, Former Lord Commander of the Night's watch, Former Steward to the Nights Watch, Deserter of the Nights Watch with 3 star clusters, Rightful Heir to the Seven Kingdoms (But it is no big deal really), Aunt Fucker, Queenslayer, Kinslayer, Friendslayer, Dragon Rider (He crashed it though), Petter of Dogs (Sometimes).
    I love this.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Right?

There are no white walkers, and the North/Wildlings more or less are in an alliance now, so what's the NW's purpose? Jon's going north do what exactly?
    I guess he feels free and happy there. Like he has the soul of a wilding. Tormund said it in episode 4 I guess. Still really underwhelming.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish the hound lived and was there when they were voting on the king.

"Yer all a bunch of fooking cunts"

Can't believe the leaks were real.

About the only thing they didn't specifically mention was the North splitting away and becoming a kingdom of its own. Why exactly did no one else protest that, btw? Why doesn't the Vale or Dorne want to be independent? Oh well. Is it because they killed the dead and so now they're super special and should be given preferential treatment?

What a narrative mess.

I couldn't even tell if they were going for a snowy day or an ashy day on that first day with Dany, because all the clouds were grey and stormy and totally different than what they were during the battle, so either A) it started randomly snowing after getting overcast, or B) the ashes fell for hours and......blocked the sun? I mean, it wasn't a volcano erupting, folks.

I also don't get why Arya the robot suddenly has feelings, or why Jaqen never showed up ever again. LOL.

And I almost spit my drink out when fucking Sam comes up with a book called a Song of Ice and Fire. Fuck you D&D, nothing you did deserved that name. It's insult on top of injury since the song of Ice and Fire is so much more than what we saw. I'm surprised Tyrion wasn't like, "WTF does this title even have to do with anything?"

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    off topic: I'm hyped for his dark materials, literally one of the best trilogies I have ever read.
    Do we have a thread for that yet?

Couldnt they have just ''sent Jon north'' and let the Unsullied leave?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs