Poll: Which WOW version will you play?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Retail, Will lvl a char on Classic in downtimes, But Classic endgame is so empty outside raids so wont do much post 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Retail.

Re Classic: Been there, done that. Game blew the lid off the MMO world but in today's gaming market - it sucks.
    I couldn't agree more! Nuff said

Playing both, but poll doesn't offer that option. Didn't vote.

do we really need another of these circlejerk posts ? Its only gonna end up with page after page of classic vs retail war. again

Retail.

Classic may be fun for a short period of time, but is far too demanding for the modern playerbase imo. As soon as the "dank kids" will realize that they need to buy their spells, level up their weapon skills, have components for some spells, or accept to die A LOT, they'll be coming back to retail ashamed, exhausted, and happy to go back to the game as it is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    Classic.

Cos retail is for sissies.
    Man i remember when it was the Classic crowd saying that we were complaining about what you guys play but nah its the classic crowd too looks like.

i raid on retail, so i'll play that. and then during downtime, when i'd play a different game or dont log in anyways, i'll probably check out classic.

kinda want to raid naxxramas but right now i can't see myself committing the amount of time it would take to get there, but who knows that might change after i actually play it.

should have a third option, neither.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Retail.

Re Classic: Been there, done that. Game blew the lid off the MMO world but in today's gaming market - it sucks.
    I see it the other way.

All the changes and conveniences over the years means retail is no longer a mmorpg, it can still be a ok game, but its not a mmo.

Classics nuances and sometimes craziness means everything is important.

Your actions have consequences, the lvling is a real journey instead of a inconvenience.

It definatly has issues but ironically, those some of those issue is what makes the game a great mmorpg.

Worst case, its a 2.5year trip, personally i want tbc servers to come afterwards. But we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    When Classic is released and for the year after that which version of WOW will you play the most Classic or Retail?
    I've done "classic", it was shit compared to retail.
    So obviously not classic.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    Classic for sure. I have been playing since 2007 and retail game today isnt the game that I signed up to play. Cant wait for Classic
    Curious, when (since it's subjective for everyone) did the game become not the one you signed up for? Me personally, Dragon Soul patch, however Firelands was really the beginning of the end. Started drinking heavily when I had to kite the dogs because no-one knew how to do it. When hunters couldn't comprehend Beth, when people couldn't comprehend what leg to hit when, how to fly through rings... yea. Dragon Soul however was the deathknell.

to be honest I see myself spending most of my time in classic. The journey to 60 will be epic unlike the journey to 120 which feels ... far from epic.

Retail. I'll give Classic a try just to see the old world again and that kind of stuff, but there's no chance ancient content is going to take over as my main game.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I strongly suggest to reduce intake on that pot.
    No need to troll.

I quit Retail in March, should have quit sooner tbh. Game hasn't been good for many many years. Kept playing basically out of a habit and boredom, not because it was actually fun.

So yeah, Classic.

To be fair, after one year ill still be playing both.

Retail.

I have absolutely none interest in classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    BFA was ghost town after month. So 15y old game lasting 1 1y is actualy pretty good.
    I have 3-4000 online on my server on a random evening..

Not the 6500-7000 that was online the first 2-3 months, but far from a ghost town, and quite good a week before a major patch, where people are feeling the content draught extra hard.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-06-19 at 03:12 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd have to pay me money to play Classic WoW.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Both but more time on Retail, depending on how the patches and future expac look. While I like aspects of Classic, I really don't see how it could capture my attention for more than a couple months at best.