... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A-a-a-and we back to this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    A friend in need is a friend indeed.
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wanted to quote this because it's really important. Blizzard will not hand you a social life in the game design. You have to nurture it yourself and continue to do so.

Good post.
    This's not a good post, it's just a statement of fact. Show off. But understand me correctly, I'm not saying that person is wrong or lying (it doesn't matter). This is quite acceptable, but condition is somewhat different. I guarantee that at least 2 people from those with whom I played could get out of their imaginary shell only because they were interested in obtaining content, which made corresponding demands on them. That is, it played a positive role in their education/experience... and not just hid in a corner and growling at everything that "I owe nothing to anybody!" Of course, you don't, but if you're interested, then why not help yourself to get it?
    Well, have to quote another part of one of messages above:
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    because in TBC you could not experience everything without a communicating group
    And here you're already talking about content, which isn't so much just "for a group", but requires socialization, because it was thought of (from beginning) as “performed in a well-coordinated group of friends”. Therefore, the fact, that this content wasn't available to you as result of your (not specifically yours, but in general) rejecting game social component, is normal its condition. Literally - it demand socialization, because was thought out that way. As for CRZ and LFR, they set certain community tendency (we have already discussed this many times, they violated work of body "immunity" system, and led to inevitable "disease"; devs (that implemented it) recognized truth of this statement themselves). If we take consequences in approximate absolute: yes, those two also were among main reasons. As for LFG, there’s nothing bad in it until it's not automated, since automatics’ function here is exactly "to replace"/make less/abolish work of communicating someone/something with someone/something.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    have you tried the oportunities that game is giving you ?
    And reason is much the same: no any profit, no use, it doesn't change anything, whether you talk or keep silent. And therefore the most important condition is not fulfilled:
    "easier and faster" communicate, rather than do everything alone/without communication

I repeat, no one says that choice should be equivalent ("if you want you can work together/communicate, if you don't want, you won't need, but result is the same"), but more profitable/easier ("work/communicate together and you'll get more of what you want much easier and faster").
    no requirements = no training and experience, everything is simple. Game isn't a simple entertainment, as many thinks here, but also it's not hard work (strictly speaking, this isn't devs' choice, but individual each player to perceive game one way or another), and devs are trying to specialize it with both ways simultaneously - forgetting about middle ground. They divide people even before they are able to decide, which rules out fact of choice. Content is available fully and for all, same as progress regardless of their effort and skills - no goal, no interest, no action - boredom. Naturally, this isn't true for everyone, but statistics is clearly not in their favor.
    These elements (= conditions) are completely interconnected (see 1st link in the message), and you're trying to separate one from the other in your so called analysis.

This stays fully relevant to such question too.

So - no, retail and Classic, in this sense, are 2 completely different systems of conditions, both in terms of formation mechanism and general requirements for participants... and if so, then final result will differ, well, only if enough people will decide to try artificially (just for the sake of their own capriciousness) to influence (= temporarily falsify result, it's possible, yes, but system's equilibrium conditions will remain the same and as soon as "perturbing" factor ceases to influence, everything very likely will tend to expected norm) it.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-06-05 at 06:33 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

I want to play a RPG online, a massive & unique world with 1000 other players et live a big adventure

That's all

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean the lore in vanilla was pretty fucking fucked.
    not because of retcons
    but just because it was trash, they didnt think it would last so they just threw in all the bosses they wanted and said "cuz"
    Most raids had some form of set up, whether it was through an attunement chain, a long questline, a series of smaller quests scattered across several zones or some huge event. It wasn’t just ‘cuz’.

I never said vanilla was the pinnacle of story, honestly the story is a little shallow, but compared to BfA it’s a bloody masterpiece.

For me you are right, there is nothing unexplored or new in the sense here BUT due to how different retail is to this, its like a brand new game. Being able to re grind in Vanilla on stable internet with stable computers as well to boot is gonna be fun. The ability to have a massive talent tree and spec into 3 talent trees is gonna be fun, even though as you said their still will be the "go to spec for x and y content" but that is still new, having to level up and getting something at the end of it either a talent point and a new rank of something is fun. Somethings in the game are bit annoying like buying ammo as a hunter when u little gold haha, having to feed pets as well with no money xD but still its just a more interesting way to play WoW again. I doubt ill see out the first raid but i would enjoy probably playing it for a few months and what not.

I hope as said they make the next expansion based around fun CLASSES and the gameplay itself will not matter as much, as long as there are fun classes to play people are not to fussed about how fun the gameplay content is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im looking foreward to a game were the pvp balance is predederminated and the outcries of 1337 arena kiddies dont ruin the rest of the game bcs. a hunterpet ruined a healers day when it stopped him rubbing one out behind a pillar. The only thing i will miss is the knockback explosive trap; just to much fun to have with it

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Yes, gameplay in BfA is terrible. Too complex rotations, too fast playstyle. Vanilla is literally better in every regard. I'm not air interceptor pilot trying to survive, I'm just chilling out after hard work day. Spamming frostbolt is just fine. I have no idea about FF because I don't play chinese anime games.

2. Time investment is just what I need. I don't play other games and I like when my time investment feels imactful. Retail WoW lost it. I spent months progressing in Uldir. Now any noob who farms daily quests is better than me. Not good!

I don't think that you have to prepare for vanilla raids. You can if you want, but that's not necessary. There are no mythic modes in vanilla. If you don't have enough DPS, just farm more gear and try next week, that's about it. You can buy flask, but that's up to you, that's not something required by the game.

3. I don't know nothing about vanilla, sorry to burst you bubble. I will wipe you in dead mines learning tactics on bosses, be prepared!

4. Sub is not a problem. My salary is $300, I can afford subscription.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic cant come soon enough, and I'm on the beta. Just dont want to burn out my 'classic energy' amassing for the lvling blitz and first week MC clear to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of writing what a player want in june 2019 and referensing PUBG, is that game even still running?

But on to topic, while some people will defend how good classic will be and how good vanilla was, they are wrong. Compared to today it's very inferior.

BUT, cocaine and meth are nothing compared to the drug of NOSTALGIA. People want this becuase they remember the good ol times very fondly and ME ASWELL. I can't wait to play it, but I am not in denial, I know it's not that good of a game, but I miss it.

i mean the lore in vanilla was pretty fucking fucked.
    not because of retcons
    but just because it was trash, they didnt think it would last so they just threw in all the bosses they wanted and said "cuz"
    And yet that makes for a better story than anything they've done since because you can use your imagination. Nobody was ramming some badly written garbage down your throat. Let the players make their own story. I don't need or want Blizz to tell me what happened and what I chose.

The lore in WotLK is the worst. There's no justification for DKs ever joining the Alliance for sure. Why would people suddenly forgive these monstrosities? There must always be a Lich King? What a load of bullshit.
    Cata - oh look we rehashed Rag, Ony and Neffy. Yawn.
    WoD - alternate universe time travel bullshit.
    Legion - have to side with Khadgar or w/e his name is instead of Jaina. Lost me at the start of the xpac.
    BfA - interesting start and I like the faction stuff but more boring Old Gods and Titans. Yawn. Let alone that a giant sword is stuck in the world. lol

Can't really comment on Pandas since I didn't play.

Mystery > badly written explanations

I personally feel that new wow is more of an action game than an mmo, I like the traditional mmo feel.

I’ll admit it gladly, I SUCK at new wow, mastering class rotation and priorities while playing wack a mole with all the bullshit that the raids throw at you is just too much for me, and when I have the right gear and my character is progressed to where it should be and I’ve mastered rotations on training dummies, then I get pissed when my numbers are trash on the meters because I just can’t nail all the boss mechanics.

I’ve always preferred the old way, where progressing your character the right way always pays end results, when I have the gear and enchants I am performing well. It’s simply a different preference for us, not saying that all classic fans suck at retail and we want it to be easier, just that we have a different preference.

Personally I understand that some people won’t understand why we have other preferences, but what I don’t understand is people who think that other preference is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    And yet that makes for a better story than anything they've done since because you can use your imagination. Nobody was ramming some badly written garbage down your throat. Let the players make their own story. I don't need or want Blizz to tell me what happened and what I chose.

The lore in WotLK is the worst. There's no justification for DKs ever joining the Alliance for sure. Why would people suddenly forgive these monstrosities? There must always be a Lich King? What a load of bullshit.
    Cata - oh look we rehashed Rag, Ony and Neffy. Yawn.
    WoD - alternate universe time travel bullshit.
    Legion - have to side with Khadgar or w/e his name is instead of Jaina. Lost me at the start of the xpac.
    BfA - interesting start and I like the faction stuff but more boring Old Gods and Titans. Yawn. Let alone that a giant sword is stuck in the world. lol

Can't really comment on Pandas since I didn't play.

Mystery > badly written explanations
    i mean you wernt making your own story... they were shoving shit story down your throat... what you talking about mate?
    it was not a mystery, it just made no dsense and people just popped outta no where with no conections

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    -Hello.
    --Hi.
    Is that a level of interaction you want? It's a dungeon chat, not a guild chat, what do you even expect?

Grouping tools do not segregate people, cross-server allows players from different servers to play together (otherwise segregated)

Not seeing someone again from a cross-server is all up to you and that person.

If you need a system in place to "be friendly, mind your behaviour etc" - you sir are part of a problem.

People having personal loot doesn't segregate anyone, do you even know what segregation is?

I have many friends from different servers and i do dungeons and raids with them quite often. You shouldn't be expecting everyone to chat with you, just because you happen to be in a same dungeon, regardless of it being classic or not. In fact, after hype is gone, most classic dungeons will feel like your regular M+ in BfA chatting-vice.
    While you're waiting for the rest of the group to arrive:
    Where are you from? How long have you been playing? Still play retail? Conversation flows from there.

You can meet people questing in the world and because it takes time to travel, and because there's downtime and classes don't require constant interaction to play, you strike up conversations while questing.

I don't need a system in place. I just want to play with people who want a similar experience because those people are more likely to be of a similar mindset to myself. And my experience in vanilla and PServers tells this is the reality. My experience on retail tells me the opposite.

You can claim "in fact" all you want but all my experiences point to the opposite, so I know what I'll believe.

My only positive experiences in BfA came from doing mythic dungeons at the start of the xpac. Why? Because they reminded me of vanilla. People spoke to each other, maybe a bit of discussion about a pull, reasonable difficulty instead of facerolling. How many people do mythics though? I had to go out of my way to find this whereas on PServers that's just every dungeon you do.

It's not just the content of the game or the systems, it's the mindset of the people those systems and gameplay attract.

Quote Originally Posted by Globi View Post
    I want to play a RPG online, a massive & unique world with 1000 other players et live a big adventure

That's all
    still can, just need to go out and talk to people instead of sitting afk in town and suspect people will wlak up and talk to you.

i mean you wernt making your own story... they were shoving shit story down your throat... what you talking about mate?
    it was not a mystery, it just made no dsense and people just popped outta no where with no conections
    You're an adventurer making your way through a hostile world. The story comes from the quest text and using your imagination to piece it together...what are YOU talking about? When Blizz are telling you you're the greatest hero in all the land (just like everyone else btw) and showing you the plot in cutscenes, it leaves no room for imagination.

When it comes to MMO story, less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    You're an adventurer making your way through a hostile world. The story comes from the quest text and using your imagination to piece it together...what are YOU talking about? When Blizz are telling you you're the greatest hero in all the land (just like everyone else btw) and showing you the plot in cutscenes, it leaves no room for imagination.

When it comes to MMO story, less is more.
    so sorta like how the current games story is told though quest text that you have to piece together? also WE ARE THE GREATEST HEROS, DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY WE HAVE KILLED!?

also how does vanilla wow leave everything to imagination, when everything is layed out for you the exact same fucking way it is now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 33kamous3 View Post
    These threads seem really pointless, and there's a new one just like it every day. "I just don't understand how others could want something that I don't want". Is this really a new idea worthy of it's own new thread? Could this not have been added to one of the million other identical threads here?

What I don't understand is why the mods didn't just sticky one "You Think You Do But You Don't" thread for this discussion. Like, these are all the same thread, how many do we need? When I saw this mangled mess of spelling errors and homophones, there were 3 others just like it on the first page of the sub, which is pretty typical.

If the "2019 gamers" who only want to play "20 mins rounds of PUBG and chill on his phone" don't play Classic, then great, they don't belong there. It's not for them; they have plenty of their own games already, and plenty more on the way. I think one of the things a lot of vanilla enthusiasts want is some refuge from that.

Some people will love Classic, some people will hate it.
    Someone made a thread on why the topic of Classic is slowing down in talking about it. I agree, all these threads are pointless and yes, there are people that will love Classic and some that will simply hate it. I do find it funny after all the years of people wanting the game to get faster and the endgame to be a bigger deal are now wanting to go back the other direction slow with barely an endgame in sight. This wanting a sense of community they literally help destroy over the course of time that they lay the blame on Blizzard and their QoL features, like LFR and LFD were an answer to many people not be able to get into the content any other way. When you simply create friction and division among the player base, you get push back and a whole lot of people climbing on Blizzard's back to open up the game to the casual of casual people that have literally kept this game alive for the people that endlessly whine about everything under the sun from no new content or people getting something or something remotely like what they have or had. These people want to feel special again that is what Classic WoW did for their own egos and they want to relive those special glory days.

The community that many continue to talk about. Well that community had its own clicks, like being in high school. You simply either were well known for being a good player all the way around or you simply were part of the ever growing cesspool of ego, and problem children. Over time the later took over the game and made it what it is today. Somehow these individuals think that community by large is going to come back to Classic WoW. What they do not realize is this a retail version, not a private server.

The people that have been largely part of the cesspool will simply be playing the game that they may or may not have play way back when. Many of those will eventually make the community into and there will be guilds and realms full them. If in their own minds they believe they are going to get the game they played way back when, then they are literally fooling their own selves. Personally, I can't wait to read all the thread in about 6 month from launch to a year plus after launch on those that will surely be back complaining that Classic is nothing like they remember it to be or the community literally sucks, or many of the endless threads they have made just beating the hell out of Classic before it has even launched.

When one gets to a point of making a thread about people not wanting to further beat a dead horse to more death. One knows that the topic has literally run to its end course. Yet there will be still more and more threads wanting to beat the dead horse more to death. The talking of WoW is like politics, there is no endpoint and there are plenty of opinions, just like mine right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

3. YOU ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING THAT WILL HAPPEN! Right now I will bet my ass some guy is already making new addons just for vanilla wow, people making guides on youtube, and icy veins will tell you the best classes and specs.

There is no exploration, its Azeroth Auto pilot x 100. Old content dosent have any surprises.
    I only ever played one race,faction, and class my entire time in Vanilla so no I don't know what happens already with all the other class quests and other storylines of other races. I would like to experience the game in a complete different way this time around while enjoying the journey and actually feeling like I am playing an RPG and MMO again.

Can't really make blanket assumptions there buddy, but nice try. Why do you care anyway who plays Classic? If you don't like it, don't play it and stop trying to justify what others find fun and what they enjoy doing in their free time or hobby.

I am 36 year old and been with wow since the beginning... when i was 21 and had alot of time to invest into gaming... i dont have that in any way anymore... but i still find the concept of having a hard time getting stuff and seeing ppl get something that is hard... even tho i will never get it. In retail there is no excitement getting something that looks cool... ppl dont care because everyone looks cool... its not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    [SNIP]
    You don't need to understand. It doesn't affect you in anyway
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The irony of writing what a player want in june 2019 and referensing PUBG, is that game even still running?

But on to topic, while some people will defend how good classic will be and how good vanilla was, they are wrong. Compared to today it's very inferior.

BUT, cocaine and meth are nothing compared to the drug of NOSTALGIA. People want this becuase they remember the good ol times very fondly and ME ASWELL. I can't wait to play it, but I am not in denial, I know it's not that good of a game, but I miss it.
    "it's just nostalgia, the game sucks, I don't like the game so it's bad and everyone who likes it is wrong"

I mean, it's one thing to say you don't like it, but it's a whole 'nother level of self-centered asshole to claim that everyone who does like it is wrong.

Makes me wonder why you're even here, posting around this forum, if you hate the game so much.