Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A lot of guilds get alts in on farm MC clears while the guild keeps working towards getting the bindings. It makes it a lot more fun to gear alts up and break up the boredom by playing a different class.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I do have a few plans. I'm gonna trick out my computer setup with both a second pc and maybe even a treadmill so I can lose some weight while I wand turtles / run in circles around Un'Goro.

I'm also going to watch two series I've never seen before...Veep and Game of Thrones.

...but should I watch the eighth season?
    game of thrones was good up until the 6th season and then it fell off hard af.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    You spend a lot of time posting here for someone that not only hates the idea of classic, but actively discourages others from enjoying it as well.
    Its the sign of stupidity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. No one cares that haters are gonna hate, I have had more fun on a P server the last 4 months than the last 7 years of retail, and dont get me started on BFA it is just the biggest snoozefest I've experienced since WOD. Legion was decent, but BFA ? I cant put my finger on it but I am not having fun at all.

Well I for one plan on playing rogue and look forward farming the core for t1 and later on tf. And I did farm the crap of it for years. I still prefer MC rather than BWL. AQ was the best I experienced but look forward Naxx years from launch as I never experienced it in classic with proper level.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    ...than the last 7 years of retail, and dont get me started on BFA it is just the biggest snoozefest I've experienced since WOD.
    Endless difficulty progression in dugeons (M+) and pretty steep difficulty rise for mythic-raiding and you call this a snoozefest? Maybe stop doing casual stuff or things allready obsolete after the first weeks of the expansion and do challenging content.

Its the first time in WoW where you can grind as much as you want 24/7 for gear upgrades or spam 24/7 challenging content with world-rankings and against everyone else and no timegating is there to stop you from it.

As for 1-2 time raiding I feel its the most disgusting thing in this game especially for bigger raid-group sizes where its allready hard to keep the raidpool big enough on the long run. How will serious guilds deal with this toxic behaviour?

In Retail you get at least R.IO and OiLvL to check CHARACTER progression and amount of boss kills very fast but what can you do in classic? Maybe checking for retail statistics like how many months people raided continuously in retail?

Lots of headache for recruiting people if this shameless topic here is not from a minority.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always hated raid trash too

i like how almost all of you think you are gonna clear mc in their first run or even runs.

from the 40ppl that might already commited to raiding in your mind guild, 10 will be raid ready on raid day (officers and friends), 5 will have stopped lvling and logging all together , 10 will still be lvling, the other 15 will have sub bis pre raid/dungeon gear and prob some greens.

your raid start time was 19:30, its now 20:40 and you are starting to look for randoms in world or lfg
    uppon entering, your mt will say shit forgot to repair, one of your healers will wisper you that he still needs to attune

mages will start complaining after 5trades for water and your lock will killrog pull the first trash giant

there will be complaints about pots/repair gold/buffs you demanded but only 6 ppl have

its around 21:30 now your gonna pull your first trash pack.. while the small kid players are fighting mom while being afk due to bedtime.

you'll reach your first boss, and the 39ppl that boasted they killed this boss many times and know tactics... dont know the tactics and well get stacking debuff not knowing how to drop.

you're then gonna do the corehound packs 4/5 times because multiple random rambos dont understand they need to die at the same time
    to find out you should have taken a hunter for tranquil shot after

raid ends here....

sorry fact is not as fun as fantasy, but this will be the case for most guilds

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    You wont be doing it at appropriate gear level. You will do it with buffed catch-up gear from a late vanilla patch. MC will be as hard as BRD.

But it will still be fun.
    What catch-up gear are you referring to? Do you mean the high level gear that was available as a result of the undead invasions? Do you honestly thing they will lead with that event? They are going to want to milk Classics duration as much as they can. If they were to make catchup gear available it would negate the need to run BRD, BRS or do any farming for gear whatsoever and kill half the reason people wanted classic in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Endless difficulty progression in dugeons (M+) and pretty steep difficulty rise for mythic-raiding and you call this a snoozefest? Maybe stop doing casual stuff or things allready obsolete after the first weeks of the expansion and do challenging content.

Its the first time in WoW where you can grind as much as you want 24/7 for gear upgrades or spam 24/7 challenging content with world-rankings and against everyone else and no timegating is there to stop you from it.

As for 1-2 time raiding I feel its the most disgusting thing in this game especially for bigger raid-group sizes where its allready hard to keep the raidpool big enough on the long run. How will serious guilds deal with this toxic behaviour?

In Retail you get at least R.IO and OiLvL to check CHARACTER progression and amount of boss kills very fast but what can you do in classic? Maybe checking for retail statistics like how many months people raided continuously in retail?

Lots of headache for recruiting people if this shameless topic here is not from a minority.
    What I do and do not do is my concern. I could give two hooth on anything in present retail, I simply do not care for mythic or what not, because what does it matter ? Its gear that will be replaced in the hamster wheel.

The more I read posts from both sides of the proverbial aisle, the more and more I'm beginning to think of classic as an official private server, minus it being free. Let me explain.

There seems to be three camps of people. Those that think classic is a silly waste of time, those that think classic is going to be the best thing since sliced bread, and since I don't have a phrase for the third - I'll simply say realists.

While I do hope for the best when it comes to classic, after the nostalgia wears off, the clunky mechanics are remembered, the QoL changes (no, not flying) are missed, I just can't see it having anything but a small core of loyal players. I think classic is going to be more like a console game where you login for 30-60 minutes (perhaps after your retail raids, etc), do 1 thing and then log off.

Outside of streamers, anyone that played classic has grown up, has careers, is married/engaged/attached, has family/kids, or just otherwise does not have anywhere near the same amount of time to invest into the game that classic/BC required. Even with the streamers though, they aren't going to suddenly ditch retail (and their guilds) to play classic full-time.

Perhaps, and this would be a stretch, but perhaps Blizzard isn't looking at classic in terms of success/failure. Perhaps they aren't looking at it in terms of progressing to BC and then LK if the numbers warrant it. Perhaps they are looking at it as nothing more than an in-house marketing campaign to get players to come back, feel nostalgic about WoW, give retail a try and enjoy WoW for more than a few months *and/or* keep people subscribed during content droughts.

I truly do hope whatever happens, Blizzard is shocked at the amount of interest in classic and even future retail decisions are rooted in "why is there so much interest in classic?! makes no sense!". :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fathr View Post
    What I do and do not do is my concern. I could give two hooth on anything in present retail, I simply do not care for mythic or what not, because what does it matter ? Its gear that will be replaced in the hamster wheel.
    So what exactly is it that you are so attracted to classic for? Not being sarcastic or anything, just trying to get feedback on what people like so much about classic vs retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    What catch-up gear are you referring to? Do you mean the high level gear that was available as a result of the undead invasions? Do you honestly thing they will lead with that event? They are going to want to milk Classics duration as much as they can. If they were to make catchup gear available it would negate the need to run BRD, BRS or do any farming for gear whatsoever and kill half the reason people wanted classic in the first place.
    I *think*(?) when people say that comment they mean how Blizzard said all of the gear changes that were present in 1.12 will be the 1.12 version, and from what I remember there was a pretty big list of gear changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    i like how almost all of you think you are gonna clear mc in their first run or even runs.

from the 40ppl that might already commited to raiding in your mind guild, 10 will be raid ready on raid day (officers and friends), 5 will have stopped lvling and logging all together , 10 will still be lvling, the other 15 will have sub bis pre raid/dungeon gear and prob some greens.

your raid start time was 19:30, its now 20:40 and you are starting to look for randoms in world or lfg
    uppon entering, your mt will say shit forgot to repair, one of your healers will wisper you that he still needs to attune

mages will start complaining after 5trades for water and your lock will killrog pull the first trash giant

there will be complaints about pots/repair gold/buffs you demanded but only 6 ppl have

its around 21:30 now your gonna pull your first trash pack.. while the small kid players are fighting mom while being afk due to bedtime.

you'll reach your first boss, and the 39ppl that boasted they killed this boss many times and know tactics... dont know the tactics and well get stacking debuff not knowing how to drop.

you're then gonna do the corehound packs 4/5 times because multiple random rambos dont understand they need to die at the same time
    to find out you should have taken a hunter for tranquil shot after

raid ends here....

sorry fact is not as fun as fantasy, but this will be the case for most guilds
    While all of this brings back memories, and I think at least for the first few weeks of raids people will do this (missing all of the QoL changes that make most of this not an issue on retail) I certainly hope people aren't this shitty still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo, what up G?
    Lemme tell you about MC
    You ain't got no life
    You ain't got no friends
    And I know you want to spend your weekend with 40 people you don't know
    And some guy named Puff telling you what to do!
    "Oh hell yeah that's me, where do I sign up?"
    On the website!
    "Wow!"
    You can be a winner!
    "Eeeeeee!"
    We're MC raiders
    We ain't got no lives
    You ain't got to tell me about attunement
    If you've got core fragments you've already been through it
    Talk to the quest guy and jump through the hole and...
    Give me your buffs so i can pull like a pro man
    Let's go bitches
    Olgra on the left, Thinktank on the right
    Pull those big ass giants
    "No mortal Strike!"
    Who pulled the surger with the core hounds?
    I think a hunter did, but he's dead now
    Shut up noob, this is my song
    Sorry!
    Lucifron, Magmadar, Gehennas and Garr
    Farm status players
    Have you got that far?
    Ok, who was the living bomb?
    I didn't know...
    Well congratulations, you win the dumbass award!
    (Sobbing)This is my first time!
    You're not 1337 enough for molten core
    We're MC raiders
    We ain't go no lives
    You ain't got to tell me bout them epics
    I just disenchanted one into a nexus
    Shazzrah, Golemagg and Sulfuron
    Another thunderstrike that nobody will roll on
    "Paladins, Hunters, anybody?"
    "I am not wasting DKP on that piece of crap!"
    "OooK"
    Majordomo's chest
    It's time for the fat loot
    Will we get the Leaf
    Or an Eye of Divinity
    Why don't we have a Druid tank Rag?
    Hax!
    I've got 13000 AC!
    Nerf!
    Shadow form Ok?
    No!
    I'm gonna do it anyway
    Hell no!
    We're MC raiders
    We ain't go no lives
    You guys suck!
    Start walking back

--MC Raiders - Myndflame

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Not really concerned by being attacked by toxic posters who are in force on classic sub forum. There is a pattern in classic die hards, they all get aggressive the moment someone says anything that isnt classic wow praising.

Another pattern is that all hostile posters towards me are sub 100 post forum users. Like you. And like you they lack logic in their posts.
    Lmao, who cares if I am a sub 100 post, my join date is much longer and anyway, if that's your best insult, lulz. Sorry I don't waste all day getting pissy (look at your last 48 hours of posts, seriously) about nothing. Cya, taking the dogs for a walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also sooo excited to log in vanilla wow, kill some wolves in elwynn, realise how badly that game has aged, be thankful for bfa and log out.
    Don't think anyone in their right mind is thankful for BFA, or anything after MoP tbh.

I start At cap 70 BC so this will be a little new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahlah View Post
    Lmao, who cares if I am a sub 100 post, my join date is much longer and anyway, if that's your best insult, lulz. Sorry I don't waste all day getting pissy (look at your last 48 hours of posts, seriously) about nothing. Cya, taking the dogs for a walk.
    Well, literally your only point in this thread is to attack me, so yeah, you are kinda pathetic. Probably best if you dont come back from your walk and stop posting here indeed.

I am looking forward to a server based community, and the social aspect of the game! There are no addons for auto grouping, there is a sense of RPG over the whole thing including the small nuisances which, when all put together just gives me something to work towards, be that white things need for professions, having to craft arrows etc. etc. the amount is just too high to list here. Suffice to say: Retail today is totally lacking anything I find fun, and have enjoyed from Wow since I started playing those close to 15 years ago.

Well, literally your only point in this thread is to attack me, so yeah, you are kinda pathetic. Probably best if you dont come back from your walk and stop posting here indeed.
    Is there actually no moderation team here? Or why is it fine for this clearly mentally troubled person to keep embarrassing himself with keyboard warrior posts that contribute just as much to the conversation as the posters he's having a go at?

Jesus, take a look at your post history and exercice some self reflection. You clearly have problems and a misplaced sense of self importance.
    Last edited by Rakael; 2019-06-16 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    Is there actually no moderation team here? Or why is it fine for this clearly mentally troubled person to keep embarrassing himself with keyboard warrior posts that contribute just as much to the conversation as the posters he's having a go at?

Jesus, take a look at your post history and exercice some self reflection. You clearly have problems and a misplaced sense of self importance.
    Hello another 100ish poster who's only reason to post in this thread to be a toxic piece of shit. How's your day?

Hello another 100ish poster who's only reason to post in this thread to be a toxic piece of shit. How's your day?
    Clearly better than yours.

Seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    Clearly better than yours.

Seek help.
    Probably not, seeing how you cared to make shit post just to attack strager over internet, because he trashed your 15 years old game.