Poll: Do you believe a person can be psychic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No, it's a con ability using probability and observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We don’t know. We have no proof nothing exists, just as we have no proof something does.
    It’s up for you to decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They know what happens to the body. Science is limited to what it can understand and measure.
    Right. Yellow unicorns exist too. Can't measure them, can't prove they don't exist, but they exist. Really...

That's not how things work people. If there was something after death, you could measure it. There would be radiation, electrical signals, any kind of energy leaving the body. Doesn't happen. You can't claim something exists because you can't prove it doesn't exist. But I guess you believe in the big guy in the clouds too?

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    I disagree. Spiritual success is not measured the same way as we measure material success. Psychic doesn't mean you are a fortune teller and can predict the future, it just means you can communicate to some degree with the spiritual realm. Most people that pursue spiritual growth don't have material gain in mind.
    Spirituality is not the same thing as claiming to be psychic and I would argue that spiritual "success" can not be measured at all.

..and what exactly is a "spiritual realm"?

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Paranormal events like talking snakes and bushes are well documented throughout history.
    Are ya sure about that?

While i joke sometimes saying im psychic i dont believe in it, id like to think im highly perceptive and can learn behavioral patterns and predict what people can say and do but only after getting to know them for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There is a lot of fake ones out there who take advantage of others. But I believe in the supernatural and have experienced it. But it is not something which can be proven or convincing to anyone who is dead set against it being real.
    sounds like religion to me, erm we got proof but if you don't believe it we can't prove it.

a.k.a no proof.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    How would you explain professional marketing departments that follow trends and have to predict the future in order for their product to be successful? Take Overwatch for example, Blizzard went with it believing it's something players will definitely play in few years of development.
    Are you trying to say that predictive modelling is the same as magical foresight, or just being snarky about the phrase "predict the future"? If the latter, than that's fair, but I'd argue that given the context of the thread it's kinda obvious that's not the kind of predictive power anyone here is discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Right. Yellow unicorns exist too. Can't measure them, can't prove they don't exist, but they exist. Really...

That's not how things work people. If there was something after death, you could measure it. There would be radiation, electrical signals, any kind of energy leaving the body. Doesn't happen. You can't claim something exists because you can't prove it doesn't exist. But I guess you believe in the big guy in the clouds too?
    I'm probably being pedantic here, but I'd argue they absolutely can claim there is some magic ooga booga spiritual bollocks after death. But since they offer no evidence or anything else to substantiate their claims, we are well within our right to tell them they're making shit up and/or that they're mentally ill.

- - - Updated - - -

We know unicorns don’t exist. If they did, we would have found evidence of them existing (bones) because they would have been a living creature. The afterlife doesn’t compare to that.

And no, I don’t believe in God, but even if I did, why would that be an issue to you? It wouldn’t affect you in anyway, just as my opinions of the afterlife don’t now, so I’m not sure why you’re taking issue with it.
    Nah bruv, unicorns are magic, didn't you know? They explode into immeasurable spirit particles at the moment of death, and they're also invisible while alive. This is why you sheeple pretend they don't exist.

The fact of the matter is you, nor any other living person, can definitively state whether anything happens after death because anyone making the claim has not died. IF a spiritual realm exists and cannot be sensed with the 5 senses we use in the physical realm, how can science measure whether an afterlife exists or not?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, alot of those people were tested and all of them failed to prove.

Just one big scam.

If you do believe: Pm me, i know a Nigerian prince that is willing to give you millions if you invest 30k.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Actually there have been several scientific studies on the afterlife with no conclusive evidence it exists of course. Due to, how can one study something when the tools they use are limited to this physical world?

But here is a link to a article some may be interested in reading. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...iences/386231/
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

We know unicorns don’t exist. If they did, we would have found evidence of them existing (bones) because they would have been a living creature. The afterlife doesn’t compare to that.
    No, they're made of mist, light orbs and energy. Silly you.

And no, I don’t believe in God, but even if I did, why would that be an issue to you? It wouldn’t affect you in anyway, just as my opinions of the afterlife don’t now, so I’m not sure why you’re taking issue with it.
    I never said it was an issue to me. It would just explain your views a bit, that's all, but I guess I hit a sore spot?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    The fact of the matter is you, nor any other living person, can definitively state whether anything happens after death because anyone making the claim has not died. IF a spiritual realm exists and cannot be sensed with the 5 senses we use in the physical realm, how can science measure whether an afterlife exists or not?
    Yeah. Back to the yellow unicorns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    sounds like religion to me, erm we got proof but if you don't believe it we can't prove it.

a.k.a no proof.
    We can not discuss religion here and trying to do such, will only get the thread closed. But yes, faith in something, plays a big role in what we believe.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "yes" option without the "I have experienced it" addendum?
    Not that I would pick it, I think it's all bullshit, but come on man. At least make honest polls.

Edit: Also this; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...the_paranormal
    Last edited by Chonar; 2019-05-20 at 01:17 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Back to the yellow unicorns.
    Actually, science has proven unicorns did exist once on the earth. The Siberian Unicorn.

Maybe they exist on other planets but aren’t magical. Who knows, really.
    Equally likely, I'll concede.

- - - Updated - - -

I am saying that there is something that you can consider calling being "psychic" and it doesn't have to be magical just logical. If we are talking about predicting future into details, I think not but predicting events? I think that is possible.
    I suppose you could consider calling it psychic, but if we're talking about predictive modelling it's called predictive modelling. If you're talking about predicting discrete, particular events then I'm afraid you're off into the realms of Narnia.

Psychic as in magically seeing and predicting the future? of course not.

However I do think that some people can develop people skills to such an extreme degree that with once glance or very minimal stimulation are able to accurately understand people's motivations, feelings and even thoughts. Perhaps people that are super sensitive to other people in this way can also take a good guess at their future and somewhat predict it, but it would never be anything other than a guess.

So no magic, but I do think that some people can be so extremely perceptive of others to the point that they might start being considered psychic by some.

All a bunch of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I disagree. I have seen several psychiatrists who have all said medication for me would do more harm than good. As I have had them (voices) all my life, it is "normal" for me and having treatments would affect me negatively.

TB is a totally different thing from being born with a condition.

Yet, I'm not suffering at all. What you're calling a mental illness, while correct, is normal for me. It is literally normal for me to have 2 different "entities" in my head apart from myself. I went through childhood thinking everyone had voices in their heads and ended up hiding it for many years as I didn't want to be "the freak" at school.

What if my schizophrenia is later on discovered to be some connection to another realm we simply do not have the technology to see or prove that exists YET. Look at science 500 years ago. Talking about the elements like we do today would have you burned at the stake. Our medical procedures would be seen as witchcraft. Our ability to take rocks from other fucking celestial bodies would be science fiction 100 years ago, yet we do it today. The human body might not be at the mercy of evolution much, but our minds have a long way to go. Who is to say we won't develop psychic abilities in the future?
    I don't deal in "what if's", i deal with reality. The examples you give are unrelated. Illness is not correct. But i did say "may" cause each case is a different case. But you are not psychic nor have a connection to another dimension. Because what is in your head is a brain, not super powers. It controls your physical bodily functions. If it were you hearing another dimension, it would'nt be just the same two voices. There would be many more wherever you go. You were born with a desease. i have one aswell, it is not uncommon. But it is crazy to think it's a super power. It's a defect. I doubt there are many who don't have one. We can learn to live with them, but it doesn't make it right to... one, believe crazy bat shit and... two to think it's normal and everyone should just deal with it when there might be treatments.

Like imagine if i believed that when i have a cold i am connected to another dimension and the cough is my throat connecting to and rejecting the air of this other dimension. Or that a skin desease is the rejection of another dimension and an armor rather than a condition. I mean, it's laughable isn't it? It's a funny way of looking at things that may give you some confort or justification for something to make you feel better, but it has the side effect of making you lose the notion of what is real and what isn't. That in itself is a self inflicted desease.

- - - Updated - - -

We don’t know. We have no proof nothing exists, just as we have no proof something does.

It’s up for you to decide.
    It really isn't. If there is no proof, by default it's not proven as real and you can assume it isn't. I don't choose to believe flying pigs cause no one can disprove they don't exist in the universe. It would be crazy to go around afraid to be hit in the head by one. You can replicate this to anything you choose to believe and live in constant fear or go crazy about this imaginary world you are "choosing" to believe.
    Reality is what we can prove exists. The rest is imagination. May or may not exist, but we can't assume it does, at the risk of losing grip with reality.

With that said, we know many do.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-20 at 10:50 PM.

How would you explain this thing from "Narnia" then:

"In 1974 Arthur C. Clarke told the ABC that every household in 2001 will have a computer and be connected all over the world. Courtesy of Australian Broadcasting Corporation."

That is 27 years of absolute precision.
    10/10 that discrete, particular event sure got predicted. Am I a psychic if I predict the sun will rise tomorrow? I think so, I kinda like being psychic.