Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The real question is why any woman would want Chun Li legs. *shudders*
    To squat more than her boyfriend can? Girl in the photo is flexing in good lighting, they probably don't look quite so massive in person and otherwise she looks great, taking pride in her physical fitness. Those legs and her general physique looks quite a lot like you'd see on a track cyclist, maybe she does race.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'm overweight because food is fucking delicious, and eating helps me cope with stress. Also because I'm a lazy shit who sits on my ass for like, 12-16 hours a day.
    Trying to fix that though.

My anti depressives don't help when I go on them, usually gain 1-2kg a month I'm on them
    Do you live outside the city? If so buy a mountain bike, swap foods for healthier but equally delicious foods. It'd get you off your ass, the exercise might help with the depression and would certainly be an enjoyable past time, not to mention physical benefits. I realise people giving "advise" isn't always helpful, but meaningful differences often only take subtle steps in the right direction, hard to initially take the step but amazing feeling when you do.

Was a thread that popped up around the topic of depression/mountain biking on Reddit just yesterday - https://www.reddit.com/r/MTB/comment...ng_to_help_my/.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-06-18 at 07:38 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    its simple... they rather eat like pigs than to be healthy and look good... looking healthy is good... fat is disgusting... they are married to their food...

- - - Updated - - -

lol... bet u would kill if someone touched ur food...
    Married to my Wife, actually. Quite happily too.

It's fun reading these posts from middle-school children on here like this one. Not much has changed in my ~32 years thus far - humans are still, for the most part, self-centered idiots who think everyone's life is like their own. C'est la vie.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is why any woman would want Chun Li legs. *shudders*
    Because it's sexy as all get out. Muscly legs have always been a thing for me, I can't explain it. Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian and I appreciate things that make you good at skating/hockey.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You'll never get Chun Li legs if you only eat ice cream. (She's also 5'4, and weighs ~60kg/135lbs)
    That just looks awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    That just looks awful.
    I vehemently disagree, but I also don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    As another biologist, you are over-complicating the issue. It is true that genetics, sleep, education, and lifestyle affect weight, but all of these can be overcome by discipline and hard work. The forces of metabolism and basic thermodynamics are much stronger than whatever the latest sleep expert has to say about this issue. The uncomfortable truth is that most of the obesity epidemic would go away if people were more disciplined about what they ate. So what if your BMR is 30% lower than average? Eat 30% less. It really is that simple. The advice might not work for many people because they simply are unwilling to follow it, but that is something for the individual to fix and not rely on excuses.
    If you are a biologist, then please explain the physiological mechanism to trigger ketosis on sleep deprivation because there's no way to lose fat without it. With respect, your attitude of "just work at it" has totally failed from a public policy standpoint in literally every nation it's ever been tried in. We don't tell alcoholics to go cold turkey, we don't tell smokers to "just keep at it." As a fellow biologist you should have the background to know that this isn't how public health crises are tackled anywhere.

I vehemently disagree, but I also don't really care.

Looks better than that.

10+ Year Old Account

Looks better than that.
    Yep, looks better than that.

You'll never get Chun Li legs if you only eat ice cream. (She's also 5'4, and weighs ~60kg/135lbs)
    *purrs*
    Sexy...

It's a legitimate answer though, and it's obviously her opinion. She has as much right to post it as anyone else. It was put very bluntly but I guarantee you it's not a different opinion than many others in this thread have.
    firstly, absolutely they have the right to their opinion, and to post it.
    just as i have the right to point out that they're being a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Not everybody can blame genetics and problems with their metabolism.

I eat fast food like 4-5 times a week, and on top of that lots of snacks and soda, basically I never think about what I put in my mouth, and I'm not even slightly overweight (77 kilos on 179 cm). I'm also 31 so I've reached the age where the metabolism "apparantely slows down".

Do people constantly have their hands in a bag of crisps, or a spoonful of icecream, or what?

I just don't understand how people can let themselves become so big when I'm such a lazy fuck, who don't even go to the gym, who manage to stay healthy.
    In before someone mentions that my insides probably are rotten to the core. Nope, had my biyearly health exam last month and all of my tests came out perfect.
    I think it has to do with time management skills and effort for starters. Take myself as an example: I drive about 1.5 hours total roughly 45 mins to and from work each day. I don't really have time to cook homemade meals every day or I would be exhausted. I for years have always made a home cooked meal each and every day for my son and or just myself. Granted I was out of work for 7 years and was hard to find employment so on. Now that I am working I have had to cut back the amount of time I cook because, of travel time.

Time management is a very difficult thing to do effectively and still be able to keep stress down. I do it well with keeping a rigorous schedule of events on my google calendar and constant updates each day. I try to balance as much free time into my daily activities because, I need that time with my son to just listen to him, play, function as a good adult and not a crazy person running around all the time. I even have to squeeze in time somewhere to do my normal grocery shopping which is very little bits at a time considering costs.

I could elaborate more; however, I'll keep it short.

I think the problem initially stems from(at least in America) is: This underappreciated and overworked as far as total hours v.s. downtime workers have. I feel that 14 days of vacation a year is sad for the average or less is even worse for the time it takes to even do anything else. A lot of people in America work 5 days a week in most places which in itself is a HUGE commitment of time and effort. That takes away from the effectiveness of any sort of effort to eat well or better. I personally have zero time to exercise on top of arriving home at 530pm everyday before starting my tasks for the next day which take about an hour. Child sports, homework, shower, another 2 hours each day. Currently I've agreed to let my sons mother(persist in her negative ideals) of TELLING our child he cannot continue the 2 sports he has going on.

In the mean time I am trying to learn my new job, not suck at it for the time being, and then in August attend university for my bachelors degree. I intend to try and keep busy so as to not let my body and mind become bored with doing absolutely nothing but sitting all day. I want to keep busy because, it helps to curb bad eating habits. Eating veggies raw each day helps me in my case and I love raw veg. But, it sucks that I cannot couple that together with exercise to get my weight down more than I want it currently. I've done good this year but, keeping it off when winter comes is a very difficult challenge for anyone in cold climates.

Discipline yourself in saying why spend the money when you can make it homemade better and fresh! You can cheat a little bit on one's diet but, don't do it all the time. Balance, Lots of veggies and fat free yogurt with very few carbs. Start by cutting out completely sugary drinks, pop, soda, cola. Next cut pasta way down.... Because, I know everyone loves it. Then beef up the veg content and healthy cheap alternatives.

Just have to tell yourself that it's bad to eat bad food and be unhealthy, it's expensive, and has dire consequences. Do what you can to be good in all aspects. Look up some Asian cultural norms about eating and healthy things. Lots of interesting things about how Asian cultures survive on WAY less than what we average Americans eat each day.

Find new foods. Don't say no! just try something new!

Change is good, remember that. CHANGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    its simple... they rather eat like pigs than to be healthy and look good... looking healthy is good... fat is disgusting... they are married to their food...
    alternative theory: they enjoy the pleasure of eating and not moving more than they enjoy satisfying your idea of what kind of body they'd have to have in order for you to want to fuck them.

also, since so many people are correlating "weight" with "attractiveness" i'd like to point out for the record that if you're not immediately and indiscriminately disdainful of fat people, there are just as many hot fat people as there are ugly skinny people - weight has very little to do with that, at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    alternative theory: they enjoy the pleasure of eating and not moving more than they enjoy satisfying your idea of what kind of body they'd have to have in order for you to want to fuck them.

also, since so many people are correlating "weight" with "attractiveness" i'd like to point out for the record that if you're not immediately and indiscriminately disdainful of fat people, there are just as many hot fat people as there are ugly skinny people - weight has very little to do with that, at least IMO.
    There are no hot fat people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    To squat more than her boyfriend can? Girl in the photo is flexing in good lighting, they probably don't look quite so massive in person and otherwise she looks great, taking pride in her physical fitness. Those legs and her general physique looks quite a lot like you'd see on a track cyclist, maybe she does race.
    I mean, if it's conducive to her lifestyle, eg, track, etc, then sure. But it's not attractive [to me].

Because it's sexy as all get out. Muscly legs have always been a thing for me, I can't explain it. Maybe it's cause I'm Canadian and I appreciate things that make you good at skating/hockey.
    I suppose to each his/her own, but defined muscles (including abs) are masculine [to me], so I'll take a hard pass.

https://i.imgur.com/ZRTTDZol.png
    Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    This is misleading. One need not be disdainful of fat people to find fat unattractive. Fat, especially in excess, is inherently unattractive. Your analogy doesn't really work because in a relative context, there are a lot of ugly skinny people and no "hot" fat people. In fact, most people consider finding fat people "hot" a fetish.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-06-18 at 08:07 PM.

It's more about quantity rather than what you eat.

There are no hot fat people.
    I have to agree.
    Being overweight for whatever reason isn't healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by oxyzz View Post
    snip
    I can understand being repulsed by someone who can barely walk perhaps, weighing 200 kg or something. I can especially understand feeling angry that they willfully ignore the health risks while you get type-1 diabetes being so active.
    You can however also be overweight by like 10-20 kg and I'd never berate someone for not losing said weight so they can feel "normal" in appearance. Not everyone who's overweight is obese, shoving pizzas and stuff down their throats. The person's "argument" was about the appearance, not the detriment to their health or to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's more about quantity rather than what you eat.
    That's what Americans think. More for less. However, most of the world does not approach eat to the extreme that we(Americans) do. Asian cultures especially make lots of food but, they believe 100% that it is what you eat that is the important part. Take a lot look at all the many different Asian style cuisine and dishes of traditional foods. Most have broths, tons of veggies, cooked meat in portion sizes.

I mean, if it's conducive to her lifestyle, eg, track, etc, then sure. But it's not attractive [to me].

I suppose to each his/her own, but defined muscles (including abs) are masculine [to me], so I'll take a hard pass.

Much better.
    Well you did ask "why would any woman want Chun'Li legs" and I gave you the probable answer, she's an athlete, and they are functional. Her lack of upper body combined with those massive powerful legs points to track cycling, there aren't many sports that need that much power/muscle in the legs while also cutting upper body weight.

I mean check out these two, same deal.

And at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if you're attracted to her or not, she probably didn't train/eat to grow big legs like that for the sake of looking attractive, but all the same I doubt she has trouble finding men who are attracted to her.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    I can understand being repulsed by someone who can barely walk perhaps, weighing 200 kg or something. I can especially understand feeling angry that they willfully ignore the health risks while you get type-1 diabetes being so active.
    You can however also be overweight by like 10-20 kg and I'd never berate someone for not losing said weight so they can feel "normal" in appearance. Not everyone who's overweight is obese, shoving pizzas and stuff down their throats. The person's "argument" was about the appearance, not the detriment to their health or to society.
    I agree with you, I don't see people that is 15-20 kg as obese, neither do I get disgusted by it. I consider it normal, as in this is within the spectrum of weight we can find most people (underweight <-> normal <-> slighty overweight) in. And yeah, I also agree that bullying someone for their weigth or apperance is just not ok.

My problem is with entitled obese people. Not chubby people. Unfortunately, obesity is increasing at alarming rates.