Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

different language servers

Anyone know if classic will have french/german/etc servers? or more interestingly: spanish/russian servers which weren't actually available in classic?

seems like a no brainer that they would add them, but on the other hand for some of less popular languages retail has there might not be enough long term players?

We dont need seperate servers yet. They should add more servers later, where you can transfer freely.

I hope they have russian servers. (And i hope for a Eastern European server also but that will prob not happen)

That way everyone else wont have their game experience ruined.

Please by all that is holy do Russian servers and don't let Russian teams compete against anything but other Russian teams.

Cheaters, exploiters, hackers and lagging bastards vs cheaters, exploiters, hackers and lagging bastards. Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by swenemy451 View Post
    Please by all that is holy do Russian servers and don't let Russian teams compete against anything but other Russian teams.

Cheaters, exploiters, hackers and lagging bastards vs cheaters, exploiters, hackers and lagging bastards. Balance.
    Out of curiosity, what can people cheat with in classic ? there are no arenas, bg grinding takes months and is pretty much the same time investment for most people unless you're part of a top tier premade group, and the only way to win trade bg ranks is to have a premade group on each side to queue into, you can't make a character of the opposite faction on the same server so the odds of actually getting 2 full premade groups of russian wintraders is unlikely.

If you think about it a while, you will realize that there isn't much to cheat in classic because literally everything is gated behind a tremendous grind, whether it be leveling, pve , pvp etc. There would be nothing which can be abused in any way differently than what a normal player would do to gain the same result.

Now exploiting and hacking is a different matter but I don't think separate servers will be relevant in altering any of these things, because people who choose to hack/exploit are already aware they are breaking the law and will always find a way to bypass the security of things regardless of server location and whatnot, this has more to do with blizzard's ability to catch players breaking the code of conduct than any separate server issue.

I believe that most of these complaints are from years of bg/arena grief on retail that people are carrying over into an area that doesn't merit such complaints tbh, in my opinion having multiple cultures on a server brings a level of realism that is beyond what the game can offer, so long as everyone can communicate with each other of course, so outside of players who believe that they do not wish to communicate with other foreign speakers in any language other than their native tongue then multi-cultural servers is a great idea.

Finally, I wouldn't label an entire country as cheaters/hackers etc, even if there is precedent of multiple occasions I wouldn't say it's fair to stereotype everyone of a certain ethnicity/nationality into a specific cliché, this reeks of low-key racism.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-06-19 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Out of curiosity, what can people cheat with in classic ? there are no arenas, bg grinding takes months and is pretty much the same time investment for most people unless you're part of a top tier premade group, and the only way to win trade bg ranks is to have a premade group on each side to queue into, you can't make a character of the opposite faction on the same server so the odds of actually getting 2 full premade groups of russian wintraders is unlikely.

If you think about it a while, you will realize that there isn't much to cheat in classic because literally everything is gated behind a tremendous grind, whether it be leveling, pve , pvp etc. There would be nothing which can be abused in any way differently than what a normal player would do to gain the same result.

Now exploiting and hacking is a different matter but I don't think separate servers will be relevant in altering any of these things, because people who choose to hack/exploit are already aware they are breaking the law and will always find a way to bypass the security of things regardless of server location and whatnot, this has more to do with blizzard's ability to catch players breaking the code of conduct than any separate server issue.

I believe that most of these complaints are from years of bg/arena grief on retail that people are carrying over into an area that doesn't merit such complaints tbh, in my opinion having multiple cultures on a server brings a level of realism that is beyond what the game can offer, so long as everyone can communicate with each other of course, so outside of players who believe that they do not wish to communicate with other foreign speakers in any language other than their native tongue then multi-cultural servers is a great idea.

Finally, I wouldn't label an entire country as cheaters/hackers etc, even if there is precedent of multiple occasions I wouldn't say it's fair to stereotype everyone of a certain ethnicity into a specific cliché, this reeks of low-key racism.
    You must be playing on the US servers. Russians always find a way to be toxic and abuse stuff that would get most people banned. They always queue up with premades to BG's also. And i mean always. There is no chance in hell that every time you see a Russian in a BG it is with his 9-14 friends in the same team and it was just random every time.

More importantly will general chat be full of those weirdos who screech at anybody speaking a foreign language because it "isn't allowed here"?

Finally, I wouldn't label an entire country as cheaters/hackers etc, even if there is precedent of multiple occasions I wouldn't say it's fair to stereotype everyone of a certain ethnicity/nationality into a specific cliché, this reeks of low-key racism.
    Dude it's not stereotyping when it's true. Russians in WoW or games in general are a fucking scourge. They cheat much more than other people. I don't know why that is, but it's true.

The true classic experience was playing in the same server with people that don't speak english.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    You must be playing on the US servers. Russians always find a way to be toxic and abuse stuff that would get most people banned. They always queue up with premades to BG's also. And i mean always. There is no chance in hell that every time you see a Russian in a BG it is with his 9-14 friends in the same team and it was just random every time.
    Actually, I play on the EU servers.

Like I said, having precedence of somethings shouldn't label an entire country as criminals.

I used to have 2 russian players in my raid group and they were the nicest people and they always did their best to help the guild.

The reason russians queue as premades is probably because of this stereotype that makes it almost impossible for them to join non-russian groups out of sheer prejudice, although I will give you that language barriers also play a role in that.

@swenemy451

So judging by your logic, all people of African origins are criminals? do you know what racism is sir?
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-06-19 at 03:02 PM.

Actually, I play on the EU servers.

Like I said, having precedence of somethings shouldn't label an entire country as criminals.

I used to have 2 russian players in my raid group and they were the nicest people and they always did their best to help the guild.

The reason russians queue as premades is probably because of this stereotype that makes it almost impossible for them to join non-russian groups out of sheer prejudice, although I will give you that language barriers also play a role in that.
    We dont say all russians are like that, only the ones playing this game.

No Russians on EU servers please.

We dont say all russians are like that, only the ones playing this game.
    But I've met a lot of good russians playing wow, maybe you've only met the bad ones and have decided that they're all this way, it's a shame really.

But I've met a lot of good russians playing wow, maybe you've only met the bad ones and have decided that they're all this way, it's a shame really.
    And i have met a lot of X that is Y that does not mean that something can not be true when you look at a grand scale of things. If 1 out of 100 from a specific region is a honorable and nice player and 99 is more toxic than nuclear waste then i would not go around and try and claim that most people from that region is like the one person that is honorable and nice.

And i have met a lot of X that is Y that does not mean that something can not be true when you look at a grand scale of things. If 1 out of 100 from a specific region is a honorable and nice player and 99 is more toxic than nuclear waste then i would not go around and try and claim that most people from that region is like the one person that is honorable and nice.
    Like I said, you are conditioned to see it this way because you've only seen the bad type of russians, in actuality the proportion to which you relate such toxic behavior is much less than you perceive it to be, to label it 1 out of a 100 means 99% when in reality it could be somewhere in the 30 or 40%, you must separate being toxic and breaking the law apart, because the number of players who actually break the code of conduct are much fewer than the people who are rude.

Being toxic is something that is bred, if you were shunned by most of the community for being a certain race/nationality you'd only turn to your own , which breeds the toxicity that is reflected. This exact behavior is seen in any community that is shunned, check the African-American community to see what I mean.

They've been branded as criminals by the majority of the non-African community and as such their living conditions are harsh and cruel, what do you expect of someone who has been pushed down the only path left for them to do ? a lot of the toxic behavior that you speak of is merely a reflection of what the overall community has bred, the actual exploiters are far fewer than your estimations.

Edit: But I don't expect you to listen to my words, if deep-rooted belief was as easily changeable as simply as attempting to reason we wouldn't have such global issues today.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-06-19 at 03:25 PM.

Like I said, you are conditioned to see it this way because you've only seen the bad type of russians, in actuality the proportion to which you relate such toxic behavior is much less than you perceive it to be, to label it 1 out of a 100 means 99% when in reality it could be somewhere in the 30 or 40%, you must separate being toxic and breaking the law apart, because the number of players who actually break the code of conduct are much fewer than the people who are rude.

Being toxic is something that is bred, if you were shunned by most of the community for being a certain race/nationality you'd only turn to your own , which breeds the toxicity that is reflected. This exact behavior is seen in any community that is shunned, check the African-American community to see what I mean.

They've been branded as criminals by the majority of the non-African community and as such their living conditions are harsh and cruel, what do you expect of someone who has been pushed down the only path left for them to do ? a lot of the toxic behavior that you speak of is merely a reflection of what the overall community has bred, the actual exploiters are far fewer than your estimations.

Edit: But I don't expect you to listen to my words, if deep-rooted belief was as easily changeable as simply as attempting to reason we wouldn't have such global issues today.
    Are you really going that route with this? Then i have a lot to say about why people dont like X nationality in their country. And it is not because they look different but rather how they act against the majority. If you start to act like a R-tard people will start to disslike you. But you defend it and saying because people disslike them they keep acting like idiots because "reasons".

EDIT: I wont go in to details because i have a feeling your head would explode from the SJW overload you would feel.

This does seem like the perfect time to implement servers with dedicated languages. That sounds like to much work for current blizzard though...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    More importantly will general chat be full of those weirdos who screech at anybody speaking a foreign language because it "isn't allowed here"?
    Why would anyone do that? You can just report them for language, since they are speaking the wrong one

Are you really going that route with this? Then i have a lot to say about why people dont like X nationality in their country. And it is not because they look different but rather how they act against the majority. If you start to act like a R-tard people will start to disslike you. But you defend it and saying because people disslike them they keep acting like idiots because "reasons".
    I'm not condoning the behavior of players who break the rules, I'm simply stating that labeling them all as criminals is unfair to those that really aren't criminals.

But you've already labeled them all as criminals, I can give you a thousand reasons why you shouldn't do this but you seem to have already made up your mind, it's crazy how many people believe they aren't racist but actually are, wake up already.

Russian community is pretty much non-existent for Classic, although there is probably gonna be a Russian realm or two but everyone who is interested in playing classic seriously will roll EU/US. Even Russians don't want to play with other Russians.