Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    snoop dog is a cool, but the rest sucks
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Is heavy metal part of ghetto/gangster culture?
    A bunch of white people critiquing how much they hate "ghetto rap culture" because how it is a bane on "black Americans" should make you pause and ask... well why is this a question?

This is like a murderer, complaining about... a murderer for being a murderer.

"You see I slit their neck right to left, what the fuck are you doing cutting left to right?!!! fucking savages"

The questions around rap music here has nothing to do with the music content itself for just about every genre has similar content, instead it is always around "culture" and which is that suppose to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by wasrathal View Post
    The genre is "hip-hop". "Rap" is what clueless white people call it.
    Funniest thing I have read in awhile.
    “He who only speaks in quotes often forgets to think for himself." - Anais
    "In Texas, don't bring a paintball gun to a real gun fight." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    A bunch of white people critiquing how much they hate "ghetto rap culture" because how it is a bane on "black Americans" should make you pause and ask... well why is this a question?

This is like a murderer, complaining about... a murderer for being a murderer.

"You see I slit their neck right to left, what the fuck are you doing cutting left to right?!!! fucking savages"
    No, it really isn't.
    The questions around rap music here has nothing to do with the music content itself for just about every genre has similar content, instead it is always around "culture" and which is that suppose to mean?
    The music content itself is predominantly violent and aggressive, people don't like that. Country music really doesn't have the same proportion to the same degree or quality. Or KPOP. Are you really going to argue KPOP has the same culture/ethos? This is silly. I'm sure by now you know what culture means.

Most stuff is stupid when you glorify it.
    My problem is that people from a different country with a better working society adopt this culture.
    I grew up with some turks and arabs in germany that didnt understand english and they watched all day gangster movie and heard gangster rap.
    Near all got deported or went to jail for a long time.
    Ahh, fun times when the turk (technical german) with the wolfhead neckless rant about the evil german nazis who wont give him a chance because he is black ehhh i mean brown... same guy who pour lighter fluid on a little girl and set her on fire infront of the principal and get kicked from school ofc.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2019-05-26 at 03:12 PM.

Raging against "ghetto/gangster culture"?

Did this thread fall through a time portal from 1992?

No, it really isn't.

The music content itself is predominantly violent and aggressive, people don't like that. Country music really doesn't have the same proportion to the same degree or quality. I'm sure by now you know what culture means.
    Where do you get predominantly violent and aggressive much of the most popular rap songs that get the most play are about:

depression
    self loathing
    drugs
    drug addiction and struggle
    general struggle
    gangster life is there sure but is generally in conjunction with the aforementioned.

Very very very very few songs are literally glorifying killing and gangster life in fact most does the very opposite.

Part of the discussion should be why is this even a topic why is only rap music singled out?.
    Yeah exactly this. The whole ghetto/gangster thing is clearly dog-whistle nonesense, and and the idea that rap music in its entirety is somehow associated with that is ignorant beyond belief.

Not that this justification should even be needed but there's plenty of conscious rap out there, to give just one example. Anyone who doesn't understand that should really go listen to some Akala and then try to front that respectability politics bullshit.

It's really weird that rap is being called out specifically. I know people don't like this, but to stop circling the issue, it's fucking racist. It's like saying that everyone who listens to metal is neo-nazi with an 88 neck tatoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Most stuff is stupid when you glorify it.
    My problem is that people from a different country with a better working society adopt this culture.
    I grew up with some turks and arabs in germany that didnt understand english and they watched all day gangster movie and heard gangster rap.
    Near all got deported or went to jail for a long time.
    Ahh, fun times when the turk (technical german) with the wolfhead neckless rant about the evil german nazis that dont give him a chance because he is black ehhh i mean brown... same guy who pour lighter fluid on a little girl and set her on fire infront of the principal and get kicked from school ofc.
    Most rap seems to be a cautionary tale or a story about self struggles I listed. At least the most popular songs that get the most play.

Like do people think lil uzi vertz song "xo tour life" was bringing glory to gangsters and thug life when he is rapping about his depression and suicidal thoughts and his sadness over the deaths of his friends "pushing him to the edge"???? The days of pure "glory" rap of gangster rap really ended and fell out of popularity some time ago now it seems to mostly be emotional rap with people speaking of their feelings as it relates.

Where do you get predominantly violent and aggressive much of the most popular rap songs that get the most play are about:

depression
    self loathing
    drugs
    general struggle
    gangster life is there sure but is generally in conjunction with the aforementioned.

Very very very very few songs are literally glorifying killing and gangster life in fact most does the very opposite.
    But Murder-Rap is tight!

depression
    self loathing
    drugs
    general struggle

Because, as I said, there's more to it than abstracted and clinical ideas of 'struggle' and 'self loathing'. The way they speak, the way it sounds is what turns people off.

Can I just make it really clear? The difference is not the content, it's the way it's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    But Murder-Rap is tight!
    I thought I'd been alive long enough to hear everything... guess not :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Clearly they need are proper role models like this fine gentleman:

Remember its not what you say, its what you look like when you say it.

Inferior shitty culture that leads to morons getting shot by police.

Because, as I said, there's more to it than abstracted and clinical ideas of 'struggle' and 'self loathing'. The way they speak, the way it sounds is what turns people off.

Can I just make it really clear? The difference is not the content, it's the way it's done.
    So... why is this forum entirely mum on metal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Inferior shitty culture that leads to morons getting shot by police.

I mean why is this guy even allowed, complete with his racist avatar?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean why is this guy even allowed, complete with his racist avatar?
    do you commies again make up stuff to silence people you disagree with?

I think even in this thread someone said they didn't like metal? It's not really something I keep track of.

LOL I agree, but gangster rap isn't any more or less popular than death metal, or country music and those are both trash as well. Although I don't know a lot of death metal or country concerts that end when someone shoots up the place or start beefs with other artist.
    death metal is trash to me, too. To each their own though.
    When you say "entirely" do you mean except for all the cases where they don't like it?

But basically because subjective preferences exist and people like some music more than others. And this is besides the question of whether the content really is the same in the same proportions, which hasn't been conclusively answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    do you commies again make up stuff to silence people you disagree with?
    You spout racist shit. I'm calling you out on your bigoted shit.

What have you to say to notion of metal leading to kids shooting up schools and killing everyone they can and themselves?

- - - Updated - - -

I think even in this thread someone said they didn't like metal? It's not really something I keep track of.

When you say "entirely" do you mean except for all the cases where they don't like it?

But basically because subjective preferences exist and people like some music more than others.
    How many threads have been made saying anything about metal? Metal comes up as a comparison in threads that are about rap because it is a double standard. People on this forum aren't making threads to castigate metal.

"but the born-intelligent"

Is this for real?

How many threads have been made saying anything about metal? Metal comes up as a comparison in threads that are about rap because it is a double standard. People on this forum aren't making threads to castigate metal.
    I mean I showed you posts where people say metal is trash... I think your bias is leading you to believe there's an overflow of anti-rap threads when it's really not discussed all that often.