Thread: Farming & Sales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We'll I dont wanna shill my link in bio (which you can ofc check out and scroll a bit down to find my last AH video..), but yes, what you said is correct. I mostly make gold with LW (got old recipes since Im vanilla main LW) and with JC. Its like 75?% current items or legion stuff I make my gold on I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish I was that smart. I hate when thats the case, defiantly see it on my server :P I just buy when its cheap enough, but never buy out the entire stock, so prices can stay low. Only times I "reset" prices is when few items are listed...say MOP leg enchants from LW, I make a killing on thoes (As does many btw, great source) since ppl still enchant heirlooms or twinks.
    I dunno which JC things your selling, but it's essentially useless for gold making. All current blues are cheap, under 100g at best. The most expensive thing i saw was raw red gems (blue quality), around 400g. To be fair, I've only checked the current gem market superficially.

The last thing I was making good money — to me anyway— was mithril bars.
    When i quit the game months ago they were dirt cheap. For a couple weeks after i returned, was managing to sell stacks of 20 for 460g and, briefly, for 700ish g.

Then come in the undercutters bringing it down back to between 200—400.
    I literally don't understand these people. Maybe they're out for a quick buck. But that can't be, these usually just put up one single stack.

But the market is so small that you can do what you want. I was selling them comfortably for 700g and then someone comes in, puts up 5 auctions at 400 or smth. I actually whispered them, politely and friendly, smth like "hey man, i was selling these for X amount quite well, there's no reason to undercut for that much".

And mithril farming is easy and quick enough.

Same goes for my example in the OP. Months ago 200x whiptail was like 6—7k, now they have it at 3k. Also the same with ghost iron bars, used to go for like 8 to 12k.

Oh and we are in the same server. I checked your legion ah video

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    If you want profession gold, I'd suggest trying to find some direct suppliers for herbs, say AH price -10-15%, they get guaranteed sale and no AH commission loss, you save money. Put the herbs in to flasks, list the flasks and try to do that consistently. It's very low effort profit, you can do it mostly between an AH and a mailbox too so you have that going for you.
    You also need to get alchy tool of the trade and fish for the extra proc buff (instead of that stupid teleportation stone I get about 70-80% of the time I use the item). Not using it while crafting flasks / pots is a waste of potential.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I dunno which JC things your selling, but it's essentially useless for gold making.
    There's 2 things but it's really server dependent whether there's a good market or not.
    - twink gems from old expansions (tbc / wotlk mostly)
    - panther mounts (rep locked and 20k+ investment up front for crafting one)

I remember when some guildies of mine were doing herald of the titans I had to cut them tons of old expac gems because you can't use the new ones on low lvl items, and crap was overpriced as hell on the AH. So IF these sell, the people who listed them will make tons of profit. The question is how many people actually twink for pvp or pve purposes and how often they're inclined to buy from the AH at hiked prices instead of doing what my guildies did, find a friend / guildy jc and get it for free.

Folks have so many alts, they can cover most of their trade skill needs on their own.

Honestly, the only re-occurring items folks need are pots, and maybe respec tomes, so herbs are probably the only thing left that might have any kind of resale value.

I saw someone yesterday 5 boxing herb picking. The level of control was pretty astounding, he or she was playing 5 druids, and they all converged and picked the plant at the same time.

On the other hand, that guy is paying $75 a month to farm herbs? Thanks but no thanks.

- P

I dunno which JC things your selling, but it's essentially useless for gold making. All current blues are cheap, under 100g at best. The most expensive thing i saw was raw red gems (blue quality), around 400g. To be fair, I've only checked the current gem market superficially.

The last thing I was making good money — to me anyway— was mithril bars.
    When i quit the game months ago they were dirt cheap. For a couple weeks after i returned, was managing to sell stacks of 20 for 460g and, briefly, for 700ish g.

Then come in the undercutters bringing it down back to between 200—400.
    I literally don't understand these people. Maybe they're out for a quick buck. But that can't be, these usually just put up one single stack.

But the market is so small that you can do what you want. I was selling them comfortably for 700g and then someone comes in, puts up 5 auctions at 400 or smth. I actually whispered them, politely and friendly, smth like "hey man, i was selling these for X amount quite well, there's no reason to undercut for that much".

And mithril farming is easy and quick enough.

Same goes for my example in the OP. Months ago 200x whiptail was like 6—7k, now they have it at 3k. Also the same with ghost iron bars, used to go for like 8 to 12k.

Oh and we are in the same server. I checked your legion ah video
    Since...well WOD, when I started making good gold (Not on missions, but on the mats you get from missions work orders etc), I just made the useal current gear. The 310 rings are still fine for me, so thats what JC has been for me in BFA. But yes, wish the rings was upgraded to 340 =/

Anywho JC was more fun (but time consuming) when ore shuffling was a thing. Back then I also made enchants, but never make that now ever in years.

LW is just such a good gold income for me. Its great, but I guess its also due to my insane collection (I have litterally all recipes ever, missing a few...its something I collect like achievements). But the 340 gear is still great to sell for ppl lvling new alts etc who wanna boost quickly to 325+.

On my hord side thats kinda dead the prices are insane on the 340 gear...wether sales is good, I dunno, but daaaaamn you could make a killing. These 340 items cost like...1k gold to make, maybe only 600g, and if you can sell them for atleast 1k and up to 6k....well thats where my gold is.

Anywho my theory on gold making is; It has to be easy, not time consuming or to annoying. So expoulsoms I throw a YT podcast on or w/e and start crafting thoes 300-500 bracers of boredom, or when I list items I just try to be speedy and maybe not re-check my mats list every day. I have "BFA mats list" and a "Old mats list" I go through.

A good example is cutting items that dont sell fast enough; I have made Molten core items (resist gear) for years, but recently stopped making most of the items...they sell to slow, even if profit can be good.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2019-06-02 at 09:41 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Since...well WOD, when I started making good gold (Not on missions, but on the mats you get from missions work orders etc), I just made the useal current gear. The 310 rings are still fine for me, so thats what JC has been for me in BFA. But yes, wish the rings was upgraded to 340 =/

Anywho JC was more fun (but time consuming) when ore shuffling was a thing. Back then I also made enchants, but never make that now ever in years.

LW is just such a good gold income for me. Its great, but I guess its also due to my insane collection (I have litterally all recipes ever, missing a few...its something I collect like achievements). But the 340 gear is still great to sell for ppl lvling new alts etc who wanna boost quickly to 325+.

On my hord side thats kinda dead the prices are insane on the 340 gear...wether sales is good, I dunno, but daaaaamn you could make a killing. These 340 items cost like...1k gold to make, maybe only 600g, and if you can sell them for atleast 1k and up to 6k....well thats where my gold is.

Anywho my theory on gold making is; It has to be easy, not time consuming or to annoying. So expoulsoms I throw a YT podcast on or w/e and start crafting thoes 300-500 bracers of boredom, or when I list items I just try to be speedy and maybe not re-check my mats list every day. I have "BFA mats list" and a "Old mats list" I go through.

A good example is cutting items that dont sell fast enough; I have made Molten core items (resist gear) for years, but recently stopped making most of the items...they sell to slow, even if profit can be good.
    On the JC rings, you mean the BFA ones? If that's the case, you see, that's just hard to believable - not in the sense that you're lying - because within an hour of dinging 120 you get access to world quests that may (or not) reward rings which baseline ilvl is 315, so why would people bother paying 1k or whatever for a ring?

Personally, I never liked buying mats and selling the craftables, nor buying a whole section of stuff and relisting at higher a price. I don't enjoy the risk. I know it's far less time consumable, but I do enjoy going out and farming herbs or ore and selling that. I mean, I kinda just did that while trying to level alchemy to get flasks, but then I didn't knew these Blizzard dimwits locked my TBC earned flask proc chance behind the 3rd level -.-

The thing with old crafted gear is, like you said, time. The price might be good but it may take up to a month to sell something. I crafted a few pieces of the Radiant set (vanilla green) and it's just sitting there on my bags.

On the JC rings, you mean the BFA ones? If that's the case, you see, that's just hard to believable - not in the sense that you're lying - because within an hour of dinging 120 you get access to world quests that may (or not) reward rings which baseline ilvl is 315, so why would people bother paying 1k or whatever for a ring?

Personally, I never liked buying mats and selling the craftables, nor buying a whole section of stuff and relisting at higher a price. I don't enjoy the risk. I know it's far less time consumable, but I do enjoy going out and farming herbs or ore and selling that. I mean, I kinda just did that while trying to level alchemy to get flasks, but then I didn't knew these Blizzard dimwits locked my TBC earned flask proc chance behind the 3rd level -.-

The thing with old crafted gear is, like you said, time. The price might be good but it may take up to a month to sell something. I crafted a few pieces of the Radiant set (vanilla green) and it's just sitting there on my bags.
    There are no risk. I have all items prices in my head...A great example of a crafted item I've prolly made...well 500k? pure profit on over the years is the cobra scale helms from TBC...wotlk?, ppl buy them for transmog. Some time ago there was this prolly bot infestation where ppl sold cobra leather really cheap, so bought like 400 scales back then. So now I just need to check for primal fire, primal earth and so on on the AH. Hope ppl dont undercut me to heavy and then make like 3-20k profit.

My best example is maybe Stormshroud set. Funny thing happend yesterday where one in trade was LF crafter, and same time other guy whispered me wanting to buy 1 of the items...the gloves. Such a weird fucking set...I dont get transmog ppl, but they eat it up like icecream on a hot summer day.

The 310 rings always sold for me. Back was it in december, I guess before 8.1 I could make a killing some times on the rings during 1-3 days when prices resets new again. Again they cost like...600g-1k gold to make, and if you sell 8-13 rings a day (Common on a good day) for 2-9k gold each...Actually 2 days ago I reset the prices on 2 kinds of them aka bought all the last cheap once (like 10 rings) left, and then just made more and re-listed the once I bought for a higher price...Its not as good as before, but still OK...Again you ding with Ilvl 297...World quests dont give that good 325-350 gear fast without ppl boosting it with fast Boe's

I always have like 300 items listed on the AH. Its about also being invested in many different items. Small drops of water creates big oceans.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2019-06-02 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell you, the market for old world mats and craftables is horrendus right now. Not much is selling and when it does it's at crap prices cause of all the undercutters.

Maybe old ore and bars sell, like elementium, ghost iron or vanilla ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go again...

So JC is finally able to make some decent coin from gems and these idiots are undercutting each other by margins of 500-1000g....

Here we go again...

So JC is finally able to make some decent coin from gems and these idiots are undercutting each other by margins of 500-1000g....
    It was never gonna last anyway. Gems are not in demand, even if benthic gear rolls with sockets. I liked ore shuffling in cata etc etc, but its over...Blizzard killed it with nails.

PS I fear the 370 gear is also gonna be hit badly by benthic gear...well see =/