Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    That 9/11 was caused by a bunch of radical Muslims from the other side of the world.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-05-24 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topics
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

When I was in high school we had an acquaintance who insisted, steadfastly, over the course of years, that his family used to be very rich, but that they paid for a trip to space and they spent everything on it.

The killing of Bin Laden. No physical evidence constituting "proof of death" has been offered to the public.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    The killing of Bin Laden. No physical evidence constituting "proof of death" has been offered to the public.
    That the Mueller report would find Trump guilty.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That there were WMDs in Iraq.
    There were WMDs in Iraq. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_chemical_attack

That if you work hard you can "make it" in America.
    I'm proof of that.

That there are no Nazis in America. @freefolk
    We had the American Bund back in the 30's. They were Nazis. They were disbanded during WWII for obvious reasons but reformed around 1950 as The American Nazi Party. I believe they have a website you can browse to.

We have racists in America, 99.9999999% of our racists aren't Nazis, they just hate people who don't look like them. You Europeans throw the word "Nazi" around too easily.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Donald Trump calling himself a "stable genius" or when he says "nobody knows more about 'something' than he does", even the experts...

And, has man ever gone to the moon? muhahahaha....

Hitler driving a taxi around the moon and "I married a lettuce". I read those in the Sunday Sport here, so it must be true...

Season 8 of GoT was going to be epic!!

Some girl in a guild I was in tried to convince us she was pregnant with her sibling's child, had one arm and worked for the government. At the age of 19.

They were surprised when we didn't believe them.

never give up on a dream
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    In school a friend claimed he was sat on the side of the road and a guy in a car drove past and took his DR pepper.
    I don't friend habitual liars. But the biggest lie ever told me was "I'm on the pill". lol

A friend told us that they (he and his rocker friends) pushed a gypsy infront of a truck and the police did nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Worked with a guy that swore he played Xbox and Playstation in VR.......PS2 and Original Xbox......a good decade before VR was a thing.....
    This actually was a thing. Not to the extent of today with head tracking, but the basics. Could probably see a similar video only headset with video piped from an xbox. They were quite the hit with Kids walking through a Sharper Image store envisioning a massive 40" screen for 400-500USD. Generally were pretty bad.

https://www.digitalgamemuseum.org/so...ality-headset/

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't friend habitual liars...
    Good policy to abide by. I knew a guy in high school that claimed to have went on a family vacation to Europe to drive a Lamborghini for a day on a test track. The next week was space camp... after that an African safari... finally a summer fling in Hong Kong where he got laid every other day. To my knowledge he still doesn't have a passport and lives at home with his parents to this day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Good policy to abide by. I knew a guy in high school that claimed to have went on a family vacation to Europe to drive a Lamborghini for a day on a test track. The next week was space camp... after that an African safari... finally a summer fling in Hong Kong where he got laid every other day. To my knowledge he still doesn't have a passport and lives at home with his parents to this day.
    lol I knew a guy in highschool the exact same way.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Not me per say, but had a very easily persuaded friend from school who had a cat when he was young. To our best understanding (and we still aren't entirely sure to this day), we assume that the cat passed away, and his parents did not tell him the cat had died, but rather opted to say the cat had to go, as they get too big. He took that information, and believed his tabby cat had become a lion or a tiger. He then subsequently thought that all wild cats (cougars, lions, tigers, jaguars etc) were actually household cats that were released into the wild after they became too big for homes.

It was hilarious, but it took us a while to work out how he had managed to believe that information for in excess of ten years without realising the truth, or announcing it us earlier.

That if you work hard you can "make it" in America.
    Well it takes more than hard work, but that's certainly a hugely contributing factor.

The fact that you don't believe this tells me you're a minimum effort, lowly paid peon.

Also... calling someone a "Nazi" in 2019 is such a pointless platitude. There were some asshats running around with swastikas during the recent protests but what sort of numbers could they possibly have? At best, what, 100 members? 1000? Even if it were 10,000 that's such a tiny fraction of the population with no realistic impact on society.
    Last edited by Didly; 2019-05-24 at 02:13 PM.

Marilyn Manson pulled two ribs so he can suck his own dick

probably some white lies my parents told me as a kid to make me do or not do something. nothing huge, but it is stuff you believe for 10-15 years because it's just random small details you would never look up.

not talking about the big common lies told to children like babies come from storks, they are common enough that everybody finds out the truth sooner rather later.

but e.g. my mom wanted me to stop flicking the lights on and off, so she told me every time you do that it costs a quarter. (and i knew how much candy a quarter bought). believed that stuff well into high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    Well it takes more than hard work, but that's certainly a hugely contributing factor.

The fact that you don't believe this tells me you're a minimum effort, lowly paid peon.

Also... calling someone a "Nazi" in 2019 is such a pointless platitude. There were some asshats running around with swastikas during the recent protests but what sort of numbers could they possibly have? At best, what, 100 members? 1000? Even if it were 10,000 that's such a tiny fraction of the population with no realistic impact on society.
    I run a medium sized geological services company that contracts across the EU based out of Spain. I just happen to know plenty of people who worked hard, got shit and plenty of people who work harder than I ever have or will and can still barely scrape by. I also happen to understand the effect the head start I had on my life.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...ology/neo-nazi

They have a more than realistic impact on society. Especially when they shoot up places of worship and threaten politicians while the president calls them "good people".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    There were WMDs in Iraq. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_chemical_attack

I'm proof of that.

We had the American Bund back in the 30's. They were Nazis. They were disbanded during WWII for obvious reasons but reformed around 1950 as The American Nazi Party. I believe they have a website you can browse to.

We have racists in America, 99.9999999% of our racists aren't Nazis, they just hate people who don't look like them. You Europeans throw the word "Nazi" around too easily.
    Common now. Dude. We gave the WMDs to the Iraqis to use it on the Iranians during the Iraqi-Iran War. In the early 90s Iraq got rid of its stockpiles. There were no WMDs in Iraq in 2003.

Bullshit on your second point.

And I see you are still pushing the no Nazis in America garbage.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...ology/neo-nazi

At what point does a Nazi apologist gets considered a Nazi?
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2019-05-24 at 03:07 PM.

I used to work with a guy who frequently made the following claims:

He worked for Blizzard on Warden (and claimed to still have admin access to the repo)
    He always has inside knowledge on next xpac, due to working on Warden
    He worked for the FBI, then the CIA, because of his "hacking skills"
    He worked for the NSA because of his "hacking skills"
    He worked for the Baltimore Police (might be true, but unlikely)
    He has made millions in Bitcoin, and doesn't have to work (despite being desperate for a job)
    He has purchased and wrecked several high-end fast cars "for teh lulz" (despite having no scars or permanent damage to his body)
    He was in the army (this is probably)
    He worked for IBM on top-secret projects

All in a mere 26 years of being on this planet (meaning he did all of this in < 10 years). The crazy shit is that he's a *highly* intelligent person and an excellent software engineer, and I can see some of this being possible if he wasn't so full of shit with trying to impress everyone around him with other outlandish claims.