Poll: What would you do if Off-Topic was removed?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd love to see it go, especially the politics. It seems that every time I log on MMO-C from somewhere else, I have set it up such that I don't see topics from there, because in there lies the most maddening idiotic BS on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The off topic forums have become a more prominent feature of this website. But how would you react if all the off topic forums were removed from MMO Champion and only the gaming forums remained? Do you think you'd still be around?
    I'm not here for Off-topic forums but removal of them also would scatter a lot of topics into different threads - we would once more have, can X setup play X quality in WoW in the GenD and such. I have no problem with Off-Topic being around as long as it is kept in check without users coming out of the woodwork, whining about why their conspiracy theories or gender/country/whatever bashing got removed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Key to a successful website: remove some of the more popular sections of the website.

I'd like that a lot, personally. The entire forum is a shitshow of people trying their hardest to skate the line of what's within the forum's rules.

I genuinely feel kind of sorry for the moderators there because of the amount of bullshit it must be to try to comb through that mess. A good portion of the posts are shitty politically-fueled bullshit headlines and the threads that aren't political end up becoming political. There's so much misinformation and idiocy that I see posted on the front page of MMO-C while trying to see WoW and Blizzard-related news that sometimes it seriously makes me consider just using another site.

Just like how I don't visit journalist blogs and politically-leaning websites because seeing shitty misinformation peddled to people they know are too lazy to look further than the surface, I don't like to visit a forum that does the same thing. If I could put Gen-OT on a banlist or opt out of it, I would because it's a waste of time.

I've been visiting MMO-C since before I made a forum account here. Sometime in TBC if I remember correctly.

Gen O-T is a source of entertainment for me, but these forums are not the only reason why I come here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    ????

Mmo-champ hasnt really been quick to report those thelast few years. I always get news from wowhead days before I see it posted here.
    I find Wowhead's to be quite scattered (lots of little tabs and sub menus to click through, in addition to lots of visual clutter.) MMO champion presents it in a more streamlined form.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like it, don't visit it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Where is the "I'd be gone" option?
    This, while in the past I hung around a bit in other subforums. These days I'm only in Gen-OT. And almost only in the politics subforum at that.
    - Lars

I think the website would be more positive over all... That said I would loose access to seeing peoples opinions that are utterly alien to my own. Most other sites ban my kind in moments after account creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd hate going back to 9gag to waste away time. Would need to quickly find another timesink.

The actual gaming section of this website would only benefit from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Banning political shit would be all there needs to be done. It's pure cesspit there with all sides playing "holier than thou" game and throwing shit on everyone who does not agree with their "THE ONLY REAL, RIGHTEOUS AND TRUE" world view.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't really matter too much, I have Off-topic turned off on the front page recent threads anyway these days, so really only see them if I actively look at subforum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Key to a successful website: remove some of the more popular sections of the website.
    You don't cure cancer by not treating it.

Somehow I doubt they're going to get rid of one of the more popular sections on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    all 6 people who still bother with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Wouldn't really matter too much, I have Off-topic turned off on the front page recent threads anyway these days, so really only see them if I actively look at subforum.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't cure cancer by not treating it.
    a cure isn't a cure when it kills the patient.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    How? By having less traffic? It's not like the gaming section is being flooded by political trolls who spam the forums.

In a scenario like that, it could benefit the gaming section. However, now the gaming section is dead for the most part except for general wow discussion, which isn't super active either.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I've been visiting MMO-C since before I made a forum account here. Sometime in TBC if I remember correctly.

Gen O-T is a source of entertainment for me, but these forums are not the only reason why I come here.
    Same here. If it was not available or was no longer entertaining, I would stop visiting. For sure would not be upset if that was to occur.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I don't understand the people who say they'd visit more if OT was removed. They can already choose not to read it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I don't understand the people who say they'd visit more if OT was removed. They can already choose not to read it.
    lol! Exactly. It is almost like some feel like their arm is being twisted to read it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Back to 4chan.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland