• Northrend Revamp

47 27.49%
  • Cataclysm Revamp

6 3.51%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Agreed

Unless ofcourse they bring back players to the old world via game design. Which i doubt.
    I think that is happening slowly with the phased "new" versions and talk to Chromie for old Cata versions. Rather than one massive revamp it will rolled out zone by zone as they come up with story.

what a stupid ass question. if they waste time revamping shit i'm unsubbing the second after.

I would like them to remake levelling experience so it would
    1) take place before BC
    2) cover retcons
    3) have HD quality and full voice acting
    4) have more modern quest design
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing an update to Outland and Northrend, personally.

Many years have passed in-game and so much lore has been introduced post-BC and post-WotLK that it should be reflected in those continents.

A revamp with the current scaling technology would work great. All old zones (except starting zones) could be turned into scaling endgame zones, each with it's own unique story and faction and rep to farm as well as rewards. The problem is, each zone would need to be kept relevant afterwards with new expansions. Or simply stop expansions and introduce new zones gradually and update older ones at the same time. I think WoW could really need a complete overhaul with their expansion structure, it's not sustainable and we end up with a huge game world, but an empty one at the same time.

If a rewarp happens then i hope on EK/Kalimdor.
    Altho i dont want them to just remove the Cata version like they did with vanilla.
    Either get a portal in Cavern of time or make it so that once you get above 120 you can do a questchain in a zone what updates it toward current timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They
    Won't
    Revamp
    Azeroth
    It's
    A
    Waste
    Of
    Time
    Fully agree with this, I am still pissed I can't do some quest from the vanilla world, besides leveling is more a chore and I prefer to play new and constant racial questlines every while rather than a total war revamp with a more stupid storyline than the cataclysm one and for worse 98% of the zones won't be touched by most of the player base besides of 2 or 3 fatties that want to RP dirty things in Desolace or some backwater zone
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    98% of the zones won't be touched by most of the player base e
    If only they had some system that would keep those new zones relevant and worthwhile past lvling.

oh wait.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-05-25 at 02:16 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    if they did a Revamp they should push the Scaling up to max level making the entire revamp zone relevenat at max level.

do you think that would be cool?
    No. I will use the argument I used in Legion. Mobs that I needed six hits to kill with a stick at level 1 should not take 6 hits with Doomhammer at max level. You kill all sense of progression making everything scale to max. What they have done is fine. If they want to combine WoD and Legion to scale to 120 to keep with the every two exapnsions are combined(TBC/Wrath, Cata/MOP), that is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    A revamp with the current scaling technology would work great. All old zones (except starting zones) could be turned into scaling endgame zones, each with it's own unique story and faction and rep to farm as well as rewards. The problem is, each zone would need to be kept relevant afterwards with new expansions. Or simply stop expansions and introduce new zones gradually and update older ones at the same time. I think WoW could really need a complete overhaul with their expansion structure, it's not sustainable and we end up with a huge game world, but an empty one at the same time.
    The day you scale all zones to max is the day you kill the game. People leaving in WOD over flying will look like a drop of water in the ocean compared to what would happen if they max all zones. Talk about killing progression.

Wheres the option for no revamp? Blizzard wont do another one because they realized how much of a waste of time it was in cataclysm. It took too much away from end game for content people blow through in a day and never go back to. They may do a zone here or there for story reasons but they will never redo a whole continent again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If only they had some system that would keep those new zones relevant and worthwhile past lvling.

oh wait.
    There is no way for them to make WQ for all the zones, especially when they have to make content for end-game zones.
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

If there's ever another revamp I think the moment is now with 9.0

7+ Year Old Account

oh wait.
    hahahahahahahahahahaha, you just made my day!!!! thanks... from the bottom of my heart XD
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no way for them to make WQ for all the zones, especially when they have to make content for end-game zones.
    Sure there is.
    They don't have to add them all at once.

They could update zones per patch, as in adding 4-5 quests for 2-3 zones in 9.1 and then more in 9.1.5 or 9.2 and so forth.

And if the maps get to cluttered they could also make the zones cycle.
    Like, one week we get quests in Winterspring, Felwood and Ashenvale.
    Next week we get to quest in Stonetalon, North/South Barrens and Desolace and so on.

Basically Warfront zone treatment.

Formerly known as Arafal

Sure there is.
    They don't have to add them all at once.

They could update zones per patch, as in adding 4-5 quests for 2-3 zones in 9.1 and then more in 9.1.5 or 9.2 and so forth.

And if the maps get to cluttered they could also make the zones cycle.
    Like, one week we get quests in Winterspring, Felwood and Ashenvale.
    Next week we get to quest in Stonetalon, North/South Barrens and Desolace and so on.

Basically Warfront zone treatment.
    Yes but that only limits the zone for 1 storyline or overall plot and likely they won't touch that zone again in a near future. Don't get me wrong I like when the old world is relevant but I am not up for a total world revamp again when most of the zones are just backwater places that plays no big role, Blasted Lands, Elwyn Forest, Orgrimmar, Durotan, Mulgore, Quel'thalas or basically every racial zone needs an update of the current events and show some progress for their civilizations, with that I will be more than satisfied

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    With world quests I feel like they could do a EK and Kalimdor revamp justice. It would be really nice to have a reason to be in the old world again.

One thing that made me realize when I was playing the stress test how big the world felt back then, compared to now where all the gameplay is tied to two relatively small continents.
    You know what, I agree witwh 100%, something that I think we forget is that Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdomes could be Leveling content and Max level content with all of the new systems in the game.... theere are also so much land and extra empty terrain and mountains in everyone zone from vanilla, those places could be used

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but that only limits the zone for 1 storyline or overall plot and likely they won't touch that zone again in a near future. Don't get me wrong I like when the old world is relevant but I am not up for a total world revamp again when most of the zones are just backwater places that plays no big role, Blasted Lands, Elwyn Forest, Orgrimmar, Durotan, Mulgore, Quel'thalas or basically every racial zone needs an update of the current events and show some progress for their civilizations, with that I will be more than satisfied
    I understand what you are saying, but I fail to see one point, - You speak of "Most of the Zones are just backwater places that plays no big role" why not make every zone important to the story, there are so much Lore and races and culture around in Azeroth... that blizzard could make many Expansion only in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdomes.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post

I understand what you are saying, but I fail to see one point, - You speak of "Most of the Zones are just backwater places that plays no big role" why not make every zone important to the story, there are so much Lore and races and culture around in Azeroth... that blizzard could make many Expansion only in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdomes.
    I don't see any relevant plotline for deadwind pass, desolace, south barrens, tanaris, or crestfall. If anything I would make them work into zones like Searing Gorge to have WQ and content related to the dark iron and also can work to give an update every while of the current situation of the race which is something I feel more players will like to do rather than faction or classes questlines, besides that way we have a new way to grind reputation to unlock the heritage armor and the Allied races.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any relevant plotline for deadwind pass, desolace, south barrens, tanaris, or crestfall. If anything I would make them work into zones like Searing Gorge to have WQ and content related to the dark iron and also can work to give an update every while of the current situation of the race which is something I feel more players will like to do rather than faction or classes questlines, besides that way we have a new way to grind reputation to unlock the heritage armor and the Allied races.

I will tell you how important those zones are, if you wish read, if not I love the Lore of Warcraft so much that it was fun just rethinking about those zones and seeing how they can be amazing in the future.

- Deadwind Pass -
    Is the zone of Karazan,
    the zone in witch the First Horde had to pass threw to go into the human lands,
    it was the zone of much trafic into the Swamp lands,
    it had a huge City built right under the tower of Karazan it self....
    How about this, many of those Stories could be worked uppon, in the mountains all around the zone, In the end Having a zone like that witch hold the Tower of Karazan that has so much Lore and interesting Plot twists... The entire zone could survive on that alone.

- Desolace -
    One of the Main base (capitol) of the Azerothian Burning Blade (with a huge garrison),
    the Very birthplace of the Centaure Race the race that almost made Taurens Extinct (That was made of the Daughter of the earth mother Therrazane and the Son of Cenarious),
    THe Druids are Terraforming the zone Testing out magic and systems that could be used to Rebirth entire desert zones for the future,
    The Naga along the coast (why are they interestd in this zone),
    a Huge base of the burning legion (after Sargeras is Gone the very Legion Officers and Generals are trying to get power in their own hands and maybe use a Decolate zone as their new base of operantion (since they have so may Portals around in their base)
    To end it all there are so many different Centaur clans in this zone, it could work only around that making us as players choose with Tribe/clan to fight with and maybe have some PVP objcetives in the zone, PVP objectives that make you fight for a Centaur Clan not 1 of the major factions.

- South Barrens -
    It is an entire warzone (if you ask me the next Warfront will be South barrense, since if you take a fly threw the zone is all ready a warfront),
    Its is the only zone that stands infront of Mulgore the home zone of the Tauren race... that has build a huge wall to close it off (why and how)
    The Crazy Plant Groth in the north ( has it Spread even future out),
    The Quill boards have this zone as their capitol zone, where they have 2 HUGE cities
    There is an entire Titan/dwarf Story arch that happens down south (something stange that turns people into trogs or make them go crazy)
    And on the Coast at the North there is an antire Theramor castle with many survivors and families from the Destruction of theramor (has that base become a city)

- Tanaris -

Gadgezan is the Capitol city of the Goblin Neutral faction called "The Steemwheedle Cartel" at this point that city has to be HUGE... since with the Battle for Azeroth these Cartels have sold stuff to both factions... making their capitol become as huge as a faction city,
    Sillithus Insects that cave huge caverns under the sands (what have they been up to after we cut them off their main base in Sillithus)
    THE CAVERNS OF TIME, the home base of the Bronze dragon flight, this zone could surive just on that (with many different story twists)
    There is a HUGE Pirate base with many docks and Dry docks (to build more ships) a place like that has to have become a huge Settlement like "free Hold"
    Then we have in the South a place called "THe Valley of the Watchers where the Alliance and the Horde Archaeologysts are having their own little war to find out more about the titans.

- Crestfall - (Do you mean Westfall?)
    if so:
    At the end of the last story arch of that zone, the entire garrison in the middle of the map gets in a huge war with new Defias gang (what happend).
    You have the city in the south called Moonbrook that has been RAPED by Stormwind time after time... maybe it could rise up and splitt it self off from stormwind making it a Neutral hub.
    The Spinning wortex, (what is that and how can we fix it)
    There are so much emptly farm land that we could help storwind retake and rebuild.
    there are also many caves and Mines that we could rebuilt and set up into funtion.
    How about this make the Naga move into the coast lines and settle up since the zone it just lieing there wating to be taken.
    To me the very Story of MOONBROOK and how STormwind time after time have RAMPED THAT CITY andnever showed it any care... would be amazing to see it Rebel against the Alliance and make us as players rebuild it and making it work agaoin, also building a Port at the south part of the city.

In the end my friend, everyone zone of WORLD OF WARCRAFT HAS AMAZING LORE AND STORY TO IT... it just need to be developed and put time into
    -

This moderator note conversation is hilarious.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Unfortunately they said there's no plans for a massive old world revamp in an interview during the earlier part of the year.