Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You'd wonder how private server manage to keep a full population 14 years after the end of Vanilla, considering it's been dead for 12 of them.
    Full population meaning 100 people?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Nothing has a fixed playerbase. You eventually grow tired of everything.
    league of legends

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    league of legends
    They got atleast monthly updates and new champs for years now, whats after nax ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    People like you do my head in. Honestly, you come here stating nothing but your opinions. Face it, you don’t know how popular it’s gonna be, so it’s all guesswork. Stop trying to pretend like they’re facts.

Besides, why do you feel the need come in here and argue about something this pointless? We’ve seen hundreds of these threads and it all comes down to a classic hater spouting opinions.
    Ìt's not about popularity, learn to read.

- - - Updated - - -

league of legends
    You eventually grow tired of everything. Are you telling me no people quit playing league of legends, cause they get bored?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are literally retarded. People like you don't deserve to live.
    I accept your surrender.

I guess that's why you post from a throwaway account, because you have no argument that you can support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You eventually grow tired of everything. Are you telling me no people quit playing league of legends, cause they get bored?
    There is new 12 year old kids everyday looking for "the best MMO on the market"

And the best MMO on the market will be Classic.

Same thing with League of Legends being the best MOBA.

New players everyday. A new kid is born everyday.

Ìt's not about popularity, learn to read.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright then what’s your point? Blizzard has already confirmed they’ll progress further after naxx.

10+ Year Old Account
    The current game might have its issues, but Classic has its very own issues to deal with, and some of them are severe. That is why the game was changed so dramatically over the years. You will notice very soon.
    Aside from small convenience changes that classic players will admit they would want in vanilla, these are two different games with complete different philosophies and rates of playing.

Remember when, i believe it.was during a WoD panel, the current president answered a question saying:" remember wheb you had to look for a tank for hours or walk all the way to the dungeon? Yea, you don't want that. Now you just click a button and go there directly"

That to me reveals one of many points in a philosophy that changed over the years. Because trust me, there are players who would prefer that older experience. That one example in a pool of many where Blizzard removed the player from the world

Not to mention it made the guy look like a buffon for assuming to know what every player wants.

Put it simply, convenience radically changed the game

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I accept your surrender.

I guess that's why you post from a throwaway account, because you have no argument that you can support.

- - - Updated - - -

There is new 12 year old kids everyday looking for "the best MMO on the market"

And the best MMO on the market will be Classic.
    lol you are deluded

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing with League of Legends being the best MOBA.

New players everyday. A new kid is born everyday.
    We're talking about individuals growing tired of the game, and your argument is "new players join the game"? Yeah new players replace old players who quit. That is obvious. That doesn't change that players eventually grow tired of everything.

We're talking about individuals growing tired of the game, and your argument is "new players join the game"? Yeah new players replace old players who quit. That is obvious. That doesn't change that players eventually grow tired of everything.
    I played Tekken 6 for years.
    Let me check how many years i played Tekken 6, 1 sec

edit: 9 years

Quote Originally Posted by Mirain1 View Post
    Alright then what’s your point? Blizzard has already confirmed they’ll progress further after naxx.
    No, they haven't. They have contradicted themselves. They've said one thing and then they've said the complete opposite. And if they did create new content after Naxx it would be a complete waste of developer resources, cause they could instead develop new content for the current game. New content, with the limitations of Vanilla WoW, would be awful.

Oh goodie this guy is back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

No, they haven't. They have contradicted themselves. They've said one thing and then they've said the complete opposite. And if they did create new content after Naxx it would be a complete waste of developer resources, cause they could instead develop new content for the current game. New content, with the limitations of Vanilla WoW, would be awful.
    A waste of resources for you, kind sir.
    Not for me and for the....whatever number will be playing Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Aside from small convenience changes that classic players will admit they would want in vanilla, these are two different games with complete different philosophies and rates of playing.
    No, they aren't. The current game has improved in a lot of ways, and there is nothing in Vanilla that has been taken away from current WoW. What is it that Vanilla has that current WoW doesn't? Server communities? You can still choose to interact with people on your server, what is stopping you? Is there anything about raiding that Vanilla has that current WoW doesn't? Raiding has only evolved. If you think Vanilla raiding was great, you are in for a rude awakening.

Quests are better now, zones are better now, graphics are better now, raids are better now, classes are better now.

What is it that was better in Classic, you deluded fool.

Again, just your opinion.

Btw they did confirm they would. They were open to “releasing TBC/wotlk” or making new content.
    -My opinion-
    There’s so many things wrong with BfA that making “new content” literally doesn’t matter. It won’t make me play the game, and I won’t enjoy it just because they release 10 raids or 5 new races. The game FEELS completely different and if you can’t grasp that some people feel this way then I’m sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    That to me reveals one of many points in a philosophy that changed over the years. Because trust me, there are players who would prefer that older experience. That one example in a pool of many where Blizzard removed the player from the world

Not to mention it made the guy look like a buffon for assuming to know what every player wants.

Put it simply, convenience radically changed the game
    Players asked themselves for this. Players got tired from waiting for hours for a tank. Players got what they wanted and were happy. Now there is a new batch of players, who haven't experienced this "waiting for hours for a tank" thing and think it's cool. There are also players who have nostalgia cover their eyes. Both of those players will "like" waiting for hours for a tank for a while, but then they'll realize that it's fucking stupid and will want it to be changed, like those old players before them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I played Tekken 6 for years.
    Let me check how many years i played Tekken 6, 1 sec

edit: 9 years
    Just shows how much of a simpleton you are.

I've played WoW for over 10 years. And your point is?

Did you play Tekken every day for 12+ hours?

Just shows how much of a simpleton you are.
    Imagine saying this unironically. Confirmed troll alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Players asked themselves for this. Players got tired from waiting for hours for a tank. Players got what they wanted and were happy. Now there is a new batch of players, who haven't experienced this "waiting for hours for a tank" thing and think it's cool. There are also players who have nostalgia cover their eyes. Both of those players will "like" waiting for hours for a tank for a while, but then they'll realize that it's fucking stupid and will want it to be changed, like those old players before them.
    Subset of players asked for this. And many who asked for this (like me for example) realized after years, what shit I asked for. Hindsight is a bitch..

Server communities? You can still choose to interact with people on your server, what is stopping you?
    There is no such things as "your server" in BfA.

There is sharding, there is CRZ, there is no closed community.

Everything is random

You can speak to people, add them to friend list and never see him again your entire life.
    And yet you can only /trade with people of your own server in BfA....priceless.