Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Blizzard does not care about Alliance races that aren't humans. The night elves were just a tool Blizzard used to give the humans a reason to take back Lordaeron. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    They don't care about the Night Elves. They actually said that Tyrande got her "revenge" (lol) and will be abandoning her story as the focus shifts to Azshara. That's the reasoning as of me writing this post, and it's really sad.
    Sadly this is so true. The current Blizzard team does not like Night Elves at all. I think the art team likes making anything Elf related, but the writing team does not like writing anything Elf related. I find the writing team's disservice to the Warcraft Universe by neglect of their two original Elf races just absurd. The Night Elves are a mix of Forgotten Realms Drow with Warhammer Wood Elves, that is such an amazing combination with so many story potentials. Yet it gets dropped time and time again, and filled in with generic hippy shallow imitations of Tolkien elves. The High Elves are very much like their Warhammer inspirations, and the Blood Elves that followed them had such a cool concept behind them. Magic Vampire Elves that we touched on again with the Nightborne. A race of Elves that wanted to be left alone and kept getting pulled back into the world until they were pulled down to a physical state that they had to constantly interact with the world to gain sustenance and survive. Imagine all of the character conflict a writer to work with there. Yet instead we get bad Saturday morning cartoon plots for the characters the writing team actually likes writing about, and the dregs of stories from that pool for anything that is not Jaina/Anduin/Sylvannas/Saurfang/Thrall. I can only imagine the teeth that had to be pulled for Legion, which had the most Elf content in it since WC3.
    Seriously, Drow/Wood Elf hybrid race and culture. They don't live underground, they live on the tallest mountain and later a tree. Women run the society and there is a state religion around a moon goddess who has a very strict form of law, etiquette and is militarized. The men are used largely as muscle or for their talent in nature magic. They have an affinity with the natural world and use that affinity to bolster their already sizable army. That is just the silhouette of Night Elves from WC3, how could someone not see that as a huge canvas to paint a story with? There is a lot of freedom and direction to work with there.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I knew that picture would be posted haha
    What's the source for the sketch?

Not to derail the thread but I think it would be cool after we heal azeroth magni turns back.....not dumb blue
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    What's the source for the sketch?
    I'm fairly certain it's Makani.

https://makanidotdot.tumblr.com/archive

War was brought to her a long time ago, you must have forgot about WoT, Tyrande wasn't a warbringer at all, plus her story seems to be pretty much concluded before she even got to do anything in BFA according to Blizzard.

That would involve them actually giving more than an offhanded glance to night elves.

Seriously, the only thing they've managed to accomplish in the last 14 years of WoW has been repeated failure. I don't like to blame stuff on favoritism or personal author bias but there's almost no denying that there's at least one person on the writing team that really can't stand night elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I'm fairly certain it's Makani.

https://makanidotdot.tumblr.com/archive

I both agree with you and still think the trap she laid for the pursuing Horde forces was pretty damn badass. "You really think I've been running?"

Still wholehearted on the boat of "more Tyrande focus please", we have never had a more justified character to turn full force against the Horde since, well, Jaina herself.

Still, if I had to pick who to lead the charge in Alliance vengeance, it'd be Tyrande.

Saurfang: We have all suffered from her atrocities, blur blur blur...
    Anduin: You're right Saurfang, peace is good, blur blur blur...
    * Tyrande comes in and decapitates Sylvanas in front of everyone *
    Tyrande: It is done. As for the body...burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Sadly this is so true. The current Blizzard team does not like Night Elves at all. I think the art team likes making anything Elf related, but the writing team does not like writing anything Elf related. I find the writing team's disservice to the Warcraft Universe by neglect of their two original Elf races just absurd. The Night Elves are a mix of Forgotten Realms Drow with Warhammer Wood Elves, that is such an amazing combination with so many story potentials. Yet it gets dropped time and time again, and filled in with generic hippy shallow imitations of Tolkien elves. The High Elves are very much like their Warhammer inspirations, and the Blood Elves that followed them had such a cool concept behind them. Magic Vampire Elves that we touched on again with the Nightborne. A race of Elves that wanted to be left alone and kept getting pulled back into the world until they were pulled down to a physical state that they had to constantly interact with the world to gain sustenance and survive. Imagine all of the character conflict a writer to work with there. Yet instead we get bad Saturday morning cartoon plots for the characters the writing team actually likes writing about, and the dregs of stories from that pool for anything that is not Jaina/Anduin/Sylvannas/Saurfang/Thrall. I can only imagine the teeth that had to be pulled for Legion, which had the most Elf content in it since WC3.
    Seriously, Drow/Wood Elf hybrid race and culture. They don't live underground, they live on the tallest mountain and later a tree. Women run the society and there is a state religion around a moon goddess who has a very strict form of law, etiquette and is militarized. The men are used largely as muscle or for their talent in nature magic. They have an affinity with the natural world and use that affinity to bolster their already sizable army. That is just the silhouette of Night Elves from WC3, how could someone not see that as a huge canvas to paint a story with? There is a lot of freedom and direction to work with there.
    Because, as another poster put it quite well, you can't quite picture them in a death metal setting ripping on guitars, and there's quite a few aging metalheads in the writing staff that won't grow the hell up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you expect the 10,000+ year old Night Elven High Priestess and Chosen of Elune to always listen to a 25 year old boy who happens to be his father's son? Bahahahaha
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    We still have a whole lot of expansion to go through. We're just now getting Thrall and Jaina finally returned home. I'm sure there's a lot more to come for her.

Right now she's very powerful, so I'm sure once Azshara fully rises, so will Jaina.
    Tyrande Vs Sylvanas.
    Jaina Vs Azshara is what im hoping for.
    By all rights Jaina should be able to kick Azshara's ass lorewise at this point unless she got some super secret power source we have never been told of(bad lore)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Wait, you expect the 10,000+ year old Night Elven High Priestess and Chosen of Elune to always listen to a 25 year old boy who happens to be his father's son? Bahahahaha
    Yes because they made a decision to join the Alliance. Now when it suddenly became that it was a succession of rule, not sure, but he has the title. They can drop out at any time. Or you know she could disobey and get locked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    To be honest, what I'm smelling is some kind of setup for a Night Elf centered / based expansion, next expansion.

It would tie in with keeping on Azshara as a central villain in next expansion as well as perhaps with some of the Dragon Isles stuff that has been hinted at a few times.

Putting too much focus on NElves right now would otherwise have people moaning about it being "World of Nelfcraft" next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

And considering Jaina needed to wait a whole 3 expansions to try and get her revenge in-game, we probably shouldn't be too impatient with Tyrande's storyline either.
    Azshara deserves to die in a way that was worse than Ysera got. She is one of the most head canon inducing characters. Then again Illidan got to come back and somehow be the center of attention.

I agree 200% that Tyrande need a big spotlight in this expansion.

BUT i think Jaina was a good choice because she was part of bringing the Kultirans again into the Alliance.

I wish we can make enough noise to force Blizzard to put Tyrande in Nazjatar.

Tyrand had a small part in Legion, she has a small part in BFA, when Tyrande is going to do anything cool?

I am in this with Bellular, Tyrande and her vengeance corruption will become key post BfA. Hence she is kept out of the fight against Azshara, she could get some positive vibes from the horde, which would hamper Tyrande going on a murderous rampage probably as a result of whatever Sylvanas pulls in 8.3.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    We still have a whole lot of expansion to go through. We're just now getting Thrall and Jaina finally returned home. I'm sure there's a lot more to come for her.

Right now she's very powerful, so I'm sure once Azshara fully rises, so will Jaina.
    Tyrande Vs Sylvanas.
    Jaina Vs Azshara is what im hoping for.
    Yeah but those fights should be switched tyrande had so much more to do with azshara lore wise

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    I am in this with Bellular, Tyrande and her vengeance corruption will become key post BfA. Hence she is kept out of the fight against Azshara, she could get some positive vibes from the horde, which would hamper Tyrande going on a murderous rampage probably as a result of whatever Sylvanas pulls in 8.3.
    While I wouldn't put turning Tyrande into a bad guy past Blizzard, I'm still leaning into the ending where she makes up with Saurfang and forgives the Horde, which is also hot garbage mind, just hot garbage congruent with their end goal of uniting the factions.

That and there's no words to describe the degree of narrative copout that it'll be for the Alliance to be paragons of morality who to a man want to make peace with the Horde and blame only Sylvanas for everything despite unending evidence to the contrary...right until the end. Where once the (morally) grey woman is removed the ones with the most justified grievances against the whole of the Horde turn into baddies to make the noblesavage squad and Anduin's 'we must heal the Horde' nonsense look good.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-05-31 at 10:08 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    While I wouldn't put turning Tyrande into a bad guy past Blizzard, I'm still leaning into the ending where she makes up with Saurfang and forgives the Horde, which is also hot garbage mind, just hot garbage congruent with their end goal of uniting the factions.
    Ranks right down there with "The pandas have suffered the most!". Still, Lord knows the history of the franchise is nothing but forgiving the Horde's latest chimp out and pretending they were just misled.

That and there's no words to describe the degree of narrative copout that it'll be for the Alliance to be paragons of morality who to a man want to make peace with the Horde and blame only Sylvanas for everything despite unending evidence to the contrary...right until the end. Where once the (morally) grey woman is removed the ones with the most justified grievances against the whole of the Horde turn into baddies to make the noblesavage squad and Anduin's 'we must heal the Horde' nonsense look good.
    My money is still on Kerrigan, so long as Danuser is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Ranks right down there with "The pandas have suffered the most!". Still, Lord knows the history of the franchise is nothing but forgiving the Horde's latest chimp out and pretending they were just misled.
    The Legion Garrosh Time-travelling dragons Sylvanas made me do it, officer, I'm a good boy.

My money is still on Kerrigan, so long as Danuser is there.
    Danuser strikes me more as the "I'll die with my waifu" type. He approved of the GoT ending, so if we're expecting a wholesale rip-off then Nathanos will tearfully stab her and then bail. Which doesn't work for me. Nathanos should be protecting the Forsaken from contracting Calia-itis.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Danuser strikes me more as the "I'll die with my waifu" type. He approved of the GoT ending, so if we're expecting a wholesale rip-off then Nathanos will tearfully stab her and then bail. Which doesn't work for me. Nathanos should be protecting the Forsaken from contracting Calia-itis.
    But Forsaken contracting Cala-itis is the best way for them to become subjected to the Unification. So anything protecting them from it is heretical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But Forsaken contracting Cala-itis is the best way for them to become subjected to the Unification. So anything protecting them from it is heretical.
    It's true. I disgraced myself by rejecting Calia. I'll be sure to roll another tauren warrior to repent.