Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them.
    How about being more aggresive than Thrall but still very kind and understanding with Thrall? I know making orcs be more like humans is something that shouldn't be done very frequently but she always stroke me as some pariah in her tribe because she wasn't aggresive enough for orc standars which is why she feels a more deep conexion with Thrall. Yeah I know it sounds like she is basically a Go'el with boobs but considering Thrall managed to keep her in home with the childrens when usually any orc woman would had beat the shit out of him for just suggesting that, this has always made me think she is more like him(also her adult model was likely Grandmother Geyah which seems to be among the nicest orcs of the frostwolves) and that is why there was an attraction between the 2 to begin with.
    Last edited by Zandalariprelate; 2019-05-21 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Good character: Gallywix is perfect, basically because he is the fat humorous bastard he was supposed to be. Azshara so far fits the spot quite well imo, showing herself as the fucking mistress of the universe who can talk down to everybody and not to get angry at their shit because she is leagues over each and every of them.

Char to improve: Remember when Sylvanas had those quotes worrying about the future of her people, her previous life, her sisters... basically, remember when she used to give a fuck about something? That Sylvanas is lost and it sucks because it's also the Sylvanas that made the whole character popular. I also expected Alleria not to be a massive jerk.

New char: I wanted to have two or three chars together to give the Void Elves their proper depth to justify their existence. One won't trust those Void freaks, maybe to the point of wanting to kill them. One Void Elf reminds us how the Void is something to be scared of by surrendering to it. And maybe another one that keeps the idea of "we can show you we can be good people aware of what we are and trying to keep it nice and clean".

Not seen interaction: Besides one where Alliance characters say to Anduin he's not fit to rule the way Varian used to, I'd also like to see something that involves political struggles inside the Alliance, or maybe some conflict between light casters inside it because they have different view on things like undead, demons and shit. I know this is old school stuff, but come on, light is supposed to bring fanatism and intolerance.

Character Lore died in TBC, was brought back and then Died in Wrath. Racial Leaders in WoW should had been less active in the field besides some special stuff than what they are now.
    Jaina in Classic for an example, served only for a few important quests, mostly the Varian's disappearance and Onyxia's quest chain, But it was explained in lore that she was occupied dealing with the diplomatic stuff between the Horde and the Alliance, and Daelin's dissidents wanting to incite war between both factions.

There are times that i WISH that blizzard was more open to the lore and its fanbase as Bethesda and Zenimax does with fallout and Elder Scrolls, Even TESO, legends and blades has townhall lore discussions with the guys from UESP and Imperial Library.

But then blizzard is the epitome of the SoCal Egocentric asshole who hates when someone proves them wrong, and goes to write their names on their own personal Book of Grudges, claiming that the Fanbase is WRONG about the lore and only THEY are in the right.
    Sadly, the idea of a Townhall lore discussion with blizz could had worked well back in vanilla, if they were more open with the TBC lore, we could had evaded many stupid shit that happened in that Xpac and beyond, but Even then they had this behavior of treating the fanbase like spoiled brats, or calling players retards like during the AQ40 C'thun shenanigans, which is also sad because the same person who were called a Retard by Afrasabi back then is now the Game Director of WoW, and he's repeating the same mistakes that he criticized back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    How about being more aggresive than Thrall but still very kind and understanding with Thrall? I know making orcs be more like humans is something that shouldn't be done very frequently but she always stroke me as some pariah in her tribe because she wasn't aggresive enough for orc standars which is why she feels a more deep conexion with Thrall. Yeah I know it sounds like she is basically a Go'el with boobs but considering Thrall managed to keep her in home with the childrens when usually any orc woman would had beat the shit out of him for just suggesting that, this has always made me think she is more like him(also her adult model was likely Grandmother Geyah which seems to be among the nicest orcs of the frostwolves) and that is why there was an attraction between the 2 to begin with.
    I mean, that's basically mostly what Aggra is, aside from the point of being a pariah. I mean, how could we make her compelling on her own, for who she is as herself?

Honestly, hasn't it been an ingame decade since TBC? How the fuck isn't Greatmother Geyah dead yet? Garrosh was moping about how little time she had left, but it seems like she's the one who outlived him. Maybe put Aggra in a leadership role for the OG Mag'har, taking Geyah's place, so she can have some importance and responsibilities beyond Thrall.

I'd honestly love to do some shit back on Outland some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    -A character you think is Good The Way They Are, and say why. (Hexlord Raal, Flynn Fairwind, etc)
    It's pretty difficult to think of a character that is good or well written atm, I guess the cheat option would be to say Velen or Gallywix as they've done squat this expansion and haven't been screwed up by the dumb faction war and rebellion writing. Otherwise I'd have to say Ashvane has been the best so far, she's been written pretty consistent for her power hungry/betrayer character and much more than Katherine has and she looks to be continuing that in 8.2.

-A character you would improve, write into a new role or alter in some way. (Ex: Making Eitrigg and Saurfang more distinct instead of both being honorable old orc warriors, more focus on the Triumvirate of the Hand draenei, etc)
    Honestly Manduin Wrynn. I think he shouldn't suddenly have had the build of his father immediately after he died, especially how he's been portrayed for the rest of the time he's been present in the game, and that he should have been more resistant to becoming the King of Stormwind and High King of the Alliance after how he was manipulated by his advisors when he held the position in his father's absence. Have him question his decision making cause of things that happened in MoP and what happened in Legion and have him leave on travels around Azeroth or something once the Legion threat had been dealt with and prior to BfA with a council put in place to govern the Alliance and a Regent Representative for Stormwind. Then have him as a stranger that both the Alliance and Horde could've encountered during quests in BfA on both the continents who talks to the player as a person rather than a champion and sees both the bad and good sides of the War.

-A NEW character, someone you think the faction could use or would be interesting for the story. (Ex: A proper Mag'har or Forsaken shadowpriest, a Dark Iron Paladin, etc)
    A human character who actually doesn't like elves. Could be a literal peasant or one of the high ranking soldiers in the Alliance army but it would be interesting to see considering that it's only been human leaders who have been overly fond of elves. Maybe give them a sort of Vancleef role and show the heightening tensions in Stormwind because of all the Elves spread all over the place now.

-A character interaction you think would be interesting (Maiev talking to Genn about Justice and Vengeance, Talanji and Thalyssra talking about being new rulers, etc)
    Gallywix with literally anyone else, apart from his thoughts on Sylvanas or Baine we know barely anything about what he thinks about the Alliance or even the fact that one of Dwarven leaders is literally made of Diamond.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I mean, that's basically mostly what Aggra is, aside from the point of being a pariah. I mean, how could we make her compelling on her own, for who she is as herself?

Honestly, hasn't it been an ingame decade since TBC? How the fuck isn't Greatmother Geyah dead yet? Garrosh was moping about how little time she had left, but it seems like she's the one who outlived him. Maybe put Aggra in a leadership role for the OG Mag'har, taking Geyah's place, so she can have some importance and responsibilities beyond Thrall.

I'd honestly love to do some shit back on Outland some time.
    Aggra is really hard to fix because she's not a character, she's a plot device meant to do two things. One is to get Thrall hitched because Metzen didn't like people shipping him with Jaina. Two is to complete his transformation into Green Jesus. You change either of those things and the character is not really Aggra anymore. She's Phantom Menace-levels of being impossible to describe without discussing her function to the plot.

So all I can think of is changing the framing and expanding that plot function. Now she no longer just judges Thrall for wearing armor and trying to be a warrior and a shaman at once, but serves as a mouthpiece to call him out on things like the continued presence of slavery and his elevation of the old Horde heroes into cult despite them from her view being the ones that drove her people to the brink. She's the most militantly peaceful of the Mag'har and would blame him for bringing her people away from seclusion and into war and turning Garrosh from a mopey sadsack into the man he is now. Up the friction in their relationship because of the Horde civil war he then involves himself in and his responsibility in it and effectively split from him after he loses his elemental powers as she'd see it a sign that he's never going to be the shaman she wants him to be and will always keep involving himself in his personal problems and dragging others down with him in the process.

Then Thrall's BFA story can be expanded with him rejecting that mindset as well and realizing he can help people out without whipping himself or abiding by others' views of him and also that he can help 'his' Horde out as a man even if he can't save the world as a shaman.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Now, back to characters I'd like to improve. Well, there's no one who is such an unsatisfying and hollow character as Aggralan. What's there to say about her besides that she's Thrall's womb? She's more or less some shallow love interest who contributes nothing else but to at most be a clone of Draka, or some shitty tsundere. She's a character people complained about not being in WoD only because of the way it had been explained as a "boy's trip" and gender politics, rather than anyone actually wanting to see more of her.

The thing is, she's so hollow of any actual identity beyond Orcish womb that I've no clue what I'd do with her, and I'm too tired to think about what I'd want to do with her. I mean, she's apparently been letting her husband mope around in Nagrand. Where the fuck is her spine? Unless she's already left him for being spineless.

If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them.
    Developing her vocabulary beyond Go'el seems like a good place to start, no?

Also, you could make her super protective of her children, Cersei style. To the point she kills Thrall in a fit of jealous rage. And because of that Kal'el and Goku'el will develop brown guilt over being Aggra's spawn and will choose ascetic life in the mountains, fucking off from the story forever. I see nothing but upsides here.

You could also change her from tsundere to yandere that reacts psychotically whenever another female looks in Thrall's general direction. Bonus points if it's Jaina or Geya'rah (with Aggra being unaware of her being AU Thrall).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Aggra is really hard to fix because she's not a character, she's a plot device meant to do two things. One is to get Thrall hitched because Metzen didn't like people shipping him with Jaina. Two is to complete his transformation into Green Jesus. You change either of those things and the character is not really Aggra anymore. She's Phantom Menace-levels of being impossible to describe without discussing her function to the plot.

So all I can think of is changing the framing and expanding that plot function. Now she no longer just judges Thrall for wearing armor and trying to be a warrior and a shaman at once, but serves as a mouthpiece to call him out on things like the continued presence of slavery and his elevation of the old Horde heroes into cult despite them from her view being the ones that drove her people to the brink. She's the most militantly peaceful of the Mag'har and would blame him for bringing her people away from seclusion and into war and turning Garrosh from a mopey sadsack into the man he is now. Up the friction in their relationship because of the Horde civil war he then involves himself in and his responsibility in it and effectively split from him after he loses his elemental powers as she'd see it a sign that he's never going to be the shaman she wants him to be and will always keep involving himself in his personal problems and dragging others down with him in the process.

Then Thrall's BFA story can be expanded with him rejecting that mindset as well and realizing he can help people out without whipping himself or abiding by others' views of him and also that he can help 'his' Horde out as a man even if he can't save the world as a shaman.
    Ah, a serious answer full of good suggestions. It at least fixes her up from the angle of being Thrall's wife, and in such a way that I don't find any point here dissatisfactory.

The only point of disagreement I have is the idea she has zero character traits. Just, most of them are fairly trite "Orc Wife" traits or exceptionally shallow "strong female character" features. Which yes, is directly connected to her plot function but could theoretically be extrapolated into a better personality. Sure, the idea of her being strong and "independent" are laughable for her story role, but she supposedly is those things.

I think ideally they need to split for some time, as you said. It's pretty clear that I really hate the whole "Go'el" thing, and think Aggra has been a terrible influence on Thrall's sense of identity. Aggra didn't complete Thrall, she rejected him, and now he has to recover from Go'elitis. If she's going to help him be a better person, she should be judging him by the standards of the best version of Thrall and help him see that he doesn't have to secondguess his convictions for being "insufficiently orcy".

While they're separated, Thrall should take some time to revisit his true roots and remember why he dislikes slavery, even if many Orcs are cool with it. Visit old mentors like Drek'thar for help in reconnecting to the elements before the old fart dies, maybe visit Grom's grave for a change to apologize for how he's mishandled his legacy.

But I'm digressing from the topic of Aggra. While Thrall is busy getting his shit back together, I wouldn't mind an Outland plot for Aggra. After taking Geyah's place, she could start working as a coordinator for the races of Outland, or at least try to, to see what they might manage to preserve and for how long. Maybe start working out what would be needed to hold the world together a little longer, or work out a plan to resettle populations on Azeroth with Thrall. There's lots of largely unused land on Kalimdor, and I'm pretty sure even Desolace is healing up nicely.

It could be nice to see her working alongside Rexxar for a bit to find a good place for some of the Ogres and Mok'nathal, or to see her establishing Mag'har villages with that distinctive Warcraft 1 era architecture they use. I think a lot of those would look pretty at home in the Barrens, and no one is using Dustwallow Marsh anymore. Hell, maybe someone could get around to regrowing the forests of Durotar too. There's lots of good zones that could use new Horde settlements.

May as well use Aggra to do it, because a leader who actually builds and expands throughout some pretty empty territory would be decently cool on their own. That way she can be an Orc of peace who actually does things for her people and improves old zones.

Maybe have her form a rivalry with Geya'rah, while you're at it, with very different ideas for how the Horde should make use of their land and resources, as well as very different ideas for how they should settle new territories.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2019-05-22 at 03:45 PM.

I feel like having aggra call out thrall could backfire, since she's not well liked the criticisms might be viewed differently.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    Is it me, or you're asking for Rafaam to show in WoW?
    I'd enjoy that if they stay loyal to his crazy origins.
    Not really, but he would be an amazing addition, too. I just want more minor threats to start some inciting incidents, so it doesn't always boil down to 'the Old Gods did it!' I love me some Old God baddies, but they have been hella overused lately. It was way back in Burning Crusade the last time that an Old God didn't play a major role in the main storyline. Just let that sink in.

-A character you think is Good The Way They Are, and say why. (Hexlord Raal, Flynn Fairwind, etc)

I really liked the quests with Gallywix and Gelbin Mekkatorque in this expansion. These characters are well written so far. I find them entertaining and believable. Good Archetypes for their races.

-A character you would improve, write into a new role or alter in some way. (Ex: Making Eitrigg and Saurfang more distinct instead of both being honorable old orc warriors, more focus on the Triumvirate of the Hand draenei, etc)

Not sure the word improvement is the right word for it, but i guess expand would work, because i'd choose Roanauk Icemist. I'd like to see this character in a larger role the future. I really liked him in Wotlk would see more of him. A very powerful battle shaman, who puts his people first, with an interesting take on shamanism, forcing the elements to do their bidding, because the harsh enviroment in Northrend oblige the Taunka to follow that shamanistic way. I also hope he is quite a bit more war like, not over the top in that regard, but the Tauren and their subraces desperately need some counter weight to Baine in my opinion. Of course a Yaungol would be good in that role too, but i think Roanauk Icemist would fit well.

-A NEW character, someone you think the faction could use or would be interesting for the story. (Ex: A proper Mag'har or Forsaken shadowpriest, a Dark Iron Paladin, etc)

I would like to see one or two more Mag'har characters next to Geya'rah. I liked Blackhand a lot. He was very strong, enhanced by elemental powers in a way it fitted his clan and character, a brilliant tactician and very strong leader based on his and Orgrims AU short story. A son of his, not an alternate Rend Blackhand i mean, but a new characters who fits these aspects and that role would be awesome in my opinion. What i would also like to see is a child of AU Nerzhul, a shaman as well, which comes after the father, using and mastering the void, but also the other elements, showing us how Mag'har and especially the Shadowmoon practice their shamanism.

What i also would love as a new character would be a son of Nazgrim. If Nazgrim did with 40 or his late 30's, he could easily have a son for example, who is in his late teen or twenty years old, who reprents the honor aspects of his father, as well as the typical strong Orc warrior the MU Orcs desperately need. Of course this character would only start this / his journey, but if well written, he could compensate quite well for the wasted characters that were Garrosh and Dranosh and he could also get could aspects of these characters. Let him have an armor red / black armor, the one his father used, but upgraded somewhat, maybe looking more like the PvP Warlord / High Warlord armor from classic. That armor in black and red could look really awesome and i would like something like it as Heritage armor for the Orcs, remembering and honoring the living Nazgrim and giving a unique version of it to his son, when he earned it.

For the Blood Elves, i'd like to see a powerful Blood Mage character, who takes lead the Sunfury, the Warlocks, Blood Knights, other Blood Mages, maybe Demon Hunter who rejoined their race as leader of Blood Elves, who think its a dangerous weakness to cling to the power of the Sunwell, to be dependant on that well again, because Arthas invasion and the destruction of the Sunwell showed that it is not smart or advisable to cling to such a power alone. Blood Elves, with this Blood Mage at the forefront, who want to master the fel magics and arcane / Titan magic, without becoming slaves to such a higher power, instead using it for the benefit of the Sin'dorei. That could revive the Warcraft 3 TFT Blood Elves, without removing the current Blood Elves who worship the Sunwell and the Light. But it would make the Blood Elves as a race more interesting again. It would also give the Horde a very powerful character. To answer the potential question from where such a character could or would come all of a sudden, i'd say from the Netherstorm. As far as i know, Blizzard said in some blue posts / answers, that there are still Blood Elves on Outland and especially in the Netherstorm, especially Sunfury Blood Elves, who came back to Quel'Thalas a while ago, who abandoned Kael'thas when he attacked Quel'Danas. This Blood Mage character could still have remained in the Netherstorm, gavering Mana, magic knowledge and power and artifacts and such.

Another character i'd like to see is a Zandalari "admiral", i don't know what the Zandalari title of that position is or would be, preferably a male, because the Zandalari already have quite the bunch of important female characters and without Rastakhan, this race needs a powerful male character. The leader of fleet abilities i'm not so sure about. Maybe a worshipper of the Loa Gral, Loa of the Sea, would be awesome, who can turn into a shark, possessing some druidic abilities, but also able to use water magics and being a potent melee combatant, combing some fighting techniques / abilities. Him not being present on Zandalar in the current BfA story could be, because Gral sent him on a mission which was vital to strengthen the Zandalari fleet and to protect the Isle. It was also allowed by Rastakhan. Could have happened before the Naga slew all of Grals followers.

Well, these are all the characters who come to my mind at the moment.

-A character interaction you think would be interesting (Maiev talking to Genn about Justice and Vengeance, Talanji and Thalyssra talking about being new rulers, etc)

A situation where Thrall is confronted by his past failures, takes responsibility for them in the proper way, leaving self flagellation and his atonement policies for the Orcs and his appeasement politics in regards to the Alliance behind him for good and becoming a better character(in my opinion), receiving real growth.

I feel like having aggra call out thrall could backfire, since she's not well liked the criticisms might be viewed differently.
    Which is why that's not the focus of my post. Though calling him out on the things he's gone soft on wouldn't be likely to do much damage. A Crackdown on the Crimson Ring would be fun. But honestly, I'd still prefer to focus on my resettlement idea, to move in cool shit from Outland before the world dies.

Ah, a serious answer full of good suggestions. It at least fixes her up from the angle of being Thrall's wife, and in such a way that I don't find any point here dissatisfactory.
    You're saying it as if mine wasn't. Having Aggra kill Thrall purges WoW of Metzen's self insert for good, redeems Aggra for cleansing the Horde of the Alliance-appeasing cancer that remained embedded in its ass even when Thrall abandoned his duties to bang her in Nagrand and having their children atone for Aggra's crimes by living their life in some mountain monastery prevents them appearing as "Thrall 2.0, even more amazing, more important and more of a Metzen's wish fulfillment!!1!" later on. Again, nothing but upsides here, both for Aggra and the story at large. It's the perfect solution, really.

I do like your idea about Rexxar though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Anyhow, as I just suggested to make Aggra Geyah's replacement and an important figure for an Outland Horde separate from Thrall, with her own but not opposing goals to him, I feel this "Peacechief" could do with her own cast of characters, advisors, and generals to produce dynamics separate from Thrall.

Where Garrosh used to be the leader of the Mag'har, apparently, he should be replaced by the one dude who kept telling everyone that Garrosh was a total shitter. That's right, I am proposing we make Jorin Deadeye the military commander of the Mag'har and whatever faction Aggra is coordinating. He's not dressed like a warrior, but I think the dark sorcerer type he resembles would be a cool addition to the Horde.

I want someone who is maybe a little like Garrosh, but tempered and without the crippling insecurities. More calculating and rational, perhaps. Genuinely pragmatic, but with ideals to fight for. The dude greasing the wheels of the Outland Horde project with bold and clever strategies and tactics to subdue troublemakers and finally put down demonic and fel orc threats once and for all. Or subjugate those who might be redeemable. Someone to be the necessary "Warchief" and argue how best to solve certain problems without disagreeing on the rough end goal or purpose of their endeavors. No budding civil wars here.

And, I dunno, Geya'rah can hate his guts because he's a Deadeye. And Jorin can think she's an obnoxious hag and then makeout a little with her, if we want to go the dumb route.

The only point of disagreement I have is the idea she has zero character traits. Just, most of them are fairly trite "Orc Wife" traits or exceptionally shallow "strong female character" features. Which yes, is directly connected to her plot function but could theoretically be extrapolated into a better personality. Sure, the idea of her being strong and "independent" are laughable for her story role, but she supposedly is those things.

I think ideally they need to split for some time, as you said. It's pretty clear that I really hate the whole "Go'el" thing, and think Aggra has been a terrible influence on Thrall's sense of identity. Aggra didn't complete Thrall, she rejected him, and now he has to recover from Go'elitis. If she's going to help him be a better person, she should be judging him by the standards of the best version of Thrall and help him see that he doesn't have to secondguess his convictions for being "insufficiently orcy".

While they're separated, Thrall should take some time to revisit his true roots and remember why he dislikes slavery, even if many Orcs are cool with it. Visit old mentors like Drek'thar for help in reconnecting to the elements before the old fart dies, maybe visit Grom's grave for a change to apologize for how he's mishandled his legacy.

But I'm digressing from the topic of Aggra. While Thrall is busy getting his shit back together, I wouldn't mind an Outland plot for Aggra. After taking Geyah's place, she could start working as a coordinator for the races of Outland, or at least try to, to see what they might manage to preserve and for how long. Maybe start working out what would be needed to hold the world together a little longer, or work out a plan to resettle populations on Azeroth with Thrall. There's lots of largely unused land on Kalimdor, and I'm pretty sure even Desolace is healing up nicely.

It could be nice to see her working alongside Rexxar for a bit to find a good place for some of the Ogres and Mok'nathal, or to see her establishing Mag'har villages with that distinctive Warcraft 1 era architecture they use. I think a lot of those would look pretty at home in the Barrens, and no one is using Dustwallow Marsh anymore. Hell, maybe someone could get around to regrowing the forests of Durotar too. There's lots of good zones that could use new Horde settlements.

May as well use Aggra to do it, because a leader who actually builds and expands throughout some pretty empty territory would be decently cool on their own. That way she can be an Orc of peace who actually does things for her people and improves old zones.

Maybe have her form a rivalry with Geya'rah, while you're at it, with very different ideas for how the Horde should make use of their land and resources, as well as very different ideas for how they should settle new territories.
    Oh yes please, I want that. Some real storytelling and world building, a chance for ongoing quests and questlines that even make sense above just 'oh look, they're back after 10 minutes, could you kill them again?'

It'd definitely be nice seeing Jorin back. And Yeah, his outfit always made me think of him as a caster, I'd love to see him blend Bleeding Hollow Shamanism with Shadowmoon Shadowpriest stuff or something in that vein.
    Twas brillig

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Jastor Gallywix. He's a true Goblin's Goblin. Greedy, fat and doesn't give a fuck about anything other than his own life and his bank account. He's a total bastard and I love him for it, the perfect character to represent Goblins and I wouldn't change him in any way.

I would make Jorin Deadeye a real Mag'har Orc character, none of this AU fake bullshit. The Horde needs a new 'Nazgrim' warrior character and he can fill those shoes. (I know he had a mana bar in TBC but come on, I don't think he's a shaman/mage or anything. It would be the tiniest of retcons anyway.)

A Dwarf Paladin. Paladins in my mind will always be an Alliance focussed class but its too dominated by humans and draenei. The only Dwarf Paladins you see are small minor characters. We should have a very high ranking silver hand knight who is a dwarf just to reduce the human hyper domination in the alliance.

Nobundo and Rexxar interacting talking about living as outcasts or hermits away from civilisation
    Me not that kind of Orc!

It'd definitely be nice seeing Jorin back. And Yeah, his outfit always made me think of him as a caster, I'd love to see him blend Bleeding Hollow Shamanism with Shadowmoon Shadowpriest stuff or something in that vein.
    Oh yes, and I just now suddenly realized that the Orcs could use a decent cunning and brilliant spellcaster to broaden their aesthetic range. Like a Gul'dan who isn't evil.
    I would make Jorin Deadeye a real Mag'har Orc character, none of this AU fake bullshit. The Horde needs a new 'Nazgrim' warrior character and he can fill those shoes. (I know he had a mana bar in TBC but come on, I don't think he's a shaman/mage or anything. It would be the tiniest of retcons anyway.)
    I'd just bring back Nazgrel for that. We've got tons of honorable warriors just laying around. Making Jorin a dark sorcerer would be much more novel and be able to provide a unique sort of character who fights his own way.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention, it'd be a good contrast with Garrosh. Someone who isn't trying to be like or surpass their father, but just being strong in their own way.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2019-05-22 at 07:08 PM.

Since we're bringing up Outland characters, I really don't understand why so many potentially interesting ones are left to rot in that shithole.

Both Jorin, being Deadeye's son, and Nazgrel, who oversaw the construction of Orgrimmar, are characters that could undoubtedly bring something interesting to the table, especially so considering both have decent pedigrees and since Orc's cast could really use it now.

I've just been reading Nazgrel's old dialogue from Thrallmar and while nothing extraordinary, it's actually quite nice. In some of them he also touches upon topics that are somewhat relevant to what Horde's dealing with now, so there's that.

All in all, I'm of opinion that Orcs should always have a badass warrior type character, since the whole race is basically a poster boy for archetype. I've always wanted for it to be a Hellscream, but Nazgrel could do it too. Him being green orc who went through shit with Thrall, is actually exactly what Garrosh was missing to temper that hot head of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Since we're bringing up Outland characters, I really don't understand why so many potentially interesting ones are left to rot in that shithole.

Both Jorin, being Deadeye's son, and Nazgrel, who oversaw the construction of Orgrimmar, are characters that could undoubtedly bring something interesting to the table, especially so considering both have decent pedigrees and since Orc's cast could really use it now.

I've just been reading Nazgrel's old dialogue from Thrallmar and while nothing extraordinary, it's actually quite nice. In some of them he also touches upon topics that are somewhat relevant to what Horde's dealing with now, so there's that.

All in all, I'm of opinion that Orcs should always have a badass warrior type character, since the whole race is basically a poster boy for archetype. I've always wanted for it to be a Hellscream, but Nazgrel could do it too. Him being green orc who went through shit with Thrall, is actually exactly what Garrosh was missing to temper that hot head of his.
    Be glad they are forgotten, Blizzard spotlight melts characters into unrecognisable mess.