Big reveal in this new trailer.

Guess they finally figured out how to make actual human npcs.

Imagine the brass balls to release an RPG set in the Fallout world, and then charge for an expansion a year later that actually has the RPG game.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Imagine the brass balls to release an RPG set in the Fallout world, and then charge for an expansion a year later that actually has the RPG game.
    It's free.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    imagine not playing fallout76 and having no idea everything they add is free. . .

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    It's free.
    Your paying for it one way or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Guess they finally figured out how to make actual human npcs.
    They always knew how to. Look at Fallout 4.

Their lack in 76 at launch was a deliberate story decision.

Plus, I think we're ignoring the biggest reveal;

Fucking. Bows. YES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    A battle royale, that'll fix this game, sure. Jesus Christ.

How. The FUCK. Do they think they can get a 52 man battle royale running smoothly in this homunculus frankenstein engine?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    How. The FUCK. Do they think they can get a 52 man battle royale running smoothly in this homunculus frankenstein engine?
    It just works.

PvE stuff looks cool and I'm interested, but I'm not sure if it's worth dealing with the "survival" parts of the genre. The survival element of these kinds of games always felt more like a chore than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, can always try it out. Free week of FO76 starting tomorrow.

so gonna ignore BR because it's ass and will always be ass. wasted resources like survival

more PvE the better

Still not sure exactly how pvp is going to work in a Battle Royale type setting. Giving players all an equal empty footing is a good start. No OP legendary setups.

But aiming in this game is just awful. Hotboxes are wonky and hard to hit on certain enemies, let alone madly moving players. Resorting to VATS to make your shots would just feel like everyone has aimbot.

Anyone know what time the 76 free trial starts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, if all else fails, go for battle royale.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm still not sure if I was dreaming or not.. the experience was so surreal. Who were those boobs in the audience that keept cheering for terrible things? :P

I mean I get it, the fallout verse is already a survial one, so putting a BR there makes strangely sense, but I have zero reason to believe Bethesda of all people will manage to make it work on a technical level..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sucks still no info on modding nor p.servers, but at least they are addressing the players complaints little by little.

The battle royal mode though =P
    Absolutely, I had hoped by this point in time they'd at least have some info on local servers. I want to mod the shit out of that carcass, only way this will work for me :/.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make 76 run better on my pc? Its stuttery as all hell, ive disabled gsync and its still terrible. It goes from 82 fps down to ~50 at random with huge lag and mouse stutter, do i really need to set my 165hz monitor down to 60hz for it to play this game properly?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So when I first heard about a Battle Royale in Fallout I was pretty mad that they would waste resources on this kinda stuff.

Now that I've tried it I got to admit that its actually heaps fun, especially if you squad up with people from discord. And thats from someone who has never done survival mode cause screw PvP.

I can see however how some people would be opposed to it since they prefer the solo play.

It's a really really well made mode thats super stable (apart from either disconnecting after each round or having to manually leave team and restart)

Honestly, nothing should be forced group content if there's an easy solution. Just have different games for group and solo players like Fortnite.

I saw that they released a new patch and hopefully fixed a few of the weapon clunkyness with it. No VATS in the new mode I noticed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochinko View Post
    So when I first heard about a Battle Royale in Fallout I was pretty mad that they would waste resources on this kinda stuff.

Now that I've tried it I got to admit that its actually heaps fun, especially if you squad up with people from discord. And thats from someone who has never done survival mode cause screw PvP.

I can see however how some people would be opposed to it since they prefer the solo play.

It's a really really well made mode thats super stable (apart from either disconnecting after each round or having to manually leave team and restart)
    Honestly, my biggest issue (and I'm hoping it's just the sneak peek) is that it's expecting 4-man teams. I prefer my solo play. Give me an all-solo queue for NW, and I'm probably gonna be pretty happy.

As it is, picking off some rando just makes his three friends SUPER angry and the game puts a big red beacon on my head so they can come show me all their bullets at once.

The rest, that you use new perks, have no gear, and your SPECIAL/level don't matter (SPECIAL marginally, for the perks you can equip), that's all great and needs to stay as-is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I saw that they released a new patch and hopefully fixed a few of the weapon clunkyness with it. No VATS in the new mode I noticed.
    There's VATS in Nuclear Winter, you just can't target players with it. There ARE mobs to kill.