Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    While WotLK was the catalyst of everything bad with retail, BfA is just so bad that literally everyone I know quit. WoD atleast had enjoyable class gameplay (relative to BfA) and was decent at the start with some nice ideas.
    The only good thing in WoD was the day it ended.but you are correct that WotLK was the beginning of the end; it was an abyss al expansion too.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Attunements were nothing more than gatekeeping to keep the players playing. It didn't make anything feel significant because all it did was keep people who didn't grind shit away from raids and dungeons. As I said, PvE has ALWAYS been piss easy in WoW. There has never been a time where it was actually difficult. Classic was only viewed as difficult because nobody knew what they were doing. Up until higher end raids in TBC, the PvE was incredibly easy too. And raids were NOT cleared in 24 hours wtf? As for achievements causing people to pick and choose who they take along, I can agree there. Though before achievements we had things like "I heard you said this thing in this one dungeon. Even though I wasn't there, I'm friends with the person who told me so I believe them. Find a different group." And gear score literally has NOTHING to do with achievements. Though after your comment about saying WoD is somehow better than BfA, I guess there really is no reasoning with you.
    You dont have any idea what you are even talking about, ALL RAIDS ON WotLK LAUNCH WERE CLEARED DAY 1 https://www.method.gg/raid-history/wotlk

There is no reasoning with someone who doesnt even KNOW what they are talking about ahahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I hope you are joking. Everything that can be objectively compared between BfA and WoD was worse off (or similar in the best case) in WoD.
    No, class gameplay was superior and the start of WoD was objectively better. While I agree WoD was a shit show that made me quit aswell it was still vastly superior to BfA

You dont have any idea what you are even talking about, ALL RAIDS ON WotLK LAUNCH WERE CLEARED DAY 1

There is no reasoning with someone who doesnt even KNOW what they are talking about ahahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

No, class gameplay was superior and the start of WoD was objectively better. While I agree WoD was a shit show that made me quit aswell it was still vastly superior to BfA
    You're both right and wrong, it wasn't cleared day 1 of expansion release but it was cleared day 1 of raid being entered, no guild had 25 80's on day 1 of wotlk release, it took time for people to actually level from 70-80. Most people were still wearing sunwell gear when they cleared it. There was a mage though who got to 80 in like 5 hours or something though i am sure, but i think it was a beta exploit can't find the information on it.
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-06-04 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    The fact that anyone (let alone the majority) picked WoD over Cata leads me to believe that a lot of newer players are voting. Cata was a dumpster fire in just about every way following BC and Wrath, and it hasn't exactly aged well either. What a shit xpac.
    Played since vanilla (started in 2006) and I still think favorably of Cata. I rate it above WoD, MoP, and BFA. To me Cataclysm was the pinnacle of class design, I loved rated BGs, and the guild implementation was cool to do with friends. The only downside to Cata was the amount of resources they spent on the 1-60 revamp that led to a lack of content to a degree, but it still had more content than WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD. Was super hyped by Blizzard. But they waste so much developers time for shitty things like obnoxious Ashran content and awful garrison (kind a homeing but without any customization). Wasted content like a bladespire citadel etc. WoD was very good designed as artistic but gameplay and lore was shit as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    So WoD is superior because YOU liked class design better and the first 2 weeks were not complete trash. (and then everyone ran out of content for 2 years)
    OK

Gonna have to say Legion because it introduced world quests/titanforging and deleted my forever main spec survival hunter from the game. Definitely not still salty about it...

You dont have any idea what you are even talking about, ALL RAIDS ON WotLK LAUNCH WERE CLEARED DAY 1 https://www.method.gg/raid-history/wotlk

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't say launch raids. You said ALL raids. Yeah Naxx was cleared quickly but literally every other raid was not cleared day one. But once again, it's impossible to reason with someone who thinks that WoD was vastly superior to BfA. At least BfA hasn't removed massive amounts of content, hasn't had gigantic content droughts, and doesn't have dumb as hell time travel bull shit lore.

I hope you are joking. Everything that can be objectively compared between BfA and WoD was worse off (or similar in the best case) in WoD.
    WoD's class design was way better than BfA's, but that is about it.

So WoD is superior because YOU liked class design better and the first 2 weeks were not complete trash. (and then everyone ran out of content for 2 years)
    OK
    WoD had Shadow orbs, Clarity of Power, Spectral Guise and no Voidform, it absolutely beats BFA and Legion for me as well.

You're hard pushed to find bad specs in WoD, there were only a couple really whereas these days its the complete opposite and you're hard pushed to find a spec you actually enjoy playing. WoD began the prune but it was pretty acceptable prune for most people since classes still worked and played good even if their numbers weren't the best, especially with blizzards original reasoning in mind that they couldn't add new stuff without pruning old stuff due to bloat, but it's only since legion and bfa that we've saw classes being pruned to the absolute bare minimum with nothing actually being added in return, legion artifacts helped there but thats gone and now we have this shitty legion class design with none of the additions that made them acceptable (to others, not me, i hated legion shadow probably even more than bfa shadow)

Yep sign me up for any post vanilla pre legion expansion class design any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    WoD's class design was way better than BfA's, but that is about it.
    Raiding was also much, much better in WoD. The devaluation of raiding as an end game activity is one of the worst things about BFA.

By the end of BFA, it will probably be BFA.

Jokes(though are they?) aside, WoD made me legitimately quit the game for the first time in a lot of years of continuous play.

BFA wthe worst of the worst, no nothing

Vanilla started with a stupid two faction thing but stopped there. While bc completely fucked up awesome characters,
    brought spaceship and retconned a lot. And wotlk made a joke of the last great character and end up with an incredibly ridiculous and completely stupid twist.
    Mop fucked up Garrosh and made victims out of ridiculous traitors. Wod had the great iron horde, wich get destroyed by some campers. The legion was made a joke. Archimonde the Guy Who destroyed a city by playing with sand got spawn killed...
    Legion finished to show that the legion was not a threat, one patch on Argus, infested by draeney during 10000 years. Bfa made me stop playing because my undead have again to help stupid people.
    Lorewise, bc did to much damage. I'll never forgive that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Raiding was also much, much better in WoD. The devaluation of raiding as an end game activity is one of the worst things about BFA.
    You mean that raid-loggers aren't catered to as much, and god forbid, have to actually do more than log on for raid and log out again until the next raid night? To me M+ is a great addition and has most definitely strengthened and diversified end-game.

BFA is what finally made me quit and stop caring about retail/live. I took breaks after/during every expansion after WotLK. Probably played Mists the most out of everything in between. I BARELY played Legion and quit a few months after launch which I regret now because of the praise the updates they made get. I'm not sure any changes they could make at this point would bring me back to retail.

I'll definitely be giving Classic a shot. I played a tiny bit during vanilla but didn't get hooked until BC, so I'm not sure how much I'll actually get into it. Hopefully optimistic.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    You mean that raid-loggers aren't catered to as much, and god forbid, have to actually do more than log on for raid and log out again until the next raid night? To me M+ is a great addition and has most definitely strengthened and diversified end-game.
    It did that in Legion, imo. In Legion, mythic+ was fresh and had good dungeons with less trash(my perception) imo. Kara was awesome. One could also raid and get a set bonus. It was great. I don't like the move towards more generic gear. If anything, give mythic+ its own set bonus somehow. That would add incentive instead of removing it. WoW can't afford to remove any more incentive to play. The reward structure sucks in bfa, imo. Gameplay is also worse, and was very fun in Legion. I can still remember playing a fire mage in early legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skoorb View Post
    BFA is what finally made me quit and stop caring about retail/live. I took breaks after/during every expansion after WotLK. Probably played Mists the most out of everything in between. I BARELY played Legion and quit a few months after launch which I regret now because of the praise the updates they made get. I'm not sure any changes they could make at this point would bring me back to retail.

I'll definitely be giving Classic a shot. I played a tiny bit during vanilla but didn't get hooked until BC, so I'm not sure how much I'll actually get into it. Hopefully optimistic.
    Every expac after Cataclysm ties for worst in my book. Cata wasn't the greatest(wtf talents) but had some really redeemable content (Im looking at you Firelands). BFA was last straw for me. I dont pay/play and mmo to be on rails and gated the entire damn time. Unless they have some mind blowing announcement come the next expac, it will be the first one I will not buy.

The only thing that made legion "successful" was the reintroduction of illidan #changemymind

BfA.

/10ch

WoD takes the cake, by a mile.

Instanced PvE was fun, as always with Challenge Modes and Raids (even if in very inferior amounts as normal), but it failed everywhere else. No outside world content apart from ONE(1!!!!!) Apexis Daily, Garrisons were a bust, it destroyed the economy entirely, etc.

Adding to all that, abandoning the expansion mid way, gutting the original story (Grommash, Bladefist, bla bla), scrapping content, just made it all disappointing.

So yea, WoD had the most issues, without a doubt. Still had some amazing encounters and dungeons though and Tanaan Jungle was a fun patch.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-06-04 at 02:14 PM.