Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    You should try our busses. At 6'2 I barely fit in those spaces.
    Buses are completely retarded. I'm also 6'2'' and I need to rush to get into the few seats I can barely fit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    Flat out incorrect in the first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I just got a SUV, one of the mid range ones even. I never want to enter a fucking sedan ever, fucking midget cars, burn in hell.
    An S class is not a midget car... sedans drive better....

no, some people have back issues, and having a taller car makes it easier for them to get in and out of a car, and proper SUV are defo better for offroad than a sedan

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its not about size, its about engine. V8 sedan will pollute more than small SUV.

Just tax per engine size, like its done in many countries already. That would discourage people from buying cars with huge polluting engines. Tax anything over 2 litres into oblivion, tax V6 and V8 so much that manufacturers would abandon those engines.
    This is already done via fuel taxes, and to a lesser extent, gas guzzler tax.

What actually needs to happen is that fuel taxes should largely be removed, and "road use" taxation should be based on a vehicle's weight x how many miles it traveled that year. If nothing else, this gets EV owners paying their fair share of road use.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Or tax per gas consumption. Literally the only thing that matters.

Add tax to the price of gasoline/diesel and don't tax based on size. Tadah, problem solved.
    in europe registration cost is calculated based on CO2 emission
    Last edited by valky94; 2019-06-03 at 12:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P for Pancetta View Post
    You should go to the US and drive around a bit, their roads are absolute garbage and maintenance is extremely rare.
    That is not true. Some places are worse then others for sure. But even the small two lane road in front of my rural homestead, gets taken care of pretty well. They repaved the whole thing about 3 years ago.

And no thanks OP. Not going to happen. SUV's are becoming more popular as time passes. We got a 2015 Nissan Rogue AWD new that year and absolutely love it. Gets good gas mileage, ( best we have got is 34.8 mpg, with 30 about the average ) is awesome in the snow, has comfortable seats, handles well and lots of room. I use to have to plow our 200 foot long driveway when we got more than 3" of snow. Not anymore. The Rogue has no problems handling a foot of snow on it we know.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is already done via fuel taxes, and to a lesser extent, gas guzzler tax.

What actually needs to happen is that fuel taxes should largely be removed, and "road use" taxation should be based on a vehicle's weight x how many miles it traveled that year. If nothing else, this gets EV owners paying their fair share of road use.
    This was the only smart thing to happen in Minnesota this year. They are adding another fee to EV and hybrid drivers since they don't pay the gas tax
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

They are bigger than regular cars without being able to go offroad better than a regular car. The only good thing about them is that they are spacious, but so are hatchbacks.
    Should probably leave the conversation about cars to the people that actually know about cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Or tax per gas consumption. Literally the only thing that matters.

Add tax to the price of gasoline/diesel and don't tax based on size. Tadah, problem solved.
    OR create a better exhaust system that can better reduce emissions and also conserve performance

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you’re saying a Toyota Camry off-roads the same as a Jeep wrangler rubicon or a similar suv?

Yeah no thats dumb.

Cars and suvs have a weight range of 2500 lbs to say 9500 pounds for the largest SUVs. In the US roads are usually rated to 80,000 pounds for an 18 wheel tractor-trailer combo. Roads are damaged primarily due to weather (freezing and thawing) and the ground they’re placed on giving out.

They could be damaged by chance that a truck could be over-weight for its class. Thus putting more weight on the ground per-wheel, and because not all roads are designed for the 80,000 weight rating. 50,000 pounds on an 18 wheel truck has less of an impact than if it’s on 6 wheel smaller flatbed truck.

Tell that to my shitty Saturn Ion I finally got rid of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    At 166 cm I've had trouble with space for legs with some seats in busses. It's like they're made for children.
    or it's like they're made for the AVERAGE person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Buses are completely retarded. I'm also 6'2'' and I need to rush to get into the few seats I can barely fit lol.
    oh yes busses are retarded just because you can't fit into them because your way taller than the average person. OH NOS.

banning suv's just to watch you two throw a shitfit would be worth it.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-06-03 at 01:01 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, humans arent very efficient either. All we do is consume and output waste. I think we should start there before we go blaming vehicles for anything.

I could see a limit on SUV size or something over in the UK where roads and cities are more compact and tightly spaced. The US is 40 times the size of the UK so whats the point of having a nimble tiny mini or other UKish car when we primarily drive on straight open roads in the middle of nowhere. Bring on the SUVs if you can afford them. and for those crying about pollution, most modern SUVs and Trucks have far more efficient engines than %80 of the sedans out there currently (obviously not compared to a modern small sedan like my wifes civic). I drive a 2011 Altima and modern v8 truck gets better millage than my car..

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    or it's like they're made for the AVERAGE person.

- - - Updated - - -

oh yes busses are retarded just because you can't fit into them because your way taller than the average person. OH NOS.

banning suv's just to watch you two throw a shitfit would be worth it.
    dude, 166cm isnt avarage (atleast not in the west), its below. if he/she is strugling with leg space in a bus, then its 100% the manufacturers fault

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Why should they be banned exactly?
    Well they increase the risk of death for everyone who is not in an SUV.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I don't think they should be banned, but maybe if you drive an SUV or will, they should teach you an extra bit of defensive driving during drivers ed. SUV's are safer for the occupants inside, but a danger to any other smaller vehicle on the road when driven poorly.

I know, any vehicle can be that weapon driven wrong, but SUV's carry more weight and power behind them so an escalade hitting you at 60 mph is gonna be about 3x the kinetic energy damage of a honda civic hitting u at 60 mph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Becasue they are bigger? I dont understand really xD If you dont like it just ride smaller car?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    We should ban people who try to stick their noses into things that arent their business such as yourself and by banning I mean removing their right to vote. Doing this would improve things in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    We should ban people who try to stick their noses into things that arent their business such as yourself and by banning I mean removing their right to vote. Doing this would improve things in the world.
    Well, one could argue it is their business when a soccer mom runs a red light/stop sign and t-bones someone causing vastly more damage then someone in a smaller car would.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.