Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Better invest your time and knowledge on KillonSight + Server Rep type of addon where you can rate players for yourself and in future remember if they are ninjas, bad or people you want to kill so you can hover over them and have in tooltip "Avoid: Ninja" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Personally, i look forward to addons like this, im an adult and do NOT have the free time to spend 1,5h to do a 1h dungeon.
    Maybe u without jobs have time for this, ur welcome to not use it.
    The addon doesn't group you automatically, it reads the chat looking for keywords such as LFG & LFM and aggregates it into a list. You still have to ask for an invite and you can still get refused for being a boomkin.

This same addon has been a thing in private servers for at least 4 years. Nobody uses it because it's mostly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroLars View Post
    Do you really think being rude qualifies as toxic behaviour?
    Um, yes?

Ever been in a toxic relationship? That's how it starts, then it escalates.

Obviously this is a community, not a relationship so it's not a good comparison.
    Also obviously, there are varying degrees and kinds of impolite behavior and people need thick skin.

But yes, being rude, especially with directed profanity....that's exactly how a toxic community starts.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Better invest your time and knowledge on KillonSight + Server Rep type of addon where you can rate players for yourself and in future remember if they are ninjas, bad or people you want to kill so you can hover over them and have in tooltip "Avoid: Ninja" etc.
    Those types of addons would be abused to hell. I actually discussed this with a friend who said same thing. You'd get people saying someone was a ninja for looting an item they won on need/greed. You'd get people who just straight up abuse and lie on it for lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Except it doesn't exist ... not on Twitch. Not real hard to look.

And you didn't figure out some way to make a group finder after Blizzard specifically neutered them.

But nice try.
    You can find it here curseforge.com/wow/addons/classiclfg (can't post links yet)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    The addon doesn't group you automatically, it reads the chat looking for keywords such as LFG & LFM and aggregates it into a list. You still have to ask for an invite and you can still get refused for being a boomkin.

This same addon has been a thing in private servers for at least 4 years. Nobody uses it because it's mostly pointless.
    You can also create a group inside the addon itself too, this provides some extra functionalities like a group description and a display for the group composition (number of dps, healer and tank)

Would be nice to have something like Cleared the dungeon X times.

-- Edit see below
    Last edited by Sumonk; 2019-06-06 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    As there is no reliable way to track this ingame I think this should not be something that should be displayed to other people, as it would give an incentive to only invite people that have the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I mean, it's classic. Those kinds of metrics communicate "skill," but classic isn't about skill in the same way.

Retail WoW combat has become a relatively fast paced, quick reaction, "skill" based game.

Classic WoW is totally different, everyone can get through just about everything....so long as you communicate with each other and plan engagements. The "skill" is more in how well you can talk to other players. It's slower combat and a slower paced game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I mean, it's classic. Those kinds of metrics communicate "skill," but classic isn't about skill in the same way.

Retail WoW combat has become a relatively fast paced, quick reaction, "skill" based game.

Classic WoW is totally different, everyone can get through just about everything....so long as you communicate with each other and plan engagements. The "skill" is more in how well you can talk to other players. It's slower combat and a slower paced game.
    I agree with this. I don't think it should be something that is displayed to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post
    You can find it here curseforge.com/wow/addons/classiclfg (can't post links yet)

- - - Updated - - -

You can also create a group inside the addon itself too, this provides some extra functionalities like a group description and a display for the group composition (number of dps, healer and tank)
    Yea.. how is that any different? Only thing it accomplishes it make world chat or LFG chat less spammy.

7+ Year Old Account
    i mean yes, thats the definition of toxic...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    Take this addon and shove it up your ass
    a worse verson of this addon existed in vanilla, and was used alittle bit, but few people trusted addons back then since the game was so new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sumonk View Post

- - - Updated - - -

it is funny seeing here, and the comments on the addon of people who obviously did not read what the addon does.
    thinking it will automate things, instead of simply gathering lists of people looking for members
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Those types of addons would be abused to hell. I actually discussed this with a friend who said same thing. You'd get people saying someone was a ninja for looting an item they won on need/greed. You'd get people who just straight up abuse and lie on it for lols.
    But that would not be shared db as I've clearly stated (cause I had that thought as well as you mentioned) - only your own notes.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    But that would not be shared db as I've clearly stated (cause I had that thought as well as you mentioned) - only your own notes.
    Hmm, yeah that would work. No different from using handynotes or adding them to friends list with a note next to their names. I used to do that in TBC to stuck up cunts all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally yes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    I cant say i like what you're trying to make.
    But it's a free world.
    I can just choose not to use it.
    ____

Though i must confess that i dont like the clutter and spam that happens in chat about LFG.
    But i do believe that the point of Vanilla is that you need to be at the city and to have to whisper the person and talk to them before joining.

What i'd really like to see is the in-game LFG chat be given a more immersive approach.
    Which would not change anything gameplay-wise, but would just add some RP to the G, and remove all that lightning-fast spam in chat.

My idea is this:

Place an ad board in Orgrimmar and Ironforge.
    There, people can post one ad at a time with JUST a small description and their name, to be whispered.
    No invite-button, no role selection, no dropdown menus.
    Only a manual word-search field.

And of course, people would have to be present and use the board, in order to see the ads.
    If you're the one posting an ad, it will remain posted until you leave the city.
    And it can be used for anything. Trading, lfg, etc...

Just because you disagree doesnt mean you have to be an @ hole.
    I also disagree with this.

Is that how you talk to strangers in real life?
    Man, keyboard warriors everywhere.
    Yes let me take the time to just type out a fucking paragraph on why its detrimental to the game and has been proven with retail etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Personally, i look forward to addons like this, im an adult and do NOT have the free time to spend 1,5h to do a 1h dungeon.
    Maybe u without jobs have time for this, ur welcome to not use it.
    I was 28 working 48 hours a week the first time around. Get a guild and make friends and you won't even need this addon.

"I'm an adult and don't have time to play Classic so I'm gonna push for it to suit me better despite 14 years of people asking for it as it is."

BTW there isn't such a thing as a 1 hour dungeon, not even UBRS should take that long, unless you're generous to time wasters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Classic wow is maybe the way for pages like OpernRaid or even oQueu (which blizz will destroy) to revive ^^ im ok with OpenRaid tbh :P i did my CMs in MoP using it ^^

there was a World LFG channel in WoW (like trade channel) at some point. I don't remember when it was introduced (what patch) but it was deleted just prior to the introduction of LFG.

The benefit of the channel was that you could access it while questing outside of cities making group formation easier.

That's all you really need and I hope it ends up in Classic (at the point in time it was originally introduced).