Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    min maxers will go dwarf priests
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    In a perfect world where you will never waste your wotf or zerk rage by miss clicks or whatever and can be assured fears will never be an issue for you then trolls are by far the best horde main tanks in vanilla, which for every non fear/sleep/charm mechanic boss they are..
    Fair enough Thanks for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    In Vanilla, the Alliance had the clear edge in raiding. However, most high end raiders these days play horde and may be more comfortable in familiarity. Very hard to say for certain.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

I think original vanilla wow players are going to flock to horde because it was less populated back then, requiring some long wait times for battlegrounds if you were an alliance, pvp fan. At least this was my experience in vanilla, and I don't have the knowledge to speak for everyone so I could be mistaken.

IMO, pvp will drive classic wow, which will lean heavily on the horde side anticipating faster BG pops. On topic, dwarf priests and paladins are needed for min maxing, particularly with salv on fury warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Min Max is a play style mate
    Min max was not a play style in WoW as you know it now until Cata. If you are using modern tactics to min max you are going to blow through classic content faster then heroic gets cleared in retail.

Despite alliance advantages i fully expect horde to be the first to re clear everything in classic. Ever since paid faction transfers became a thing the horde have consumed the alliance raiding scene, unless a significant amount of the current horde who used to be alliance go back to their roots and play alliance the majority of classic raiders will be horde, the people they play with now who have been horde since release will most likely want to stay horde and the vanilla alliance/current horde players will stick with their new found friends.

There will of course be lots of alliance raiders too, but most of the hardcore will be horde imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salvation is so good in raids that it pushes whatever Shamans provide to the wayside. Not to say shamans are bad. I love Windfury as much as the next guy, but Salvation simply allows for higher numbers to exist, where as the Horde has to stop dps, which is frustrating to everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    BoS and BoK > Horde
    LOL... yeah sure

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    LOL... yeah sure
    Alliance absolutely dominated Naxx because of those two things.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Was Horde in vanilla to today,other than a small stint in MoP to halfway through WOD, will probably be playing Alliance in Classic. Leveled a prot paladin to 30 on beta, working on a warrior now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    I think a lot of individual people would love to play alliance for PvE - but they're held back by group of friends that want to stick to horde cause they prefer PvP'ing in downtime as there's not much PvE farm happening outside of raids.

I do forsee a huge issue with PvP queues in Europe if not more people go Alliance
    This, my friend group are doing this. I'll have to suck it up and go Horde because cba lonewolfwing... RIP my pala.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Min max was not a play style in WoW as you know it now until Cata. If you are using modern tactics to min max you are going to blow through classic content faster then heroic gets cleared in retail.
    It was not a play style back then, but it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It was not a play style back then, but it is now.
    Yes, a play style that will remain on retail because the people playing like this on classic will promptly find out there is a very limited scope of anything they could accomplish that would be "special".

Like if you honestly think classic could keep an organization like Method entertained if they went full min/max on it you're kidding yourself. They will have every raid cleared the day they open.

Every single world first/fastest will be alliance.
    Because of threatcap.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Every single world first/fastest will be alliance.
    Because of threatcap.
    Horde will be far ahead of Alliance because population differences. Horde will have more players than alliance and thus more raiders. Just like on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    Remember when windfury could proc off itself infinitely, and sometimes hit for 20-30 strikes at a time? Pepperidge farm remembers.
    Yes, and they will have for sure aggro and die. A dead dps does not deal damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    Horde will be far ahead of Alliance because population differences. Horde will have more players than alliance and thus more raiders. Just like on live.
    And horde will level much much slower. Also you forgot the no-elves-factor. Horde did only exist in Burning Crusade and Wrath due to Blood elves, made up around 50-75% of the population

No elves for horde in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

What nobody mention is not only BoS, but i personally believe that paladins are also the better healer. While Shaman had a lot of AoE-Healing thanks to chain heal, it also was by far not a smart-heal in vanilla, and AoE-Healing could be done by priests without much issue too. Paladin on the other hands didn't had much healing, but they could nontheless tank-heal better than any other class in the game, and if they had enough crit, they didn't really had an issue with mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post

And horde will level much much slower. Also you forgot the no-elves-factor. Horde did only exist in Burning Crusade and Wrath due to Blood elves, made up around 50-75% of the population

No elves for horde in vanilla.
    Why would they level slower than alliance? That makes no sense.

Does not matter if there is no elves on Horde because most people play horde now and horde are even better on classic than on retail so there is no reason what so ever to go alliance if you already play horde on retail. You went horde for a reason and the reason is still there today (the alliance side of the game is more or less dead on retail thanks to better racials on horde). More players play a faction = more players will play that faction rather than roll a low pop faction.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    [*]Stone form (for the armor, i do not recall any other uses)
    It also removed poisons/bleeds/diseases and gave you immunity from those things for its duration. Although I can't recall how useful that part was in raid situations (iirc, it didn't work to get you out of those effects when they were applied by some bosses). It was a pretty nice "fuck you" button against rogues in PvP situations though. It used to even work for a rogue's Blind when Blind was still considered a poison effect.

But yeah, the armor was fairly nice as an extra damage reduction cooldown you could hit if you were playing a dwarf tank against anything that could be mitigated by the extra armor.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-06-18 at 02:10 PM.

seriously though 20% or whatever % less aggro makes the raid able to do so much more than a windfury totem only affecting tanks aggro gen.

its not a contest.

and i will be playing horde on classic.

totems could actually have a 40 yard range if a) you specced in to it, or b) you had 5 piece earthfury? maybe it was 3 (prolly still doesn't make it better than pallys, imagine totems were raid wide instead of party)

usually you weren't spread out heaps, though on some fights it helped if you were.