Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Elon Musk invents the tunnel

From hyperloop to good 'ol regular car tunnel. Revolutionary. Please have my babies Elon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Truly the greatest mind of our time.

I can't wait to take a ride in the tunnel. So futuristic!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Truly the greatest mind of our time.
    I want to work for him. I have a few ideas of my own. Currently I'm working on a thing that spreads butter on a slice of bread, I hope it catches on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did like his cali tunnel system but too bad that was abandoned

guy makes billions of dollars then goes on a mission to spend it trying to prove to everyone hes smart,his money i guess.

I don't understand how these tunnels would solve anything? Could someone explain?

It sounds to me like you're either waiting in line in a traffic jam or you're waiting in line to use the tunnel. Sure, the tunnel idea works once you're able to get into it. It didn't really look like it was going to be able to accept cars en masse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I don't understand how these tunnels would solve anything? Could someone explain?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimmick
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I want to work for him. I have a few ideas of my own. Currently I'm working on a thing that spreads butter on a slice of bread, I hope it catches on.
    Sounds a bit like my idea for a device that, when pressure is applied, makes big things less big...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thunderfoot called it years ago, but you can't stop retards from joining cults of personality.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post

It sounds to me like you're either waiting in line in a traffic jam or you're waiting in line to use the tunnel. Sure, the tunnel idea works once you're able to get into it. It didn't really look like it was going to be able to accept cars en masse.
    He's selling stupid ideas to idiots who think he is some sort of genius. He isn't. He's a berk.

He never actually needs to deliver on any of these ideas, in fact it's probably best for him that he doesn't, just in case some of the people (including governments) work out he hasn't got a clue what he is talking about.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    At least hyperloop had a track and arguably promoted public transit...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the guy thats talking in the video. Man his voice and the snarky way he talks. Blow my fucking brains out, i couldnt last more than 3 mins.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    He's selling stupid ideas to idiots who think he is some sort of genius. He isn't. He's a berk.

He never actually needs to deliver on any of these ideas, in fact it's probably best for him that he doesn't, just in case some of the people (including governments) work out he hasn't got a clue what he is talking about.
    It's amazing that in this day and age one can have a perpetual idea machine without delivering almost any of them and still making money out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have this awesome invention it's called the hydration dispensing device. how it works is you take a liquid put it in a container and my invention goes to work overnight. now when you remove it from the freezer it automatically dispenses hydration so as to not overhydrate you. it just works people. so many preventable overhydration deaths solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    same, hes just so cynical. I actually think his company SpaceX has mostly upheld their promises.

He's doing more than this clown.
    pretty sure thunderfoot has a job involving working with chemicals. something to that degree. he bought it up in one of his videos. the only clown here is elon musk.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wake me up when he invents the fly free teleport capsual!

I dont like the idea of digging up our earth for a trillion tunnels anyway.
    He should stick to SpaceX... The team there knows quite what theyre doing. But the rest is really bad. Often he just sounds like a quak selling the philosophers stone.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    SNIBBY SNIB DD
    From hyperloop to good 'ol regular car tunnel. Revolutionary. Please have my babies Elon.
    Thunderf**t?

"Yikes" as the kids say
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is completely and utterly misrepresenting the whole thing.

Elon Musk is promoting The Boring Company, he's not claiming to have invented tunnels, he's claiming that his company and technology can build them faster and cheaper than what we've been able to do in the past. Which is actually a really really big deal. You see, while tunnels may have been invented a long time ago, they're very rarely used in any significant amount because digging them is slow and expensive as hell, and even worse if you're trying to do it underneath a city where you're not able to just rip out everything above it and put it back after you're done. There's a reason why the Channel Tunnel connecting the UK and France is considered one of the wonders of modern engineering.

If Elon Musk can make digging tunnels capable of handling car traffic at a rate and cost that puts extensive networks within the reach of most major cities, there are a lot of ways that could be used to great effect. Whether or not he can actually deliver on that is another thing entirely, while I'm generally a fan of his projects (I like Tesla and SpaceX) building a tunnel under a city gets exponentially more difficult the larger and longer it is (especially if if needs to be safe enough and reliable enough for commuters to travel through) and while I do believe that he might be able to bring the cost of doing so down I'd be super surprised to see it come down to the degree required to make it an economical option to revolutionize any of the current metropolitan areas.

So The Boring Company? Good. World changing? I'd be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Hey it's Thunderf00t! He definitely deserves some exposure, good man.
    I get really tired of his constant sarcastic drone, but he is on point with the tunnel and the hyperloop thing. He is not some kind of deity either but look at the "solar frickin roadways" thing he was ripping on a few years back lol. Where is that now?

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    He clearly has some talent somewhere, but not to the extent that he is the guy who should be redesigning our society.

Not even touched on the fact that a lot of cities have extensive underground constructions in everything from sewers, to storm drains, to subways etc etc. You are not just going to "put 100s of tunnels" under New York. Also, as mentioned in the video at some point it becomes about volume rather than speed. The same way some people cannot get their minds around how a high speed rail network is garbage compared with container ships.

I don't really know much about decommissioning tunnels either, but they seem pretty permanent. Think about all that before indulging the great Elon.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.