Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Go look at my Facebook feed. There are people of all types arguing with one another all the time. It doesn't mean we aren't friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Nazis and racists aren't people with different opinions.
    Sis dont you get it, its only an opinion in 2019 when you think others should die. What more can you get from.a country that are proud that their kids kill each other in their schools anyway? Its their opinions, we should just laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Sis dont you get it, its only an opinion in 2019 when you think others should die. What more can you get from.a country that are proud that their kids kill each other in their schools anyway? Its their opinions, we should just laugh at it.
    Er, no, calm down, fuck... Having a different opinion doesn't equate to radical extremes. Or is anything that deviate from your own opinions now considered radical extremsism, or 'too different' to ever reconsile?

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    We are predisposed to label others as 'us' or 'them'.

Yeah and it sucks. I’d like to think we can rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If you can not see the reason why, then you shouldn't. I do it because I believe it empowers me.
    Then I don't think you've ever experienced hatred from a person that doesn't even know you in real life (Neo Nazi vs colored people level hate) everyone is angry on the internet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Then I don't think you've ever experienced hatred from a person that doesn't even know you in real life (Neo Nazi vs colored people level hate) everyone is angry on the internet.
    How would you know what I have encountered?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Simply because of your statement no one who has ever faced that kind of hatred would say something so foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Why would I be friendly to people who hate me because I'm a woman or because I'm not white? To people who would either have me and others like me deported or killed if they were in power?
    Compassion. Those kind of people are suffering greatly within themselves and seek out an external enemy to hate. Show the compassion and their hate means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Virtually all my friends are east coast liberals. Blue collar, white collar, just about every ethnicity under the sun. I’m a moderate half-Chinese Trump voter mostly disillusioned with this idea that personal politics means anything when it comes to who I’m friends with. The sooner everyone else figures that out the better.
    Good for you, i'm not being sarcastic either. I like having friends with different views as well because I enjoy being challenged and seeing why people think the way they do.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Should the Trump supporters befriend socially liberal American Muslims? Should rich yoga vegans of the coasts befriend the rural farmers?

Would the world be a better place?
    A liberal muslim? is there such a thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't amazing how many people here tell you what you know and how you think? I know some emotional/physical abusers who do the same thing. The type of people who would beat you while saying "see what you made me do!"

i've tried this. people different than me suck to me. no bitch, i don't want to go on a jog with you.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I am friends with super liberal DC yoga instructors. Complete opposite from me. We learn a lot from eachother. They take me to fun parties and give me massages and teach me yoga. I take them kayaking down the creek, shooting, and to bonfires.

I think the world would be a far better place if both sides stopped trying to make each other out to being the scum of the earth, theres both good and bad views on both sides just like theres good and evil in the world, but labeling this side evil because they voted for this person is just plain stupid

Imagining the worldwide population as good friends who can get along and sing kum-ba-ya around a campfire is idealistically pleasing, but has no basis in reality. You can't really befriend people that hate you because of reason X. Well, you can try but it won't end well for you. Some people have too much hatred in their hearts and want to see the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Fucking exactly. Because hatred is a choice and living with someone’s boot to your neck isn’t life.
    Hatred isn't always a choice, some times I just hate people for no good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Hatred isn't always a choice, some times I just hate people for no good reason.
    Depends on how you define good. Personally I think hatred is stupid. But I still do it. Similar to love I think some misidentify hate just like love.

If I had to quantify it I would say hate is more personal and is a visceral reaction. Hatred is always a choice. To that some might say well children can be taught to hate. I would say they aren’t.

I mean sure you can be raised to believe something however once you become an adult you naturally challenge your parents beliefs from your own. Once you become an adult you make a choice whether that’s an informed choice is up to an individual. Which is also why I wouldn’t take the hatred or conviction of a child seriously unless they have ultimately committed to it by actions. Such as murder or physically.

Saying you love strawberries or hate onions might be in a way true. But it’s not really either.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    I don't think this will really matter. We make exceptions for the people we know. Hitler actually had and protected Jewish friends as the friends bit is more relevant to a person than the Jewish bit. Once you know someone they exit their social grouping and enter your friendship circle.

..also, those are some really specific groups!
    Took literally four posts for someone to mention Hitler. Dx

I don't think it's possible to get along with polar opposites, you can't just drop your attachments and ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggun View Post
    Took literally four posts for someone to mention Hitler. Dx

I don't think it's possible to get along with polar opposites, you can't just drop your attachments and ideals.
    Did you read the post?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    A liberal muslim? is there such a thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't amazing how many people here tell you what you know and how you think? I know some emotional/physical abusers who do the same thing. The type of people who would beat you while saying "see what you made me do!"
    Yes, there are plenty of liberal Muslims. Your ignorance is ASTOUNDING.

And you follow your ignorance with a post complaining about telling people what they know and feel.

You can’t even see the contradiction.

Why would anyone want to be friends with those who are completely opposite to you?