Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    That trailer looks like it's trying to carry itself on the strength of "Hey guys, remember T2?" Nothing particularly exciting in there for me.
    These are disaster films. The core appeal is seeing how normal people react to fantastic events. It seems like this young woman is slotted into that role but who knows if she can carry the film. But she has to carry the film. No one else can do it.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-05-23 at 01:57 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    These are disaster films. The core appeal is seeing how normal people react to fantastic events. It seems like this young woman is slotted into that role but who knows if she can carry the film. But she has to carry the film. No one else can do it.
    I mean they're closer to monster movies, where the appeal is as much how interesting the monster is as the victims' reactions. Redoing the scene from T2 doesn't really do that for me. That said maybe it's better than spoiling the twist like they did for Genisys, assuming that there is one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

5+ Year Old Account
    So...are all the characters expressionless bots?

Sarah Connor botox-inator

Hero is the Lesbo-inator?

This be a movie? Cuz it has the feel of a netflix/hbo tv show episode...

They should just have gone with a tv show...

- - - Updated - - -

That trailer looks like it's trying to carry itself on the strength of "Hey guys, remember T2?" Nothing particularly exciting in there for me.
    Nothing said t2 to me

Edit: the t2 trailers sucked ass too, n probably the movie didn't age well...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-05-23 at 02:55 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    There was a Terminator 5...? There was a Terminator 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If i were to do a direct sequel off of t2, id have a t-800 come back to the mid 1990s with a different mission. It needs to secure templates that will be used to build the flesh shell of terminators. To that end we meet the human that looks like the t-800 we know (played by arnie) and introduce other models for the t-800) played by carl weathers and jesse ventura. The t-800 completes its mission and builds a group of 3 prototype t-800s modeled off those 3, and then have a setup where the human versions fight against their terminator doppelgangers.
    I know you posted this ages ago, but this idea is fucking awesome

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There was a Terminator 5...? There was a Terminator 4?
    You don't want to know....

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Nothing said t2 to me
    Really? The truck chasing them is the same one from the chase scene at the start of the movie, and the T1000 getting impaled then materialising through the windshield is too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also tough Sarah Connor.

"Dark Fate" LMAO

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You don't want to know....
    The last one I remember was the one with the femme fatale Terminatrix where they go into a bunker and things get nuked to hell and back. I knew there was a TV show, but I just assumed that detailed the resistance stuff afterwards.

looks awesome to me, a real popcorn grabbing enjoy at the cinema type of film
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

It is kind of amazing the decline this series has mustered. We have a decently good frist movie followed by a great sequel.
    After that T3 only barely managed to save itself by having a cool robot and a well-written ending, with the rest of the movie written like absolute trash.
    Then T4 went straight the the garbage dump of modern memory, followed by the dumpster fire that was Genisys.
    I cannot imagine a way in which this one can save it, nor can i see it somehow being worse, so i guess it has that going for it at least.

The last one I remember was the one with the femme fatale Terminatrix where they go into a bunker and things get nuked to hell and back. I knew there was a TV show, but I just assumed that detailed the resistance stuff afterwards.
    There have been 2 movies since. Terminator Salvation took place in the future, following members of John Connor's Resistance. Terminator Genisys tried to sort of retread some of the events of the first movie, but with twists. A modified terminator, played by Old Arnie, is sent to protect a young Sarah Connor.
    Neither movie received great reviews.

5+ Year Old Account
    Really? The truck chasing them is the same one from the chase scene at the start of the movie, and the T1000 getting impaled then materialising through the windshield is too.

- - - Updated - - -

Also tough Sarah Connor.
    But I felt pumped up for T2 n "welcome to the jungle" was blasting in my head...this, does not give me any feels..

But like I said in edit, t2 trailer sucked too, so I could be wrong..

- - - Updated - - -

The one where she increased the size of her bewbs? That was the only good part of that movie

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-05-24 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    But I felt pumped up for T2 n "welcome to the jungle" was blasting in my head...this, does not give me any feels..

But like I said in edit, t2 trailer sucked too, so I could be wrong..

- - - Updated - - -

The one where she increased the size of her bewbs? That was the only good part of that movie
    I dunno, I liked the scene where she and Arnie were smashing each other through walls and toilets and things.

I dunno, I liked the scene where she and Arnie were smashing each other through walls and toilets and things.
    The part where he slams his nuclear battery into the other's mouth and said "you are terminated" was pretty awesome. It managed to get a cheer out of the theater I was at.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good I might go see this.

My big questions are.

Where is John?

And

If this woman is human how can she do all that?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It seems pretty obvious she's enhanced in some way, because Sarah thinks she's a "good Terminator" like the one from T2.

I think "where's John?" is a damn good question. Why are the machines trying to kill this new girl? Why does Sarah seem to think she's the new Sarah Conner, IE the mother of the future Resistance's leader?

Is T3 cut out of the timeline, then? Cause she's dead in T3, and the movie is all about getting John to where he has to be when Skynet takes over.

Or is this before T3 and T3 is gonna come after this?

Personally, I still want T3 in the canon, I enjoyed that movie. Kind of put a capstone on the theme of the Terminator series, that Judgement Day was inevitable.

I mean they're closer to monster movies, where the appeal is as much how interesting the monster is as the victims' reactions. Redoing the scene from T2 doesn't really do that for me. That said maybe it's better than spoiling the twist like they did for Genisys, assuming that there is one.
    The monsters never carry these things. Theyve been inventive with monsters in t3,4,& 5 but it doesnt work. Its about the ordinary people.

- - - Updated - - -

I finished the Sarah Connor Chronicles so my thoughts:

1. Cameron accepts John Henry's offer to "join us" because it is the best way to protect John Connor.
    2. Cameron's role is to swap places with John Henry. Cameron is now inside the mainframe. John Henry is now inside Cameron's chip.
    3. John Henry is untethered from the mainframe.
    4. John Henry travels to the future to act as the leader of a robot resistance and fight Skynet.
    5. John Connor, Sarah Connor, Catherine Weaver, and James Ellison enter the room.
    6. Cameron, now trapped inside the mainframe, repeats "I'm sorry John" on the screen as she feels terrible for abandoning John Connor.
    7. Catherine Weaver and John Connor travel to 2027 to find John Henry, which creates an alternate 2027 where John Connor does not exist.

My guesses / reading on season 3:

1. Cameron, now inside the mainframe, instructs Sarah on where she has hidden a spare part T-888 chip (probably the one she removed with her knife from Myron Stark after crushing his torso in the elevator). The chip is wiped and reset and placed in Cameron's head and then Cameron is transferred back from the mainframe into her T-888 body.
    2. Cameron, Sarah, and James hunt Skynet in the present.
    3. John Connor and Catherine Weaver assist John Henry in the future.
    4. Kyle Reese is the leader of the resistance.
    5. A love triangle develops between Allison Young, John Connor, and Kyle Reese.
    6. A power struggle for leadership of the resistance develops between John Connor and Kyle Reese.
    7. Kyle Reese wins the power struggle for leadership but Allison chooses John as her lover.
    8. Season 3 ends with John Connor and Allison using a time machine to return to the present together which erases the alternate timeline (but alternate Allison still exists).

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Or is this before T3 and T3 is gonna come after this?

Personally, I still want T3 in the canon, I enjoyed that movie. Kind of put a capstone on the theme of the Terminator series, that Judgement Day was inevitable.
    Cameron said he wanted to write Dark Fate as a direct sequel to T2, and erase the other 3 (T3, Salvation and Genisys) from existence. So this is T2's aftermath, a lot of years later but with nothing supposedly happening in between.

A good Terminator in 2019 cant happen.
    We are in the age where everything needs to be PC/SJW/Feminist based, and Terminator is a series of the 80-90s that had action and story stlll as prio number one.