Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    >play the game about faction
    >get mad about the focus on it

its like being mad about a football tourney, because it focus on football

let me guess, you wish everything would be about elves, cause the "tribal" horde to not combine with then, sure

btw, they are prob focusing on"race campaign next expansion anyway.

they can always transmog

it snot like the races can't use then if they want, its rly impossible to visit other countries and try their styles?
    Most of Horde armor is that "red spiky , huge pauldrons, orc/tauren themed" gear. They can all transmog into neutral gear or use their racial gear and look all the same. What i and others meant is that "faction armor" is ALWAYS "blue golden knighty stuff" for Alliance and "red dark orcy stuff" for the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I’ve wanted Horde vs Alliance for ages, but Blizzard made me hate my own faction as much as I hate the other one. I’m at the stage where I want the bad guys to win as it seems to be the most ideal outcome.
    You mean Horde to win? Because they/we are the bad guys now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The tree itself, sure. But the novellas imply a majority of the night elf civilian population burned with it, and I would certainly think the Ancients, who we're often told have a special relationship with the kaldorei, would think to take exception at so many being specifically targeted and burned alive.
    And the only ancient that was really into protecting Night Elves in situations when there's not some demonic or Elemental invasion threatening the whole world or at least the Ancient's own turf was Cenarius, who's somewhat indisposed since 7.0.

While true, they have taken action against groups that cause large-scale ecological damage, with offshoots like DEHTA taking it one step further and making routine work of hiring assassins.
    The only ever really did fight people for ecological reasons in Outland, where the Naga ravaged an entire ecosystem by draining it of water. Forsaken dropping some Blight here and there barely compares to that. And burning of Teldrassil only destroyed an artificial abomination created by Night Elves.

The Ebon Blade, with their pact with the Lich King ongoing, ought to be moving against her considering Bolvar seems aware she's up to some shit and considers her an enemy. Why would he hesitate to remove an enemy when he's been ruthless all throughout the Death Knight order hall campaigns?
    What happened to the goal of ending all life? Also, Ebon Blade's pact with the Lich King was against the Legion and Lich King himself also got involved because of the threat the Legion possessed. Sylvanas does not compare to that.

And the Silver Hand/Argent Crusade have, according to Ask CDev threads, been 'keeping tabs' on her since the 1-60 Cataclysm quest lines, which brings to question why they aren't taking a more active role in reining her in. I have trouble believing that, as close as Hearthglen and Light's Hope are to the Undercity, word hasn't reached Tyrosus and company about Sylvanas Blighting and raising her own troops and the Alliance's, which should be a red flag the size of Naxxramas to them.
    Yeah, and keeping tabs does not mean "huzzah, let's go to war". Especially since the Ebon Blade acts in all the ways Sylvanas does and yet the Argent Crusade teamed up with them without a hiccup. Ebon Blade has been resurrecting mindless undead even in quests given by the Argent Crusade. And they were more than fine with altering the Plague of Undeath at Mord'rethar into something working pretty much in the same way as the Blight, knowing full well the Horde and Alliance forces besieging it would get doused with that shit and die, and they discussed it out in the open next to other, non-Death Knight people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Its pretty much been the case every expansion except Legion. Which largely abandoned the faction conflict outside of Stormheim and focused on a class-driven story instead.
    Yeh, Legion did it much better, and i liked that the faction conflict was only seen ina couple of races, hot headed and grieved enough to continue fighting at a time like this. This is far more believable than having the alliance and horde constnatly all out war... and while all out war has never really been the case till BFA, they exaggerated the faction conflict so much it actually felt like that.

I think in the future, they shoudl do that race campaign thing we've been talking about, and the faction conflict should buble over only in a couple of races -- doesn't even have to be the whole race, it could be nuanced where you have factions within the race wnating friendship and coperation and factions wanting annihilation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Most of Horde armor is that "red spiky , huge pauldrons, orc/tauren themed" gear.
    its not rly, very few thematic armor, in fact the warfront ones are the only ones with heavy "horde" thematic, and the second one is forsaken

the only one i can remember beside those its the hellscream gear from the argent crusade raid/dg

5+ Year Old Account
    Every time the AvH bubbles to the surface, the story takes a huge nosedive. The AvH should have ended with WC2. They seemed to have learned the lesson with WC3, but when Vanilla came, they went back to the same old BS. At least, they were smart enough to not give it the spotlight until ICC.

Too bad that they went full retard since then...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It was never stated that this game is about humans and orcs.

Trolls are okay. Only orcs and tauren should disappear for a while.

It is long overdue and we still have no confirmation.
    Bro. It's in the title of the very first game which started the franchise. Warcraft: ORCS AND HUMANS. It's like Syeg said. You're going to a football game and complaining about there being too much football.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Every time the AvH bubbles to the surface, the story takes a huge nosedive. The AvH should have ended with WC2. They seemed to have learned the lesson with WC3, but when Vanilla came, they went back to the same old BS. At least, they were smart enough to not give it the spotlight until ICC.

They seem to have learned their lesson with WC3? You mean the lesson that even if one side isn't interested in a fight if the other one is then there's no point to not preparing for war because you're gonna get attacked anything? Seems like Sylvanas learned the lesson if BFA is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Yeh, Legion did it much better, and i liked that the faction conflict was only seen ina couple of races, hot headed and grieved enough to continue fighting at a time like this. This is far more believable than having the alliance and horde constnatly all out war... and while all out war has never really been the case till BFA, they exaggerated the faction conflict so much it actually felt like that.
    Right, aside from the previous faction war that lasted three years and spanned four continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

Blizzard's philosophy about lesson is that once you learned it, why not learn it some more? Faction war isn't even the only thing in regards to which they've been running in circles. AgE oF mOrTaLs is another example.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Bro. It's in the title of the very first game which started the franchise. Warcraft: ORCS AND HUMANS. It's like Syeg said. You're going to a football game and complaining about there being too much football.
    "This game". In a thread about World of Warcraft. I'm sorry, but do you think the names "World of Warcraft" and "Warcraft: ORCS AND HUMANS" are the same? Or do you think time's stuck since 1994? If so, someone should inform the rest of the world, because my pesky computer shows a different year.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Theres not to much horde and alliance focus, theres to much human and undead focus.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Theres not to much horde and alliance focus, theres to much human and undead focus.
    What undead focus? Aside from Nathanos and Sylvanas popping once a patch to tell Horde players they should just play along with the traitors because of their master plan and some Forsaken fodder in Darkshore, the Horde story is dominated by the Zandalari and the Sadorc saga of Saurfang's (impending) rebellion.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else? I'm just fed up and i want to RAGE !!

It's just come to dominate EVERYTHING - the playerable races have lost their identity and exist only for the express purpose of the horde or the alliance.

All players think about races is purely in terms of the horde and alliance too.. horde fans hate every alliance race adn can't imagine them outside the confines of the faction, alliance players hate horde races can't only view them as hordies... i'm just sick of it.

I don't mind races joining t he horde and alliance because we have to have t2 factions, but when everything becomes dominated by this - with no grey area - it feels like warcraft only has two nations. One called horde and one called alliance.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to drop down from the WC3 expanded factions back down to two is responsible for the messing up of racial lore - because it was too convenient to fall into the trap of only writing for 2 sides.
    Sorry you can't think of these races as outside of the Horde or Alliance, but I know I sure can.

And I know many other people who can. Literally anyone who enjoys lore can.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Anyone else? I'm just fed up and i want to RAGE !!

It's just come to dominate EVERYTHING - the playerable races have lost their identity and exist only for the express purpose of the horde or the alliance.

All players think about races is purely in terms of the horde and alliance too.. horde fans hate every alliance race adn can't imagine them outside the confines of the faction, alliance players hate horde races can't only view them as hordies... i'm just sick of it.

I don't mind races joining t he horde and alliance because we have to have t2 factions, but when everything becomes dominated by this - with no grey area - it feels like warcraft only has two nations. One called horde and one called alliance.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to drop down from the WC3 expanded factions back down to two is responsible for the messing up of racial lore - because it was too convenient to fall into the trap of only writing for 2 sides.
    you dont fool anyone, you dont care race identity, you just want the elfs being in the spotlight

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You mean Horde to win? Because they/we are the bad guys now, lol.
    Sylvanas or the Old Gods winning would be fine right now to be honest. I hate Sylvanas ever so slightly less than the rest of the Horde leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Honestly, is there that much Forsaken focus? They have no forces in the new zones outside of war campaign and one group in Nazmir.

Sylvanas is constantly referred to but barely onscreen and while Nathanos is barking orders we see relatively little of him outside of that role. They're doing almost no characterization for the Forsaken or rank and file on EITHER side.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Right, aside from the previous faction war that lasted three years and spanned four continents.

Blizzard's philosophy about lesson is that once you learned it, why not learn it some more? Faction war isn't even the only thing in regards to which they've been running in circles. AgE oF mOrTaLs is another example.

"This game". In a thread about World of Warcraft. I'm sorry, but do you think the names "World of Warcraft" and "Warcraft: ORCS AND HUMANS" are the same? Or do you think time's stuck since 1994? If so, someone should inform the rest of the world, because my pesky computer shows a different year.
    None of what you said has any point besides trying to deflect from the fact you have no argument. Do you complain about the title of the Lord of the Rings when it was just a single line about a character who never appeared onscreen outside of flashbacks and had like two lines? Nice attempt at deflection, though. You even confused me and made me have to look back at my own writing to try to figure out wth you were talking about.

So let me at least try to understand. You're playing cute with me trying to say it's not 1994 anymore and that the fact that the game which started the franchise had the words Orcs and Humans in the title is somehow not a justification that orcs and humans play a prominent part in the games that come later?

Also look at my last post right above about the concept of lessons.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2019-05-26 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I'm looking forward to fighting Azshara. Legion didn't have this problem because the focus was always on something we could face and beat.

Faction conflict stories have and never will have a satisfying conclusion. If your against the conflict your feel dragged into something you don't feel invested in, and for those for the conflict your never have a sense of fulfillment since factions can't beat one another (though some are still stupid enough to believe it could happen)
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Sylvanas or the Old Gods winning would be fine right now to be honest. I hate Sylvanas ever so slightly less than the rest of the Horde leaders.
    I hate her more then the Old Gods , and i think even wasting such emotion as “hate” on her is my “weak, human psyche” flaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Too much Horde focus /RAAAAAAGE

Too much Alliance focus /RAAAAAAGE

Too much Horde/Alliance focus /RAAAAAAGE

....when that goes away

Too much Legion focus /RAAAAAAGE

Too much Old God focus /RAAAAAAGE

Too much Dragon focus /RAAAAAAGE

Too much AU focus /RAAAAAAGE

(insert your own rage here)
    nobody complained about legion focus. and theres been very little people displeased with old god and dragon focus.

Mostly because we got to have some kind of satisfaction in beating those things.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-05-27 at 12:59 AM.
    #boycottchina

Atleast with Horde vs Alliance the outcome is not sure.
    If we face a old God or NPC faction we always have 100% victory with maybe a few death.
    Atleast with a faction conflict it can go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    If we face a old God or NPC faction we always have 100% victory with maybe a few death.
    With a faction conflict, it will go Status Quo, again.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    No, it just goes nowhere when it's HvA, because Blizzard can't let either side decisively win, no matter how many acts of genocide the Horde carry out, and no matter how hard the Alliance tries to fight back, it's all going to end in a stalemate, which is very unsatisfying.