Poll: SHOULD TWITTER DELETE DONALD TRUMP'S TWITTER?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Twitter delete Donald Trump's Twitter?

He is violating a lot of terms of service and use. Hate speech, derogatory messages and much more. The only reason it is keep online is to make money because he can just use his in home conference room to make announcements. Twitter is a private organization, I think they've forgotten this which makes them justified to delete his Twitter despite him being a President.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I think it would be a good thing for him, I do not think it will ever happen. Plus it actually gives his enemies more ammo to use. I would however, like to see it happen.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. He abuses it to spread fake news and lies. He insults and belittles different people on a daily basis, and is an embarrassment to the whole country.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Trump didn’t have an outlet for his insanity? What if between 5 am Fox News session and the meeting with a trade embargo, he is just stewing? If you want him banned, I would want a reasonable way for him to cool off, after watching fox.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the President should have special treatment anywhere. Not against legal charges, certainly not against private companies making internal decisions.

He's just a man. If he's causing problems for the country, remove him and move on. He's not a king, it's not that big a frakking deal. In Canada, the sitting government can just do an internal vote and whoever's the Prime Minister is replaced; they can do this in a single afternoon, and get the new guy in place before end of day. And then government continues without a hiccup. This stuff shouldn't be that complicated.

No, simply because i like twitter. And Free Speech. But i think Twitter should simply hide some posts with the "sensible-content" warning they often have. AND it would also be more food to the rights who says that the big internet-concerns are full of libtards or other stupid words from the rights.

These are what i really hate on the internet: instead of lefts to come up with a reasonable solution, the first thing they scream is: BAN. BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN. Do you really think you can go against the rights with bans? Surely NOT.

What is more important is to fight against lies. Alternative facts are not truths, and if something is not true, it should be visible. But the MOST IMPORTANT THING is to take on Facebook&Co. Their filter-bubble, their closed connection and that they allow right-extremism needs to be taken on and to be punished too. Facebooks filter-bubble that allows anyone who have abstruse ideas to be visible with other stupid people made this issue. And if Zuckerberg does not finally begin to do something against it, then the company needs to be splitted up.

He had long enough time to fix this, facebook did NOTHING against it. The same is true for other social media platforms (even through twitter does not have mostly this issue)

But punishing or banning someone will NOT fix the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't delete it, close it and enshrine his hypocrisy for all to see and mock for generations to come. Call it America's biggest mistake so that it's not repeated.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Sorry but the 1st amendment has nothing to do with private companies.
    I mean, it kinda does. It means the government can't pass laws attempting to control the speech expressed by said companies.

Including forcing them to broadcast messaging they disagree with and don't wish to support.

That's what the Free Speech Warriors keep ignoring; trying to force these companies to host content they find egregious is an assault on freedom of speech, not a defense of such.

Considering he's broken the rules dozens of times, yes. Personally, I don't give a shit, let him keep spewing lies. It makes it that much easier to mock those who continue to support him.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Its comedy gold. Why delete it?
    It’s not funny when people are getting racially profiled, beaten, killed, molested, belittled, prejudiced, stereotyped, fired, and so much more behind these tweets.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It’s not funny when people are getting racially profiled, beaten, killed, molested, belittled, prejudiced, stereotyped, fired, and so much more behind these tweets.
    Any proof that any of that is happening because of Trump's tweets?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    But what about the entertainment we get out of it. Having Steven Colbert and other read out loud Trump tweet while making a crude imitation is joyful. dot dot dot...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was disappointed when twitter removed that thing that made it so politicians couldn't delete their tweets

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a stupid idea to silence someone, especially a sitting president

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, actually. As much as I believe in free speech, Trump has proven to be an immature and often stupid leader of one of the biggest nations in the world. He uses Twitter to constantly attack and berate people, among other issues. Not to mention, just so it stops triggering leftists on Twitter as well every time he posts some stupid shit.

Yes. Only democrats and left-leaning figures shall have the privilege of being heard and made known.

No way I have lost count of how many times I have thrown pie in Trump supporters faces using his tweets. Aside from that Trump is the only reason people talk about twitter without Trump what do they got? Kim Kardashian?

I'm voting no, because Stephen Colbert would lose a lot of his material if Donald stopped tweeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Seems like a stupid idea to silence someone, especially a sitting president
    Yeah, because Twitter is how Presidents are supposed to communicate.

Ban the fool, stop letting him get away with breaking the rules simply because he is the President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yeah, because Twitter is how Presidents are supposed to communicate.

Ban the fool, stop letting him get away with breaking the rules simply because he is the President.
    Well, Twitter is a big player in communication in todays age.

I wouldnt blame twitter if they would ban him, I just dont think its the best idea to do so.