Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation TOS None Streamer PVE and PVP servers at launch?

I don't know how much blizzard watches these posts. But would it be good to have 1 pve 1 pvp servers on classic launch that does not allow streamers to stream the content?

I started few days after launch. I am kinda on the swore side with the streamers ruining content and fun for others. Basically making it a farming sim since they can get 40+ ppl to run stuff for them. Kinda takes the lore and fun, finding friends deal out the window. Which was not the case in retail Vanilla. The sad part is after 2-3 months after launch, the streamers will leave and leave major servers dead cause the minion followers will go to other streamer servers and all the power to them. Streamers got paid and servers left behind.

Main issue is like i said i played since the start. I am not 20 anymore. Or in this case 15 year old with all of the omegalul and thousand other twitch comments that spit out of the normal twitch followers vocabulary. This isn't Fortnite and thankful for that. But there has to be some sort of control.

My son is coming to age where i would like him to experience what i did. Or try. "Aka make new friends and do quests and dungeons and raids". And that will not happen with the toxicity and privileges from the main stream streamers.

I could be totally wrong but as a person that has been to every blizzcon to date and started from the start and made so many real life friends to this day from wow. I feel classic will not be classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Minehoe View Post
    I don't know how much blizzard watches these posts. But would it be good to have 1 pve 1 pvp servers on classic launch that does not allow streamers to stream the content?

I started few days after launch. I am kinda on the swore side with the streamers ruining content and fun for others. Basically making it a farming sim since they can get 40+ ppl to run stuff for them. Kinda takes the lore and fun, finding friends deal out the window. Which was not the case in retail Vanilla. The sad part is after 2-3 months after launch, the streamers will leave and leave major servers dead cause the minion followers will go to other streamer servers and all the power to them. Streamers got paid and servers left behind.

Main issue is like i said i played since the start. I am not 20 anymore. Or in this case 15 year old with all of the omegalul and thousand other twitch comments that spit out of the normal twitch followers vocabulary. This isn't Fortnite and thankful for that. But there has to be some sort of control.

My son is coming to age where i would like him to experience what i did. Or try. "Aka make new friends and do quests and dungeons and raids". And that will not happen with the toxicity and privileges from the main stream streamers.

I could be totally wrong but as a person that has been to every blizzcon to date and started from the start and made so many real life friends to this day from wow. I feel classic will not be classic.
    Just play on server without one if it does bother you. I'm kinda curious what exactly is bothering you tho. How is a streamer destroying the lore for you?

I mean you wont ever see them right? Nothing is gonna change?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic won't be classic because it's not 2004. You're naive if you think you can replicate exactly what we experienced nearly 15 years ago, it's just not going to happen. There wasn't even youtube when we started playing WoW.

I really don't see the issue here. There's a huge difference between streamers who have tens of thousands of people, those that have several thousand, and those that have several hundred. The difference? There aren't that many with tens of thousands of viewers and it's pretty likely most of them are going to cluster on the same server, simply because it's easier for them to setup events and do community shit. There's a large chance the giant streamers are only going to occupy a couple servers, so just choose a different one.

There's an inherent risk in choosing servers with giant streamers anyway. You risk server instability on launch and the potential collapse of the server if/when that streamer decides to stop playing at all.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you play Vanilla? Or any other expansions? Big streamer groups kill servers fast. Speaking to classic. You can't tag other mobs like now with randoms. There is a whole aspect of the grabbing 40 ppl with no context of giving them anything. AH, Mobs, Quests, instance finding is completely different. I won't name streamers. Some i really love they are in it for the game. Some are in it for the views and corrupt younger people starting the "Classic Experience"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Classic won't be classic because it's not 2004. You're naive if you think you can replicate exactly what we experienced nearly 15 years ago, it's just not going to happen. There wasn't even youtube when we started playing WoW.

I really don't see the issue here. There's a huge difference between streamers who have tens of thousands of people, those that have several thousand, and those that have several hundred. The difference? There aren't that many with tens of thousands of viewers and it's pretty likely most of them are going to cluster on the same server, simply because it's easier for them to setup events and do community shit. There's a large chance the giant streamers are only going to occupy a couple servers, so just choose a different one.

There's an inherent risk in choosing servers with giant streamers anyway. You risk server instability on launch and the potential collapse of the server if/when that streamer decides to stop playing at all.
    Good point. But i feel if they can stream it then they can farm it. Like our AH going to shit so fast for mass farming. I know the experience will not be the same from back in 2004. But we can try and make it semi healthy.

Good point. But i feel if they can stream it then they can farm it. Like our AH going to shit so fast for mass farming. I know the experience will not be the same from back in 2004. But we can try and make it semi healthy.
    What makes you belive that the ah is gonna be even remotely close to what it was in 2004? Stop beeing so delusional its 2019 and people know everything about the game - you can't change that and streamers are probably the least thing that will change your classic experience from that of 2004.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is the AH going to be remotely close? If it was classic we get the same drop rates when farming and same gold rate "As Classic". So you are saying the AH will be like atm retail? So for example you state how would the AH be close to what it is 2019? Confused here.

Obviously not going to happen. Just pick a server that doesn't have them if they bother you that much.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks @Adoxe at this point i agree.

How is the AH going to be remotely close? If it was classic we get the same drop rates when farming and same gold rate "As Classic". So you are saying the AH will be like atm retail? So for example you state how would the AH be close to what it is 2019? Confused here.
    The ah functionality is the same, but the people are not. How is that so difficult to understand? You will have hundreds of dudes chilling 24/7 in the ah getting rich.. Back in 2004 one server maybe had one dude who was dedicated to playing the ah.

Did you play Vanilla? Or any other expansions? Big streamer groups kill servers fast. Speaking to classic. You can't tag other mobs like now with randoms. There is a whole aspect of the grabbing 40 ppl with no context of giving them anything. AH, Mobs, Quests, instance finding is completely different. I won't name streamers. Some i really love they are in it for the game. Some are in it for the views and corrupt younger people starting the "Classic Experience"

- - - Updated - - -

Did U play vanilla? I don't there were any streamers at all. There may have been guys posting video but streaming? Not many. Tech wasn't good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Did U play vanilla? I don't there were any streamers at all. There may have been guys posting video but streaming? Not many. Tech wasn't good enough.
    No streaming back then.. heck Youtube was released 3 months AFTER the release of WoW in the US..