View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin Pro Twat View Post

He does.

However, I wonder what the liberals on here were doing for the last nine-years as the various tory-led coalitions dismantled the NHS.
    Liberals probably love it getting defunded, more excuses for them to switch to an insurance system and make money of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin Pro Twat View Post
    However, I wonder what the liberals on here were doing for the last nine-years as the various tory-led coalitions dismantled the NHS.
    Dismantling the NHS started in the 90s under Labour though, sure it was New Labour but still. . .

(Quite happy to be shown how wrong I am on that but I thought the "buck" stopped there, if it had started before then, fair cop I'm all ears I'd much rather blame the Tories)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Until Brexit the NHS is subject to EU competition rules which means artificially high costs for medicine in the UK. If US drug companies were allowed free access to the UK market they would lower the costs of many drugs through competition to patients.

The EU is literally killing sick and vulnerable UK people by forcing the NHS to ration treatment that it otherwise would be able to afford.

Another benefit is that several massive UK drug companies, think GSK Astrazeneca etc etc would do better by having unfettered access to the US markets.

Think of all the medicine you could buy, hospitals you could build, with non payment of that 39 billion, And then there is the 350 million extra a week and so on and so on...
    You have no idea what drug prices are like in the US, do you?

Looks like we will find out sooner rather than later as our , future PM, Nigel plans today to circumvent EU anti-Britain rules on not allowing the UK to do trade deals until after we have left the EU.

NEW @Nigel_Farage, the Brexit Party leader, is planning to open his own trade talks directly with White House staff.

Farage: “If the Government can’t do it, then maybe others will have to take that initiative…”.
    "I am very, very keen to get a delegation of industrialists and business together to fly out to Washington D.C. to meet Bob Lighthizer, who is the
    Trump administration’s trade negotiator and perhaps to start these discussions..".

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/...08108663345152

Bless him, so stick that up your Juncker...
    Well, you better hurry the fuck up. Because the EU is getting all unruly on the British. Our latest scheme to oppress the British is taking Farage out of Parliament!

https://twitter.com/JamesCrisp6/stat...757898758?s=19

Smart move, buddying up to the US, btw. Surely your natural superiority will make them beg you for a trade deal. I mean Trump's already practically falling over himself whoring the US out to the UK. If only we could get in on the deal. I sure would love some US competition in our pharma market.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Farage wants to get rid of the NHS, my boy.
    Well https://www.bupa.co.uk/ is so much better old chap. Please see further relevant responses to this below...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Is that even legal? Normally only officially appointed people such as ambassadors, ministers and high-ranking civil servants are allowed to negotiate on behalf of a country.

Wasn't that what Brexit was all about? Restoring sovereignty to the UK government, so that unelected "representatives" do not make decisions over the head of the national government.

Oh, the hypocrisy of you brexiteers knows no limits. You cheer on what you hate about the EU. @dribbles is actually supporting unelected people forcing their decisions on the UK!

Remember how you asked how you can be elected head of the European Commission? So when will we get to elect these representatives that Farage wants to take to DC? How can I be elected to one of these positions?
    Did you miss the overwhelming mandate his party received when he won the EU elections just a few days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd love to see what world you actually live in, holy shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Farage, though, he's been given 24 hours to explain his Arron Banks funding.
    He is going to ignore their requests, penalty is a months suspension, all good as he needs that time to arrange the UK/US free trade deal.

Strange that his mate Arron owns an insurance company don't you think? I wonder, with competition, if my Bupa premiums will come down should he choose to enter that health insurance market. Hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, you better hurry the fuck up. Because the EU is getting all unruly on the British. Our latest scheme to oppress the British is taking Farage out of Parliament!

https://twitter.com/JamesCrisp6/stat...757898758?s=19

Smart move, buddying up to the US, btw. Surely your natural superiority will make them beg you for a trade deal. I mean Trump's already practically falling over himself whoring the US out to the UK. If only we could get in on the deal. I sure would love some US competition in our pharma market.
    As I said, he doesn't give a monkeys about the irrelevant EU - like usual he won't attend or comply, very busy with other more important stuff do you see?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Did you miss the overwhelming mandate his party received when he won the EU elections just a few days ago?
    TIL: 30% is an "overwhelming mandate"

As I said, he doesn't give a monkeys about the irrelevant EU - like usual he won't attend or comply, very busy with other more important stuff do you see?
    Yes, of course. And it plays into our hands to finalize the fascist empire that we've always wanted. Now that you're out of the way!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, of course. And it plays into our hands to finalize the fascist empire that we've always wanted. Now that you're out of the way!
    Lol, not another attempt? Third time lucky? Looks like history is repeating itself, remember this though on the 75th anniversary of D-day. We didn't need passports or visas to land on the French/EU beaches last time and we won't need them next time! See you soon no doubt matey...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially if you drop into a recession that kickstarts a wave of European spending.

Pity we won't be around to benefit.

Lol, not another attempt? Third time lucky? Looks like history is repeating itself, remember this though on the 75th anniversary of D-day. We didn't need passports or visas to land on the French/EU beaches last time and we won't need them next time! See you soon no doubt matey...
    Ah, so that's why you got your ass handed to you from the French whenever you tried to land without permission? See, they're on our side. But don't worry, our German Queen will keep you on a tight leash...

I mean, come on... the FRENCH. How'd you manage to lose against the only nation that's famous for never winning? Is this 1966 all over again? One time you got lucky with a drunk referee and you're still drunk on the glory 60 years later... get a grip of yourself, man. This is embarassing.
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-06-05 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well https://www.bupa.co.uk/ is so much better old chap. Please see further relevant responses to this below...
    Have fun with your corperate overlords lol. Don't start whining on this forum about high insurance costs, m'kay?

That is not how democracy works, my boy. A low turnout election for seats in the euro parliament is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Especially if you drop into a recession that kickstarts a wave of European spending.

Pity we won't be around to benefit.
    Surprisingly, we're not quite sure if we want to have a recession or not. It was predicted for this year, but for some fucked up reason the economy decided it wouldn't be having that and got an uptick. It's worrying... after all, we're supposed to either break the EU apart or erect a fascist empire. I'm getting confused, but either way, Germany's going to fuck up everyone's day again, that's for sure. And the world is right again. Boy, am I looking forward to another 80 years of verbal abuse from mentally challenged people...
    Last edited by Slant; 2019-06-05 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so that's why you got your ass handed to you from the French whenever you tried to land without permission? See, they're on our side. But don't worry, our German Queen will keep you on a tight leash...
    We are just going to revive De Ruyter, i'm sure that'll stop them.

We are all secretly germans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so that's why you got your ass handed to you from the French whenever you tried to land without permission?
    You're going to make me defend Dribbles here, but Agincourt.

Y'know, one of Europe's most historical military shocks?

- - - Updated - - -

Surprisingly, we're not quite sure if we want to have a recession or not. It was predicted for this year, but for some fucked up reason the economy decided it wouldn't be having that and got an uptick. It's worrying... after all, we're supposed to either break the EU apart or erect a fascist empire. I'm getting confused, but either way, Germany's going to fuck up everyone's day again, that's for sure. And the world is right again. Boy, am I looking for another 80 years of verbal abuse from mentally challenged people...
    Yeah, it was narrowly avoided last year on a technicality, but all predictions seem to forecast one in the 4th quarter this year.

Still, you just posted an 11 bil budget surplus, you can afford to spend and restart the machine.

In fairness though that was a defensive war, not an offensive one, right? "We" were already there, we weren't landing.

Anyway, surely there's a more recent notable victory from say, the Napoleonic era that we could shamelessly brag about if the need arose. . .
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Nobody outside of England cares about Agincourt. Do you see English territory in the Bretagne or Normandy? I don't. He said he could come to our empire's shores whenever it pleased him. No, he can't. But he's welcome to try. I'll be watching with my teutonic brethren and enjoy the asskicking the French are going to apply.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    We are just going to revive De Ruyter, i'm sure that'll stop them.

We are all secretly germans.
    Ha, the way our soldiers whored through Europe, I wouldn't be surprised.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it was narrowly avoided last year on a technicality, but all predictions seem to forecast one in the 4th quarter this year.

Still, you just posted an 11 bil budget surplus, you can afford to spend and restart the machine.
    Spending isn't the problem. Politics is. I had hoped after last time's bullshit elections we'd be getting a more stable Government next time around. But hey, apparently life's too boring, so we're kickstarting the Greens' "Hippie for Chancellor" campaign... SPD (German Labor) just got stomped nationwide. In Hamburg, Greens got more votes than CDU (our Tories).

People keep babbling about the rise of the right wing. Well, the Greens are firmly established to the left of SPD. So I have no idea what the fuck everyone's on about. AfD is dying, so we're swinging left now like an uncontrolled pendulum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    In fairness though that was a defensive war, not an offensive one, right? "We" were already there, we weren't landing.

Anyway, surely there's a more recent notable victory from say, the Napoleonic era that we could shamelessly brag about if the need arose. . .
    The Napoleonic one wasnt just us though, people like pretend we single handidly whooped the Napoleonic Empire, but there was a fair number of allies involved.

Agincourt was pretty much straight up England vs France, and one of the times we didn't get punted back across the channel.

The Napoleonic one wasnt just us though, people like pretend we single handidly whooped the Napoleonic Empire, but there was a fair number of allies involved.

Agincourt was pretty much straight up England vs France, and one of the times we didn't get punted back across the channel.
    If you look at that battle on it's own. . . Territory owned before the war doesn't compare favourably to territory owned afterwards.

Haaaanyway this is all kinda missing the point I guess, we did win Agincourt pretty well and God Bless King Henry the Fifth!

Again, nobody outside England thinks that. This is me being serious. You are having a very specific point of view on history, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spending isn't the problem. Politics is.
    But they're connected. Like when you go from 68% of GDP as debt to 60% in 2 years, and post massive surplus, the politics needs to change regarding the continuation of austerity and focus on spending in public services.

Germany is ready for a financial renaissance that will have a positive effect throughout Europe, and here's us wanting to leave before we can benefit.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, nobody outside England thinks that. This is me being serious. You are having a very specific point of view on history, it seems.
    It's the same point of view that got us in this 995 page mess. It's not a mentality I share, the Empire is dead, our gold doesn't rule the world's banks and football's not coming home*.

We still have some pull but it's vastly overstated by people who think Europe still owes us an eternal debt of gratitide 75 years on.

*Except this summer tournament finals, we only need to win two games how hard can it be?