Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    It's kind of irrelevant. Blizzard is a company that should think about what's best for their own game. They're the game designers, not a vocal minority on the forums.

I quit because I accepted that their direction for the game isn't the same as what I want from an MMORPG. The people who complain about social interaction should've done the same.
    Stop laying all the blame on Blizzard and other people. Want a better community? Start by being more helpful and courteous to others, regardless who they are, how good they are etc. Start by talking to them.

Blizzard can't make people talk to each other. They can't make people greet you like a best friend every time they see you. They provided the environment. Raids and dungeons and guilds.

I get the feeling that people are waiting for others to do the talking rather doing it themselves.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Just cut the number of realms and offer free character transfers to the remaining ones. We don't need 50,000 realms anymore.
    This would be healthy for the game and enable the forming of server communites once again (provided Blizzard abandons the CRZ tech). Most servers are dead on at least one side (A/H) anyways. And people won't quit over minor consequences like character names.

Stop laying all the blame on Blizzard and other people. Want a better community? Start by being more helpful and courteous to others, regardless who they are, how good they are etc. Start by talking to them.

Blizzard can't make people talk to each other. They can't make people greet you like a best friend every time they see you. They provided the environment. Raids and dungeons and guilds.
    Lol. How naive can you be? Of course Blizzard can and they did in classic/BC. And people won't be helpful, nice and polite without an incentive. It's simply a fact.

This response reminds me of when any change is proposed and people try to find the most niche issue with the change. If you rolled on a low pop server, than that's on you. Being flagged for a name change is hardly an issue.

I don't know in what world you believe we need MORE realms when there are so many dead servers. Full servers have better economies, better players and stronger guilds. No one wants to be on low pop servers
    Id love to be on a low pop server, therefore your argument such as it is, is invalid. I care nothing for "better" economies, players, or guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    It's not irrelevant, especially when people cry about "devs don't listen to us"

They do, and you cry anyway.

More than anything, wow has enjoyed 15+ years of stability. It's actually insane for an IP to not have a downward trend after a few years, and as an IP with a subscription cost, 15 years is amazing.

The quote "you think you do, but you don't" will always ring home. people will see it as dev arrogance but again, what happened when devs listened?
    Careful with saying this kind of thing around here. It would imply that there's a possibility that what the players are saying is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Retconning/rewriting BfA's entire story (just say everything from the pre-launch patch to now was a non-canon nightmare our characters had or something...BfA's story is one of few situations where I'd be okay with something like that) and doing away with the Azerite system would be a good start.
    BfA's story isn't even bad. You guys are just salty that you're probably gonna lose your undead waifu by the end of the expansion.
    Last edited by Walross; 2019-05-31 at 07:05 PM.

Just cut the number of realms and offer free character transfers to the remaining ones. We don't need 50,000 realms anymore.
    Again, connected realms and sharding make this pointless. Moving everyone to the same physical realm is not going top change a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post

I get the feeling that people are waiting for others to do the talking rather doing it themselves.
    Applying personal responsibility to a community is short-sighted. I tried for years to foster good server community and I was a well-known name on my fairly small server...until Blizzard shot server communities in the jugular, my server died and I, like everyone else, was forced to move to a bigger server to start raiding again.
    I was one of the people that actually tried to keep the community alive. I can tell you with complete confidence that the slow death of server and guild communities is at the fault of nobody but the designers of an increasingly unfriendly and competitive game that no longer asks anyone to interact or make connections of any sort.

I call it as I see it. Blizzard has stood by while things like mass server exodus and an increasingly antisocial and hostile playerbase fostered and hasn't taken a single action to change it. You can't just boil down the death of WoW's community to "it's the player's fault!"
    The player works within the constraints of the game. A game like Destiny will never have the same community as a game like World of Warcraft did because Destiny's gameplay never demands cooperation from players beyond the most basic of ideas. WoW has moved to being designed much more like a Destiny and much less like an actual RPG and the community suffered for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    This would be healthy for the game and enable the forming of server communites once again (provided Blizzard abandons the CRZ tech). Most servers are dead on at least one side (A/H) anyways. And people won't quit over minor consequences like character names.

Lol. How naive can you be? Of course Blizzard can and they did in classic/BC. And people won't be helpful, nice and polite without an incentive. It's simply a fact.
    The only one being naive is you. You CANNOT force people to talk to other and to be courteous to others. You CANNOT make a server community by reducing the number of realms because of point one. You are living in a complete fantasy land that will never be reality.

- - - Updated - - -

I was one of the people that actually tried to keep the community alive. I can tell you with complete confidence that the slow death of server and guild communities is at the fault of nobody but the designers of an increasingly unfriendly and competitive game that no longer asks anyone to interact or make connections of any sort.

I call it as I see it. Blizzard has stood by while things like mass server exodus and an increasingly antisocial and hostile playerbase fostered and hasn't taken a single action to change it. You can't just boil down the death of WoW's community to "it's the player's fault!"
    The player works within the constraints of the game. A game like Destiny will never have the same community as a game like World of Warcraft did because Destiny's gameplay never demands cooperation from players beyond the most basic of ideas. WoW has moved to being designed much more like a Destiny and much less like an actual RPG and the community suffered for it.
    ALl complete nonsense. THe game NEVER asked for people to communicate. The players did that on their own. YOu CANNOT force players to communicate and socialize anymore. Forcing players to do so wioll just cause them to quit. The player base is not what it was 15 years ago. Therefore it absolutely is on the players for the lack of community. The majority doesn't want one and nothing the game does will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoodKazekage View Post
    I think alot of WoWs problems started with CRZ and LFG , we lost our sense of community and stopped interacting with our fellow players.
    What if BFA had no CRZ or LFG? Do you believe this would be better or worst?

Me personally I don't mind LFG but i do hate CRZ as i don't play with anyone from my realm and it seems like no one interacts anymore you just do your WQ and fly out without a word

Edit: What do you guys think of one big mega server?
    No. I have no intrest in spending 30-60 min finding a random person I will never talk to again. The ONLY thing that changed with LFG was the time it took to find random people.

If you want to play with people you know, you play with your guild mates just like you always did.

this entire point would be moot if blizz did the only thing they shouldve done since they added in Sharding and phasing tech. MEGA SERVERS!. We do not need servers anymore. Theyre pointless with all the CRZ, Sharding and shit going on. So what they should do is combine all the servers together. Once and for all. Increase the shard capacity and boom. thousands of people everywhere.

Also RP server will need to be its own server. So 2 servers per Region. Regular Mega server and RP Mega Server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No. I have no intrest in spending 30-60 min finding a random person I will never talk to again. The ONLY thing that changed with LFG was the time it took to find random people.

If you want to play with people you know, you play with your guild mates just like you always did.
    FACTS! You want community get into a guild thats how its always been

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The only one being naive is you. You CANNOT force people to talk to other and to be courteous to others. You CANNOT make a server community by reducing the number of realms because of point one. You are living in a complete fantasy land that will never be reality.

- - - Updated - - -

ALl complete nonsense. THe game NEVER asked for people to communicate. The players did that on their own. YOu CANNOT force players to communicate and socialize anymore. Forcing players to do so wioll just cause them to quit. The player base is not what it was 15 years ago. Therefore it absolutely is on the players for the lack of community. The majority doesn't want one and nothing the game does will change that.
    People here live in a fantasy world and glorify vanilla into something it wasnt. also they understand jack shit about human psychology lol Theyre all just on the hype train until it crashes and burns

Well no shit you can't force people to communicate anymore. That's not even what I'm saying. Do you even get the context of my post?

I'm saying that Blizzard changing the design of the game - not just CRZ and LFG, but the removal of buffs, class synergies, professions being worth a damn, LFR, all of it - has been a slow burn on mandatory cooperation to complete content. Players didn't just magically become unsocial because cultural change, other MMORPGs prove that dead wrong and you wouldn't actually believe that unless you've only ever played WoW.
    Blizzard's own design philosophy is at least strongly influential in the slow burn of the game's social systems. I don't see how anyone could even disagree with this looking at retail now and comparing it to what the game was like back as recent as MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Player base is not a single minded hive. There are players with all kinds of opinions. "Player base requested" is not an excuse for anything.
    This is a concept that's lost on like 90% of the people on this forum, give up while you're ahead. So many people in the WoW community can't seem to grasp that it isn't just a huge hivemind that they and their small group of friends disagree with.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-05-31 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    this entire point would be moot if blizz did the only thing they shouldve done since they added in Sharding and phasing tech. MEGA SERVERS!. We do not need servers anymore. Theyre pointless with all the CRZ, Sharding and shit going on. So what they should do is combine all the servers together. Once and for all. Increase the shard capacity and boom. thousands of people everywhere.

Also RP server will need to be its own server. So 2 servers per Region. Regular Mega server and RP Mega Server.

- - - Updated - - -

FACTS! You want community get into a guild thats how its always been
    Well, actually I'd say you want players to play the way they want to. With the current system that works. Guilds are for people that want to play with the same people over and over again and LFG is for thoes that don't or for thoes times when you need and extra hand to fill out your group.

The current system is great and while the CRZ is a tad odd and one large server would be better I guess Blizzard just makes money from transfers so why remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Player base is not a single minded hive. There are players with all kinds of opinions. "Player base requested" is not an excuse for anything.
    This is precisely why "Blizzard doesn't listen to its playerbase" is total bullshit.

No x-realm, then i would hunt for time lost dragon again and other mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, actually I'd say you want players to play the way they want to. With the current system that works. Guilds are for people that want to play with the same people over and over again and LFG is for thoes that don't or for thoes times when you need and extra hand to fill out your group.

The current system is great and while the CRZ is a tad odd and one large server would be better I guess Blizzard just makes money from transfers so why remove it.
    awww damn i didnt think about the transfer money! ugh -_-

If BfA had no Cross Realm Zones or LFG(Cross realm match making) you'd be playing a single player game, you'd be lucky if you'd have 7 people at your realm at the same time, good luck in trying to do a raid like that.

It's not CRZ or LFG that are the issues with BfA, I wish people would stop blaming those about everything.
    The expansion just sucks donkey balls, plain and simple, in mostly everyway;

-HoA is bad (Don't come yelling, that 8.2 will fix this, it will add more random procs with one active ability, that you can use once in a full moon... Wow...)
    -Classes are horrible (8.2 will not fix this)
    -M+ got turned into more annoying (Granted, season 2 Reaping is way much more fun, than season 1 (insert random crapname here)
    -PvP is just a zerg-fest (ability prunning anyone)
    -Raids are Ok, but classes are so mind bogglingly dull, that even they are not fun
    -Outdoor content is thrown out the window after 2 weeks

So CRZ and LFG really have nothing to do with these (MY) main issues.

Well no shit you can't force people to communicate anymore. That's not even what I'm saying. Do you even get the context of my post?

I'm saying that Blizzard changing the design of the game - not just CRZ and LFG, but the removal of buffs, class synergies, professions being worth a damn, LFR, all of it - has been a slow burn on mandatory cooperation to complete content. Players didn't just magically become unsocial because cultural change, other MMORPGs prove that dead wrong and you wouldn't actually believe that unless you've only ever played WoW.
    Blizzard's own design philosophy is at least strongly influential in the slow burn of the game's social systems. I don't see how anyone could even disagree with this looking at retail now and comparing it to what the game was like back as recent as MoP.

This is a concept that's lost on like 90% of the people on this forum, give up while you're ahead. So many people in the WoW community can't seem to grasp that it isn't just a huge hivemind that they and their small group of friends disagree with.
    YOu are missing my point. The players who play to day laregly aren't the same people who played 15 years ago. The players back then would communicate and socialize regardless of what was in the game. The new players that would come along after those players leftg did not want to communicate and wouldn't regardless of what was in the game. Content in game didn't ruin communities, the change of the players in the player base did.

10+ Year Old Account
    The players back then would communicate and socialize regardless of what was in the game. The new players that would come along after those players leftg did not want to communicate and wouldn't regardless of what was in the game.
    New players likely still would but will soon learn otherwise. Players that have been around for a while know everything and assume a certain base level of knowledge in others that makes things efficient and....well, quiet.

There are few new players and I'm relatively certain that they learn to play WoW as a solo game or they leave. I also think that's been true for a few years now.

You are correct in that forcing players to be social is a waste of everyone's time and will just lead to more people pulling back to either being solo or playing solely with people they know (that's me). They will refuse to engage with a community that would sooner call you a moron and a fuckwit than ever be helpful.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-31 at 08:25 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've loved the LFG system since it was first implemented as it makes it much easier and MUCH less time consuming to look for a group. Although I've come to the point where I hate the CRZ. It's getting to the point where it's affecting gameplay like fucking up my latency and just like OP said it's like playing with a bunch of ghosts.

The servers need to go back to either being independent servers or at most joined with ONE other server like they used to have it years ago like when my server Gnomeregan was joined with the Moonrunner server. I miss having that comfy community feel and getting to know one another as if they're your next door neighbor.

I enjoyed spamming Trade for hours trying to get a group, only to have another group snipe the people from my group. Or somebody bailing because we can't summon them instantly.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    yes but TBH, they'd need to merge servers into one mega server to pull this off (that's been overdue for years tho)
    They don't want to deal with the headache of people fighting over player and guild names. My main's name isn't that common and it still has over 20 copies of me.