Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Gearscore was in vanilla. Raider io wont work because not database (leaderboard) exists they can draw from
    yeah I remember they had it back then. I also remember people made you come to SW Bank or wherever so they could check out your gear etc.

I didnt mind RL checking out my gear etc, that actually made me certain the RL knew his stuff too. He would check my items, know where they dropped/came from and would know what that ment. Sometimes they would even talk to me and trying to figure out my knowledge etc.

Today? Now you can get high ilevel by doing afkWQs, afkWarfronts and various other stuff and obtain good gear with low effort. And often the RL/Grp leader is the one with the least experience, gear or skill. The number of your ilevel(or how many m+ you bother to spam) is what matters.

Anyway, something like this will come in classic one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Hopefully Blizz just steps in and bans these if they become more than a spoof
    Blizzard should ban what? Addons that can't work because Blizzard doesn't expose the data required for them to work? See that's the point. They've never banned addons. The just remove (or never provide in the first place) the API methods that would allow the addon to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Blizzard should ban what? Addons that can't work because Blizzard doesn't expose the data required for them to work? See that's the point. They've never banned addons. The just remove (or never provide in the first place) the API methods that would allow the addon to work.
    I think at Blizzcon panel they opened the discussion and said it was possible to ban some addons.

Am i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I think at Blizzcon panel they opened the discussion and said it was possible to ban some addons.

Am i wrong?
    I wasn't at Blizzcon so I couldn't tell you what they said or meant. Not sure why they would "ban" an addon rather than just breaking it, which is what they have always done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    At the moment yes they are. In vanilla they proved more of challenge.
    No they didn't. You just sucked at the game back then. Even the infamous T0.5 questchain wasn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I wasn't at Blizzcon so I couldn't tell you what they said or meant. Not sure why they would "ban" an addon rather than just breaking it, which is what they have always done in the past.
    Oh, yes, i think if theyll do something is "break it". Not ban players for using it...i think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    No they didn't. You just sucked at the game back then. Even the infamous T0.5 questchain wasn't that hard.
    It was loooooooooong as hell. And several parts required a group...and was costly.

But people always tell me time =/= hard...oh well.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Again, these are fake addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    It was loooooooooong as hell. And several parts required a group...and was costly.

But people always tell me time =/= hard...oh well.
    Yes, it was long. And it was great. The special bosses in the dungeons were also cool. I wish there were questlines like this today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    No they didn't. Everyone just sucked at the game back then. Even the infamous T0.5 questchain wasn't that hard.
    Fixed it for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its a fake addon, but it would be nice to have an addon help with findin partys rather than yellin in town for an hour "lfm tank bla bla BLA".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Fixed it for you
    Of course.

5+ Year Old Account
    They should ban any kind of addon that automates group forming. The one with the score is whatever, but the other kills the social aspect of vanilla and should not be permitted.

Fixed it for you
    Member the rogue pvp videos of them killing grand marshals keyboard turning?

I member.

Hopefully Blizzard will break addons like those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yes its a fake addon, but it would be nice to have an addon help with findin partys rather than yellin in town for an hour "lfm tank bla bla BLA".
    No, it's called Classic not BFA.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    It would be nice, but it wasn't a "functioning" thing until Wrath.

Everyone seems to forget, but there is an LFD tool built into vanilla, somewhere around the 1.5-ish patch or thereabouts.
    Here's how it works:
    - Go to the meeting stone of the dungeon in question
    - Click on it to be "queued"
    - Wait upwards of 6 hours with nary a group invite because the logic was broke af
    --- If PVP server, probably get ganked a lot and get sent to a graveyard a half a mile away
    - Abandon this strategy, go back to town, spam "Hunter LFG Mara" and the like for an hour or so until you get bored and find something else to do/log out

So, what if...
    They take that same failed LFD tool and make it work like today's LFD tool?
    It's the same thing; it was supposed to find a tank, a heal, and 3 DPS, just like today's version.
    The only difference is no cross-realm shenanigans, so instead of standing around in town, you can go to the stone, do a little clickarooski and get queued into a reliable finder.
    Otherwise, the stones will be useless anyway (you couldn't summon until BC, and even then, you had to be "proper level", if I recall).

I don't recall ever even seeing a mention of this in any blue, so maybe I missed it, but it was there for a good chunk of Vanilla, just no one used it because it was terribly done, implemented, and removed you from trade/general channels in town (which were the primary grouping avenues for non-guild runs).

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    It would be nice, but it wasn't a "functioning" thing until Wrath.

Everyone seems to forget, but there is an LFD tool built into vanilla, somewhere around the 1.5-ish patch or thereabouts.
    Here's how it works:
    - Go to the meeting stone of the dungeon in question
    - Click on it to be "queued"
    - Wait upwards of 6 hours with nary a group invite because the logic was broke af
    --- If PVP server, probably get ganked a lot and get sent to a graveyard a half a mile away
    - Abandon this strategy, go back to town, spam "Hunter LFG Mara" and the like for an hour or so until you get bored and find something else to do/log out

So, what if...
    They take that same failed LFD tool and make it work like today's LFD tool?
    It's the same thing; it was supposed to find a tank, a heal, and 3 DPS, just like today's version.
    The only difference is no cross-realm shenanigans, so instead of standing around in town, you can go to the stone, do a little clickarooski and get queued into a reliable finder.
    Otherwise, the stones will be useless anyway (you couldn't summon until BC, and even then, you had to be "proper level", if I recall).

I don't recall ever even seeing a mention of this in any blue, so maybe I missed it, but it was there for a good chunk of Vanilla, just no one used it because it was terribly done, implemented, and removed you from trade/general channels in town (which were the primary grouping avenues for non-guild runs).
    No changes, we asked for Vanilla and we get Vanilla.

But even i admit...maybe...just maybe...if i lose my mind...i will download a LFG tool *shy*

There were addons available during Vanilla that were intended to make grouping easier. They just didn't work very well and weren't wide spread. Still they existed.

And I promise you that you will see these kind of addons pop up again simply because there will be a demand for it. How far they will go in terms of functionality is a whole different story, but they will exist even if they are just a tool to mark yourself as available for grouping maybe with a role selection and the possibility for others to send you a message.

Look at the Icy Veins - there even is already a "beta" for a quest helper addon available because there are enough people that want to use it. What makes you think that creating a group finder tool is out of the question?
    Last edited by nodlimax; 2019-05-22 at 06:08 PM.

"retailers" is this an insult now?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    "retailers" is this an insult now?
    go to your WoW folder on your drive...its says "retail" there am i wrong?

glad they code addons like that