Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes it will be a huge shock for people who ha e played recently. I doubt many will really understand what they are getting themselves into. On the other hand i would say there is a large group of people like me who quit long ago. Many who were on PS at one point or some who have just been gone and waiting for this to happen. Many people like me dont want the infection of the current community to come to classic and beg for changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you forgot how ultra slow the game starts? This is a positive for a lot of people, as we don't like mindless aoe'ing everything.

AOE looting appears to be the only reason you can give.

We all have 2 monitors these days, just put a movie or a tv series on while leveling.

Sure some QoL features are nice in retail, but BFA completely sucks as a game, so I can't wait for Classic.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-06-14 at 11:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember farming cloth in Scarlet Monastery.

AOE loot is a godsend.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never got the beta, but I am aware it's a slow and tough start. But you gotta take the good with the bad. Think further on endgame and PvP.

Take the good with the bad, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

- - - Updated - - -

I never got the beta, but I am aware it's a slow and tough start. But you gotta take the good with the bad. Think further on endgame and PvP.

Take the good with the bad, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

ALSO, NEVER rate the game after playing the Beta!

To me, beta has never felt real. Everything you do is lost and it's just a temporary game, you will never the the same feel about a character you know will soon be gone. The stuff you collect will be gone, eveyrthing you done will be gone. When it goes Live, everything you do suddenly matters, and that will make most people like the game more.

Please, play it again on Live and THEN decide if you like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    of all classic stuff i like, single loot isn't one of them...
    then again blizz change something that i'm 100% sure wasn't bug like getting crit when u sit, i used that 'bug' a LOT, and i NEVER tanked in vanilla, only from late TBC (not even early patch, maybe after 2.3 or 2.1?), so fixing a 'bug' that wasn't a bug is wtf

for me if i must choose classic > BFA, i don't think BFA is that bad as many make it looks like, and i facepalm from that (did they not play WoD?), but BFA is really just a slim Legion, and it comes after Legion...

Ppl want to play a great wow game, and BFA may been great if it was after WoD, but it is after Legion, making it 'worse' than it deserves
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I do not believe in Classic. The reason is simple. What made Vanilla great was it's community spirit. That's something Blizzard never wanted to admit, for them, the sucess of WoW was theyr and only theyr. Simply because they are control freaks. They destroyed the community in every way they could think of, just to prove theyr point and there we are. Yes, Vanilla was an excellent game, I do not denied it, I loved it but what made it unique was the crossing between a new generation of "mmo-players" and the old guard coming from previous MMO's.

Before WoW, MMo were groups only game. You couldn't achieve anything without others. And that's something the old generation shared with the new one. Now, this community is'nt required anymore, it doesn't exist anymore and is not even wanted anymore. So, how do you expect Classic to do ?

And it's not just about the spirit and stuff, the community generated it's own content, exploration, machinimas, pvp, events... Nothing of this were introduce by Blizzard but invented by players and Blizzard destroyed most of it.
    Bring a World Boss into a capital was fun, entertaining, ban of the people involved in it. Exploration and discovering new places was fun, also ban of the people involved in it. Blizzard want you to have fun THEYR way and THEYR way only.

That's the simple reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Maybe I am wrong and they have their Art College students for free who just want to make their Portfolio a bit better
    u really doubt the unlimited black hole of greediness that is Bobby Kodick ? He is literally greediest 'human' on earth, of course he will abuse something like that
    and i know many ppl who love to do stuff like that, since i was an idiot like that pre-30s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeArt View Post
    -snip-
    interesting pov, but prior to activision at least blizz never struck me control freak type

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I meant autoloot, so no need to click every item separately in a loot window. AOE loot is just luxury, but I suppose that would work too if the mob is in loot range. But that would seem like unallowed automation, much like auto clicking fishing bobbers.
    i know there were addons that can do that, i also know u'll get ban from doing so :P
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    So I've been talking about how great Classic will be and have probably been one of the biggest fanboys around. However I recently got into the beta and I have to admit I got it completely and totally wrong. A few minutes after sitting there hitting mobs you get the sinking feeling of "I'm too old for this". Having to click each individual mob to loot them is painfully tedious. I got to level 5 on my Rogue and realised I couldn't play any more. I've realised that the quality of life improvements in the main game aren't the problem, it's just that BfA has been a lacklustre expansion and I believe this will rapidly change with the release of 8.2. I now think that 8.2 will kill Classic not the other way around.

I just wanted to apologise to all the people I attacked for doubting the success of Classic. I believe many, many people will go through the same experience as I have.
    its not like people have been telling this for years.

like i have repeated so many times - 90% will quit before level 30.

because its old game with garbage gameplay .

nostalgia is not enough to keep people in .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So you forgot how ultra slow the game starts? This is a positive for a lot of people, as we don't like mindless aoe'ing everything.

AOE looting appears to be the only reason you can give.

We all have 2 monitors these days, just put a movie or a tv series on while leveling.

Sure some QoL features are nice in retail, but BFA completely sucks as a game, so I can't wait for Classic.
    seems like classic is such a good game if people are already planing to watch movies instead enjoying game

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not like people have been telling this for years.

like i have repeated so many times - 90% will quit before level 30.

because its old game with garbage gameplay .

nostalgia is not enough to keep people in .

- - - Updated - - -

seems like classic is such a good game if people are already planing to watch movies instead enjoying game
    While i dont disagree most wont make it past 30 thats really what im hoping for. If they are retail players who are going to beg for changes. The retail community is toxic as hell and people today for the most part dont understand what a server community is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post

P.S. I've been playing a good bit longer than you and I'm tired of your bullshit about how you're the true WoW fan. You like what you like and that's fine. You don't need to try to act like you're better or smarter or more pure.
    Never once acted or stated I was a "true WoW fan" or insinuated others were not. Never said I was better, or smarter, or that my opinion had any more weight than any other person.

I just debate my points and perspective... if you find that smart... then thank you. If you feel my opinion has more weight because of intelligent debate, then thank you again.

Generally when someone starts to use these types of derogatory comments, it's because they lack the ability to debate the topic... and they get angry. You need to realize that common sense is still a thing... and and while there are a decent amount of people who enjoy BfA, there is absolutely no arguing that the majority of people feel that it is the worst expansion to date... and that's saying something what with WoD and Legion to follow.

If one defends BfA as staunchly as you do... then I would have to say you need need to really take a look at who is the fanboi. You say I crap on BfA in the General forums.... isn;t that exactly what you are doing here?

I am telling you stright up... I cannot force myself to play BfA.. .to ME... it is really that bad. I am not alone in that sentiment. If you want to present an argument that you assemble Mythic+ in 5 minutes as a sign that BfA is healthy... then I'm going to call you out on that. But in the end.. I don;t care if you love to play BfA and hate Classic... you do you. You can crap all over Classic (and you've actually done a little of that) and it doesn't bother me in the least... I know some people won't like Classic... I'm totally good with that. It doesn't upset me in the least.

Because I will play it and have a blast... I have no agenda to convince others to play it.... the servers will be full of people who want to play it... each individual server.

I wish you many years of enjoyment of modern WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Some people will enjoy it.
    Some will hate it.
    Some will never try it.

It is all preference. It is a nice option to have, so long as it does not (and they have said it has not) detract from Live content production.
    Oh but it will. As both are payed for with the same sub.

I was wrong about Classic, too. I've played since vanilla beta. When I heard about the call to bring back Classic I wasn't interested. When I heard Classic was actually going to be released, I told guildies and friends that I'd never play because "I had fun at the time but I don't feel any need to play Classic. I like the current QOL changes too much to go back."

I got into Classic beta and because I am always so grateful to be offered a beta opportunity (yes, I know that's corny. It's just the way I am), I logged in to play for a couple of hours.

And I got hooked. I've been having SO much fun, and am now looking forward to playing a Classic character.

So I was wrong about Classic too. It's just that I've never felt any need to make a big deal out of my preferences or put other people down for their opinions about Classic. I suspect there are a lot of players like me - folks who may or may not be looking forward to Classic, and who are quite content to respect others' opinions about it.

I have NO idea what "most" players will or won't do once they've experienced Classic. None of us know that. I know I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. But I get it when I see people say that they've tried it and just don't want to deal with it. Either way I hope Classic succeeds, because success will ultimately benefit both versions of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    ...we don't like mindless aoe'ing everything...
    Dunno what you on about. One of the fastest Vanilla leveling was blizzard mages mount pulling big groups of mobs.

Im glad some are enjoying it but i bet there are many like me going i really dont want beeta. The time investment is going to be bad enough to do it on live servers. I dont want to waste my time in a beta that will just be taken away from me to do it again on live. I absolutly hate betas so mine has gone to waste. I was glad to get it but my wife is already going to be bull shit with me when i grind to 60 once.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    I don't think you know what "objectively" means...

You're using it like American teens use the word "literally".

it is impossible for something to be "objectively better". "Better" is a subjective term by definition.
    i'm using it correctly, because it's the objective truth.

only dumb boomers think classic's better than bc, and their opinions are wrong. yes, some opinions can be wrong. it's a better game all around, because all of the game actually functions in bc, where half the specs were nearly completely useless in vanilla.

bc fixes every negative of vanilla while maintaining the same old school things that vanilla had. it is objectively superior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    I do it with all games that have a grind, also done it in WoW since I got a 2nd monitor, which was probably around WotLK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Dunno what you on about. One of the fastest Vanilla leveling was blizzard mages mount pulling big groups of mobs.
    I've never played a mage in vanilla, but what they do is not mindless. They have to be careful, in BFA, you can mindless aoe while being full health and full mana afterwards. Mages in vanilla had to kite carefully, completely different from the mindless aoe that started around WotLK.

Also big WoW, one class with one spec that can aoe grind (although they have to drink after each pull), compared to what I was talking about where every single class can do it now, with total ease, all they have to do is bash some buttons.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-06-14 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I played the 20 demo as ret and hated it. I am still willing to give it a chance at launch, though my available playtime is probably too limited to grind all the way to 60.
    Because ret isn't a real spec. Try a rogue or really any class with buttons to press.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

only dumb boomers think classic's better than bc, and their opinions are wrong. yes, some opinions can be wrong. it's a better game all around, because all of the game actually functions in bc, where half the specs were nearly completely useless in vanilla.

bc fixes every negative of vanilla while maintaining the same old school things that vanilla had. it is objectively superior.
    Dont get me wrong, I do believe a strong argument can be made that tbc is better than vanilla, but it is not an objective truth.

Your use of the word “objectively” is therefore objectively wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

It's objectively inferior in that it only has like 7 zones, all of which look like crap apart from Nagrand. Nobody gives a shit about Ethereal's or whatever other crap happens in Outland because it's some floating shit-rock in space. All the best content from TBC is in Azeroth not Outland - ZA, Hyjal, Kara, Sunwell, Ghostlands. TBC systems in Azeroth would be closer to ideal.

Sadly, I assume this will be the reality for many.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV