Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    So essentially "we needed to make the story work, so we made it work without any logic"
    It’s not hard to understand and there’s logic involved - we left them there. We raided the place and moved onto Argus, which let’s be fair, was the bigger problem. It funnily enough makes sense, seeing as we always do move on and forget about places we’ve raided.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sylvanas isnt even fucking in this patch dude...
    also remember when illidsan was a mid expansion boss, as was kaelthas? we have always had major villians mid expansion or else we would still be fighting the lich king right now.
    Way over your head. Sylvanas will, by the end of the expansion, been the focal point of the entire story, a story that's been polarizing and ill-received by the player base at best. Meanwhile, Azshara, a character big enough to be the main villain of her own expansion, was relegated to a mid-expansion patch.

"Major villain" shouldn't be used as loosely. Kael'thas was a whole other beast. Technically, he shouldn't have been a villain at all, but that's a whole different argument. Azshara has been set up lore-wise to be as big as characters like Kil'jaeden, The Lich King, and Deathwing, power and character-wise. Not on the level of lesser villains like Gul'dan, Zul'jin, or Yogg-saron. Then again, it's not the first time Blizzard fucked up. Lei-shen should have been the final boss of Mists, not Garrosh hopped up on Old God heart juice but that's irrelevant here and now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Good for you and grats on nobody cares?
    Aww, how edgy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Wow, so many pretty pictures. Too bad the lens through which we see the game is fundamentally broken thanks to the lawyer turned "game dev" bleeding the gameplay of any and all complexity to cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    ???It hasn't even been on the PTR for that long though haha???
    yes it has like a month and a half to 2 now.

Man 8.2 gives me boners.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    Wow, so many pretty pictures. Too bad the lens through which we see the game is fundamentally broken thanks to the lawyer turned "game dev" bleeding the gameplay of any and all complexity to cut costs.
    How do you think there cutting cost? They put a metric ton of work into all the azerite pieces with tons of different effects and then put even more time into the essences. It’s unlikely they have saved any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Way over your head. Sylvanas will, by the end of the expansion, been the focal point of the entire story, a story that's been polarizing and ill-received by the player base at best. Meanwhile, Azshara, a character big enough to be the main villain of her own expansion, was relegated to a mid-expansion patch.

"Major villain" shouldn't be used as loosely. Kael'thas was a whole other beast. Technically, he shouldn't have been a villain at all, but that's a whole different argument. Azshara has been set up lore-wise to be as big as characters like Kil'jaeden, The Lich King, and Deathwing, power and character-wise. Not on the level of lesser villains like Gul'dan, Zul'jin, or Yogg-saron. Then again, it's not the first time Blizzard fucked up. Lei-shen should have been the final boss of Mists, not Garrosh hopped up on Old God heart juice but that's irrelevant here and now.
    KJ while was in BC, was also just a mid expansion boss with nothing more really than the 7.2 trailer to lead into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaking Frumpy Frak View Post
    you mean by adding a ton of new super complex and customizable essences that you can mix and match...?

Okay .. so.. she used the tidestone to invite us to raid her palace??? Why not raise the waters after we got dumped down there and drown everyone?

Or why not create a Giant tidal wave? Why open a hole directly above her palace? I don't get it.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-06-19 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Okay .. so.. she used the tidestone to invite us to raid her palace??? Why not raise the waters after we got dumped down there and drown everyone?

Or why not create a Giant tidal wave? Why open a hole directly above her palace? I don't get it.

because she wants to give us a chance to join her
    then wants us to entertain her and weed out some of her weaker subjects who are not worthy.
    she needs us to activate our hearts of azeroth against her to free nzoth, cause the whole time magni has been being fooled and we have been helping them by powering up not a necklace, but a key.
    then she decides to collapse the waters in on us, but we stop her from doing so.

you asked for this.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2019-06-19 at 04:30 AM.

but its just a copy/paste of motherlode, your taste is horrid mate.
    zone is so dull all brown and grey its literally a trash heap.

- - - Updated - - -

sylvanas isnt even fucking in this patch dude...
    also remember when illidsan was a mid expansion boss, as was kaelthas? we have always had major villians mid expansion or else we would still be fighting the lich king right now.
    Do you actually remember how it was? And remember Blizzard admitting that they've screwed things up? From not leaving Illidan as the TBC end boss (but not mid expansion btw, that position is for Kael'thas and Vashj) to wasting a legendary weapon (Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury) as a carrot to keep people interested in Sunwell Plateau.

Black Temple was the last content originally scheduled for TBC. Sunwell Plateau was something that they've put together because they had no WotLK to release in time. So no, major villains aren't used like that all the time. By saying what you've said, you're saying that Halion was the major villain for WotLK (another raid/boss not originally scheduled for it's expansion), which would be wrong.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2019-06-19 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Do you actually remember how it was? And remember Blizzard admitting that they've screwed things up? From not leaving Illidan as the TBC end boss (but not mid expansion btw, that position is for Kael'thas and Vashj) to wasting a legendary weapon (Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury) as a carrot to keep people interested in Sunwell Plateau.

Black Temple was the last content originally scheduled for TBC. Sunwell Plateau was something that they've put together because they had no WotLK to release on time. So no, major villains aren't used like that all the time.
    except.... except they are

illidan
    kaelthas
    lady vash
    black hand
    imperator margok
    sinestra
    chogall
    nefarian
    ragnaros
    cthun
    yog sarron
    kelthuzad
    malygos
    mannaroth

shall i go on?

except.... except they are

illidan
    kaelthas
    lady vash
    black hand
    imperator margok
    sinestra
    chogall
    nefarian
    ragnaros
    cthun
    yog sarron
    kelthuzad
    malygos
    mannaroth

shall i go on?
    Not, they're not. Or are you going to say that Halion was the major villain for WotLK and LK was the mid boss?

You're even mixing the Major villains with others that were not major for the warcraft franchise or not even exactly villains for most of the story (really, Malygos? hahaha). Just check your own list, it's like throwing Daredevil with Captain Marvel and saying they're both Marvel heroes, so they're on the same level.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2019-06-19 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Not challenging FFXIV in any way, btw..

Oh no no no..
    Completely coincidental™

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Not, they're not. Or are you going to say that Halion was the major villain for WotLK and LK was the mid boss?

You're even mixing the Major villains with others that were not major for the warcraft franchise or not even exactly villains for most of the story (really, Malygos? hahaha).
    Hailion was not a major vilian

chogall was
    ragnaros was
    cthun was
    yog sarron was
    kelthuzad was
    malygos was
    mannaroth was
    lady vash, kaelthas, illidan all were

all of these were charecters that had massive storylines leading up to them, or prior lore from long long ago.

Hailion was not a major vilian

chogall was
    ragnaros was
    cthun was
    yog sarron was
    kelthuzad was
    malygos was
    mannaroth was
    lady vash, kaelthas, illidan all were

all of these were charecters that had massive storylines leading up to them, or prior lore from long long ago.

also yes malygos was a villian for a long, long time.
    Yes, sure he was.

Anyway. You've said that Illidan was a mid boss, not a major villain from TBC because Black Temple wasn't the last raid.

So, by your own standards, Halion was the major villain from WotLK.

Again, you're just putting "DareDevil" and "Thor" (both heroes) on the same level because they're both... heroes.

"oh, they're major because they were raid bosses and final raid bosses from those raids!" guess Gruul was a major warcraft franchise villain too. Nightbane... Will of the Emperor... Garrosh... G'huun... Rastakhan...

They've all had massive storylines, which doesn't mean they were that big for the franchise and that's the point. Blizzard messed with Illidan (and admitted it) and they're doing it again because they just want Sylvannas to be bigger than anything, almost a new LK.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2019-06-19 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's a full week before. I figure people can get their WoW fix for a week, then jump onto Shadowbringers.
    Whats a Shadowbringers i only know of BFA ftw!

I like how predictions of it coming out around Shadowbringers release was dead on. (Shadowbringers early access starts june 28th). Blizz has a knack for "accidentally" releasing expansions and big patches around the time other competitive MMOs do the same, huh?

I mean, here is a patch that could've been done weeks ago, being frankly, artificially delayed.
    Last edited by Dastreus; 2019-06-19 at 05:38 AM.

Got around to lvl my Zandalari Priest and he is now ready for 8.2

I took a decent break from wow, returned to lvl my priest and now I just do random bgs and wait for this awesome patch to hit live servers.

And after enjoying 8.2 for a while classic is close!

Looking good!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I like how predictions of it coming out around Shadowbringers release was dead on. (Shadowbringers early access starts june 28th). Blizz has a knack for "accidentally" releasing expansions and big patches around the time other competitive MMOs do the same, huh?

I mean, here is a patch that could've been done weeks ago, being frankly, artificially delayed.
    so what? The same people that cry about this is the same people who hate wow and dont play it anymore. So why is it even a issue? Play Final fantasy, wow, or heck I dont know, both?

Its even worse for those who play both games and still bitch about this. Oh no, you get two great content updates for two good games you enjoy, the horror!

People complain that content patches for wow gives them a few hours playtime anyway, so it doesnt even matter really.